• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Britneysdream View Post
    Some first day sales for the uk yesterday

physicals: 86k
    digital: 26k

so she did 112k pure yesterday on day 1, this does not include streaming or vinyl sales
    it could be her first day sales was around 160k
    People were expecting higher in the UK I was also but I guess the drop in sales in the market has impacted her quite a bit. I did expect better streaming numbers also I dont think 60m is really that impressive.

Most likely only dooes 350/400k+ In the UK now compared to some people that expected 600k.

Compared to Ed and the overall market her sales are pretty amazing though.
    R.I.P Amy Winehouse :3

Comment

• A lot of expectations were wildly over the top.
      3 significant factors had to be taken into account

1. There was less excitement for this album (although still a lot) than there was for the follow up to 21, the biggest selling album of the 21st century
      2. The album market has absolutely fallen through the floor. Abba have the fastest selling album in over 4 years, and it just scraped past 200k for the week.
      3. This album went straight on Spotify, and wasn't held back like her previous albums. The weighting of what is a streaming sale to actual sales is very low.

With that in mind, I think this is a massive number, but lots of people may be disappointed who thought unreasonably that it could get anywhere close to her figures in 2015.

Comment

• It’s actually inline with what I said, I said between 300 to 400k so I’m extremely happy it’s on course for that lol

Comment

• My highest expectations in UK were 500k... I think it could reach 400k in UK by Friday which is still impressive with the climate sales in 2021.

Regarding the streaming numbers... I've read some people saying "only" 61M is a poor figure for Adele, and comparisons with Taylor numbers...
          Well, take into account that it's a 12 tracks album... If we take the total figure as the people who consumed the whole album (I know it's technically not like that, but...)
          61M / 12 tracks = 5 million people listened to the whole album.
          While 91M / 30 tracks = 3 million people listened to the whole album.
          It's a good streaming figure for her all things considered. Not record breaking, but great anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
            My highest expectations in UK were 500k... I think it could reach 400k in UK by Friday which is still impressive with the climate sales in 2021.

Regarding the streaming numbers... I've read some people saying "only" 61M is a poor figure for Adele, and comparisons with Taylor numbers...
            Well, take into account that it's a 12 tracks album... If we take the total figure as the people who consumed the whole album (I know it's technically not like that, but...)
            It's a good streaming figure for her all things considered. Not record breaking, but great anyway.
            Fantastic post, Taylor had 30 tracks Adele has 12 tracks, plus no one actually thought she would do that well on streaming considering her last releases were not on streaming instantly

either way it’s a fantastic result and the album will become the fastest selling album of the year in the uk and by a good margin too

Comment

• She will dominate the pure sales anyway.

Comment

• When we gonna get first day US sales?

Comment

• I think she did 150k first day in the uk with streams included, a very solid number, and she will be consistent throughout the week, and she has her itv special on Sunday which will boost her sales

Comment

Fantastic post, Taylor had 30 tracks Adele has 12 tracks, plus no one actually thought she would do that well on streaming considering her last releases were not on streaming instantly

either way it’s a fantastic result and the album will become the fastest selling album of the year in the uk and by a good margin too
                    EOM debuted with 24m and obliterated the first day Spotify record. I think it is totally understandable if some people expected better numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by CorneliaStreet View Post

EOM debuted with 24m and obliterated the first day Spotify record. I think it is totally understandable if some people expected better numbers
                      They were unfiltered streams though, so is the 60 million also filtered streams? Or unfiltered?

Comment

They were unfiltered streams though, so is the 60 million also filtered streams? Or unfiltered?
                        She also broke the filtered streams record though

Comment

• [QUOTE=CorneliaStreet;n10764712]

She also broke the filtered streams record though[/QUOTE

im not denying that I’m just asking if these are filtered or not, cos EOM got 19.7 million filtered and then 24 million unfiltered,

so it could be 60 million filtered streams but overall 70 million streams, that’s what I’m trying to work out

Comment

• Regarding UK sales, I believe lots of preorders from her official website are still not included. They usually are through the week.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Britneysdream;n10764716]
                              Originally posted by CorneliaStreet View Post

She also broke the filtered streams record though[/QUOTE

im not denying that I’m just asking if these are filtered or not, cos EOM got 19.7 million filtered and then 24 million unfiltered,

so it could be 60 million filtered streams but overall 70 million streams, that’s what I’m trying to work out
                              Oh I have no idea. I think filtered streams come out later

Comment

• Originally posted by sprock93 View Post
                                Regarding UK sales, I believe lots of preorders from her official website are still not included. They usually are through the week.
                                Had no notification from her official site saying the 3 copies have been shipped yet.
                                Last edited by IDreamed; Sat November 20, 2021, 12:49.

Comment

• Oh wow so there could be missing sales in the uk too so 112k pure probably isn’t the full picture then

Comment

• @Chloey we should get the first day estimate later today Saturday Nov 20th from Hits Daily Double/Billboard mag and have a weekly total in the US of 1.8 million 48.3% down from was 25 did opening week 6 years ago and be top seller of the year
                                    "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• Next Saturday, La 1, the main Spanish public tv channel, will broadcast the CBS special Adele: One night only, which I guess will boost second week's sales in Spain. I don't know why they didn't get the BBC one, taking into account both channels share many contents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Choley View Post
                                        When we gonna get first day US sales?
                                        About 3p.m. EST

Comment

• 1.8 million in the USA? That would be incredible, and I expected between 1.5 million and 2 million usa first week, so again quite happy

Comment

• Japan (Oricon)

Daily Chart

#2 30 (4,823)

Comment

• Actually if someone could help me I was wondering, let’s say 30 sells 1.8 million first week in the USA

for RIAA purposes don’t they count the pre release streams from EOM? In which case the album could be over 2 million total units after the first week? And could be double platinum by RIAA?

Comment

• If that's true about the US, then it's bigger than any of Swifts albums during better times.

Comment

• The meltdowns on BuzzJack
                                                  300-400k which is what it looks like it might do is very very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                                    My highest expectations in UK were 500k... I think it could reach 400k in UK by Friday which is still impressive with the climate sales in 2021.

Find myself agreeing with so many of your posts recently. A voice of reason!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X