Clear All

• 50M release week?

Like I said, we love an optimist
    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
      50M release week?

Like I said, we love an optimist
      That's among ALL STREAMING SERVICES, not only from Spotify. Only 10M to 16M from Spotify on first week.
      Maybe you think it's too much but I believe that with some promo will get there.

I guess many of the remixes (even previously released) got their biggest stream day ever so far yesterday on Spotify!

Comment

• Promo?
        Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Jesus take the wheel

Comment

Promo?
            Global promo (windows at music shops), international news and reports about Madonna and the album and maybe some advertising (on Spotify and maybe even on the radio or TV in some countries).

Until now the only press is from US (as well as her pride performance that only generated news in US so far) and usually there is a media circus surrounding a Madonna new album (even a new compilation). There will be some promo, even if not much, some is better than zero. Besides is Madonna birthday week and so many media talk about her birthday every year (even without being her 40 year career anniversary or having a new album out).

Comment

• MadNuno baby,nothing of what you described above works ,as far as streaming goes.
              So, 16 million on week one for a Madonna remix album is absolutely impossible

Comment

• I mean Madame X probably hasn’t even done a billion streams across all platforms, so I just don’t see a remix album doing a 20th of that in week one.
                Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Also Hollywood remix is on the Release Radar playlist. It doing on par/less then the first half of the album is um yeah not great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                    Also Hollywood remix is on the Release Radar playlist. It doing on par/less then the first half of the album is um yeah not great.
                    That’s a personalised playlist, although yes, mine is also Hollywood. It’s a bit of a shame everyone who was playing Frozen Remix hasn’t given it a go though.
                    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• A bit off topic, but since Madnuno keeps repeating that Spotify is just 30% of the market and simply multiplies its daily/weekly numbers till 100% to get a total market share numbers picture… that’s definitely not how it works.
                      Yes, according to some studies published at the beginning of this year, Spotify has the lead, by a big margin, of the streaming cake with 31% of the total, followed by Apple Music (15%), Amazon Music (13%), Tencent Music (13%) and YouTube (8%).
                      Does this mean that if she receives 1M on Spotify one week she’ll receive the exact proportional streams on each of those platforms according to these market share %? Definitely no.
                      Tencent Music is the company behind QQMusic and other Chinese stream platforms. Where the vast majority of consumption is from local artists.
                      Same with other platforms. If one Chinese artist is doing huge numbers on QQ Music I cannot extrapolate those numbers to other streaming platforms…
                      So, obviously, when calculating numbers from “other platforms” besides Spotify that don’t provide figures, you have to take into account the genre, the artist, and definitely the nationality of the artist.
                      For most western pop acts, Spotify can actually be 50 to 60% or their total streaming numbers.
                      While Spotify is behind Apple Music in US, for example, is miles ahead in other territories like most of Europe or Latin America.

Not even going to discuss the numbers he’s expecting for Spotify on the physical release week as they’re obviously not going to happen… But I just wanted to bring some light on the even more crazy numbers expected from other platforms just based on that report of Spotify being 31% of the total market.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                        MadNuno baby,nothing of what you described above works ,as far as streaming goes.
                        I started writing back and just thought whats the point
                        " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                        Stan of Meredith.

Comment

That’s a personalised playlist, although yes, mine is also Hollywood. It’s a bit of a shame everyone who was playing Frozen Remix hasn’t given it a go though.
                          It is a personalized playlist but the song is the same for everyone who has Madonna in that playlist meaning everyone has Hollywood. Still it should have done a little better imo at least 30k.

Comment

• Yall are agruing with someone whos literal name is "Mad". From past posts this shouldnt be surprising

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I started writing back and just thought whats the point
                              Believe me ,that happens to me quite often

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

It is a personalized playlist but the song is the same for everyone who has Madonna in that playlist meaning everyone has Hollywood. Still it should have done a little better imo at least 30k.
                                Agreed. When the 50 track edition is released maybe they need to push Material Girl to get the Frozen Remix crowd listening.
                                Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Not the whole album doing less than the Frozen remix in a day, truly the pits but anyway 9/16 of the remixes were already available and it’s not like they’re new songs, also awful if they’re pushing the Hollywood remix because it’s one of the only bad ones from the album, they should have pushed Music.

I guess that by Aug 19th it will have around 5M streams + 19M that it already had = 24M and then with all the new remixes it could have a small chance to debut in the Top 10 on Billboard and in the UK.

Comment

• I was hoping for this album to do similar numbers to the Madame X live album, which it did. I'm happy. Like many people said, this is literately a selection of old remixes put together, and unless the remix goes viral or something like that, it never does outstanding numbers because the audience is very limited to the hardcore fans who also happens to enjoy remixes. There are no reason for a random person to play it... no new artist or new song. To be fair I think a live album has even more appeal to the GP than a remix compilation, so for that we should be very thankful.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
                                      I was hoping for this album to do similar numbers to the Madame X live album, which it did. I'm happy. Like many people said, this is literately a selection of old remixes put together, and unless the remix goes viral or something like that, it never does outstanding numbers because the audience is very limited to the hardcore fans who also happens to enjoy remixes. There are no reason for a random person to play it... no new artist or new song. To be fair I think a live album has even more appeal to the GP than a remix compilation, so for that we should be very thankful.
                                      The only difference this time is that it’s Madonna first major release after the Frozen Remix success - so Hollywood should be in the Release Radar playlist for those who played that a few times… but clearly they didn’t even bother checking out the song (unless they did and turned it straight off )
                                      Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoirPhoenix View Post
                                        Not the whole album doing less than the Frozen remix in a day, truly the pits but anyway 9/16 of the remixes were already available and it’s not like they’re new songs, also awful if they’re pushing the Hollywood remix because it’s one of the only bad ones from the album, they should have pushed Music.

I guess that by Aug 19th it will have around 5M streams + 19M that it already had = 24M and then with all the new remixes it could have a small chance to debut in the Top 10 on Billboard and in the UK.
                                        The only way it’s going Top 10 anywhere is through physical sales. Streaming will add next to nothing.
                                        Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

The only way it’s going Top 10 anywhere is through physical sales. Streaming will add next to nothing.
                                          Yeah we know that but like I mentioned if it has 19M streams already and then adds maybe 3-4M more by the time it gets released that adds 23M at least and while it’s nothing in SEA numbers, even if it adds 2-4K to the total it helps for the album to get a cute position, vinyls and CDs will move around 95% or the total because TEA is dead now.

Comment

• It won’t chart on any country next week I bet

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                                              MadNuno baby,nothing of what you described above works ,as far as streaming goes.
                                              We'll see soon enough

Comment

• Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                                  A bit off topic, but since Madnuno keeps repeating that Spotify is just 30% of the market and simply multiplies its daily/weekly numbers till 100% to get a total market share numbers picture… that’s definitely not how it works.
                                                  Yes, according to some studies published at the beginning of this year, Spotify has the lead, by a big margin, of the streaming cake with 31% of the total, followed by Apple Music (15%), Amazon Music (13%), Tencent Music (13%) and YouTube (8%).
                                                  Does this mean that if she receives 1M on Spotify one week she’ll receive the exact proportional streams on each of those platforms according to these market share %? Definitely no.
                                                  Tencent Music is the company behind QQMusic and other Chinese stream platforms. Where the vast majority of consumption is from local artists.
                                                  Same with other platforms. If one Chinese artist is doing huge numbers on QQ Music I cannot extrapolate those numbers to other streaming platforms…
                                                  So, obviously, when calculating numbers from “other platforms” besides Spotify that don’t provide figures, you have to take into account the genre, the artist, and definitely the nationality of the artist.
                                                  For most western pop acts, Spotify can actually be 50 to 60% or their total streaming numbers.
                                                  While Spotify is behind Apple Music in US, for example, is miles ahead in other territories like most of Europe or Latin America.

Not even going to discuss the numbers he’s expecting for Spotify on the physical release week as they’re obviously not going to happen… But I just wanted to bring some light on the even more crazy numbers expected from other platforms just based on that report of Spotify being 31% of the total market.
                                                  Partial true, we don't know for sure (it's an average estimative as that's all we can do). I simpliflied the excels I did to get to that data for you.

Numbers are much more complex and even change a lot country to country. I'm not going to do a complex tendency statistic/probabilistic analisys on posts here. Not only would be boring and too complex for most of us to read it right. I can add this info to yours though:

Spotify was 31% during Q2 2021 (down from 33% from 2021 Q1) and YouTube Music (does not includes YouTube Videos except when are premium views) was 8% in Q2 2021 (up from 4% in Q1 2021). You have analyse tendencies as well as the numbers as 1 year have passed since that data.

We do have Madonna numbers for Spotify and YouTube (not as easy to get but they get published - both YouTube Music and YouTube Video). We don't have info about what Madonna streams were free ad supported or premium (except for YouTube video as we all know it's mostly ad suported and not premium).

When Madonna anounced she had 1 million streams on Apple Music she had how much? About 4 million streams on Spotify? Probably she had the same premium streams from Apple Music and Spofity as most Spotify streams are ad supported and not premium.

YouTube MUSIC have 8% but YouTube Video is not included here else YouTube would have the same numbers as Spotify and despite not being part of many countries streams it's streams are counted in many countries (like US and UK) as ad supported streams. Remember that Spotify Streams are around 80% ad supported as well and 20% premium streams while Apple Music are ALL Premium streams (and Spotify Ad Supported streams are also erased from charts and certifications of many countries like France or Germany as well).

Ad supported in US mean 3750 streams are 1 album, in UK 6000 streams are 1 album, Germany Zero and France Zero.
                                                  Premium streams mean in US 1250 streams, UK 1000 streams are 1 album, Germany 2000 are 1 album and France 1500 are 1 album.

US and UK ad supported services also include YouTube Video Free Streams as well as Spotify Ad Supported Streams.

Comment

• Originally posted by britneyliam View Post
                                                    It won’t chart on any country next week I bet
                                                    I don’t know the rules in other countries, but in the UK it isn’t eligible to chart until the a physical version is released.
                                                    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X