Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by nympho View Post
    It's the weekly streams their 23 most streamed tracks received. Ranked by those getting most streams this week.

    Which means that some songs having more streams this week than some of those there (like FG, for example) are out of this ranking because they're not among their 23 most streamed songs in total.

    Yes, a bit confussing.
    Now it's not confusing, but it's such an arbitrary thing to compare. Doesn't reflect the current/actual streaming consumption for these two ladies, be it because newer songs haven't had as much time to rake up streams to get to the top, or the fact that some songs are seasonal and have minimal streams now - AIWFCIY obviously which will get 7-8m streams weekly once Xmas comes around the corner.

    Originally posted by ferrero View Post
    referencing to post #1265, wondering why these songs were not listed
    [MENTION=19930]nympho[/MENTION] explained it.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
    .

    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

    Comment


    • ^I understand now and agree to a certain extend though the impact is small since the songs affected are in the 100k region
      Last edited by ferrero; Mon August 12th, 2019, 09:10.

      Comment


      • [MENTION=6418]ferrero[/MENTION] [MENTION=28072]beredy[/MENTION]

        The user who updates Madonna's streaming is only updating her songs which have surpassed 20m total streams. Madonna currently has 23 songs that surpassed 20m streams (+ Me Against The Music which he doesn't track somehow). I then put Mariah's 23 most streamed songs against those of Madonna and get the gains that we get for those 23 songs.

        Both Madonna & Mariah have songs outside their 23 most streamed overall songs which have bigger daily and weekly gains. But for now, we omit those from the comparison and wait for Madonna to increase the number of songs with 20m streams.
        My Chart

        Comment


        • Timeframe: 11th August, 2019 (Sunday effect)

          01 - 497,517,491 - +41,077 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
          02 - 186,679,999 - +146,962 - 2005 - We Belong Together
          03 - 131,860,265 - +115,574 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
          04 - 89,611,430 - +76,149 - 2003 - I Know what you Want
          05 - 86,737,493 - +86,383 - 1993 - Hero
          06 - 75,991,561 - +54,579 - 1995 - Fantasy
          07 - 73,707,387 - +61,617 - 1994 - Without You
          08 - 72,527,342 - +20,387 - 2013 - #Beautiful
          09 - 62,347,545 - +55,972 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
          10 - 58,074,749 - +43,245 - 2008 - Touch my Body
          11 - 57,215,179 - +207,297 - 2009 - Obsessed
          My Chart

          Comment


          • I am rooting for Obsessed to maintain 200k till end of the year to reach 85m

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ferrero View Post
              I am rooting for Obsessed to maintain 200k till end of the year to reach 85m
              I believe that by the end of December 2019, all of her top 10 songs will have surpassed 75 million streams...

              my estimation at their current daily and weekly gains: by the end of 2019

              01 - 730,000,000 - AIWFCIY (christmas est.)
              02 - 209,000,000 - WBT
              03 - 150,000,000 - ABMB
              04 - 101,000,000 - IKWYW
              05 - 101,000,000 - Hero
              06 - 87,300,000 - Obsessed
              07 - 85,000,000 - Fantasy
              08 - 83,500,000 - Without You
              09 - 82,200,000 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) (christmas est.)
              10 - 75,500,000 - #Beautiful
              11 - 72,000,000 - AIWFCIY (ft. JB) (christmas est.)
              12 - 71,100,000 - One Sweet Day
              My Chart

              Comment


              • [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION] possibly! but I think your estimation for AIWFCIY is a bit too high. My estimate would be 650m to 660m

                Comment


                • I'm guessing that AIWFCIY may touch 700M+ by the end of this year.
                  She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

                  Comment


                  • is poll allowed in chart analysis @nympho? can we have one in the xmas thread?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                      is poll allowed in chart analysis @nympho? can we have one in the xmas thread?
                      Definitely not in August..

                      Don’t bring back the Xmas thread till Q4, please.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                        [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION] possibly! but I think your estimation for AIWFCIY is a bit too high. My estimate would be 650m to 660m
                        It increases its streams yearly due to the Spotify growth. I'm hoping for the 700m mark to be shattered. That would be cool. It would also bring the album to around 900m. (or more).
                        My Chart

                        Comment


                        • So next year Mariah will be the first 90s diva to have an album with 1B streams (excluding my queen Shaki)? that is something we need to celebrate
                          IG Account:
                          https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

                          Comment


                          • Timeframe: 12th August, 2019

                            01 - 497,561,203 - +43,712 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                            02 - 186,845,168 - +165,169 - 2005 - We Belong Together
                            03 - 131,988,007 - +127,742 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
                            04 - 89,695,038 - +83,638 - 2003 - I Know what you Want
                            05 - 86,837,210 - +99,717 - 1993 - Hero
                            06 - 76,051,850 - +60,289 - 1995 - Fantasy
                            07 - 73,775,396 - +68,009 - 1994 - Without You
                            08 - 72,550,773 - +23,431 - 2013 - #Beautiful
                            09 - 62,412,017 - +64,472 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
                            10 - 58,122,716 - +47,967 - 2008 - Touch my Body
                            11 - 57,440,743 - +225,564 - 2009 - Obsessed
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Colombia71345 View Post
                              So next year Mariah will be the first 90s diva to have an album with 1B streams (excluding my queen Shaki)? that is something we need to celebrate
                              She has legit smashed in all the era. She even had a moderate streaming era hit Album in Caution
                              Forever Young

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                She has legit smashed in all the era. She even had a moderate streaming era hit Album in Caution
                                I believe that the term moderate streaming era hit album has a threshold of at least 400 million streams... (Caution has 73,5 million).
                                My Chart

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  I believe that the term moderate streaming era hit album has a threshold of at least 400 million streams... (Caution has 73,5 million).
                                  I hope Caution gets some Grammy noms to reignite some interest in this album. IF it can match MIAM sales by early next year I'll be satisfied.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by sm3 View Post
                                    I hope Caution gets some Grammy noms to reignite some interest in this album. IF it can match MIAM sales by early next year I'll be satisfied.
                                    It can ONLY surpass or match MIAM in sales in the US. MIAM has approx sold 130k in the US and 150k outside the US...

                                    Caution has barely sold 100k outside the US. There is also NO sign - no genre chart - in which the album is currently charting outside the US. It had completely stopped selling in early 2019 in my opinion. Up to that point it had probably sold between 3k-5k internationally per week.
                                    My Chart

                                    Comment


                                    • Timeframe: 13th August, 2019

                                      01 - 497,606,154 - +44,951 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                      02 - 187,021,097 - +175,929 - 2005 - We Belong Together
                                      03 - 132,125,416 - +137,409 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
                                      04 - 89,783,710 - +88,672 - 2003 - I Know what you Want
                                      05 - 86,942,262 - +105,052 - 1993 - Hero
                                      06 - 76,116,957 - +65,107 - 1995 - Fantasy
                                      07 - 73,847,715 - +72,319 - 1994 - Without You
                                      08 - 72,575,190 - +24,417 - 2013 - #Beautiful
                                      09 - 62,479,793 - +67,776 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
                                      10 - 58,174,020 - +51,304 - 2008 - Touch my Body
                                      11 - 57,668,470 - +227,727 - 2009 - Obsessed
                                      My Chart

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                        It can ONLY surpass or match MIAM in sales in the US. MIAM has approx sold 130k in the US and 150k outside the US...

                                        Caution has barely sold 100k outside the US. There is also NO sign - no genre chart - in which the album is currently charting outside the US. It had completely stopped selling in early 2019 in my opinion. Up to that point it had probably sold between 3k-5k internationally per week.
                                        Yes. I was referring to US sales, I hope it can. Worldwide, that's a long shot. I hope she makes an effort promoting her next project in Europe. Last time she did was during the Memoirs era right? That's over 10 years ago!!

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by sm3 View Post
                                          Yes. I was referring to US sales, I hope it can. Worldwide, that's a long shot. I hope she makes an effort promoting her next project in Europe. Last time she did was during the Memoirs era right? That's over 10 years ago!!
                                          yes, but Memoirs was also ONLY promoted in the UK... so the last time she visited continental Europe for anything album related was 2008. 11 farking years ago.
                                          My Chart

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                            Timeframe: 13th August, 2019

                                            01 - 497,606,154 - +44,951 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                            02 - 187,021,097 - +175,929 - 2005 - We Belong Together
                                            03 - 132,125,416 - +137,409 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
                                            04 - 89,783,710 - +88,672 - 2003 - I Know what you Want
                                            05 - 86,942,262 - +105,052 - 1993 - Hero
                                            06 - 76,116,957 - +65,107 - 1995 - Fantasy
                                            07 - 73,847,715 - +72,319 - 1994 - Without You
                                            08 - 72,575,190 - +24,417 - 2013 - #Beautiful
                                            09 - 62,479,793 - +67,776 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
                                            10 - 58,174,020 - +51,304 - 2008 - Touch my Body
                                            11 - 57,668,470 - +227,727 - 2009 - Obsessed
                                            As much as I love Obsessed, it’s no GOAT
                                            Originally posted by beredy
                                            When people see your post this is what they see:

                                            GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                              As much as I love Obsessed, it’s no GOAT
                                              BUT the GP says it is. Don't frown.
                                              My Chart

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                BUT the GP says it is. Don't frown.
                                                GOAT 383 milli
                                                Obsessed 111 milli
                                                Originally posted by beredy
                                                When people see your post this is what they see:

                                                GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                                                Comment


                                                • Timeframe: 14th August, 2019

                                                  01 - 497,652,834 - +46,680 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                                  02 - 187,199,706 - +178,609 - 2005 - We Belong Together
                                                  03 - 132,266,893 - +141,477 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
                                                  04 - 89,874,966 - +91,256 - 2003 - I Know what you Want
                                                  05 - 87,049,914 - +107,652 - 1993 - Hero
                                                  06 - 76,183,349 - +66,392 - 1995 - Fantasy
                                                  07 - 73,921,879 - +74,164 - 1994 - Without You
                                                  08 - 72,600,291 - +25,101 - 2013 - #Beautiful
                                                  09 - 62,550,677 - +70,884 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
                                                  10 - 58,226,548 - +52,528 - 2008 - Touch my Body
                                                  11 - 57,899,743 - +231,273 - 2009 - Obsessed
                                                  Last edited by stevyy; Thu August 15th, 2019, 17:05.
                                                  My Chart

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Obsessed is showing great consistency so far! I thought the TikTok thingy will only give a momentary boost.
                                                    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X