Anaheim, Calif.
      July 30, 2017
      $1,061,089
      11,566 / 14,287 (81%)
      1 / 0
      $500, $399.95, $165, $39.95
      Live Nation

Comment

• ^ Not a sell out but good numbers nonetheless - they performed to 25 fewer fans but grossed almost $110k more which is indicative of a higher average ticket price this time around of $91.73.

Comment

• chart data? @chartdata 43m43 minutes ago
          Mariah Carey and Ne-Yo's "Angels Cry" has now surpassed 100 million views on YouTube

Comment

• So what do we know about her touring since 2014?

2014 :: The Elusive Show - only the Australian Dates were reported. It must have grossed $20 million. (20 shows) The shows in SE Asia must have grossed at least the same as the Sydney one which made $1m from 7,500 people since I refuse to believe that she had less than that number in those 5 STADIUMS in mainland China, or in Manila, Tokyo etc.

2016 :: The Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour made $15,4 million from 31 dates. I've estimated the EU dates (22) to account for $10,6 million of that total.

2017 :: All The Hits Tour made $2 million out of 2 dates reported. I assume it could be her biggest Tour out of the three, reaching $25 million from 22 dates.

That'll amount to roughly $60,5 million in 3 years.

Additionally, her Vegas residency made approx $26 million from 44 shows. Plus, her Beacon residency made $6 million out of 23 shows.

She has never toured this extensively before in her career. With the Christmas shows in December, she could reach $100 million in revenue since 2014.
            My Chart

Comment

• A few thoughts on the "One Sweet Day" vs. "Despacito" battle that were going through my mind;

In my opinion, one must put these achievements in their respective context: Mariah in fact achieved this amazing feat with a single in its original sense as a tool to promote a bigger, more valuable product, namingly the album "Daydream": So while One Sweet Day was killing the single charts, it also helped to stabilize Daydream's mid-run and helped it eventually become a diamond- selling record. But of course that means that some of its "power" way in this way §subtracted§ to the album and its respective performance.

What i mean is that "Despacito" as a stand-alone single has it in a way easier to condense all the public attention in the way that customers are forced to download or stream the song = single instead of having the choice to buy an accompanying album, whereas in 1995-1996, a good bunch of people had already or were engaged to buy "Daydream" instead of purchasing a maxi single. So all in all, One Sweet Days monumental chart run is imo even more impressive if you consider that is was doing its thing WHILE the parent album was selling like hot-cakes, too.

Another point is that at a certain point, Sony will have stopped producing more physical singles in February/March 1996 and wanted the single to start fading away (thus the discount of the remaining physical singles), which led to an artifically accelerated downfall of the single in the end. All these "obstacles" of the physical era aren't there anymore in 2017, where the whole streaming-component is giving songs like Despacito more consistency by covering the actual listening habits of the public way more precisely than the charts could in the 90s.

So in the end, i find the 16 weeks of OSD quite a bit more impressive than what Despacito has pulled off this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luminator
                So in the end, i find the 16 weeks of OSD quite a bit more impressive than what Despacito has pulled off this year.
                to be honest in my opinion (stressing on opinion), because Mariah and BoyzIIMen were established or very sucessful acts.
                Luis Fonsi is a relatively unknown act in the USA and Daddy Yankie is not even half as sucessful as the other acts.
                Justin Bieber is a different story though, but he's the featured artist.

But who knows? Both very impressive chart feats any way you see it.

Comment

• if we are very accurate, the both songs cannot even be compared by their chartruns because OSD actually debuted at #1 and then stayed there for 16 weeks which in itself sounds absolutely unbelievable bc no song ever has even remotely achieved this.

In relation to this, I want to point out that between 1995 and 1998 Mariah had 5 consecutive Top 2 debuts on the H100

1995 - #1 - Fantasy
                  1995 - #1 - One Sweet Day
                  1996 - #2 - Always be my Baby
                  1997 - #1 - Honey
                  1998 - #2 - My All

I mean this is kind of surreal. The fact that I lived consciously during that time and experienced the era from start to finish (in Europe) is also quite surreal, as it reveals my old and advanced age.
                  My Chart

Comment

• French Montana ft. Mariah Carey & Swae Lee - Unforgettable

iTunes:
                    #6 Malaysia
                    #17 Vietnam
                    #39 United Arab Emirates
                    #61 Thailand
                    #109 Thailand
                    #150 New Zealand
                    #151 New Zealand
                    #162 Australia
                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                      French Montana ft. Mariah Carey & Swae Lee - Unforgettable

iTunes:
                      #6 Malaysia
                      #17 Vietnam
                      #39 United Arab Emirates
                      #61 Thailand
                      #109 Thailand
                      #150 New Zealand
                      #151 New Zealand
                      #162 Australia
                      Thanks a lot Stevie!!
                      Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Unforgettable

iTunes:
                        #2 Nicaragua
                        #3 Malaysia
                        #3 Philippines
                        #4 Argentina
                        #4 Philippines
                        #4 Vietnam
                        #6 Argentina
                        #7 Hungary
                        #12 Vietnam
                        #15 Costa Rica
                        #16 Hungary
                        #24 Thailand
                        #28 Israel
                        #29 Israel
                        #29 Singapore
                        #30 Taiwan
                        #33 United Arab Emirates
                        #35 Taiwan
                        #37 Thailand
                        #39 Brazil
                        #39 Malaysia
                        #39 Romania
                        #42 Spain
                        #46 Singapore
                        #48 United Arab Emirates
                        #55 Netherlands
                        #60 Indonesia
                        #67 Spain
                        #68 Indonesia
                        #74 Australia
                        #82 United Kingdom
                        #83 Brazil
                        #85 New Zealand
                        #100 Ireland
                        #109 United States
                        #109 France
                        #110 Hong Kong
                        #114 Portugal
                        #115 Portugal
                        #121 Mexico
                        #122 Netherlands
                        #124 Australia
                        #158 New Zealand
                        #179 United Kingdom
                        #189 Ireland
                        #195 Indonesia
                        #199 Canada

Comment

• iTunes:
                          #2 Argentina
                          #2 Malaysia
                          #2 Qatar
                          #3 Philippines
                          #3 Qatar
                          #4 Brazil
                          #4 Philippines
                          #6 Vietnam
                          #10 Malaysia
                          #11 Fiji
                          #12 Brazil
                          #13 Taiwan
                          #14 Israel
                          #16 Taiwan
                          #17 Spain
                          #19 Singapore
                          #27 Netherlands
                          #27 Thailand
                          #33 Israel
                          #33 Thailand
                          #40 Portugal
                          #42 South Africa
                          #44 Denmark
                          #44 Spain
                          #48 Ireland
                          #53 United States

#54 Hong Kong
                          #57 Singapore
                          #59 Poland
                          #60 Ireland
                          #62 United Kingdom

#63 Indonesia
                          #65 Australia
                          #68 Netherlands
                          #70 Canada
                          #71 Belgium
                          #76 Norway

#77 Mexico
                          #84 France
                          #84 Indonesia
                          #95 Italy
                          #111 Belgium
                          #111 France
                          #125 United States

#129 Hong Kong
                          #136 United Kingdom
                          #136 New Zealand
                          #138 Australia
                          #150 Germany
                          #160 Italy
                          My Chart

Comment

• Well, it kinda is a pointless remix with little impact so far. If this any indication of her popularity in the US, I'm worried for her.
                            You ain't gotta break down,
                            YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueScorpion
                              Well, it kinda is a pointless remix with little impact so far. If this any indication of her popularity in the US, I'm worried for her.
                              right, i can't at all the excuses rolling on like.

1) The song is a couple months old.

2) the original is in the top 30 and was #19 before the remixes dropped.

3) it had 4 versions in the top 150 earlier today.

I mean girl, she should definately start worrying asap.

Imagine she would release a new song with remixes with a hot feature and an exciting video...
                              My Chart

Comment

• Unforgettable remix is officially on VEVO !!

Comment

• Will Billboard incorporate the sales this new remix with Mariah on the billboard charts?

Comment

• Originally posted by ButterflyD
                                    Will Billboard incorporate the sales this new remix with Mariah on the billboard charts?
                                    If I'm not wrong there some kind of rule, if the remix dominates the song's performance that week (sales, streaming, airplay) over the original then the Remix gets credited on the chart on that week (and for the weeks it outperforms the original), on the other hand, if the original song outperforms the Remix then the Original song is the one that appears on the chart.

At least thats what I know, but I'm not sure tho.
                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• final Vegas leg:

Mariah Carey
                                      The Colosseum at Caesars Palace
                                      Las Vegas, Nev.
                                      July 8-9, 11, 14-15, 18, 2017
                                      $2,426,861
                                      20,224 / 23,452 (86%)
                                      6 / 0
                                      $250, $175, $140, $55
                                      AEG Presents/Caesars Entertainment

and grand total for the Vegas show:

- 50 shows (13 sell-outs)
                                      - $23,911,616 gross
                                      - 177,586 / 201,061 (88%)
                                      - $478,232 average gross
                                      - 3,552 average spectators
                                      - $135 average ticket price

I regret not having seen it. I had tickets to the opening night, but I ended up selling them because the timing wouldn't have worked out. I'm hoping to make it out there for one of the Christmas shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy
                                        Unforgettable remix is officially on VEVO !!

Link please
                                        YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

• The overview a bit clearer:

Mariah Carey in Vegas:

Leg 1 - $4,596,125 - 8 Shows - 2015 - 30,096 / 32,597 (95%)
                                          Leg 2 - $5,300,365 - 9 Shows - 2015 - 34,499 / 35,846 (96%)
                                          Leg 3 - $4,532,760 - 9 Shows - 2016 - 31,038 / 35,349 (88%) <---------- first major drop
                                          Leg 4 - $3,069,710 - 9 Shows - 2016 - 30,319 / 38,660 (78%) <---------- whatever happened here?
                                          Leg 5 - $3,986,795 - 9 Shows - 2016 - 30,570 / 35,157 (87%)
                                          Leg 6 - $2,426,861 - 6 Shows - 2017 - 20,224 / 23,452 (86%)

Leg 1-6 - $23,912,616 - 50 Shows - 2015-2017 - 176,746 / 201,061 - (88%)
                                          I am glad she did Vegas. It was the right choice at the time. She came from a divorce and scandal in the USA. It also helped her going through the second scandal in 2016. I love how the first leg got great reviews and how the second leg became the most successful one, probably due to the positivity. Her scandals have obviusly affected her towards the end a bit, but she could come back from them with some good individual concert-scores.

In the grand scheme of concert revenue: $63,952,334

2014 - $18,700,000 - 20 Shows - The Elusive Chanteuse - Asia
                                          2014 - $6,039,718 - 23 Shows - All I Want For Christmas Is You, A Night of Joy and Festivity*
                                          2015 - $23,912,616 - 50 Shows - Mariah Carey #1 - Las Vegas
                                          2016 - $15,300,000 - 31 Shows - Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour - Europe - South Africa - Mexico - Hawaii
                                          2017 - $ to be determined - 22 Shows - All The Hits Tour - North America*
                                          * current concert series, total will be amended when available.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• So whos doing better in Vegas? Mariah or Britney? Britney has grossed more but shes done WAY more shows, since 2013 actually. I think Mariah might be doing better. Hope the Christmas shows sell out.

Comment

• Originally posted by MimisEmancipation
                                              So whos doing better in Vegas? Mariah or Britney? Britney has grossed more but shes done WAY more shows, since 2013 actually. I think Mariah might be doing better. Hope the Christmas shows sell out.
                                              Mariah
                                              3,552 average attendance
                                              $478k average gross
                                              $135 average ticket price
                                              88% sold out

Britney (so far)
                                              3,594 average attendance
                                              $533k average gross
                                              $148 average ticket price
                                              84% sold out

Pretty similar, but Britney. Attendance is basically the same, but Britney tickets are more expensive so her gross per night is higher.

Comment

• ^ Just compare the first 50 shows of each act - let's use stevyy's format...

Mariah Carey

Leg 1 - $4,596,125 - 8 Shows - 2015 - 30,096 / 32,597 (95%)
                                                Leg 2 - $5,300,365 - 9 Shows - 2015 - 34,499 / 35,846 (96%)
                                                Leg 3 - $4,532,760 - 9 Shows - 2016 - 31,038 / 35,349 (88%)
                                                Leg 4 - $3,069,710 - 9 Shows - 2016 - 30,319 / 38,660 (78%)
                                                Leg 5 - $3,986,795 - 9 Shows - 2016 - 30,570 / 35,157 (87%)
                                                Leg 6 - $2,426,861 - 6 Shows - 2017 - 20,224 / 23,452 (86%)

Legs 1-6 - $23,912,616 - 50 Shows - 2015-2017 - 176,746 / 201,061 - (88%)

Mariah perrformed to an average of 3,535 people per show across her first 50 shows, grossing an average of $478,252 per show (average ticket price of $135.29). The Colosseum can hold up to 4,298 people in a residency set up - which means Mariah sold 82% of total capacity across her first 50 shows (rising to 88% of tickets put on sale).

Britney Spears

Leg 1 - $2,470,021 - 4 shows - 2013 - 17,803 / 17,083 (100%)
                                                Leg 2 - $8,011,280 - 12 shows - 2014 - 53,798 / 53,798 (100%)
                                                Leg 3 - $7,850,813 - 12 shows - 2014 - 48,901 / 49,290 (99%)
                                                Leg 4 - $8,757,082 - 14 shows - 2014 - 59,262 / 63,753 (93%)
                                                Leg 5 - $8,327,249 - 17 shows - 2014 - 55,617 / 77,443 (72%)

Legs 1-5 - $35,416,445 - 59 shows - 2013-2014 - 235,381 / 261,367 (90%)

Britney performed in a slightly bigger venue so a like-for-like comparison is difficult to make based on numbers alone.

Britney performed to an average of 3,989 people per show across her first 59 shows, grossing an average of $600,272 per show (average ticket price of $150.48). The AXIS can hold up to 4,600 people in a residency set up - which means Britney sold 87% of total capacity across her first 59 shows (rising to 90% of tickets put on sale).

Britney did better - there's no 2 ways about it. She sold more tickets per show at a higher price across a shorter timeframe. However, Mariah's numbers aren't bad either and certainly build towards a decent overall gross figure for all of her touring across 3 years.

As nympho has kindly demonstrated though, Britney's numbers would not hold up and they would decline quite dramatically over the next 2 years.

Comment

• Thanks for the info, that was interesting to read

However by looking at the latest boxscores I feel like Mariahs show is more successful, she had 3.228 unsold tickets while Britney had a lot more, 4.942 unsold tickets. I feel like Mariahs success in Vegas is more impressive for this reason among others

Comment

• Mariah put on sale 3,908 tickets per show & sold 3,370 - that's 928 seats empty per night (based on a capacity of 4,298 seats).
                                                    Britney put on sale 4,345 tickets per show & sold 3,796 - that's 804 seats empty per night (based on a capacity of 4,600 seats).

Neither set of numbers is particularly great but Britney still sold more tickets than Mariah and did more shows across that same leg, having already performed considerably more shows - Britney is the bigger draw of the 2 in Vegas, without question.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X