Taylor Swift :: The "Midnights" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post

the song is not promoted to radio, "Question...?" also had an instrumental is it a single too under this logic?
    She sent a load of tracks to radio. I've lost count at this stage.
    " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
    Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• To my knowledge, 'Lavender Haze', 'Bejeweled', 'Karma', 'Mastermind', and 'You're on Your Own, Kid' began receiving plays when Midnights was released as radios impulsively decided to play the album tracks. Other songs other than those listed were also played, but they received less spins. 'Anti-Hero' has been officially sent out as the lead single across multiple formats, and 'Snow on the Beach' was sent to Triple A. The remaining songs weren't sent out by Republic Records, but radio stations added some of them to their playlists anyway.

Comment

• Do we think Anti-Hero could become her biggest hit since 1989 era?

Look What You Made Me Do, Cardigan, Willow and All Too Well all reached #1 but I don’t remember them having particularly great longevity.
        "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

• Well, Look spent 6(?) weeks at #1

Comment

• Week 3 USA:

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=...20:-THEIR-GAIN

Comment

• She'll probably be back at #1 in week 4 anyway
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• 265,000 is a very strong hold. Fair play to Drake & 21 Savage; I'm surprised that they've trended upwards as the week has progressed.

Comment

• In its third week!
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie View Post
                    265,000 is a very strong hold. Fair play to Drake & 21 Savage; I'm surprised that they've trended upwards as the week has progressed.
                    This is huge! Only ~20% decrease and still projected to sell 80k pure...This is going to be the first album to sell 2mln copies since The Greatest Showman (?) and could be the best selling album since 25(?).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemo View Post
                      Do we think Anti-Hero could become her biggest hit since 1989 era?

Look What You Made Me Do, Cardigan, Willow and All Too Well all reached #1 but I don’t remember them having particularly great longevity.
                      Do you mean chart wise? Because I think all of them are showing particularly powerful longterm longevity in consumption. I mean, Cardigan alone is nearing 800k daily streams on Spotify despite charting for only 15 weeks and LWYMD has around 1 billion on demand streams in the US alone (Almost 8x platinum eligible)

Hate to be that guy but All Too Well is also from 2012 and peaked at #1 nine years later. If that isn't longevity I don't know what is

Comment

• Originally posted by arab View Post
                        Well, Look spent 6(?) weeks at #1
                        Look spent 3 weeks at #1. 20 weeks overall

Comment

Well, Look spent 6(?) weeks at #1
                          3 not 6

Comment

• Thanks, I always thought it's spent 6 consecutive weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post
                              Midnights Spotify Streams:

2022/11/07: 1,442,228,827 +50,126,031 (+9.91%)

Total Streams per Track:

1 . Anti-Hero - 174,356,093

2 . Lavender Haze - 111,323,815
                              3 . Midnight Rain - 103,660,478
                              4 . Snow on The Beach - 101,941,997

5 . Maroon - 96,597,339
                              6 . You're on Your Own, Kid - 92,275,555
                              7 . Karma - 87,199,690
                              8 . Vigilante Shit - 82,716,136
                              9 . Bejeweled - 82,533,260
                              10 . Question...? - 79,223,688

11 . Mastermind - 65,818,521
                              12 . Labyrinth - 65,128,287
                              13 . Sweet Nothing - 62,074,571

14 . Would've, Could've, Should've - 42,043,593
                              15 . The Great War - 38,098,315
                              16 . Bigger Than The Whole Sky - 37,072,931
                              17 . Paris - 33,873,184
                              18 . High Indidelity - 31,206,916
                              19 . Glitch - 28,285,201
                              20 . Dear Reader - 26,799,257
                              so, by the end of November the first 10-12 songs off the album are going to reach 100M level, and by the mid December all 13 songs from the standard edition will reach 100M mark.

Comment

Thanks, I always thought it's spent 6 consecutive weeks...
                                Maybe you mixed it with another song. Maybe the other lead single with the long title of hers...

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Maybe you mixed it with another song. Maybe the other lead single with the long title of hers...
                                  No lead single of Taylor's has spent 6 weeks at number one, Blank Space is her only song to have done so (7 weeks at number one).

Comment

• OK, thanks for letting us now!

Comment

• Germany Mid-Week

05 (02) Midnights

*Above 04 news enters.

08 (08) Anti-Hero
                                      Last edited by jjavier1978; Wed November 9, 2022, 18:25.
                                      Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• UK Mids
                                        Singles
                                        1 Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (34,049)
                                        2 Sam Smith & Kim Petras - Unholy (28,985)
                                        3 Drake & 21 Savage - Rich Flex (26,793) *

Albums
                                        1 Drake & 21 Savage - Her Loss (23,628) [23,208 streaming] *
                                        2 Taylor Swift - Midnights (20,696) [723 downloads, 4,657 physicals, 15,316 streaming]

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                                          Germany Mid-Week

05 (02) Midnights

*Above 04 news enters.

08 (08) Anti-Hero
                                          +
                                          67 (new) Lavender Haze
                                          76 (new) Snow On The Beach
                                          84 (new) Midnight Rain
                                          85 (new) Maroon

In Germany, album tracks are banned from the singles chart for the first 2 weeks after the album release, that's why these are new entries.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Nah, I just messed things up.​ Later, I thought about We Are Never Ever, but it spent 4 weeks at the summit back in 2012

Comment

• Oricon Weekly Comprehensive Album ranking(Japan): Week of 10/31/2022-11/6/2022

8(7)3 Midnights(8,125/23,582 pts.)

Oricon Weekly Physical Album ranking(Japan): Week of 10/31/2022-11/6/2022

17(7)2 Midnights(3,298/11,490)

Oricon Weekly Digital Album ranking(Japan): Week of 10/31/2022-11/6/2022

2(6)3 Midnights(955/2,345)

Billboard Japan: Week of 11/9

Hot 100: 38(34)2 Anti-Hero
                                              Hot Albums: 10(8)3 Midnights
                                              Hot Overseas Songs: 1(1)3 Anti-Hero
                                              Top Album Sales: 16(6)2 Midnights(2,685/9,680)

She's holding up pretty well in Japan so far.

Comment

• "Anti-Hero" returns to #1 on the global Spotify chart with 7.213 million streams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charter2000 View Post

+
                                                  67 (new) Lavender Haze
                                                  76 (new) Snow On The Beach
                                                  84 (new) Midnight Rain
                                                  85 (new) Maroon

In Germany, album tracks are banned from the singles chart for the first 2 weeks after the album release, that's why these are new entries.
                                                  the fact that 4 tracks are charting on the third week is beyond amazing for her in Germany

Comment

Working...
                                                  X