Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Sheeran :: The "" Era

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Netherlands:
    8 (13) Divide 117 weeks (No. 1 for 8 weeks)

    New record: Most weeks in the top 10 for any album ever there with 90 weeks - big congrats!
    Don't need hindsight
    I'll make my emotions clear
    And then disappear
    With one strike
    (All Saints)

    Comment


    • Swiss Charts

      55 (68) 89 Perfect <6xP>

      20 (21) 117 <2xP>

      There's a rule in Switzerland that says an artist can only have three songs on the charts as a lead artist, so "Perfect" may leave the charts sooner than it normally would if he releases another single from his upcoming collaboration project...

      Comment


      • Yet another BPI award.
        Congrats [MENTION=29696]eds[/MENTION]heeran! 'Castle On The Hill' is #BRITcertified 4x Platinum!

        Comment


        • This album is still sorta smashing for an oldie.
          Forever Young

          Comment


          • Swiss Charts

            68 (55) 90 Perfect <6xP>

            28 (20) 118 <2xP>

            Comment


            • Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                slay
                Forever Young

                Comment


                • that's decent sales in this climate where almost nobody is buying physical music anymore other than for special event releases by artists such as Taylor Swift or Adele
                  "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

                  Comment


                  • Swiss Charts

                    65 (68) 91 Perfect <6xP>

                    25 (28) 119 <2xP>

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by marcsgirl85 View Post
                      that's decent sales in this climate where almost nobody is buying physical music anymore other than for special event releases by artists such as Taylor Swift or Adele
                      yea he is killing it tbh
                      Forever Young

                      Comment


                      • It's definitely great that he's still pulling those numbers in his weakest market. Other artists would love to have those results in their best market.
                        Don't need hindsight
                        I'll make my emotions clear
                        And then disappear
                        With one strike
                        (All Saints)

                        Comment


                        • Denmark:
                          7 (7) Divide 117 weeks (No. 1 for 36 weeks)

                          109 weeks in the top 10 now... 4 more weeks to break the all-time record (his own 'X').
                          Don't need hindsight
                          I'll make my emotions clear
                          And then disappear
                          With one strike
                          (All Saints)

                          Comment


                          • Portugal:
                            1 (14) Divide 101 weeks (No. 1 for 2 weeks) *re-peak*

                            What the ! I think that's a new record, beating Ana Moura's 'Moura' charting at No. 1 in its 90th charting week...
                            Don't need hindsight
                            I'll make my emotions clear
                            And then disappear
                            With one strike
                            (All Saints)

                            Comment


                            • NZ:
                              7 (6) Divide 120 weeks (No. 1 for 36 weeks)

                              116 weeks in the top 10 now...
                              Don't need hindsight
                              I'll make my emotions clear
                              And then disappear
                              With one strike
                              (All Saints)

                              Comment


                              • Who is still streaming this in NZ haha like why
                                Forever Young

                                Comment


                                • Swiss Charts

                                  61 (65) 92 Perfect <6xP>

                                  25 (25) 120 <2xP>

                                  It looks like he's releasing another single from his upcoming collaboration project this Friday, so "Perfect" most likely leaves the charts soon as an artist is only allowed to have three songs on the Swiss Charts as a lead artist. A shame, would have been quite epic to see Ed getting two songs with 100+ weeks on the charts. He would have been the first artist to do so!

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                    Swiss Charts

                                    61 (65) 92 Perfect <6xP>

                                    25 (25) 120 <2xP>

                                    It looks like he's releasing another single from his upcoming collaboration project this Friday, so "Perfect" most likely leaves the charts soon as an artist is only allowed to have three songs on the Swiss Charts as a lead artist. A shame, would have been quite epic to see Ed getting two songs with 100+ weeks on the charts. He would have been the first artist to do so!
                                    That is such a weird rule!
                                    Forever Young

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                      That is such a weird rule!
                                      The UK has the same rules. Otherwise artists like Ed, Drake and others would have too many entries (especially during album release week) so it makes sense in some situations...

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                        The UK has the same rules. Otherwise artists like Ed, Drake and others would have too many entries (especially during album release week) so it makes sense in some situations...
                                        Compleetly agree. Otheewise, on the follow up week you have like 20 new songs entering, it gives some stability to the chart
                                        As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                          The UK has the same rules. Otherwise artists like Ed, Drake and others would have too many entries (especially during album release week) so it makes sense in some situations...
                                          but that reflects the popular songs of the week ha
                                          Forever Young

                                          Comment


                                          • USA

                                            BB Dance Club Songs

                                            Issue 07/06

                                            #32 lw#35 I don't care

                                            Comment


                                            • NZ:
                                              7 (7) Divide 121 weeks (No. 1 for 36 weeks)

                                              117 weeks in the top 10 now... It's impressive that that amount would easily guarantee him the all-time record in most countries. But in NZ, his 'x' is still leading far in distance. You could say that he basically owns the NZ music market...

                                              Ireland:
                                              9 (13) Divide 121 weeks (No. 1 for 28 weeks)

                                              101st week in the top 10... Moving closer to 2 whole years in there!
                                              Last edited by theMathematician; Sat June 29th, 2019, 00:28.
                                              Don't need hindsight
                                              I'll make my emotions clear
                                              And then disappear
                                              With one strike
                                              (All Saints)

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                NZ:
                                                7 (7) Divide 121 weeks (No. 1 for 36 weeks)

                                                117 weeks in the top 10 now... It's impressive that that amount would easily guarantee him the all-time record in most countries. But in NZ, his 'x' is still leading far in distance. You could say that he basically owns the NZ music market...

                                                Ireland:
                                                9 (13) Divide 121 weeks (No. 1 for 28 weeks)

                                                101st week in the top 10... Moving closer to 2 whole years in there!
                                                haha he basically owns NZ and Aus for the most part. his music really lands well with the pop music in these areas anyways
                                                Forever Young

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                  NZ:
                                                  7 (7) Divide 121 weeks (No. 1 for 36 weeks)

                                                  117 weeks in the top 10 now... It's impressive that that amount would easily guarantee him the all-time record in most countries. But in NZ, his 'x' is still leading far in distance. You could say that he basically owns the NZ music market...

                                                  Ireland:
                                                  9 (13) Divide 121 weeks (No. 1 for 28 weeks)

                                                  101st week in the top 10... Moving closer to 2 whole years in there!
                                                  haha he basically owns NZ and Aus for the most part. his music really lands well with the pop music in these areas anyways
                                                  Forever Young

                                                  Comment


                                                  • That's true! He is a monster in those two countries. Thanks for appreciating chart dominance, too, [MENTION=22521]Loveguru[/MENTION]!
                                                    Don't need hindsight
                                                    I'll make my emotions clear
                                                    And then disappear
                                                    With one strike
                                                    (All Saints)

                                                    Comment


                                                    • NZ:
                                                      9 (7) Divide 122 weeks (No. 1 for 36 weeks)

                                                      118 weeks in the top 10 now...

                                                      Ireland:
                                                      9 (9) Divide 122 weeks (No. 1 for 28 weeks)

                                                      102nd week in the top 10... Only 2 more weeks!
                                                      Don't need hindsight
                                                      I'll make my emotions clear
                                                      And then disappear
                                                      With one strike
                                                      (All Saints)

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Swiss Charts

                                                        Out (70) 93 Perfect <6xP>

                                                        28 (27) 122 <2xP>

                                                        As expected, "Perfect" has to leave the chart due to the 3-song-rule.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • NZ:
                                                          7 (9) Divide 123 weeks (No. 1 for 36 weeks)

                                                          119 weeks in the top 10 now...

                                                          Ireland:
                                                          10 (9) Divide 123 weeks (No. 1 for 28 weeks)

                                                          103rd week in the top 10... Only 1 more week!
                                                          Don't need hindsight
                                                          I'll make my emotions clear
                                                          And then disappear
                                                          With one strike
                                                          (All Saints)

                                                          Comment


                                                          • this albums own NZ
                                                            Forever Young

                                                            Comment


                                                            • UK

                                                              9 (15)

                                                              Up to #8 in Monday's midweeks.

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X