Mariah Carey :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Those are for the physical singles.

These new certs are for digital singles.

Comment

• “Bye bye”also eligible to gold too

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
        ^Those are for the physical singles.

That doesn’t make sense since it says standard as the award type and has the original dates listed for certification. Furthermore, for Emotions and Heartbreaker, it shows the physical certification date and then now it’s platinum as a digital certification? Are they combining them and not making a separate digital certification, or are there errors in how they’re listed?

Comment

• ^They are combining them. Whitney's label did the same thing. It's confusing.

Comment

^Those are for the physical singles.

I thought they could be combined now couldn’t they? Didn’t they certify I Will Always Love You combining physical sales, digital sales and streaming?

Comment

• ^Some are combined. Some are not. Like I said above, it's very confusing.

Comment

^They are combining them. Whitney's label did the same thing. It's confusing.
                Sorry I didn’t read this. Well I guess it’s up to the label maybe? It doesn’t make that much of a difference, she will have the same number of certified units anyway

Comment

^They are combining them. Whitney's label did the same thing. It's confusing.
                  Sure, but it doesn’t explain why they show Fantasy and One Sweet Day as new certifications when they haven’t been changed and are showing the original certification dates.

Comment

• Now she has 8 multi platinum singles and from 3 different decades amazing for someone who doubted on the early of the 90’s.

Comment

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
                      Now she has 8 multi platinum singles and from 3 different decades amazing for someone who doubted on the early of the 90’s.
                      and ELEVEN multi-platinum albums!

Comment

• Fantasy and One Sweet Day are 3x Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          Fantasy and One Sweet Day are 3x Platinum

AH! They fixed it! Wonderful!

Comment

• Mariah received several new RIAA certifications this week including Gold for The Remixes 2x Platinum for greatest hits and a number for singles including O Holy Night Gold Christmas Baby Please Come Home Gold Hero 2 x platinum Fantasy One Sweet Day & Always Be My Baby 3 x plat and All I Want For Christmas Is You 6 x plat what's her cert total in all she can't be far from Barbara Streisand now
                            "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• Or not. I don’t know how to post photos so I can’t post what I’m seeing but on the riaa website viewed on my phone it’s still saying double. Weird. \_(ツ)_/

Comment

• It's, in fact, a bit of a mess, because, while all her singles certifications today are combined (physical+digital), all of them appear as "digital" but "Always be my baby" as "standard", so that's 3 million less for the Digital Singles artists tally.

I just checked and it's her only single certified after 2001 (being Loverboy the last one) on "standard" and not on "digital".
                                Hope they fix it.

But anyway… what a great day!!!!
                                Hopefully MOAIA will be certified Platinum son too. (Different label, so understandable it was not updated today)

Comment

• Emc2 eligible to double platinum.
                                  Bye bye eligible to at least gold.
                                  Maybe I’m delusional but maybe with 2008 high digital downloads iblylt.
                                  Moaia platinum.
                                  Dfau can be platinum.
                                  And that’s just in us! I believe that in Canada has some stuff that not certify yet. I saw somewhere that touch my body is gold in nz but can’t find it today

Comment

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
                                    Emc2 eligible to double platinum.
                                    Bye bye eligible to at least gold.
                                    Maybe I’m delusional but maybe with 2008 high digital downloads iblylt.
                                    Moaia platinum.
                                    Dfau can be platinum.
                                    And that’s just in us! I believe that in Canada has some stuff that not certify yet. I saw somewhere that touch my body is gold in nz but can’t find it today
                                    It's not.
                                    It was at 1,701,105 SPS last May.
                                    It has obviously not scanned 300k units in 17 months.

Comment

RIAA.com:

Top Artists

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?...search_section

MARIAH CAREY Cert. Units (In Millions): 66.5xP

Tied with The Rolling Stones and Aerosmith.

Top Artists Digital Singles

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?...search_section

MARIAH CAREY Certification Units: 30xP

Tied with Linkin Park
                                      Can't believe queen actually did so great in the digital era, look at her competing with today's big stars... WOW, I'm proud to stan for Mariah Carey
                                      Mariah Carey
                                      Billboard's Top Solo Female of All Time

Comment

• ^Mariah's lucky (along with MJ and Whitney) to have a label that certifies/re-certifies her singles. Janet, Madonna, Celine and Prince would all be up there as well if their singles were certified/re-certified.

Comment

• Pls re-certify the albums

Comment

• Her total singles certs stand at 41,000,000 now. Combined with 66,5 million albums certifications = 107,500,000 albums and singles certified in the USA. (#5 among females overall, and only act from the physical era).

I am so glad for the two album certifications that she has received. Greatest Hits was long overdue. And The Remixes also. She now has 11 multi-platinum releases in the US.

#1's will be on SONY's next re-cert cycle I am sure of it... (6xP), and then we will see Memoirs as well (1xP). If The Ballads, which has sold around or slightly over 400,000 copies in the US as of now, could snatch in a future Gold certification, it would mean that each and every single release between 1990-2010 is certified in the US. The Ballads is her only non-certified release in the US in that timeframe now. (Mind you, it is her 3rd compilation album).
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Mariah Carey needs to be her third Diamond album. You have no idea how long Ive been waiting for these re-certifications!

Comment

^Mariah's lucky (along with MJ and Whitney) to have a label that certifies/re-certifies her singles. Janet, Madonna, Celine and Prince would all be up there as well if their singles were certified/re-certified.
                                                I don't think the artists you named are as strong in the digital era like Mariah, or the streaming era (Michael Jackson Yeah and Prince) but the others no.... Mariah got that advantage over her peers
                                                Mariah Carey

Comment

• [MENTION=76641]GlenMarley[/MENTION] me too it's been stuck at 9 x plat for nearly 20 years and she would be only the 2nd female artist to have 3 diamond albums behind Shania Twain she currently has the most albums certified 6 x platinum or higher with 5 among female artists those are Mariah Carey Music Box Merry Christmas Daydream and The Emancipation Of Mimi only two albums released by female artists in 2005 achieved that the other Is Carrie Underwood's debut Some Hearts which currently sits at 8 x platinum but could eventually reach diamond also Taylor Swift should receive her 2nd diamond album soon for 1989
                                                  "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• Glad to see these new certs! Diamond is within reach for debut album. SO exciting.
                                                    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• How many physical singles has Mariah sold in the US?
                                                      Mariah Carey

Comment

• ^These were Mariah's physical single certs before the new certs yesterday:

Physical Singles:

Vision Of Love Gold
                                                        Love Takes Time Gold
                                                        Someday Gold
                                                        Emotions Gold
                                                        Dreamlover Platinum
                                                        Hero Platinum
                                                        Without You / Never Forget You Gold
                                                        Endless Love Gold
                                                        Fantasy 2x Platinum
                                                        One Sweet Day 2x Platinum
                                                        Always Be My Baby Platinum
                                                        Honey Platinum
                                                        My All Platinum
                                                        When You Believe Gold
                                                        I Still Believe Platinum
                                                        Heartbreaker Gold
                                                        Thank God I Found You Gold
                                                        Loverboy Gold

= 15xP

Comment

• Originally posted by crybaby26 View Post
                                                          I don't think the artists you named are as strong in the digital era like Mariah, or the streaming era (Michael Jackson Yeah and Prince) but the others no.... Mariah got that advantage over her peers
                                                          Celine has All the Way... A Decade of Song with +9.2M sales (alleged) but a 7xP certification. She is as close as Mariah to a third Diamond record.

Then, True Blue by Madonna has been last certified 7xP in 1995 and is a solid recurrent seller. It could easily be her next Diamond album as well.

Comment

^Mariah's lucky (along with MJ and Whitney) to have a label that certifies/re-certifies her singles. Janet, Madonna, Celine and Prince would all be up there as well if their singles were certified/re-certified.
                                                            sis, this is LONG overdue
                                                            don't be acting like Mariah's are constantly re-certified
                                                            for some its been nearly 20 years since last certified
                                                            thx you, next

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                              Her total singles certs stand at 41,000,000 now. Combined with 66,5 million albums certifications = 107,500,000 albums and singles certified in the USA. (#5 among females overall, and only act from the physical era).

I am so glad for the two album certifications that she has received. Greatest Hits was long overdue. And The Remixes also. She now has 11 multi-platinum releases in the US.

#1's will be on SONY's next re-cert cycle I am sure of it... (6xP), and then we will see Memoirs as well (1xP). If The Ballads, which has sold around or slightly over 400,000 copies in the US as of now, could snatch in a future Gold certification, it would mean that each and every single release between 1990-2010 is certified in the US. The Ballads is her only non-certified release in the US in that timeframe now. (Mind you, it is her 3rd compilation album).
                                                              will memoirs ever be 2x platinum?
                                                              what is the estimated SPS as of 2019?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X