Mariah Carey :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    TTR, Hero and IWTKWLI are her most dire streamers in the top 35 right now... all three have collapsed after xmas with no recovery in sight.

TTR was consistently doing 18k-20k daily, IWTKWLI was doing 22-25k daily and Hero was consistently over 100k.

U make me wanna is now destined to push into the her top 30.
    How is that even possible when those songs are so big in certain markets especially?
    I don't get it.

Hero no reaching 100K daily is just

Comment

• Originally posted by myworld View Post

Top tracks and monthly listeners are based on playlisting I think, so WBT must have terrible playlisting considering it's usually her most or 2nd most streamed track daily, yet only 7th on her 'popular' songs.. her team is so lame for playlisting her this badly
      We belong together currently has a playlist reach of 19.4 million.
      Her most playlisted song is All i want for Christmas with 28.5 million !
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

We belong together currently has a playlist reach of 19.4 million.
        Her most playlisted song is All i want for Christmas with 28.5 million !
        This is not a high reach though.. WBT is especially low considering it's one of the biggest R&B hits of the 2000's, her team or whoever controls that need to invest more because playlisting is everything these days

Comment

This is not a high reach though.. WBT is especially low considering it's one of the biggest R&B hits of the 2000's, her team or whoever controls that need to invest more because playlisting is everything these days
          I know its crap. Should be a lot higher.

Comment

• Excluding AIWFCIY, Mariah's 2 most playlisted songs are lower than all the other biggest divas from last century. Shows that their teams have it together a lot more than Mariah's do. (Céline's playlisting is bad too but is benefitting from IACBTMN going viral)

Whitney: (521m total reach)
            I Wanna Dance With Somebody - 73.3m
            How Will I Know - 68m
            Higher Love - 58m
            I Will Always Love You - 37m
            My Love Is Your Love - 20.5m

Madonna: (393m total reach)
            Material Girl - 30m
            Like A Prayer - 29.7m
            4 Minutes - 24.5m
            Hung Up - 23.5m
            Frozen - 20m

Céline: (191m total reach)
            It's All Coming Back To Me Now - 25.4m
            My Heart Will Go On - 23.3m
            The Power Of Love - 18.4m
            Because You Loved Me - 18m
            That's The Way It Is - 9.19m

Mariah: (379m total reach)
            Always Be My Baby - 25.2m
            Fantasy - 23.2m
            Hero - 20.7m
            We Belong Together - 19.4m
            When You Believe - 14.1m
            Last edited by myworld; Mon March 14, 2022, 01:10.

Comment

Excluding AIWFCIY, Mariah's 2 most playlisted songs are lower than all the other biggest divas from last century. Shows that their teams have it together a lot more than Mariah's do. (Céline's playlisting is bad too but is benefitting from IACBTMN going viral)

Whitney: (521m total reach)
              I Wanna Dance With Somebody - 73.3m
              How Will I Know - 68m
              Higher Love - 58m
              I Will Always Love You - 37m
              My Love Is Your Love - 20.5m

Madonna: (393m total reach)
              Material Girl - 30m
              Like A Prayer - 29.7m
              4 Minutes - 24.5m
              Hung Up - 23.5m
              Frozen - 20m

Céline: (191m total reach)
              It's All Coming Back To Me Now - 25.4m
              My Heart Will Go On - 23.3m
              The Power Of Love - 18.4m
              Because You Loved Me - 18m
              That's The Way It Is - 9.19m

Mariah: (379m total reach)
              Always Be My Baby - 25.2m
              Fantasy - 23.2m
              Hero - 20.7m
              We Belong Together - 19.4m
              When You Believe - 14.1m
              Those total reaches are not correct for Mariah, Whitney or Madonna . The number you need is current reach.

Comment

That's actually VERY low for a song that big, A SONG OF A DECADE and one of biggest hits by a female artist.

Comment

Excluding AIWFCIY, Mariah's 2 most playlisted songs are lower than all the other biggest divas from last century. Shows that their teams have it together a lot more than Mariah's do. (Céline's playlisting is bad too but is benefitting from IACBTMN going viral)
                  Oh, well.
                  Whitney's team is on point.
                  I guess this also reflects on their monthly listeners.
                  Madonna has 20.9, Nippy 20.1, Mariah 16.2 and Céline 12.9M.

Comment

Those total reaches are not correct for Mariah, Whitney or Madonna . The number you need is current reach.
                    Current reach is also lower than everyone except Celine so the point stands..

Comment

• WBT being Song of the decade on Billboard in the US really has nothing to do with its playlist reach. Completely unrelated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Oh, well.
                        Whitney's team is on point.
                        I guess this also reflects on their monthly listeners.
                        Madonna has 20.9, Nippy 20.1, Mariah 16.2 and Céline 12.9M.
                        Whitney's team are doing an amazing job, even Madonna and Céline's team have realized and invested in their playlisting as of recent, Céline's current reach might even surpass Mariah considering IACBTMN continues to go viral and be used in more ads so it's really disappointing to see Mariah's team set her up for failure

Comment

Current reach is also lower than everyone except Celine so the point stands..
                          Just letting you know you used the wrong numbers never said anything about your point. I'm aware her current reach is lower than Madonna and Whitney.

Comment

Just letting you know you used the wrong numbers never said anything about your point. I'm aware her current reach is lower than Madonna and Whitney.
                            The total reach was accurate though according to Songstats, though it would've been better to use the current reach which I'll leave here for anyone else interested

Whitney
                            201m current reach

Madonna
                            158m current reach

Mariah
                            129m current reach

Celine
                            80.3m current reach

Comment

The total reach was accurate though according to Songstats, though it would've been better to use the current reach which I'll leave here for anyone else interested

Whitney
                              201m current reach

Madonna
                              158m current reach

Mariah
                              129m current reach

Celine
                              80.3m current reach
                              Total reach isn't really relevant what matters is current. Celine is a long way behind Mariah currently. 50 million wow.

Comment

Total reach isn't really relevant what matters is current. Celine is a long way behind Mariah currently. 50 million wow.
                                And 121m behind Whitney which is insane

Comment

• Mariah outside Christmas doesnt have a bonafide classic like i will always love you, toxic, material girl, girls just wanna have fun, my heart will go on or hips dont lie. that is why her numbers are bad !

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyCiccone View Post
                                    Mariah outside Christmas doesnt have a bonafide classic like i will always love you, toxic, material girl, girls just wanna have fun, my heart will go on or hips dont lie. that is why her numbers are bad !
                                    Her numbers aren't bad. Her playlisting is.

Out of all the female artists who debuted last century, she is only behind Shakira, Britney & Madonna (as of very recent) in daily Spotify streams.

Fantasy, Always Be My Baby, Hero, Without You and We Belong Together are all classics.

Btw you can see WBT is ahead of Material Girl and only 8m behind MHWGO so that's not bad for a song which isn't a classic in your opinion...

I Will Always Love You - 461m
                                    My Heart Will Go On - 370m
                                    We Belong Together - 362m
                                    Material Girl (all versions) - 265m

*If you combined all versions of WBT it actually has 371m
                                    Last edited by myworld; Mon March 14, 2022, 04:49.

Comment

Whitney's team are doing an amazing job, even Madonna and Céline's team have realized and invested in their playlisting as of recent, Céline's current reach might even surpass Mariah considering IACBTMN continues to go viral and be used in more ads so it's really disappointing to see Mariah's team set her up for failure
                                      I know, especially when they can do so much.
                                      With the songs that went viral thanx to TikTok (Fantasy, Obsessed), they did nothing.
                                      They could have capitalized the exposure Fantasy had/has thanx to Free Guy, yet they let it go.

Comment

Whitney
                                        201m current reach

Madonna
                                        158m current reach

Mariah
                                        129m current reach

Celine
                                        80.3m current reach
                                        Wow, impressed by Céline's current reach, really low despite her viral moment on TT.

Comment

And 121m behind Whitney which is insane
                                          And MC 70M behind Nippy is also shocking.

But kudos to Whitney's team, they're milking it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyCiccone View Post
                                            Mariah outside Christmas doesnt have a bonafide classic like i will always love you, toxic, material girl, girls just wanna have fun, my heart will go on or hips dont lie. that is why her numbers are bad !
                                            LMAO, that's not true.

And that's your first post? Mmmm.

Comment

LMAO, that's not true.

And that's your first post? Mmmm.
                                              The trolls are so obvious but it's easy to prove them wrong tbh, Mariah's streams are down rn but she is still ahead of most her peers overall even without viral moments or good playlisting!

Comment

Her numbers aren't bad. Her playlisting is.

Out of all the female artists who debuted last century, she is only behind Shakira, Britney & Madonna (as of very recent) in daily Spotify streams.

Fantasy, Always Be My Baby, Hero, Without You and We Belong Together are all classics.

Btw you can see WBT is ahead of Material Girl and only 8m behind MHWGO so that's not bad for a song which isn't a classic in your opinion...

I Will Always Love You - 461m
                                                My Heart Will Go On - 370m
                                                We Belong Together - 362m
                                                Material Girl (all versions) - 265m

*If you combined all versions of WBT is actually has 371m
                                                Well, her numbers are bad 'cause her playlisting is bad. It's a direct consequence.

With the rest I agree with you.

Saying Mariah hasn't classics outside AIW is a big and total lie, and numbers show it. But weird that that's the user first post, right?

Comment

That's actually VERY low for a song that big, A SONG OF A DECADE and one of biggest hits by a female artist.
                                                  In North America… Spotify is worldwide, WBT was massive in the U.S but only a moderate hit outside.

Comment

The trolls are so obvious but it's easy to prove them wrong tbh, Mariah's streams are down rn but she is still ahead of most her peers overall even without viral moments or good playlisting!
                                                    I know.

Seeing right through you like you're bathing in Windex

Comment

Working...
                                                    X