Madonna :: The "Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shego View Post
    with the pre-sales positions being kinda decent after a week, i think it's safe to say she will get probably a top 5 in UK and a top 20 in US? right?
    I think that in June when the 1 version album is available for streams the pre-sales will also increase again.
    Hopefully they will release a new song for stream in 3 weeks before 24 June that will again help pre-sales.

I think that's probably one of the reason why they are doing it this way (to increase pre-sales even more).

In early July we can have a better analisys of how pre-sales are going.

Usually pre-sales also get a higher again on the week before the release.

Comment

• Forgot Amazon France:

#09 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (Deluxe 3CD)

#55 Finally Enough Love (Regular black Vinyl)

NOT AVAILABLE NOW! Finally Enough Love (Vinyl Silver 2 LP)

Not Available Finally Enough Love (1CD)

For a few days it was only avalable on Fnac France but it is already available also on Amazon France.

I believe that probably the success of Frozen remix in France is helping the collection there... not sure...

Comment

• Into The Groove (You Can Dance Remix Edit) - 2022 Remaster 155,696 Streams
        Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Into The Groove (You Can Dance Remix Edit) - 2022 Remaster 176,747 Streams

Comment

• they really let it flop....
            Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
            Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• France Amazon Best-Seller (CDs & Vinyl)

#2 Finally Enough Love (Transparent Vinyl)

#19 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (3CD)

France (Fnac) Best-Seller (CDs & Vinyl)

#13 Finally Enough Love (Transparent Vinyl)

#22 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (3CD)

Comment

• Dance/Electronic Digital Song Sales

https://www.billboard.com/charts/dan...al-song-sales/

14 (NEW) 01 Into The Groove

Comment

• Originally posted by Shego View Post
                  they really let it flop....
                  Not sure they want to give it an extra push so many months in advance...

Since it's a 1987 remix from a 1985 song that was just remastered in 2022 I'm not really sure they can do much and how that effort will actually work out.
                  I think it's better for them to put effort on it when the album is out (or almost out) instead so many weeks in advance. I believe they only release it so early to make some noise for the pre-orders, that's all.

Comment

• I would love to understand some people's thoughts on what could be this fantastic plan that will make spotify's users eagerly interested in a bunch of old remixes by a legacy artist.

Comment

• It won’t chart on most countries in June when release on streaming only if they count only streams of remixed tracks

Comment

• Originally posted by britneyliam View Post
                        It won’t chart on most countries in June when release on streaming only if they count only streams of remixed tracks
                        And what streams are they supposed to count besides of the ones from the versions that are on the album?

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                          I would love to understand some people's thoughts on what could be this fantastic plan that will make spotify's users eagerly interested in a bunch of old remixes by a legacy artist.
                          Not sure this project is for "most" streaming users. Certainly it will only get to "most users" if they are playlisted. Most of the remixes still sound pretty good today decades after they were made and especially being re-mastered as 2022 they will certainly sound fresh.

Most Madonna "casual" fans from the past 40 years will much probably listen to a few tracks on this collection (they only need to listen to 10 tracks to count as 1 full album listening). These versions are the ones that got played on Clubs and dance radio stations so I'm sure many people will remember them from when they were released.

Madonna have a huge dance music following and this recording project will appeal to dance music fans. Sure it's a niche market but since we are talking about 50 tracks if any of those niche fans gives it 1 full listening this means Madonna gets 5 album listenings as each album are 10 tracks. This a 100% party album and a piece of dance music history from the past 40 years.

The CD sales will happen to her casual fans from the past 40 years if it get exposure and it's advertised based on the "50 Number Ones". The price is very appealing for a 3 CD package so that will help her older casual fans to get it - it barely says remixes anywhere on Amazon or Fnac websites (on the 3 CD version doesn't say it anywhere really).

The streaming will need playlist help to get somewhere but it certainly can get there if Warner does their work properly: playlists for each decade dance hits, playlist for party and dance playlists, playlists for new releases. They can promote some tracks first and a few others after a few weeks. Of course that promote one of the songs somewhere else would probably help but we all know there are other projects going on (including these "Frozen" remixes that we still don't know where they belong to).

To engage a newer audience? Maybe a Spotify advertisment playing a few 00's or 10's remixes by more acclaimed DJs and rely on their names too.
                          Not sure if a few seconds of "Frozen" and "Material Girl" shouldn't be there too since they were recent streaming "hits" for Madonna.

I'm sure Warner already have enough data to decide what to do by now based on all that have happened during this past months.

Comment

• MadNuno I appreciate your long response but
                            1) some fans are apparently confusing a remix album with a greatest hits album.
                            2) Warner is a commercial company and they won't put their money on playlisting an extremely limited (audience wise) album.
                            3) this is a project designed for fans and whatever relevant sales it gets will come from physical products ,not streaming. Streaming numbers **will** be low, like low as in really low . Ppl seem to set their expectations high only for later on complain that sth flopped. You can take the reaction to ITG's numers as an example. Ppl are already disappointed lol. Disappointed at what,idk,but they are.
                            To sum things up,fans should see this as it is: a nice gift to them. And take whatever it gets commercially as it also is: a bonus.
                            Nothing more,nothing less.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                              Ppl are already disappointed lol. Disappointed at what,idk,but they are.
                              To sum things up,fans should see this as it is: a nice gift to them.
                              I get you! I don't know why are people disapointed at as any number higher than zero streams is good for a project like this

Madonna is not a new streaming era artist... and even Dua Lipa remix album had disapointing streaming numbers for her streaming standards.

As for Warner be marketing this more as a GH album or a Remix compilation I'm not sure... didn't talk to anyone there meanwhile to know for sure. But as I said at least on the physical release they are trying to make those "50 number ones" much more important than the "remix compilation" on online shops. On Shops the release will certainly also have some display posters that much more probably will again say "50 number ones" or 2022 remasters in a much bigger lettering than any remix reference to it so they can get more casual buyers.

I still think this project makes a great Party Mix compilation for streams and during the summer it makes total sense to playlist some of the songs (probably even songs that are closer to get a new single certification in US and UK or something as streams will count for the album but also for those songs singles too).

Comment

• I think we should expect a 15k - 25k pure album sales debut. That would be enough for a Top 20 debut.

Of course I am hoping for 30k+ SPS. That would be enough for a Top 10 debut.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                  I think we should expect a 15k - 25k pure album sales debut. That would be enough for a Top 20 debut.

Of course I am hoping for 30k+ SPS. That would be enough for a Top 10 debut.
                                  30k SPS with 15k - 25k pure sales? Does it mean that you expect 5k to 15k units from streaming? Madame X, a whole new studio album with promo and music videos, got 5k units from streaming… In my opinion there's strictly no way Finally Enough Love gets the same amount, let alone 3 times more… I hope you're right though

Comment

• ^"Hoping" = 25k pure and 5k SPS for 30k SPS and a Top 10 debut.

Reality is very different. lol

Comment

• Call me a dreamer but I think this project will attract bigger pure sales on first week. I'm expecting over 50k pure sales on first week in US (especially as they are promoting the project as "50 number ones" and not a remix album on Amazon). But I guess it will all depend on how much effort Warner will put on promotion closer to the release date.

Not only had pre-sales starting many months in advance with multiple releases as it will certainly get those pre-sales increased in June when the project debuts partially on streaming.

5K on streams seems a good number as "Madame X" had 15 tracks and this project have 50 tracks - so despite not being a full new album will end up having similar total streams on first week (meaning less than 35% of streams per track).

Comment

• ^50k pure first week sales in the US is not happening….
                                        Madame X WITH bundles managed 90k pure.

But hey, dream on! Ain’t hurting nobody

Comment

• Let's keep predictions set nearing the release, perhaps they have a plan who knows right now all shots are in the dark. A promoted era can definitely push things, let's see though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                            ^50k pure first week sales in the US is not happening….
                                            Madame X WITH bundles managed 90k pure.

But hey, dream on! Ain’t hurting nobody
                                            Yes it did 90k with bundles and around 60k without bundles since bundles weren't much for a Theather tour where most venues were 2K capacity.

50k is still less than what "Madame X" did without bundles but having almost 3 months pre-sales and being market as "50 NUMBER ONES" album it can realistic happen... still I'm aware it's a high number to achieve on current music sales climate.

This album will be released on the week Madonna completes 64yo and so I'm sure the media will talk a lot about it as well.

If only Warner updated some of her remix videos to HD / 4K on the week of release of the album that would be cool.

Comment

• They are going to recertify her albums the week of her birthday and the album release. I've already convinced myself that and will be 100% disappointed if it does not happen

Comment

• ^Or on the 40th anniversary release date of Everybody which is Oct. 6th.

Comment

• Portuguese Fnac finally have Madonna CDs and vinyls for pre-sale!

They have an exclusive Fnac RED Vinyl:

https://www.fnac.pt/Madonna-Finally-...omnsearchpos=3

Comment

• As the album was announced already a couple of weeks ago let's see how are the pre-sales now.
                                                    As expected down in most countries but still going surprisingly high in Spain (and still doing good in France too).

UK Amazon Best-Selling (CDs & Vinyl)

#47 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (Deluxe 3CD)

#119 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl Silver 2 LP)

#1.562 Finally Enough Love (1CD)

#7.508 Finally Enough Love (Regular Vinyl)

USA Amazon Best-Selling (CDs & Vinyl)

#126 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl Silver 2 LP)

#138 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (Deluxe 3CD)

#6.563 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl Regular Black 2 LP)

#8.155 Finally Enough Love (1CD)​​​​​​​

Spain Amazon Best-Selling (CDs & Vinyl)

#08 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (Deluxe 3CD)

#17 Finally Enough Love (Silver Vinyl)

#79 Finally Enough Love (Regular Vinyl)

#547 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (1CD)

Spain FNAC Pre-Sales Best Selling (CDs & Vinyl) - Pre-sales albums are not on the general best sellers list but seperatly

#08 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (Deluxe 3CD)

#12 Finally Enough Love (Regular Vinyl)

#14 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (1CD)

German Amazon Best-Selling (CDs & Vinyl)

#251 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (Deluxe 3CD)

#1237 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl)

#10.462 Finally Enough Love (1CD)

NOT AVAILABLE NOW! Finally Enough Love (Vinyl Silver 2 LP) - sold out

Italy Amazon Best-Selling (CDs & Vinyl)

#114 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (Deluxe 3CD)

#219 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl)

#2.223 Finally Enough Love (1CD)

NOT AVAILABLE NOW! Finally Enough Love (Vinyl Silver 2 LP) - sold out

France (Fnac.com) Best-Selling (CDs & Vinyl) - TOP 100

#12 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl Transparent 2 LP)

#21 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (Deluxe 3CD)

France (Amazon.fr) Best-Selling (CDs & Vinyl)

#27 Finally Enough Love (Silver Vinyl 2 LP)

#120 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (Deluxe 3CD)

#4.788 Finally Enough Love (1CD)

#6.031 Finally Enough Love (Regular Black 2-LPVinyl)

Based on the pre-sales after all these days we can see that US, Germany and Italy may need Warner to put an extra effort on retail stores on the week of release if they want this album to have a higher chart peak for Madonna. UK is not doing great but higher than I would expected after 2 weeks on pre-sales.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X