Mariah Carey :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myworld View Post

Whitney's team are doing an amazing job, even Madonna and Céline's team have realized and invested in their playlisting as of recent, Céline's current reach might even surpass Mariah considering IACBTMN continues to go viral and be used in more ads so it's really disappointing to see Mariah's team set her up for failure
    I’ve gotta ask… what teams are you talking about?

these artists are legacy artists, they don’t have teams of people caring about their playlist reach, it’s a waste of money to push older artists when they are making money off streams for literally doing nothing, why would these labels invest money into playlisting to basically no extra money…

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

I’ve gotta ask… what teams are you talking about?

these artists are legacy artists, they don’t have teams of people caring about their playlist reach, it’s a waste of money to push older artists when they are making money off streams for literally doing nothing, why would these labels invest money into playlisting to basically no extra money…
      Yes they do, playlisting is absolutely something that labels have to invest in and anyone with a clue about the streaming industry knows this.

Comment

Yes they do.
        Who are they? What teams are worrying about these older artists streams?

Whitney having higher streams is the work of what “team”?.

Comment

• I wouldn't waste my time with dem trolls myworld

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            I wouldn't waste my time with dem trolls myworld
            I love how it’s always “trolls” when no one is saying anything bad against the Queen and making legit points, it’s funny. Let’s get back to Mariah’s tone instead of answering actual questions or having an unbiased conversation.

Comment

Catalog music consumption is hugely growing in popularity which means it pays for these classic hits to be put into more playlists and generate as much revenue as possible. Despite whatever you might think, labels do have teams of people who specifically track trends related to streaming, classic songs being added to playlists does pay off in the long term.

All I was saying was, Mariah gets a lot less playlisting than her peers so it would pay off for her team (label, whatever term you want to use) to get her songs into more playlists, as her streams are lower than normal right now. Despite this, she does still get more daily streams on Spotify than all the female artists who debuted last century asides from Shakira, Britney and Madonna as of recent.

Tbh I have no idea why you came in here trying to call me out when all I've said was Mariah deserves to have higher playlisting like her peers lol

Comment

• Ewokguy15
                Ewokguy15 commented
                Editing a comment
                Because anytime someone doesn’t like something and this isn’t Mariah specific, it’s always their “teams” fault.

Yes they do, playlisting is absolutely something that labels have to invest in and anyone with a clue about the streaming industry knows this.
              And the labels behind older artists don’t bother with this kind of stuff because the difference in revenue is so inconsequential they don’t see the point.

it’s not Whitney having a better team because these teams simply do not exist, there are people who manage their affairs sure but these people will manage dozens of artists not just these former pop queens, financially is just doesn’t make sense, even if fans whats this fave to have a few extra streams which what people are obsessed with these days.

Comment

Her numbers aren't bad. Her playlisting is.

Out of all the female artists who debuted last century, she is only behind Shakira, Britney & Madonna (as of very recent) in daily Spotify streams.

Fantasy, Always Be My Baby, Hero, Without You and We Belong Together are all classics.

Btw you can see WBT is ahead of Material Girl and only 8m behind MHWGO so that's not bad for a song which isn't a classic in your opinion...

I Will Always Love You - 461m
                My Heart Will Go On - 370m
                We Belong Together - 362m
                Material Girl (all versions) - 265m

*If you combined all versions of WBT is actually has 371m
                kkkkk Come on, be real ! mariahs biggest song right now = 214k fantasy even viral on tik tok, we belong together less than 200k everything else less than 150k ! thats bad

madonnas top songs = 468k frozen, 461k material girl, 232k hung up....

celines biggest song right now = 403 294 its all coming back to me
                britneys biggest song right now = 656 200 toxic

and thats not the truth ! mariah have less monthly listeners than six other !

1 shakira = 33 723 108
                2 britney spears = 25 897 749
                3 jennifer lopez = 21 842 418
                4 madonna = 20 957 059
                5 christina aguilera = 20 184 384
                6 whitney houston 20 164 442
                7 mariah carey 16 232 254

Comment

Despite this, she does still get more daily streams on Spotify than all the female artists who debuted last century asides from Shakira, Britney and Madonna as of recent.

Tbh I have no idea why you came in here trying to call me out when all I've said was Mariah deserves to have higher playlisting like her peers lol
                  No !

1 shakira = 33 723 108
                  4 madonna = 20 957 059

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyCiccone View Post
                    No !

1 shakira = 33 723 108
                    4 madonna = 20 957 059
                    daily streams and monthly listeners are two things completely different

so bringing monthly listeners to say they are wrong about saying she is having more daily streams makes no sense

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

daily streams and monthly listeners are two things completely different

so bringing monthly listeners to say they are wrong about saying she is having more daily streams makes no sense
                      They've totally lost it, I think it's best not to reply anymore because certain people derailed a civil thread about Mariah into a messy stan war, so embarrassing

Comment

• LMAO.
                        One person who created the account to make those 3 posts here and the other one who was banned from posting on the Mariah thread.
                        The obsession is real.

I would focus on my fave and in her thread.

I hope the mods bm08 stevyy Wayne & co. are following this.

Comment

• Interesting.

Comment

Because it's just plain true, if you notice Whitney is very much updated in terms of certifications while you can't say the same for Celine or Mariah! Mariah fight with Spotify also have made her a little blacklisted and Mariah cannot be compared to other R&B legends because the fact is that Mimi outsold and out charted all of them thus spawnning more hits than others.
                            Whitney's team also did Higher love with Kygo giving her young generation boost as well, it would be foolish to think that their team isn't doing anything.

Catalog streams are exploding in the US (and I assume everywhere) right now, whereas current music (less than 18 months old) seems to be on the decline.
                            Nobody is saying if Mariah is playlisted correctly she will get 10M a day but catalog is getting more streams then new music and Mariah's team is doing zero effort to consume this opportunity.
                            Saying legacy artist don't care is an absolute fake claim.
                            Streams of current music, aka music less than 18 months old, has not only declined in absolute streams on a year-over-year basis, but the the relative share of current music by week 8 has declined from almost a third in 2021 to almost a quarter in 2022.

Meanwhile catalogue streams have increased considerably, both in terms of share and absolute streams.

This continues a massive trend that was also highlighted in Nielsen's year-end-report for the entire year 2021

Every label is trying to understand this, you really think label or estate don't care? They want money. You can say that artist might not care but not every job is of artist's anyway they have a label to take care of these things.
                            Current music (American music is absolutely dead) and catalog is selling more and more everyday, it would be blind to think that labels 'Don't Care'
                            Last edited by britneylinda; Mon March 14, 2022, 07:56.

Comment

• Ewokguy15
                              Ewokguy15 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Who is currently employed as part of these woman’s teams? You seem to know everything so…

• ^ It's not that but somethings are rather obvious though! Applying some common sense after some research can give you some answers yourselves not everything has to come from insiders!

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                              ^ It's not that but somethings are rather obvious though! Applying some common sense after some research can give you some answers yourselves not everything has to come from insiders!
                              But you and a few others are saying “their teams”, who are these teams?

it’s really not common sense, Mariah is unsigned right now and has music from 3-4 different labels… to say she has a team would means she would need 3-4 for the different labels, is that likely? The money it would take to get Spotify to add certain songs would outweighs what the songs would make in extra streams so why would any of them bother?

Whitney having better playlisting has nothing to do with her “team”, she doesn’t have a team working harder to get her into playlists, those songs are on those playlists because they are those songs in spite of their age, same goes for Mariah over Celine.

Comment

• ^ I don't deny your certain points but label cares about money and Mimi's catalog is a powerful one considering the data I showed you on how Catalog is doing much better then new music and it seems it will continue doing it. Playlisting can always be better for old acts and mimi also have hits like Whitney dare I say more than her any day. Mariah like all acts dead or alive is managed by a team and they can light up on this issue, auto generated playlisting is always useless for old acts getting Mimi on some huge playlists won't hurt anything! It's not like Mariah being playlisted well would give her insane amount of streams but it would keep her quite stable, her major share goes to her Christmas song and you can see how much her song is streamed every year! She does have the potential especially her up-tempo songs!

Comment

But you and a few others are saying “their teams”, who are these teams?

it’s really not common sense, Mariah is unsigned right now and has music from 3-4 different labels… to say she has a team would means she would need 3-4 for the different labels, is that likely? The money it would take to get Spotify to add certain songs would outweighs what the songs would make in extra streams so why would any of them bother?

Whitney having better playlisting has nothing to do with her “team”, she doesn’t have a team working harder to get her into playlists, those songs are on those playlists because they are those songs in spite of their age, same goes for Mariah over Celine.
                                  What this guy basically wants to say is people like Whitney's music more than Mariah's.

You don't need to sweat it, honey. First worry about Christina not being in the top 90 selling artists. Mariah is 16th overall, and 3rd female.

Whitney has a long way to go, 20m albums to be precise, before she can equal Mariah's sales.

If my post is a violation, why are trolls being allowed a free pass?
                                  Last edited by Sri; Mon March 14, 2022, 10:41.

Comment

• basically E is just saying there's really isn't a need for the labels to intervene in getting more or better playlisting because the returns are little and will only be for a period of time. Not sure why some of u r upset over this comment though

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyCiccone View Post
                                      Mariah outside Christmas doesnt have a bonafide classic like i will always love you, toxic, material girl, girls just wanna have fun, my heart will go on or hips dont lie. that is why her numbers are bad !
                                      This is embarrassing please stop, comparing pop songs vs R&B catalog? Not to mention her Christmas classic out streamed all the songs you've mentioned

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                                        basically E is just saying there's really isn't a need for the labels to intervene in getting more or better playlisting because the returns are little and will only be for a period of time. Not sure why some of u r upset over this comment though
                                        Because it's literally not true? Labels do invest in playlisting for their most successful artists because it actually pays off in the long term.. as you can see from the posts above, catalog streams are skyrocketing so the initial cost of increasing playlisting (even for a 'legacy' artist) is actually a worthwhile investment

Comment

• I get your point but its ok to have different opinions.

Fantasy has been holding so consistently on Itunes!

Comment

• Just stop, we all know Mariah is doing triple of what these girls do a year in just a month of the year, so we don't care

Comment

• There is another live performance video for Without You which has been growing in streams lately, it was posted in 2015 and has over 88 million views.

According to Kworb, it's getting 150k views a day and will become her 18th video (19th if you include the generated audio for AIWFCIY) to reach 100m by the end of May!

Fantasy and O Holy Night will hit 100m this year too so she'll have 20+ videos over this threshold.

Both versions of Without You are pulling 250k a day combined which is really good!
                                              Last edited by myworld; Mon March 14, 2022, 16:46.

Comment

Both versions of Without You are pulling 250k a day combined which is really good!
                                                I've been saying this for years. It is her 3rd biggest video overall with over 400 million streams (combined). Mariah has 3 videos which have surpassed 400 million views. Not bad.
                                                My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                X