Adele :: The "30" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.billboard.com/music/char...-d0Hkd2D-Hrmvw

Adele’s ‘30’ Continues Hot Streak on Billboard 200, Spends Fifth Week at No. 1
    By Keith Caulfield

Adele’s 30 continues its hot streak on the Billboard 200 albums chart, as the set locks in a fifth consecutive, and total, week at No. 1 on the tally (dated Jan. 1, 2022). The set earned 212,000 equivalent album units (up 16%) in the U.S. in the week ending Dec. 23, according to MRC Data.

30 bowed at No. 1 on the chart dated Dec. 4 with 839,000 units earned. It then saw its second, third, fourth and fifth weeks tally 288,000, 193,000, 183,000 and 212,000 units, respectively.

30 logs the biggest fifth week for any album in over three years, since Adele’s last album, 25, was No. 1 in its fifth week, on the Jan. 9, 2016-dated chart, with 1.19 million units earned.

Plus, 30 is the first album to tally three weeks of at least 200,000 units in over three years, since Drake’s Scorpion saw its first three frames all clear the 200,000-unit mark.

30 is the fourth album released in 2021 to spend at least five weeks at No. 1 in total on the Billboard 200, following Morgan Wallen’s Dangerous: The Double Album (10), Olivia Rodrigo’s Sour and Drake’s Certified Lover Boy (five each).

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new Jan 1, 2022-dated chart (where 30 spends a fifth week at No. 1) will be posted in full on Billboard‘s website on Dec. 29 (one day later than usual, owed to the holiday week). For all chart news, follow billboard and billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

Of 30’s 212,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Dec. 23, album sales comprise 180,500 (up 23%), SEA units comprise 30,000 (down 14%; equaling 40.63 million on-demand streams of the set’s tracks) and TEA units comprise 1,500 units (up 6%).

Adele’s total weeks at No. 1, across all three of her No. 1 albums (21, 25 and 30), now rises to 39. She logged 24 weeks at No. 1 with 21 in 2011-12, 10 weeks with 25 in 2015-16 and now five weeks with 30 in 2021-22.

With 39 weeks total at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, Adele now ties Elton John for the eighth-most weeks at No. 1 since the list began publishing on a regular, weekly basis in March of 1956. Ahead of them are The Beatles (132), Elvis Presley (67), Taylor Swift (55), Garth Brooks (52), Michael Jackson (51), The Kingston Trio and Whitney Houston (both with 46).

Comment

• Her sales are mind boggling for week 5. The music industry in a league of her own.
      " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
      Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• I hope she pulls another 100k+ week in pure sales.

Comment

• She truly is the Music Industry. Iktr!

Next week is going to be a little tricky to predict because it started on the 24th which is the strongest selling day of the season, but after that it’s downhill. Normally albums drop 70-75% in sales after the Christmas’ boost, but since she had a cushion on the 24th, I would think she might drop around 55% in pure sales.

She will score a 6th week at #1 for sure. 7th week seems difficult because Swift is releasing a second big batch of RedTV vinyls, so let’s wait and see how things develop.

Comment

• US Album
            30 1>1>1>1>1* (#1 for 5 weeks)
            30 1(=) 212,000 (pure sales 180,500)
            ==========================
            Week 1: 839,000 (pure sales 692,000)
            Week 2: 288,000 (pure sales 225,000)
            Week 3: 193,000 (pure sales 149,000)
            Week 4: 183,000 (pure sales 146,500)
            Week 5: 212,000 (pure sales 180,500)
            =1,715,000 (pure sales 1,393,000)

Comment

• Originally posted by Adelefan2125 View Post
              She truly is the Music Industry. Iktr!

Next week is going to be a little tricky to predict because it started on the 24th which is the strongest selling day of the season, but after that it’s downhill. Normally albums drop 70-75% in sales after the Christmas’ boost, but since she had a cushion on the 24th, I would think she might drop around 55% in pure sales.

She will score a 6th week at #1 for sure. 7th week seems difficult because Swift is releasing a second big batch of RedTV vinyls, so let’s wait and see how things develop.
              That really cannot be a coincidence to me.. Folklore spent 7 non consecutive weeks at 1 and just when Adele would have equalled that here comes Taylor with her vinyls again lol. She really is so sneaky !!
              " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
              Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• If we’re anticipating that decline in sales, it means she’ll sell 45-55k in pure sales next week.

Comment

• With pre release streams the album is around 1.85 million units in the USA! Won’t take long now to pass 2 million

Comment

• Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
                    If we’re anticipating that decline in sales, it means she’ll sell 45-55k in pure sales next week.
                    I don’t think she’s going to drop 75% in pure sales because she has the 24th December counting for this tracking week. I would guess she’s going to fall to the 60k-65k mark in pure sales. She needs to start doing promo in January tho…

Comment

• Germany Year End 2021

#7 30

#67 Easy On Me
                      Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Lithuania

01 (01) 05 30

13 (08) 10 Easy On Me

35 (29) 05 Oh My God

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

That really cannot be a coincidence to me.. Folklore spent 7 non consecutive weeks at 1 and just when Adele would have equalled that here comes Taylor with her vinyls again lol. She really is so sneaky !!
                          Adele should do some promo to prevent Taylor reaching #1 that week. It would be great to see the meltdowns.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                            Adele should do some promo to prevent Taylor reaching #1 that week. It would be great to see the meltdowns.
                            Just imagine the meltdowns if Adele stays #1 that week without any promo.
                            And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• UK weekly pure sales *thanks to Mart!n*

Week 1 - 217,666
                              Week 2 - 82,471
                              Week 3 - 61,448
                              Week 4 - 59,211
                              Week 5 - 63,493

Total - 484,289

Comment

• Originally posted by Adelefan2125 View Post
                                Vinyl shipments from TS's online store have been delayed to February 25.

Comment

• 1. Easy On Me: 104.10 (+0.34)
                                  21. oh My God: 35.48 (+0.42)
                                  And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• Spain

03 (02) 05 30 (GOLD 20,000 copies)

35 (31) 10 Easy On Me (Platinum 40,000 copies)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hijakint View Post

Vinyl shipments from TS's online store have been delayed to February 25.
                                      Thanks for this info.

Comment

• Comment

• Adele's 30 (Streams on Spotify WW)

All Night Parking (with Erroll Garner) Interlude 30,107,824

Can I Get It 55,527,024

Cry Your Heart Out 34,590,033

Easy On Me 496,981,736

Hold On 30,613,170

I Drink Wine 51,287,698

Love Is A Game 26,693,056

My Little Love 47,958,386

Oh My God 97,691,948

Strangers By Nature 35,850,244

To Be Loved 36,678,004

Woman Like Me 28,354,694

Total 972,333,817

Comment

• 30 sold 59k vinyl in the US in week 5, total 293k.

Comment

• Denmark

05 (03) 05 30

Comment

• Italy Sales:

ADELE 30 27,465

Comment

• https://www.billboard.com/music/char...source=twitter

Bo Burnham & Kid Cudi Vinyl Releases Spur Big Gains on Top Album Sales Chart
                                                  By Keith Caulfield

Ahead of both albums on Top Album Sales are Adele’s 30, which is steady at No. 1 for a fifth straight week, selling 180,000 copies (up 23%).

On Billboard’s Vinyl Albums chart, which ranks the top-selling vinyl albums of the week, The Chosen and Inside (The Songs) debut at Nos. 2 and 3, respectively. Adele’s 30 remains at No. 1 for a fifth straight week on Vinyl Albums, with 59,000 copies sold on vinyl.

Comment

• US Vinyl sales (*US Best Selling Vinyl of the year in 4 weeks)
                                                    Week 1:108,000
                                                    Week 2:50,000
                                                    Week 3:35,000
                                                    Week 4:41,000 *
                                                    Week 5:59,000 **
                                                    =293,000

**Best Selling Vinyl in a calendar year in SS era
                                                    Last edited by zxcvbnm88; Wed December 29, 2021, 03:09.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X