No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think MC's numbers are pretty decent considering her catalogue is not pure pop and her playlisting is messy.
    ​​​​​I'm only concerned about the fact that her post-Christmas recovery appears to be taking a lot longer than before and that I find rather odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      WBT being Song of the decade on Billboard in the US really has nothing to do with its playlist reach. Completely unrelated.
      but shouldn't such a song be on all 2000s playlists (at least in the US). It would make sense.
      My Chart

Comment

• Mariah Carey's Top Streaming Songs on Spotify: daily (revised)

Timeframe: March 13th

01 - 187,240,037 - +195,251 - 1995 - Fantasy
        02 - 362,855,536 - +165,014 - 2005 - We Belong Together
        03 - 203,114,399 - +146,713 - 2003 - I Know what You Want (ft. Busta Rhymes & The Flipmode Squad)
        04 - 256,954,229 - +127,574 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
        05 - 186,307,379 - +120,764 - 2009 - Obsessed
        06 - 159,723,740 - +92,020 - 1994 - Without You
        07 - 185,999,748 - +87,560 - 1993 - Hero
        08 - 116,787,232 - +67,300 - 2008 - Touch my Body
        09 - 126,516,144 - +64,946 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
        10 - 1,145,749,254 - +58,528 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
        --
        11 - 102,934,550 - +54,927 - 1998 - When you Believe (with Whitney Houston)
        12 - 69,881,476 - +45,824 - 1998 - My All
        13 - 63,192,788 - +45,640 - 1994 - Endless Love (with Luther Vandross)
        14 - 73,870,268 - +44,793 - 2005 - Shake It Off
        15 - 83,518,433 - +44,366 - 1999 - Heartbreaker
        16 - 71,666,714 - +35,993 - 1991 - Emotions
        17 - 48,502,228 - +32,518 - 1995 - Fantasy Remix
        18 - 54,897,601 - +29,939 - 2005 - It's Like That
        19 - 53,760,766 - +26,357 - 1997 - Honey
        20 - 63,242,916 - +26,139 - 1992 - I'll Be There
        --
        21 - 96,395,093 - +25,378 - 2013 - #Beautiful
        22 - 53,633,725 - +23,263 - 2000 - Against All Odds (ft. Westlife)
        23 - 33,883,124 - +21,018 - 2008 - Bye Bye
        24 - 42,755,419 - +20,825 - 1990 - Vision of Love
        25 - 41,259,203 - +19,357 - 1993 - Dreamlover
        26 - 18,553,465 - +18,003 - 2000 - Thank God I Found You / Make It Last
        27 - 35,807,594 - +17,533 - 1999 - Thank God I Found You
        28 - 27,098,879 - +14,090 - 1997 - Breakdown
        29 - 32,984,019 - +13,900 - 2005 - Don't Forget About Us
        30 - 30,571,664 - +13,861 - 2009 - I Want To Know What Love Is
        --
        31 - 27,585,403 - +12,767 - 1990 - Love Takes Time
        32 - 19,853,155 - +11,060 - 2008 - I Stay In Love
        33 - 14,962,745 - +11,004 - 2004 - U Make Me Wanna
        34 - 23,838,243 - +10,829 - 2002 - Through The Rain

thresholds:

1 million = 142,800 daily
        500k = 71,500 daily
        200k = 28,600 daily
        100k = 14,300 daily
        My Chart

Comment

• As I predicted... IWTKWLI will leave her daily top 30 for the first time in 4 years... should the trend continue.
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

This is embarrassing please stop, comparing pop songs vs R&B catalog? Not to mention her Christmas classic out streamed all the songs you've mentioned
            Mariah has plenty of pop songs, stop acting as if she is some sort of obscure R&B artist.
            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
            Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Mariah has plenty of pop songs, stop acting as if she is some sort of obscure R&B artist.
              Nobody said she's obscure but her entire catalog is R&B influenced at the very minimum, and basically everything post Daydream is R&B/Hip-Hop

Comment

• Originally posted by myworld View Post

Nobody said she's obscure but her entire catalog is R&B influenced at the very minimum, and basically everything post Daydream is R&B/Hip-Hop
                Huge difference between being R&B infleunced and having an R&B catalogue which is what the person i responded to very clearly stated.

Comment

Huge difference between being R&B infleunced and having an R&B catalogue which is what the person i responded to very clearly stated.
                  Nah, making strictly R&B/Hip-Hop music for more than 26 years constitutes as an R&B catalog, some of y'all literally lurk in this thread trying to cause arguments when everyone in the real world knows Mariah is an R&B act.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

The gurls said that it happened due the Spotify breakdown.

It was doing +220K prior to that.
                    Yes, I know but “Envolver” by Anitta was below Fantasy on the TikTok viral charts but it just entered the Global Top 40 even though it was flopping before. 200k seems so low for a viral song but maybe i’m just being too harsh

Comment

Nah, making strictly R&B/Hip-Hop music for more than 26 years constitutes as an R&B catalog, some of y'all literally lurk in this thread trying to cause arguments
                      Except she wasnt making strictly R&B music. Her singles were all primarily pop, check her stats on pop radio for confirmation. Mariah used to service alternate versions of her songs to urban/ hip hop radio to ensure airplay on both formats. In fact she benefitted from doing this greatly, it was actually a bonus for her and allowed her to reach greater and bigger audiences. Also, its really sad that you cannot have a discussion with someone without resorting to immature comments. Learn to see some one elses viewpoint on a forum. So on that note, have a wonderful evening.

Comment

Except she wasnt making strictly R&B music. Her singles were all primarily pop, check her stats on pop radio for confirmation. Mariah used to service alternate versions of her songs to urban/ hip hop radio to ensure airplay on both formats. In fact she benefitted from doing this greatly, it was actually a bonus for her and allowed her to reach greater and bigger audiences. Also, its really sad that you cannot have a discussion with someone without resorting to immature comments. Learn to see some one elses viewpoint on a forum. So on that note, have a wonderful evening.
                        Have a beautiful and blessed day.

Comment

• Between YouTube and Spotify, she is gaining almost 5m streams a day even on a Sunday. It's funny that Spotify drops on a Sunday yet YouTube climbs to make up for the loss

Comment

• Happy anniversary to WBT! A global hit that went top 5 in 14 countries

Comment

Happy anniversary to WBT! A global hit that went top 5 in 14 countries
                              Brazil didnt actually have any singles charts in 2005 except an airplay one and Croatia is an airplay chart but I agree the track did very well.

Comment

There is another live performance video for Without You which has been growing in streams lately, it was posted in 2015 and has over 88 million views.

According to Kworb, it's getting 150k views a day and will become her 18th video (19th if you include the generated audio for AIWFCIY) to reach 100m by the end of May!

Fantasy and O Holy Night will hit 100m this year too so she'll have 20+ videos over this threshold.

Both versions of Without You are pulling 250k a day combined which is really good!
                                That's amazing and well deserved!

Also +20 videos with over 100M views on YouTube is an incredible feat.

And btw, if the AIW/MMWCT new video wouldn't been released, the OG would have surpassed 1B views at this point.
                                The good thing is that in like 5/6 years or so she's gonna have 2 vids with over 1B views, both from the same song!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  I've been saying this for years. It is her 3rd biggest video overall with over 400 million streams (combined). Mariah has 3 videos which have surpassed 400 million views. Not bad.
                                  Thanx for pointing that out 'cause I totally missed that WY video!

Comment

• Originally posted by oneofone View Post
                                    I think MC's numbers are pretty decent considering her catalogue is not pure pop and her playlisting is messy.
                                    ​​​​​I'm only concerned about the fact that her post-Christmas recovery appears to be taking a lot longer than before and that I find rather odd.
                                    Not really.
                                    She did better this February (2022) than the past February (2021) on Spotify (3.5M more streams this year in the same month).
                                    She also reached 100M streams this year on the platform almost 1 week earlier than in 2021.
                                    With the rest, I agree.

Also, streaming is on a low for ALL artists - as charts overall as well.

Comment

but shouldn't such a song be on all 2000s playlists (at least in the US). It would make sense.
                                      Of course!

Comment

Mariah Carey's Top Streaming Songs on Spotify: daily (revised)

Timeframe: March 13th
                                        We don't know Sundays!

On a serious note, a bit impressed by Thank God I Found You / Make It Last numbers (doing almost the same as Dreamlover!).

Comment

As I predicted... IWTKWLI will leave her daily top 30 for the first time in 4 years... should the trend continue.
                                          Which songs did have gains?

Comment

• Originally posted by manuelbutera View Post
                                            Yes, I know but “Envolver” by Anitta was below Fantasy on the TikTok viral charts but it just entered the Global Top 40 even though it was flopping before. 200k seems so low for a viral song but maybe i’m just being too harsh
                                            Two different artists, two different situations.
                                            And also keep in mind that Fantasy has had at least 3/4 viral moments on TikTok plus Free Guy.
                                            I'm happy that it charted on US iTunes for a while and Top 3 on the R&B Chart.
                                            Last edited by Shaka; Tue March 15, 2022, 06:57.

Comment

• THE FLEX.

Not everybody has that to their credit, it's difficult to get!

Comment

• IKWYW is such a hit.

Comment

• Well, some good news:

Comment

• MARIAH CAREY
                                                    Music Box — 128
                                                    Mariah Carey — 113
                                                    Merry Christmas — 100
                                                    Daydream — 81
                                                    The Emancipation of Mimi — 74
                                                    #1’s — 62
                                                    MTV Unplugged (EP) — 57
                                                    Butterfly — 55
                                                    Emotions — 54

Comment

Working...
                                                    X