This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
    MJ has 10M followers on Spotify, Madonna 3,1 so I'm not surprised. And he is dead, therefore the comparison does not stand.
    Read this article: Years After Death Michael Jackson is Breaking Records in Album Sales
    I think you are doing a mess with numbers.
    Madonna has 3,1 follower on YouTube, not on Spotify, and over 14 millions listener on Spotify

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
      Well, definitely not in US:

Caution 1st week US SEA:

Madame X 1st week US SEA:

Regarding how long did it take Caution to reach 67 million. It has 10 tracks, not 15.
      And it doesn't have Maluma and Anitta featurings, whose tracks account for 57% of the album total streams right now.

None of them two is doing good on streaming, as it's expected.
      No need at all to bring Mariah as an example of worse streaming, as Madonna's songs without featurings are doing similar numbers.
      5 songs from MX had already be released before the album, they don't count Medellin streams in 1st week. Plus Madonna is bigger worldwide than US.
      Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
      Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by paperinobz View Post
        I think you are doing a mess with numbers.
        Madonna has 3,1 follower on YouTube, not on Spotify, and over 14 millions listener on Spotify
        Madonna has 3.1 followers on Spotify. 3,128,950 to be exact and that's how many people bothered to go to her page and follow her. Monthly listeners is a come and go stat. Once she is out of an album/tour cycle that number will drop. And it's enough that someone randomly listens to her song once on some playlist to get added to monthly listeners. So while it's great she has that number, it doesn't say much TBH.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilPray View Post
          5 songs from MX had already be released before the album, they don't count Medellin streams in 1st week. Plus Madonna is bigger worldwide than US.
          ?
          They counted Medellín streams THAT week. As with everybody else. Obviously they're not goin to add all previously released songs' streams to the 1st week figure.

Caution also had 4 songs released before the album.

I know she's having more streams outside US, while Mariah had more streams in US than abroad.

That doesn't change the fact that, songs with hot artists featured aside, Madame X streams are not that much higher than Caution's.
          So I don't think that example was on point as she, per se, is not doing that much better on streaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigMancs View Post
            Madonna fans like myself are older (I'm 40), we don't have time to sit and stream songs and videos 24hrs a day like kids can, we have a life and things to do. That's why older artists suffer when it comes to streaming, that's why the charts are now built against them. If you take out streaming for all artists and just went back to CD sales etc like it used to be, she would be doing great.

I've seen fans of the teeny bopper artists like Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift talk about streaming the videos all day and night. People over 30 (Madonna's fan base) are working, with family etc.
            Agree entirely

Comment

• I get the points, but Madonna is +60 guys, let's be real she's not going to score big numbers on any streaming platform (how many females over 60 are?). I've been telling you, this is why she got Maluma and Anitta, she needs an extra push on those platforms but I don't think it's her fault, she's doing what she can to attract new audiences on platforms like Spotify or Youtube.

The pure sales are cute and everything but they will drop hard on second week. The full picture includes streaming units in the music's current scene. Albums are not judged again on pure sales alone, take Shakira's last album as example it sold like what? 200K pure sales worldwide? yet the album was so massive on streaming that it ended up with like 2,8million units and considered a big success because of it. So yeah, in 2019 things are different and there are other forms of consuming music and streaming is just more important than the pure sales these days. We'll have to accept it.
              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Do we know how many copies came from bundles in US?

Comment

?
                  They counted Medellín streams THAT week. As with everybody else. Obviously they're not goin to add all previously released songs' streams to the 1st week figure.

Caution also had 4 songs released before the album.

I know she's having more streams outside US, while Mariah had more streams in US than abroad.

That doesn't change the fact that, songs with hot artists featured aside, Madame X streams are not that much higher than Caution's.
                  So I don't think that example was on point as she, per se, is not doing that much better on streaming.
                  MX has just been released, let’s see its number in 8 months!!

Great to see under a sale point of view MX sold in 1 week what Mariah sold in 8 months, considering Usa has always been Mariah’s best market.

Both are legend and deserves respect, they both delivered 2 amazing album .

Comment

Do we know how many copies came from bundles in US?
                    We don't know, but my guess is that she would have pulled similar numbers to Bruce if she had not pulled the ticket bundle. So my bet is 50K-60K without ticket bundles and 30K-40K coming from the bundle.
                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Well, definitely not in US:

Caution 1st week US SEA:

Madame X 1st week US SEA:

Regarding how long did it take Caution to reach 67 million. It has 10 tracks, not 15.
                      And it doesn't have Maluma and Anitta featurings, whose tracks account for 57% of the album total streams right now.

None of them two is doing good on streaming, as it's expected.
                      No need at all to bring Mariah as an example of worse streaming, as Madonna's songs without featurings are doing similar numbers.
                      Madame X peaks

US #1
                      UK #2
                      Australia #2
                      Netherland #2
                      Italy #2
                      France #4
                      Germany #5
                      Japan #11

Caution peaks

US #5
                      UK #40
                      Australia #15
                      Netherland #38
                      Italy #35
                      France #71
                      Germany #67
                      Japan #30

Comment

• Originally posted by MadonnaIcon View Post
                        Madame X peaks
                        Caution peaks
                        Why are users like this one not banned yet? Madonna's fans are bigger trolls here than haters.

Comment

• Bundle is a norm and used since ages by thousands of act, Mariah,Cher also used it lately..... but it’s a drama if is Madonna who benefits from it..

Comment

?
                            Medellin biggest numbers happened the first weeks of the release, now it didn't even help the album that much.

Originally posted by nympho View Post

I Rise, Crazy, God Control are doing good for album tracks and they gonna probably outstream The Distance by Mariah, which was a single and features a big Spotify artist, who has 24 million listeners right now. Each MX song would probably reach 1 million plays this week, while Caution took some weeks. If not a month. I mean, Caution lowest streamed song on Spotify is Portrait with 2.444 million after 7 months, you think that Extreme Occident that already has 744k streams in one week, will not have more streams in 7 months from now?
                            Last edited by DevilPray; Sun June 23rd, 2019, 18:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                              Bundle is a norm and used since ages by thousands of act, Mariah,Cher also used it lately..... but it’s a drama if is Madonna who benefits from it..
                              There's a bundle on Celine's new album, we all know she's going to come out tops between the three.
                              Will there be this drama in her thread?

Comment

Bundle is a norm and used since ages by thousands of act, Mariah,Cher also used it lately..... but it’s a drama if is Madonna who benefits from it..
                                Everybody does bundles, it shouldn't be viewed as a cheat at this point. Mariah can't work a bundle like Madonna because she isn't known as a great touring artist. With bundles and opening week sales, it isn't just how many tickets you can sell but how quickly they sell. Mariah is lucky to sell a 1/3 of available tickets in a first week bundle window, with her ticket sales slowly coming along as dates approach.

The fact that fans of both of these women go to such great lengths to pit these two against each other is crazy. If you like one and not the other fine, but music isn't an Olympic sport. Be happy that you got a solid album from an artist that you like (which is not guaranteed with artists this long in the tooth, LOL) and move on.

Comment

• I don't see any drama because of Madonna's bundles, in fact most people are happy that she actually did that. It did wonders for her in US.

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                                    Everybody does bundles, it shouldn't be viewed as a cheat at this point. Mariah can't work a bundle like Madonna because she isn't known as a great touring artist. With bundles and opening week sales, it isn't just how many tickets you can sell but how quickly they sell. Mariah is lucky to sell a 1/3 of available tickets in a first week bundle window, with her ticket sales slowly coming along as dates approach.

The fact that fans of both of these women go to such great lengths to pit these two against each other is crazy. If you like one and not the other fine, but music isn't an Olympic sport. Be happy that you got a solid album from an artist that you like (which is not guaranteed with artists this long in the tooth, LOL) and move on.
                                    It wasn’t me who bring Mariah , neither the bundle talk here.....
                                    And in my last post I only spoke for Madonna part,

I think both Cher and Mariah did an amazing move making the bundle: and I applaud that!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                      I don't see any drama because of Madonna's bundles, in fact most people are happy that she actually did that. It did wonders for her in US.
                                      Because there’s no drama...
                                      Someone asked how many copies came from bundle and suddenly Candyshop says that if Madonna does a bundle it’s a drama. And people starts talking about that supposed drama that never existed... And that’s how it goes.

The copies coming from bundles have been discussed with every artist. From Pink to Shania, Jonas Brothers, Cher or Mariah.
                                      So if it’s published, discussed and analyzed how many of Madame X came from bundles, it doesn’t mean it’s a drama.
                                      Some of you really start the drama when there’s any of it.

Comment

It wasn’t me who bring Mariah , neither the bundle talk here.....
                                        And in my last post I only spoke for Madonna part,

I think both Cher and Mariah did an amazing move making the bundle: and I applaud that!!!
                                        I know, I wasn't accusing you of anything.

Comment

Because there’s no drama...
                                          Someone asked how many copies came from bundle and suddenly Candyshop says that if Madonna does a bundle it’s a drama. And people starts talking about that supposed drama that never existed... And that’s how it goes.

The copies coming from bundles have been discussed with every artist. From Pink to Shania, Jonas Brothers, Cher or Mariah.
                                          So if it’s published, discussed and analyzed how many of Madame X came from bundles, it doesn’t mean it’s a drama.
                                          Some of you really start the drama when there’s any of it.
                                          Yeah, definitely not drama at all.

Some people just need to calm down

Comment

• Look, I'm going to be completely honest with you guys; I follow a few threads in UkMix but this one is absolutely one of the worst. There's been multiple infractions and complaints about people starting drama, and then someone else immediately starts more drama. It's really messy and as someone who isn't a massive fan of Madonna I just needed to point that out.

I'm done looking at this era here, but I'm really happy with Madonna's sales at this point in her career and hope the album has legs throughout the summer.

Comment

• Bundles are a great idea and I’m sure a lot of people in the industry applaud it. It’s a great way to move physical and digital copies and a good source of revenue. Younger acts are even releasing albums in streaming and digital formats only so this is good. As quirky as it is, the cassette thing is also cute.
                                              “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• So, Madonna('s team) posted fake printscreen from twitter (probably from fans) about her hitting #1 in US, and she already thanked fans, oh god, I really hope Billboard doesn't change the rules last minute and have her at #2

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                  So, Madonna('s team) posted fake printscreen from twitter (probably from fans) about her hitting #1 in US, and she already thanked fans, oh god, I really hope Billboard doesn't change the rules last minute and have her at #2
                                                  There's no way to miss #1 lol, the predictions are 90% right. The second position has 30k difference.

Comment

• It just got confirmed she's #1 wiht 95k sales (90k pure).

Comment

There's no way to miss #1 lol, the predictions are 90% right. The second position has 30k difference.
                                                      We don't know if her team messed up with bundles an Billboard ends up excluding those sales (it happened recently)... It's not 100% yet.

Comment

• Madonna Achieves Ninth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Madame X'

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...oard-200-chart

(c) Billboard: Chart Beat
                                                        6/23/2019 by Keith Caulfield

Plus: Bruce Springsteen and Bastille debut in top 10.

X marks the No. 1 spot.

Madonna lands her ninth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart as Madame X enters atop the tally. The set, released via Interscope Records on June 14, launches with 95,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending June 20, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 90,000 were in album sales.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units are comprised of traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new June 29-dated chart, where Madame X bows at No. 1, will be posted in full on Billboard's websites on June 25.

Overall, Madame X’s debut sum of 95,000 equivalent album units is comprised of 90,000 in album sales, 1,000 in TEA units and 4,000 in SEA units.

Madame X grants Madonna her ninth leader on the Billboard 200. She last led the list in 2012, with MDNA. Here’s a look at all of Madonna’s No. 1 albums: Madame X, MDNA, Hard Candy (2008), Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005), American Life (2003), Music (2000), Like a Prayer (1989), True Blue (1986) and Like a Virgin (1985).

Madonna continues to have the second-most No. 1 albums among female artists, trailing only Barbra Streisand, who has 11. Among all acts, The Beatles have the most No. 1s, with 19. They are followed by Jay-Z (14), Streisand and Bruce Springsteen (both with 11), Elvis Presley (10), Eminem, Garth Brooks, Madonna and The Rolling Stones (all with nine).

Madonna is a frequent visitor to the top 10 of the Billboard 200, having notched at least four top 10 albums in each of the last four decades (‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s and ‘10s). Madame X marks her 22nd top 10, and fourth of the ‘10s. Earlier in the decade, she reached the region with her last studio effort, Rebel Heart (No. 2 in 2015), MDNA (No. 1, 2012) and the live album Sticky & Sweet Tour (No. 10, 2010).

Madonna Earns 47th No. 1 On Dance Club Songs Chart With Maluma Collab 'Medellin'
                                                        Madonna’s first top 10 came nearly 35 years ago, when her self-titled debut album climbed 12-10 on the Oct. 6, 1984-dated chart. It eventually peaked at No. 8 two weeks later (Oct. 20). The diva would place five top 10s in the ‘80s, seven in the ‘90s, six in the ‘00s and now four in the ‘10s.

The Rolling Stones have the most top 10s in the history of the Billboard 200, with 37. They are followed by Streisand (34), The Beatles (32), Frank Sinatra (32), Presley (27), Bob Dylan (22), Madonna (22), George Strait (21), Elton John (20), Paul McCartney/Wings (20) and Springsteen (20).

Madame X’s debut week was comprised of 90,000 in album sales, which is the fourth-largest sales week for an album in 2019 by a woman. The album’s sales were bolstered by a concert ticket/album sale redemption offer with the Queen of Pop’s upcoming theater tour (starting on Sept. 12 in New York at Brooklyn's Howard Gilman Opera House), as well as an array of merchandise/album bundles sold via her official website.

Madonna Earns 47th No. 1 On Dance Club Songs Chart With Maluma Collab 'Medellin'
                                                        Madame X was led by the track “Medellín,” with Maluma, which climbs 2-1 on the Dance Club Songs chart dated June 29, marking Madonna’s 47th leader on the tally. (The chart, like the Billboard 200, will refresh on Billboard’s website on Tuesday, June 25.) “Medellín” also reached the top 20 on the Hot Latin Songs chart.

Before Madame X dropped, four more preview cuts were issued: “I Rise,” “Future,” with Quavo, “Crave,” with Swae Lee, and “Dark Ballet.” “Crave” recently debuted on the Adult Contemporary airplay chart, and holds at No. 15 on the most recently published list (dated June 22).

At No. 2 on the new Billboard 200, Springsteen’s Western Stars debuts, marking his 20th top 10 effort. The set begins with 66,000 equivalent album units (of which 62,000 were in album sales). Springsteen first hit the top 10 back in 1975, when Born to Run sprinted 84-8 in its second week on the list (dated Sept. 20, 1975). The Boss last hit the top 10 in 2016 with the retrospective compilation release Chapter and Verse (debuting and peaking at No. 5).

Bruce Springsteen Returns to SoCal on 'Western Stars': Stream It Now
                                                        Western Stars was led by the radio-promoted single “Hello Sunshine,” which has peaked at No. 23 on the Adult Alternative Songs airplay chart.

Fun fact for chart watchers: With Madonna and Springsteen at Nos. 1 and 2 on the new Billboard 200, it’s the first time the Queen of Pop and The Boss have been in the top two together since 1985. The last time they were buddies in the top two (and the only time before this week) was for four weeks in January and February that year. On the charts dated Jan. 26 and Feb. 2, 1985, Springsteen’s Born in the U.S.A. and Madonna’s Like a Virgin were Nos. 1 and 2, respectively. Then, the titles flipped ranks on Feb. 9 and Feb. 16. (Born spent a total of seven weeks at No. 1 and Virgin ruled for three weeks.)
                                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Confirmed, yay. 100k+ would’ve been nice but oh well.

Comment

• Congrats and well done.
                                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Does anyone know if ticket bundles will be reported in upcoming weeks too (like Cher does it, P!nk, like it happened with Janet and Mariah if I'm not wrong), or that's it, for first week only?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X