No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fall In Love at Christmas" reached 5 MILLION streams on Spotify!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      "Fall In Love at Christmas" reached 5 MILLION streams on Spotify!
      the main version (long version)... altogether, it will reach 6 million on tomorrow's update. <3

It will also probably just break 200k daily tomorrow. Numbers are looking good.
      My Chart

Comment

• I've found a page about the sales and chart performance of the prominent american female music artists in South Africa. Here is Mariah's performance on the South Africa singles chart ( as of 2003 ) :

Peak Single Title Weeks On Chart

#10 Vision Of Love 18 weeks
        #4 Love Takes Time 20 weeks
        #10 Someday 9 weeks
        #26 I Don't Wanna Cry 5 weeks
        #47 There's Got To Be A Way 2 weeks
        #5 Emotions 11 weeks
        #18 Can't Let Go 6 weeks
        #73 Make It Happen 4 weeks
        #1 (1 week) I'll Be There 19 weeks
        #52 If It's Over 1 week
        #2 Dreamlover 22 weeks
        #3 Hero 19 weeks
        #2 Without You 14 weeks
        #40 Never Forget You 9 weeks
        #38 Anytime You Need A Friend 6 weeks
        #1 (1 week) Endless Love (With Luther Vandross) 24 weeks
        #83 Jesus Born On This Day 1 week
        #74 All I Want For Christmas Is You 1 week
        #64 Joy To The World 2 weeks
        #5 Fantasy 19 weeks
        #2 One Sweet Day (With Boyz II Men) 21 weeks
        #7 Open Arms 13 weeks
        #3 Always Be My Baby 24 weeks
        #37 Forever 15 weeks
        #91 Underneath The Stars 1 week
        #49 O Holy Night 3 weeks
        #8 Honey 20 weeks
        #23 Breakdown (With Bone Thugs-N-Harmony) 10 weeks
        #4 Butterfly 19 weeks
        #44 The Roof (Back In Time) 7 weeks
        #20 My All 10 weeks
        #90 Sweetheart (With JD) 1 week
        #12 When You Believe (With Whitney Houston) 11 weeks
        #2 A Natural Woman (With A. Franklin, C. King, C. Dion, G. Estefan, S. Twain) 18 weeks
        #59 I Still Believe 6 weeks
        #8 Do You Know Where You're Going To 16 weeks
        #1 (1 week) Heartbreaker (With Jay Z) 14 weeks
        #32 Thank God I Found You (With Joe & 98 Degrees) 8 weeks
        #77 Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) 11 weeks
        #34 Can't Take That Away (Mariah's Theme) 10 weeks
        #98 Crybaby (With Snoop Dogg) 1 week
        #50 Loverboy (With Cameo) 15 weeks
        #39 Never Too Far 9 weeks
        #20 Through The Rain 13 weeks
        #48 Boy 6 weeks
        #3 I Know What You Want (Featurning Busta Rhymes) 16 weeks
        Last edited by Carlito; Wed December 22, 2021, 19:45.

Comment

• Mariah needs massive re-certs in South Korea, I feel. Queen of South Korea indeed.
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            the main version (long version)... altogether, it will reach 6 million on tomorrow's update. <3

It will also probably just break 200k daily tomorrow. Numbers are looking good.
            Yes!
            5M the main version, that's pretty amazing!
            Also daily numbers are increasing, I'm sure it's gonna surpass the 200K mark by tomorrow

Comment

Mariah needs massive re-certs in South Korea, I feel. Queen of South Korea indeed.
              She needs re-certs in several places tbh!

Comment

She needs re-certs in several places tbh!
                But so does everybody. We are lucky that Sony is currently paying for some updates of her catalogue. I feel bad for Madonna fans because she is currently getting nothing from her former labels. She deserves them re-certs too.
                My Chart

Comment

• Janet Jackson is the most successful international Western diva in South Africa , with 10 #1 singles spending a total of 35 weeks atop the chart.

Whitney Houston is second with a total of 6 #1 singles spending 25 weeks at the summit of the chart.

Céline Dion has 4 number one songs in the chart , Mariah has 3 , Madonna has none.

http://www.geocities.ws/sa_divas/singles.html
                  Last edited by Carlito; Wed December 22, 2021, 20:27.

Comment

• As for album chart and sales stats in South Africa for the Western international divas, The South African Charts started in 1981.
                    The Top 100 Albums and The Top 65 Singles.

In 1988 the Singles chart was expanded into the Top 75 and in 1992 it expaned into the Top 100.

A common factor, most American artist don't release too many singles here.

En Vogue's "EV3" sold 12,783 copies to enter at #4.

Mariah Carey's "Butterfly" sold 11,313 copies to enter at #3.

Janet Jackson's "The Velvet Rope" sold 17,121 copies to enter at #1

Madonna's "Ray Of Light" sold 4,218 copies to enter at #21.

Mariah Carey's "#1's" sold 4,015 copies to enter at #24 (the album sold 4,003 copies to peak at #22).

TLC's "FanMail" sold 15,590 copies to enter at #2.

Whitney Houston's "My Love Is Your Love" sold 5,899 copies to enter at #10, (the album returned to #10 selling 6,144 copies).

Celine Dion's "Let's Talk About Love" sold 8,321 copies to enter at #7, (the album sold 19,712 copies to peak at #1).

Mariah Carey's "Rainbow" sold 5,778 copies to enter at #16.

Britney Spears' "...Baby One More Time" sold 5,044 copies to enter at #16, (the album sold 9,792 copies to peak at #10).

Christina Aguilera's "Christina Aguilera" sold 4,811 copies to enter at #20, (the album sold 13,209 copies to peak at #4.

Whitney Houston's "The Greatest Hits" sold 4,216 copies to enter at #10, (the album sold 3,987 copies the week the album peaked at #9).

Destiny's Child's "The Writing's on the Wall" sold 391 copies to enter at #76, (the album sold 9,094 copies to peak at #6).

Christina Aguilera's "Mi Reflejo" sold 602 copies to enter at #52.

Toni Braxton's "The Heat" sold 7,121 copies to enter at #13.

Celine Dion's "All the Way: A Decade of Song" sold 10,251 copies to enter at #3, (the album sold 11,328 copies to peak at #2).

Britney Spears' "Ooops!... I Did It Again" sold 11,430 copies to enter at #9.

Madonna's "Music" sold 3,512 copies to enter at #27, (the album sold 3,714 copies the week to peak at # 19).

Patti LaBelle's "When a Woman Loves" sold 989 copies to enter at #66, (the album sold 1,160 copies to peak at #35).

En Vogue's "Masterpiece Theatre" sold 6,015 copies to enter at #18.

Destiny's Child's "Survivor" sold 20,317 copies to enter at #2, (the album sold 19,933 copies to peak at #1).

Janet Jackson's "All For You" sold 44,722 copies to enter at #1.

Mariah Carey's "Glitter" sold 7,192 copies to enter at #11.

Britney Spears' "Britney" sold 7,651 copies to enter at #7.

Madonna's "GHV2: Greatest Hits Volume 2" sold 5,007 copies to enter at #11.
                    Last edited by Carlito; Wed December 22, 2021, 20:57.

Comment

• Mariah Carey is the second most certified western international diva ( after Janet Jackson) , with 1 million albums certified in South Africa as of 2003, trailing Whitney who is at 750k certified albums, then Céline with 650k , and then Madonna who had 550k .

Mariah Carey album certifications in South Africa

Peak Album Title Certifications
                      #49 Mariah Carey Gold
                      #44 Emotions Gold
                      #8 MTV Unplugged EP Two Times Platinum
                      #6 Music Box Two Times Platinum
                      #43 Merry Christmas Gold
                      #6 Daydream Two Times Platinum
                      #3 Butterfly One Time Platinum
                      #22 #1's Gold
                      #16 Rainbow One Time Platinum
                      #11 Glitter [O.S.T] n/a
                      #9 Charmbracelet n/a
                      Last edited by Carlito; Thu December 23, 2021, 21:29.

Comment

• http://www.geocities.ws/sa_divas/albums.html

Comment

• Incredible information Carlito
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito View Post
                            Mariah Carey is the second most certified western international diva ( after Janet Jackson) , with 1 million albums certified in South Africa as of 2003, trailing Whitney who is at 750k certified albums, then Céline with 600k , and then Madonna who had 450k .

Mariah Carey album certifications in South Africa

Peak Album Title Certifications
                            #49 Mariah Carey Gold
                            #44 Emotions Gold
                            #8 MTV Unplugged EP Two Times Platinum
                            #6 Music Box Two Times Platinum
                            #43 Merry Christmas Gold
                            #6 Daydream Two Times Platinum
                            #3 Butterfly One Time Platinum
                            #22 #1's Gold
                            #16 Rainbow One Time Platinum
                            #11 Glitter [O.S.T] n/a
                            #9 Charmbracelet n/a
                            Thanks for the info!!! Is there no info after 2003 though?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjames0408 View Post

I assume that the SA music industry collapsed...
                              My Chart

Comment

Incredible information Carlito
                                I'm so glad to share these discoveries with y'all !

Comment

• Originally posted by jjames0408 View Post

It's a pleasure for me ! Unfortunatelly I don't have info about post-2003 South Africa chart and sales stats

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito View Post

It's a pleasure for me ! Unfortunatelly I don't have info about post-2003 South Africa chart and sales stats
                                    Something is better than nothing!!

Comment

Incredible information Carlito
                                      Yeah, thanx for sharing Carlito

Comment

AIWFCIY will hit 1,1 billion BEFORE Christmas EVE (i think). <3
                                        Oh we're so close, 2 more days to go!
                                        She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Yeah, thanx for sharing Carlito

it's a pleasure for me !

Comment

• Look at #1s and Butterfly. Rounded numbers for the others...

https://www.billboard.com/pro/mariah...YxDNfN3LxmVQy0

Mariah Carey’s Biggest Albums & Songs: ‘All I Want for Christmas Is You’ & More
                                            CHART BEAT
                                            12/23/2021

Hi Gary,

With “All I Want for Christmas is You” and Merry Christmas both making their annual resurgences, could you please recap Mariah Carey‘s career sales, streaming and radio airplay highlights?

Thank you!

Jess Hahn
                                            Columbia, S.C.

Hi Jess,

Happy holidays!

As a last-minute (or not, depending on where you are with your shopping) gift to Lambs, here’s an update of Carey’s best-selling albums, most-streamed songs and most-heard hits on radio in the U.S., according to MRC Data (from titles’ releases through Dec. 16).

Best-Selling Albums

7.7 million, Daydream, released in 1995
                                            7.3 million, Music Box, 1993
                                            6.1 million, The Emancipation of Mimi, 2005
                                            5.8 million, Merry Christmas, 1994
                                            4.9 million, Mariah Carey, 1990
                                            3.849 million, Butterfly, 1997
                                            3.848 million, # 1’s, 1998
                                            3.6 million, Emotions, 1991
                                            3 million, Rainbow, 1999
                                            2.8 million, MTV Unplugged (EP), 1992

Most-Streamed Songs (on-demand audio & video combined)

1.3 billion, “All I Want for Christmas Is You”
                                            548 million, “We Belong Together”
                                            375 million, “Always Be My Baby”
                                            308 million, “Fantasy”
                                            301 million, “Obsessed”
                                            188 million, “One Sweet Day,” with Boyz II Men
                                            168 million, “Touch My Body”
                                            120 million, “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)”
                                            119 million, “Hero”
                                            117 million, “Shake It Off”

Most-Heard Songs on Radio (all-genre audience impressions)

7.5 billion, “We Belong Together”
                                            6.6 billion, “Always Be My Baby”
                                            5.1 billion, “Hero”
                                            4.34 billion, “All I Want for Christmas Is You”
                                            4.33 billion, “Fantasy”
                                            4.32 billion, “Dreamlover”
                                            4.2 billion, “One Sweet Day,” with Boyz II Men
                                            3.6 billion, “I’ll Be There”
                                            3.3 billion, “Shake It Off”
                                            2.6 billion, “Don’t Forget About Us”

Comment

• I would looove for Billboard to give us her album sales with everything included, streams etc

Comment

• A Holly Jolly Xmas:

December 22nd

01 - 1,089,291,658 - +6,091,603 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                                02 - 161,371,370 - +1,411,196 - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                                                03 - 39,949,488 - +745,228 - Oh Santa! (Remix)
                                                04 - 78,523,454 - +457,696 - 1994 - O Holy Night
                                                05 - 53,247,561 - +374,761 - 1994 - Silent Night
                                                06 - 60,494,669 - +326,181 - 1994 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                                                07 - 78,068,815 - +303,427 - 2011 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. JB)
                                                08 - 6,151,207 - +221,671 - 2021 - Fall In Love at Christmas
                                                09 - 26,928,457 - +120,804 - 2010 - Oh Santa
                                                10 - 18,280,966 - +89,882 - 1994 - Joy to the World
                                                --
                                                11 - 16,659,486 - +73,651 - 1994 - Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)
                                                12 - 15,269,703 - +68,067 - 1994 - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
                                                13 - 11,958,659 - +51,463 - 1994 - Jesus Born on This Day
                                                14 - 11,147,818 - +46,823 - 1994 - Jesus Oh What a Wonderful Child
                                                15 - 1,459,513 - +42,428 - 2020 - Sleigh Ride
                                                16 - 8,700,390 - +37,190 - 2011 - When Christmas Comes (ft. John Legend)
                                                17 - 5,834,226 - +19,654 - 2010 - Christmas Time Is In The Air Again
                                                18 - 5,731,167 - +16,945 - 2010 - Auld Lang Syne
                                                19 - 3,273,400 - +15,630 - 2000 - All I want for Christmas Is You (So So Def Remix)
                                                20 - 5,479,556 - +15,442 - 2017 - The Star
                                                --
                                                21 - 3,704,124 - +9,575 - 2010 - Here Comes Santa Claus
                                                22 - 3,548,937 - +9,397 - 2010 - O Come All Ye Faithful
                                                23 - 3,738,715 - +9,183 - 2010 - When Christmas Comes
                                                24 - 3,500,432 - +8,833 - 2010 - O Little Town of Bethlehem
                                                25 - 3,195,596 - +8,819 - 2010 - Charlie Brown Christmas
                                                26 - 3,270,123 - +8,627 - 2010 - The First Noel / Born Is The King
                                                27 - 589,238 - +8,393 - 2020 - Here Comes Santa Claus (Soundtrack Version)
                                                28 - 3,802,284 - +7,972 - 2010 - O Holy Night (2000 Live)
                                                29 - 2,169,793 - +7,843 - 2017 - Lil' Snowman
                                                30 - 567,459 - +7,825 - 2020 - AIWFCIY (Soundtrack Version)
                                                --
                                                31 - 1,725,015 - +7,784 - 1994 - God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen
                                                32 - 2,597,557 - +7,055 - 2010 - One Child
                                                33 - 1,244,858 - +7,039 - 2019 - Sugar Plum Fairy Interlude
                                                34 - 508,695 - +6,024 - 2020 - When Christmas Comes (Soundtrack Version)
                                                35 - 461,971 - +5,415 - 2020 - Sugar Plum Fairy (Soundtrack Version)
                                                36 - 436,629 - +5,393 - 2020 - Joy To The World (Soundtrack Version)
                                                37 - 458,643 - +5,347 - 2020 - Christmas Time Is Here (Soundtrack Version)
                                                38 - 442,122 - +5,245 - 2020 - O Holy Night (Soundtrack Version)
                                                39 - 778,737 - +4,859 - 2019 - Joy To The World (Live 1994)
                                                40 - 404,308 - +4,834 - 2020 - Christmas Time Is In The Air Again (Soundtrack Version)
                                                --
                                                41 - 369,860 - +4,477 - 2020 - Silent Night (Soundtrack Version)
                                                42 - 995,817 - +4,021 - 2019 - All I want for Christmas Is You (Live 1994)
                                                43 - 580,874 - +3,605 - 2019 - All I want for Christmas Is You (Mariah's New Dance Mix Extended)
                                                44 - 693,569 - +3,489 - 2019 - Silent Night (Live 1994)
                                                45 - 636,658 - +3,278 - 2019 - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (Live 1994)
                                                46 - 564,062 - +2,944 - 2019 - Jesus Born on This Day (Live 1994)
                                                47 - 676,276 - +2,602 - 2019 - Sugar Plum Fairy Introlude
                                                My Chart

Comment

• so, no 1,1 billion before Xmas Eve... but on tomorrow's update I smell a 7,5 million update... so pretty close. <3

The bigger question is, can OSR cross 1m on tomorrow's update?
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Albums:

01 - 1,517,980,359 - 1994 - Merry Christmas
                                                    02 - 603,130,126 - 1995 - Daydream
                                                    03 - 578,621,598 - 2005 - The Emancipation of Mimi
                                                    04 - 403,464,390 - 1993 - Music Box
                                                    05 - 261,371,052 - 2009 - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
                                                    06 - 198,778,329 - 2008 - E=MC²
                                                    07 - 190,781,341 - 1997 - Butterfly
                                                    08 - 162,731,653 - 1999 - Rainbow
                                                    09 - 150,559,813 - 2014 - Me. I am Mariah
                                                    10 - 145,976,092 - 1998 - #1's
                                                    11 - 117,387,202 - 2018 - Caution
                                                    12 - 108,498,653 - 1990 - Mariah Carey
                                                    13 - 102,682,571 - 1991 - Emotions
                                                    14 - 93,046,910 - 2010 - Merry Christmas II You
                                                    15 - 46,058,271 - 2020 - Mariah's Magical Christmas Special Soundtrack
                                                    16 - 43,466,006 - 2002 - Charmbracelet
                                                    17 - 24,137,507 - 2019 - The Rarities
                                                    18 - 8,873,580 - 2001 - Glitter
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X