Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna :: The "Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones" Era

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Angeman View Post

    I feel like they did that in the UK for Madame X. They were just throwing out bundles in order to get to number 1.
    Not really... they didn't tried that hard compared to other artists.

    They only had the 3 different CD versions, 2 different vinyl records and 1 box. Also 1 regular Cassette and 1 Cassete Blue Transparent in UK (and Blue Glitter in the rest of Europe). There were many regional different version of her album then (Japan, Russia, Ukraine, Taiwan, Indonesia, etc) but those weren't selling in UK.

    Lady Gaga was Queen of bundles! She released 28 different bundles in US alone from "Chromatica" plust ticket bundles as well and plus many multiple formats that it's insane as in total each fan could buy over 30 different albums (not only in US but also in UK despite not as many). She was also on Interscope so same record label.

    Lady Gaga had 3 CD versions, 3 different vinyl records, 1 box, 4 different color cassettes on release week in UK. That's 3 more formats in UK compared to Madonna "Madame X". Sure she is younger and also have streams and have had 2 TOP 5 Hits from the album (including a #01 song with Ariana Grande) claiming also 3 TOP 40 singles entries the week the album was out. It sold 53k with half the sales being physical (including 8500 vinyl records from those 3 versions combined). In 2021 they released another box and another vinyl deluxe version to keep the album selling.

    About Madonna new collection...
    I believe that they will anounce the cassette formats and probably another special limited edition release (on CD or Vinyl or both) closer to the week of release as fans that already paid for their orders in May will already have more money to spend in June, July and August. So far we have:

    2 different CD versions, 3 different vinyl versions (including the vinyl box), and no cassettes yet.

    Also the Deluxe CD version with 3 CDs have a very nice price! 17.99 for a Madonna Triple CD of 50 Number Ones (even remixed) on Amazon is a catch!

    Funny thing is that it only says 3CD BOX "50 Number Ones" on the cover and title and doesn't say it's a remix album anywhere on Amazon (you only know by looking at the tracklist but as there are many radio edits there on CD 1 many people will order it as a GH for sure

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Finally-Eno...s%2C160&sr=1-1

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sidewalktalk View Post

      When was the last time an artist as big as Madonna release a GH remix album thou? And you can say it's not a GH hits album but it really is.
      It could be classified just as a compilation album, like in the same vein as YCD, TIC, STR and Remixed and Revisited, GHV2... they could all fall under that

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

        Well it debuted at #2 so it didn’t bloody work

        They even held a competition where 150 people could win a chance to attend one of Madonna’s sound checks. I won but it was cancelled (I was given a copy of the VIP tour book instead).
        remember they had the genius idea to release it on Father's day week... and against Springsteen's new album. I thought it was gonna place even lower tbh

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sidewalktalk View Post

          When was the last time an artist as big as Madonna release a GH remix album thou? And you can say it's not a GH hits album but it really is.
          You're right! In Amazon the 3 CD version says only "50 Number Ones" and doesn't say that is a remix album anywhere
          Also the price is amazing 17,99 for 3 CDs... no wonder pre-orders are so high. Most new CDs cost 11,99 with 1 disc. Madonna single disc version on CD is priced at 10,99 so also a little lower than usual price. It's normal to have a slighlty lower price as they only remastered songs and are all old tracks and song.

          I Notice Ed Sheeran CD is already discounted at 7.99 now - no wonder it's still TOP 10 in UK.

          On Amazon UK Best Sellers she still have right now:

          #03 - "Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones" - 3 CDs
          #04 - "Finally Enough Love" - 2 Vinyl (silver version amazon exclusive)
          #43 - "Finally Enough Love" - 1 CD
          #93 - "Finally Enough Love" - 2 Vinyl (black regular version)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
            About Madonna new collection...
            I believe that they will anounce the cassette formats and probably another special limited edition release (on CD or Vinyl or both) closer to the week of release as fans that already paid for their orders in May will already have more money to spend in June, July and August.
            I think a cassette is definitely incoming. They might have a few other products too but pre-orders can be cancelled before being shipped so they need to tread carefully.

            I did wonder if a 4LP version might be released with yet another cover, maybe with 30 songs and possibly including Causing a Commotion and Angel. But that could damage/cancel sales of the abridged edition as for chart purposes, it would need to include the full abridged version (within the 30 tracks) to count as a deuce edition.

            But I feel like there’s a middle product missing, and something around the 100/$100 price point. If the 6LP edition truly is limited and no more stock incoming, then I guess a new 4LP edition makes sense.
            Straight white men rule everything around me

            Comment


            • Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

              It could be classified just as a compilation album, like in the same vein as YCD, TIC, STR and Remixed and Revisited, GHV2... they could all fall under that
              "Remix and Revised" was considered an EP. It had less than 30 minutes total running time and only 7 tracks (in 2004 this was considered an EP in almost every world country). Sure YCD only had 7 tracks (10 on CD version and 11 on Cassette) but it was in 1987 where rules were different and also had a longer running time of almost 49 minutes on shorter version (almost 69 minutes on CD and 74 minutes on cassette).

              https://www.discogs.com/release/2101...ixed-Revisited

              "Remix and Revisited" even debuted on Budget Albums/EPs Chart in UK and not regular charts and in some single charts in some countries.

              Not sure why now everybody calls it an album when it's release was note even very promoted at the time and was never called an album. Maybe is Warner trying to get another "album" to Madonna catalog as EPs are much harder to promote and sell.

              Comment


              • Release weeks (USA):

                Looks like she's up against Luke Combs (most likely to be #1 that week) and Jack Johnson on June 24th with FEL

                I didn't find who else is releasing an album on August 19th (when FEL:50 #1s comes out) , do you guys know?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

                  "Remix and Revised" was considered an EP. It had less than 30 minutes total running time and only 7 tracks (in 2004 this was considered an EP in almost every world country). Sure YCD only had 7 tracks (10 on CD version and 11 on Cassette) but it was in 1987 where rules were different and also had a longer running time of almost 49 minutes on shorter version (almost 69 minutes on CD and 74 minutes on cassette).

                  https://www.discogs.com/release/2101...ixed-Revisited

                  "Remix and Revisited" even debuted on Budget Albums/EPs Chart in UK and not regular charts and in some single charts in some countries.

                  Not sure why now everybody calls it an album when it's release was note even very promoted at the time and was never called an album. Maybe is Warner trying to get another "album" to Madonna catalog as EPs are much harder to promote and sell.
                  It is an EP and was advertised as her first I think when it was released. How it charted depended on local rules and if we’re being honest, EPs were a novelty back in the early 2000s - they weren’t really a thing.

                  R&R was just a Warner cash-in and ‘apology’ from Madonna for the box set being cancelled. It’s still odd they gave us Your Honesty instead of an American Life leftover, but I’m not complaining (I guess it was a way of apologising after teasing a rarities in the box set).
                  Straight white men rule everything around me

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                    I think a cassette is definitely incoming. They might have a few other products too but pre-orders can be cancelled before being shipped so they need to tread carefully.

                    I did wonder if a 4LP version might be released with yet another cover, maybe with 30 songs and possibly including Causing a Commotion and Angel. But that could damage/cancel sales of the abridged edition as for chart purposes, it would need to include the full abridged version (within the 30 tracks) to count as a deuce edition.

                    But I feel like there’s a middle product missing, and something around the 100/$100 price point. If the 6LP edition truly is limited and no more stock incoming, then I guess a new 4LP edition makes sense.

                    Some artists have surprise different versions on 2nd week or a couple of days before first week ends. That way pre-sales aren't canceled and if they are quick to ship help the album to get higher on week one (if it needs the sales) or ship a couple days later so that on 2nd week doesn't free falls.

                    They may do that for the vinyl. It makes sence a 4 vinyl release around 80 / $100.

                    As CDs I still believe that there will be a special limited edition different box having the 3 CD pack as the regular version is cheaper than "Madame X" deluxe CD was when released (and it makes no sense). If it will have just a bigger book and different package, a different print on the CDs or an additional 4th CD with some missing tracks we can onlty wait to see (I doubt that the missing tracks will be available now - maybe on another limited edition for Christmas?).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                      R&R was just a Warner cash-in and ‘apology’ from Madonna for the box set being cancelled. It’s still odd they gave us Your Honesty instead of an American Life leftover, but I’m not complaining (I guess it was a way of apologising after teasing a rarities in the box set).
                      I think in France also sold it with the "American Life" album on a box set combo. Not the same I know.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                        It is an EP and was advertised as her first I think when it was released. How it charted depended on local rules and if we’re being honest, EPs were a novelty back in the early 2000s - they weren’t really a thing.
                        In Portugal was #01 on Single Charts and in Italy was #02 also on Single Charts. On most countries charted on albums chart.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

                          I think in France also sold it with the "American Life" album on a box set combo. Not the same I know.
                          They should have done this everywhere. I know Deluxe editions as they are now didnt really exist back then but rereleasing AL in late 2003 around Christmas would have been a good marketing move.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Angeman View Post

                            They should have done this everywhere. I know Deluxe editions as they are now didnt really exist back then but rereleasing AL in late 2003 around Christmas would have been a good marketing move.
                            Re-issues were more popular than deluxe editions. Music was re-issued on the UK as a ‘tour edition’ (possibly elsewhere too) with remixes and LQSLM. An American Life re-issue with the original American Life video and VMA performance included would have been a lot of fun.
                            Straight white men rule everything around me

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Angeman View Post

                              They should have done this everywhere. I know Deluxe editions as they are now didnt really exist back then but rereleasing AL in late 2003 around Christmas would have been a good marketing move.
                              That's true. It would have certainly have helped the "American Life" album to sell a bit better but there weren't great "gems" on the EP.

                              Lady Gaga did that with her first Album and EP. Both released in a combo but she had new songs that were Hits on the EP.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                                Re-issues were more popular than deluxe editions. Music was re-issued on the UK as a ‘tour edition’ (possibly elsewhere too) with remixes and LQSLM. An American Life re-issue with the original American Life video and VMA performance included would have been a lot of fun.
                                I bet many of us have that "Music" re-issued and we would also get the "American Life" one. Even if only released when she did the "Re-invention Tour" would have worked. Not sure why they didn't but probably because music industry was re-shapping with Napster hurting sales and iTunes just presented as a new music business model. I bet many projects were put on hold as record companies were not investing much then.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                  Release weeks (USA):

                                  Looks like she's up against Luke Combs (most likely to be #1 that week) and Jack Johnson on June 24th with FEL

                                  I didn't find who else is releasing an album on August 19th (when FEL:50 #1s comes out) , do you guys know?
                                  i don't know why you bothered looking up who's releasing in june 24th she is not charting that week at all...

                                  Comment


                                  • In Germany the vinyl version is "temporarily sold out" on amazon (Still at #99 on charts right now)!

                                    I just noticed that on France "Amazon.fr" still have all Madonna new album versions unavailable.

                                    In France on Fnac Chart TOP 30 (Fnac online sells more than Amazon in France):

                                    #03 - Finally Enough Love (vinyl transparent exclusive)
                                    #04 - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (3 CDs)
                                    #06 - Finally Enough Love (CD)
                                    #07 - Finally Enough Love (regular vinyl)
                                    #10 - Rebel Heart Tour (vinyl violet limited edition)


                                    How is that "Rebel Heart Tour" selling now? Probably some fans that looked for the new album found it and decided to buy it as still didn't have it on pre-orders

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                      Release weeks (USA):

                                      I didn't find who else is releasing an album on August 19th (when FEL:50 #1s comes out) , do you guys know?
                                      Most new releases for that date were still not turn public. I believe that some artists/labels may even move the week because of Madonna release date. The only one I found were:

                                      Hot Chip "Freakout/Release"
                                      The Chats "Get ****ed"
                                      Laurren Hibbert "GarageBand Superstar"
                                      Walter Trout "Ride"
                                      Ancient Burials "Shepherd of the Death"
                                      Sophia Blenda "Die Neue Heiterkeit"

                                      So far nothing big is schedule for that date (Madonna have the 2 releases listed)

                                      https://www.albumoftheyear.org/upcoming/9/

                                      The previous week, August 12th still doesn't have any release scheduled as far as I could find any release (despite 12 small releases on August 05)

                                      The following week on August 26 also 6 albums already scheduled including Muse "Will of The People".

                                      Couldn't find anything else on other websites yet but I'm sure some others will be announced for those 3 weeks (including a couple known names for sure but they will most probably avoid go against Madonna for obvious reasons).

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                        Release weeks (USA):

                                        Looks like she's up against Luke Combs (most likely to be #1 that week) and Jack Johnson on June 24th with FEL

                                        I didn't find who else is releasing an album on August 19th (when FEL:50 #1s comes out) , do you guys know?
                                        The album is just streaming that week in June. It won't debut.

                                        The 1cd version comes out the same week as the 3d version on August 19th. All the different versions will be combined for the charts.

                                        Comment


                                        • I’m not delusional, I’ll be happy with a Top 10 spot, then a Top 5 would be marvelous in any market.

                                          If she does little promo (not performances but interviews or a special) it could help wonders but who knows, it’s up to Warner.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by NoirPhoenix View Post
                                            I’m not delusional, I’ll be happy with a Top 10 spot, then a Top 5 would be marvelous in any market.

                                            If she does little promo (not performances but interviews or a special) it could help wonders but who knows, it’s up to Warner.
                                            I’d like to see some print interviews. A real deep dive into her music, not the fluff about what she ate for dinner. She rarely gets to talk about her music (especially retrospectively) it feels like the right time for it.

                                            I’m also expecting top ten and anything higher than #10 is a bonus at this point. This is a cash grab for Warner and Madonna, albeit a nice one for the fans.
                                            Straight white men rule everything around me

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
                                              In Germany the vinyl version is "temporarily sold out" on amazon (Still at #99 on charts right now)!

                                              I just noticed that on France "Amazon.fr" still have all Madonna new album versions unavailable.

                                              In France on Fnac Chart TOP 30 (Fnac online sells more than Amazon in France):

                                              #03 - Finally Enough Love (vinyl transparent exclusive)
                                              #04 - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (3 CDs)
                                              #06 - Finally Enough Love (CD)
                                              #07 - Finally Enough Love (regular vinyl)
                                              #10 - Rebel Heart Tour (vinyl violet limited edition)


                                              How is that "Rebel Heart Tour" selling now? Probably some fans that looked for the new album found it and decided to buy it as still didn't have it on pre-orders
                                              It's a new colour vinyl of the Rebel Heart tour so all the fans/collectors are pre ordering at the moment...

                                              Comment


                                              • Into The Groove (You Can Dance Remix Edit) - 2022 Remaster 114,584 Streams
                                                Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                                                  Into The Groove (You Can Dance Remix Edit) - 2022 Remaster 114,584 Streams
                                                  Good going stranger Madonna.
                                                  Straight white men rule everything around me

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I wonder what her first week streams will look like for the fifty track version - do we think 5M is doable?
                                                    Straight white men rule everything around me

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X