France 8K
    Germany 4K
    Spain 1K
    Italy 3K
    Canada 2K
    Switzerland 1K
    Others countries 21K

Total 70K WW

Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
      FEL:

US 20K

Italy 3K
      The US has a little more than five time the population of Italy, but Madonna in the last 30 years has constantly been more successful in Italy than in the US comparatively. If she sells 3k in Italy, I think she will sell less than 15k in the US. Or, as we can hope, the other way around: if she sells 20k in the States she might sell 5k in Italy.

Comment

• FEL is #1 on Amazon (France)

Comment

FEL:

US 20K
          UK 10K
          France 8K
          Germany 4K
          Spain 1K
          Italy 3K
          Canada 2K
          Switzerland 1K
          Others countries 21K

Total 70K WW

I would probably say 35K total units for US for the 1st week, and 25K for UK

Comment

• Originally posted by LIVING4LOVE View Post

I would probably say 35K total units for US for the 1st week, and 25K for UK
            25k for the UK?? Madame X only managed to just hit 25k in its first week

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

25k for the UK?? Madame X only managed to just hit 25k in its first week
              Britons love buying compilations

Comment

• UK Album Chart: Last Week!

#3 Eminem - Curtain Call 2 = 8,853 sales

I think that FEL can sell more or less that amount.
                Last edited by jjavier1978; Wed August 17, 2022, 19:37.

Comment

Sales are also down since 2019 though. By a lot.

Comment

• Finally Enough Love 23,712,859 Streams on Spotify

Comment

That's true... "The Immaculate Collection" was #01 for 9 weeks and "Celebration" peaked at #01 too.

Comment

UK Album Chart: Last Week!

#3 Eminem - Curtain Call 2 = 8,853 sales

I think that FEL can sell more or less that amount.
                        Madonna is not Eminem and her compilation is out on much more formats. Also Madonna fans are much more collectors compared to Eminem fans.

FEL will certainly do more than that. We are just not sure how much more. A TOP 5 is a garantee and a TOP 3 is a big possibility but to be #01 it's unlikely (as much as I would love that to happen) unless Madonna is going to UK TV next week to promote the album and they release a few more vinyl formats and cassettes during the first week.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

That's true... "The Immaculate Collection" was #01 for 9 weeks and "Celebration" peaked at #01 too.
                          True, but remix compilations are never as popular as greatest hits compilations.
                          My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• In the UK M can do at least 12k-15k then, having in mind that MX sold 25k and for example Kylie with her latest GH also in 2019 she pulled 32k and she had lots and lots of editions and promo.

In the US it is kinda messy but I’d say that she can still pull 20k, keep in mind that the only promo was the Jimmy Fallon interview because the GP ain’t checking her website promos.

And well R&R debuted at #115 with 22k so let’s be confident that she crushes that mark.

So her best shot in the UK is a #2?? What are the odds of a #1?? Can we get a forecast this Friday? Do Steps Can really hit more than 12k units??
                            Last edited by NoirPhoenix; Wed August 17, 2022, 21:49.

Comment

• Considering Steps has like 11 versions of their album (yes I know Madonna has several too) plus a bunch of bundles, they likely have it in the bag.

Top 5 is a definite for M, top 3 a maybe. I think her physicals will be strong but low downloads and basically no streaming will hurt her.
                              Annoyingly competitive week actually as there are albums going #1 with not even 10k in the UK these days…

Comment

• It feels like M always releases albums when big competition does the same in the UK. She always loses these days

Comment

• Originally posted by NoirPhoenix View Post
                                  In the UK M can do at least 12k-15k then, having in mind that MX sold 25k and for example Kylie with her latest GH also in 2019 she pulled 32k and she had lots and lots of editions and promo.

In the US it is kinda messy but I’d say that she can still pull 20k, keep in mind that the only promo was the Jimmy Fallon interview because the GP ain’t checking her website promos.

And well R&R debuted at #115 with 22k so let’s be confident that she crushes that mark.

So her best shot in the UK is a #2?? What are the odds of a #1?? Can we get a forecast this Friday? Do Steps Can really hit more than 12k units??

Yes, I believe Steps "Platinum Collection" will sell more than 12k almost for sure and over 90% of their sales are usually physical sales.

Steps are doing lots of promo. Have a new song out, video premiered on MTV 90's, etc.
                                  The album includes 2 new tracks and 4 unrelease remixes of some of their biggest hits on the 2CD deluxe version (21 tracks on 1CD or 41 on 2CD).

Their 2011 compilation "The Ultimate Collection" peaked #01 (not sure the sales)

Their 2020 album "What The Future Holds" peaked #02 selling 37.394 (in December - down to #14 on 2nd week)
                                  Their 2021 album "What The Future Holds - PT 2" peaked #02 selling 25.285 (in mid September - down to #21 on 2nd week)

As their album is out in August they may sell around 18-20k this time around.
                                  But taking into account this is another GH album for them and not a studio album not really sure what will they really sell.

I would say it will be very hard for Madonna to hit #01 despite not being impossible.

As I said before:
                                  Only if Madonna goes to UK next week to do some TV promo for this album it have a chance to peak at #01.

Despite this being a remix album is being promoted as her "50 Number Ones Album" - on Jimmy they didn't even said it was remixes album, only that it was her "50 number one dance songs".

Comment

• Steps? I didn't know they were back together.
                                    My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• As expected the Apple Music remains very static for FEL with a few slight ups and downs.

Album: Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
                                      Apple Music:

#31 Portugal
                                      #42 Spain
                                      #64 Guatemala
                                      #88 Netherlands
                                      #91 Greece

Comment

• Madonna has zero chance of beating Steps - they’ve got like 11 formats, have announced today you can buy personalised signed CDs via their website, and are doing six in-store signings of around 300 people at each. Steps will have TV promo lined up and have just done a summer greatest hits festival tour.

I still seriously think some of you will be very surprised at how low Madonna’s UK sales are going to be.
                                        Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                          Steps? I didn't know they were back together.
                                          I don't think they ever broke up. They moved to an independent label but they are back to BMG now.

They released an album in 2012 that only peaked #37 but their 2017 album also peaked #02 (and their live album from 2018 peaked #18, not bad for a live album).

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                            Steps? I didn't know they were back together.
                                            Since 2017 - they’ve released three new albums and are now celebrating their 25th anniversary with a greatest hits era.
                                            Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                              Madonna has zero chance of beating Steps - they’ve got like 11 formats, have announced today you can buy personalised signed CDs via their website, and are doing six in-store signings of around 300 people at each. Steps will have TV promo lined up and have just done a summer greatest hits festival tour.

I still seriously think some of you will be very surprised at how low Madonna’s UK sales are going to be.
                                              With all that promo Steps may very well sell over 30k units then.

Madonna will sell 10k-15k units (unless there is more promo for this album that I'm not aware).

On Amazon UK Madonna is #03 now (only compilations ahead of her) and Steps are #24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Since 2017 - they’ve released three new albums and are now celebrating their 25th anniversary with a greatest hits era.
                                                I vaguely remember they released something a few years ago. The rest completely passed me by.

Comment

• The UK album sales units are so low right now.I'm curious if she can crack 10-15k with a remix album

Comment

• Originally posted by Choley View Post
                                                    The UK album sales units are so low right now.I'm curious if she can crack 10-15k with a remix album
                                                    General public may not see it as a remix album at first. People I know that heard about the album are saying it's a GH compilation with her #01 Hits.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X