X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adelefan2125
    replied
    Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
    Imagine if she loses the big categories.
    I see her losing the categories for the album (AOTY and Best Pop Vocal Album). She will not even be nominated for Best Music Video (why didn't her team submit Oh My God? That one had more chances )

I see her winning: Song of the Year (Easy On Me), Best Pop Solo Performance (Easy On Me) and Best Music Film (One Night Only).

She's definitely losing her streak this time around.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
    Billie Eilish lost all nominations for 'Happier Than Ever' when she won the big 4 and even 'Record of the Year' twice in a row before. So yeah, it's possible that the same could happen with Adele.

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied

Leave a comment:

• joe2012finn
    replied
    Actually 7 Grammy submissions! They sent EOM for Music Video too.
    https://twitter.com/adeledailynet/st...15550228910081

Leave a comment:

• joe2012finn
    replied
    Originally posted by Adelefan2125 View Post
    I have a feeling that Adele won’t submit anything from 30 to the Grammys to avoid competing with Beyoncé again.
    She did submit! Even One Night Only submitted for Music Film category.
    https://twitter.com/onthebulletin/st...98366496358404
    https://twitter.com/onthebulletin/st...10989258440704

Leave a comment:

• BadMan125
    replied
    Originally posted by joe2012finn View Post

It seems like they have promoted her personality more than the music this era. Like, think about the Instagram Live stream. And then the Oprah interview. And the YouTube videos for Vogue, NikkieTutorials and more recently Elle. It's almost as if they've been trying to clean up her public image, but then Vegas happened and Adele decided to drop everything. It's sad. Now she needs to prove that she's insurable and trustworthy again as a touring artist.
    I didn't think about it like that but you may have a point there.

Leave a comment:

• Adelefan2125
    replied
    I have a feeling that Adele won’t submit anything from 30 to the Grammys to avoid competing with Beyoncé again.

Leave a comment:

• xrafaelx
    replied
    Swiss hitparade
    98 (RE) 36 Easy On Me

Leave a comment:

• joe2012finn
    replied
    Originally posted by BadMan125 View Post
    We gotta understand Adele is now at that point in her career, like a lot of artists who enter the veteran stage (Adele's career is now 16 years old, including 14 years of releasing albums), where sales are gonna be a little difficult than when it was when they were younger and Adele will be 35 next year. Another factor is Adele got into so much controversy over how 30 came out (vinyl record delay, which allegedly led to a lot of other albums, namely Ed Sheeran's =) that the negative press she got from it probably affected how she wanted to promote the album. I knew her heart wasn't into it anymore when she took her time to announce new dates for the Vegas residency (from early 2021 to late 2022) and focused more on her personal situations. It's unfortunate but it is what it is. Adele still has a hit album though.
    It seems like they have promoted her personality more than the music this era. Like, think about the Instagram Live stream. And then the Oprah interview. And the YouTube videos for Vogue, NikkieTutorials and more recently Elle. It's almost as if they've been trying to clean up her public image, but then Vegas happened and Adele decided to drop everything. It's sad. Now she needs to prove that she's insurable and trustworthy again as a touring artist.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
    What are the pure sales estimate in US for “30”?
    For 2022, 233,600 copies: https://hitsdailydouble.com/ytd_project_activity

Leave a comment:

• BadMan125
    replied
    We gotta understand Adele is now at that point in her career, like a lot of artists who enter the veteran stage (Adele's career is now 16 years old, including 14 years of releasing albums), where sales are gonna be a little difficult than when it was when they were younger and Adele will be 35 next year. Another factor is Adele got into so much controversy over how 30 came out (vinyl record delay, which allegedly led to a lot of other albums, namely Ed Sheeran's =) that the negative press she got from it probably affected how she wanted to promote the album. I knew her heart wasn't into it anymore when she took her time to announce new dates for the Vegas residency (from early 2021 to late 2022) and focused more on her personal situations. It's unfortunate but it is what it is. Adele still has a hit album though.

Leave a comment:

• Nost
    replied
    France :

#118 (-25) 30

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    What should be factored in are Adele's '30's chart runs globally. Once 2022 started and promo suddenly stopped, the album started dropping heavily on the charts. You can't blame its performance entirely on different consumption behaviors, when it basically only sold well for a few weeks of the holiday season, when there have been other albums that really charted high for many months (Harry Styles, Olivia Rodrigo, Morgan Wallen, etc.).

Leave a comment:

• joe2012finn
    replied
    Sweden still loves her.
    30 climbed to #20 on their albums chart (+6).

https://twitter.com/chart_adele/stat...39579935739904

Leave a comment:

• joe2012finn
    replied

I’m not disappointed with the album at all! I love most of the tracks, and My Little Love and Love Is A Game are among my favorite Adele songs ever! But that has nothing to do with the public not connecting with it. If the general public had loved this album as her previous ones, her streaming numbers would be higher. After all the opinions I’ve seen on social media and people around me who’ve heard the album, they’re not too crazy about it. They don’t dislike it, but it’s not the same universal love she obtained with "21" or "25". Obviously a decline was more than obvious, given the shift to the full streaming era, and one would expect a 65% decline (pretty realistic estimation), that would’ve put "30" total pure sales at 3.4M in the US, but the reality is she will STRUGGLE to even reach the 2M mark. If anything, I’m disappointed beyond belief with her and her team, the Vegas fiasco was no excuse to not push any more singles on Radio or release more music videos… They were lazy for most of the year for literally no reason. She releases every 5/6 years, she should at least commit herself to promote her material for a full year and then disappear if that’s what she wants, but not this half-assed mess that this era has been…
    Ok. I respect your opinion ofc! But in my experience, most hardcore fans, Daydreamers, that I have talked with have loved this album. But ofc it depends on who we talk with. Either way, I also think My Little Love is fantastic. I guess 21 and 25 had more songs that were radio friendly/easier to consume. But overall 30 makes me curious about her next album.

But we have to remember that When We Were Young bombed at first. And Send My Love was only a pop radio hit really. And Love in the Dark only blew up a year ago thanks to Tiktok. So it's not always about the music not being good. Sometimes it takes more than one listen for it to click.

Leave a comment:

• Adelefan2125
    replied

It's not excuses, it's facts!!! If 25 was released today, it would have done worse too. The game has changed so much. I feel like you are projecting your disappointment with the album into what you call the public opinion. But try to be objective. We've seen it so many times that people on these forums have no idea what the GP thinks. The GP doesn't buy albums anymore. Taylor's sales are coming from her devoted fans. And same for Harry Styles. Even Ed Sheeran has more of a fanbase than Adele. Or at least he's serving his fans more. Also, some people (GenZ) are literally buying LPs to put up on their walls for decoration and aesthetics these days. It's just not a sign of GP interest anymore. And even less so when A5 comes out. Now the GP just streams. And like I said, 30 is streaming better globally (around Top 100 on Spotify) than in the US (not in Top 200). But 21 and 25 had already dropped out of the Billboard 200 a year or two before 30 came out, so there's something deeper going on than people just not feeling EOM/30.
    I’m not disappointed with the album at all! I love most of the tracks, and My Little Love and Love Is A Game are among my favorite Adele songs ever! But that has nothing to do with the public not connecting with it. If the general public had loved this album as her previous ones, her streaming numbers would be higher. After all the opinions I’ve seen on social media and people around me who’ve heard the album, they’re not too crazy about it. They don’t dislike it, but it’s not the same universal love she obtained with "21" or "25". Obviously a decline was more than obvious, given the shift to the full streaming era, and one would expect a 65% decline (pretty realistic estimation), that would’ve put "30" total pure sales at 3.4M in the US, but the reality is she will STRUGGLE to even reach the 2M mark. If anything, I’m disappointed beyond belief with her and her team, the Vegas fiasco was no excuse to not push any more singles on Radio or release more music videos… They were lazy for most of the year for literally no reason. She releases every 5/6 years, she should at least commit herself to promote her material for a full year and then disappear if that’s what she wants, but not this half-assed mess that this era has been…

Leave a comment:

• joe2012finn
    replied
    Maybe people will have more realistic expectations for her next record, because we can compare streaming numbers rather than sales then.

Leave a comment:

• joe2012finn
    replied

This shouldn’t even be an excuse… We are talking about the woman whose two previous albums sold 10M in pure sales each… Under no circumstances she should have dropped so much. She hasn’t even outsold “25” first 3 DAYS sales… As fans, we cannot be delusional and think this is only a matter of promo… The public truly didn’t connect with the album. It’s reflected in the sales and streaming numbers of the other tracks. Even freaking “Evermore” is higher in the pure sales charts. That is unacceptable. Her team doing NOTHING is truly puzzling and irritating…
    It's not excuses, it's facts!!! If 25 was released today, it would have done worse too. The game has changed so much. I feel like you are projecting your disappointment with the album into what you call the public opinion. But try to be objective. We've seen it so many times that people on these forums have no idea what the GP thinks. The GP doesn't buy albums anymore. Taylor's sales are coming from her devoted fans. And same for Harry Styles. Even Ed Sheeran has more of a fanbase than Adele. Or at least he's serving his fans more. Also, some people (GenZ) are literally buying LPs to put up on their walls for decoration and aesthetics these days. It's just not a sign of GP interest anymore. And even less so when A5 comes out. Now the GP just streams. And like I said, 30 is streaming better globally (around Top 100 on Spotify) than in the US (not in Top 200). But 21 and 25 had already dropped out of the Billboard 200 a year or two before 30 came out, so there's something deeper going on than people just not feeling EOM/30.

Leave a comment:

• SerbianInLA
    replied
    What are the pure sales estimate in US for “30”?

Leave a comment:

• Adelefan2125
    replied
    BadMan125 I wrote pretty extensively about this on the previous page, that pure sales are becoming more and more of a fandom/collector's item thing. And since Adele doesn't really have hardcore fans like Harry or Taylor, it's gonna get harder and harder for Adele to compete in pure sales. Especially since the supermarkets have stopped carrying albums. Adele has GP support but they have moved on to streaming and will continue to do so in the future. Adele just needs to adapt to the streaming world an its rules.
    This shouldn’t even be an excuse… We are talking about the woman whose two previous albums sold 10M in pure sales each… Under no circumstances she should have dropped so much. She hasn’t even outsold “25” first 3 DAYS sales… As fans, we cannot be delusional and think this is only a matter of promo… The public truly didn’t connect with the album. It’s reflected in the sales and streaming numbers of the other tracks. Even freaking “Evermore” is higher in the pure sales charts. That is unacceptable. Her team doing NOTHING is truly puzzling and irritating…

Leave a comment:

• joe2012finn
    replied
    All songs on 30 now have more than 50 million streams on Spotify!

Leave a comment:

• Zak.ari.329
    replied

30 is in between SOUR by Olivia Rodrigo and Renaissance by Beyonce in the best pure-selling albums of 2022 by women. I don't think it's ever getting pass Folklore.
    It won’t unless something magical happens. Folklore has been higher in the pure album chart since the beginning of the year. 30 is about to leave the pure sales chart soon. Hopefully we get a Xmas boost so it can reach 2m, but that’ll be hard. Regardless Folklore is only at 2m WW while 30 is nearing 4m. You win some, you lose some

Leave a comment:

• joe2012finn
    replied
    BadMan125 I wrote pretty extensively about this on the previous page, that pure sales are becoming more and more of a fandom/collector's item thing. And since Adele doesn't really have hardcore fans like Harry or Taylor, it's gonna get harder and harder for Adele to compete in pure sales. Especially since the supermarkets have stopped carrying albums. Adele has GP support but they have moved on to streaming and will continue to do so in the future. Adele just needs to adapt to the streaming world an its rules.

Leave a comment:

• BadMan125
    replied

30 is in between SOUR by Olivia Rodrigo and Renaissance by Beyonce in the best pure-selling albums of 2022 by women. I don't think it's ever getting pass Folklore.
    Last edited by BadMan125; Fri October 7, 2022, 19:08.

Leave a comment:

• joe2012finn
    replied
    Adele's 30 has left the UK OCC charts after spending 45 weeks on the chart. This is probably the first of her albums to leave the chart with less than 50 weeks.
    Yeah, 30 really suffers from the chart rule that they down weight the top two streamed songs from an album, and since Adele's only put out two singles she's screwed. 30 has been in Top 40 of UK's Apple Music streams for many weeks straight now. And #77 on Spotify in the latest weekly chart. So she would be comfortably inside the official chart without that rule.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X