X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bojan View Post
    Some are even in their 60s.
    Well, I'm from Greece and I have to say that even though there's a lot of truth in that I noticed that these past few years things have changed and is hard for veteran acts to get new hits now. Anna Vissi, one of Greece's biggest stars, managed to have hits up until a few years ago but now that she's over 60 her new work isn't played on the radio. She still manages to fill up concert halls but her new albums go somewhat unnoticed. And she is just one example, I just mentioned her in particular because she seemed unstoppable up until recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
      9/14/19 Billboard charts:

Top Current Albums

82 (85) 12 Madonna - Madame X
      Oh wow two weeks increasing!! Could you please share the chart run??? Will be interesting to see if the new dates + tour start push a few more sales.

And btw, I do keep thinking that what it didn’t work sales wise was that the album has a lot of Spanish/Portuguese and Anglo audiences don’t like that, I don’t see the fans in Japan or Germany singing song to ‘Bitch I’m Loca’ or ‘Faz Gostoso’, they didn’t even supported ‘Medellin’ back in April so that would have been an indicator of things to happen...

Comment

• Spotify 09.09.2019

Madame X (Deluxe) 100.944.217 (+294.955)

Comment

• [MENTION=62067]NoirPhoenix[/MENTION]: Every now and then, Spanish songs end up becoming hits in Germany. In fact, there's a German band exclusively singing in Spanish that used to have a few hits a few years ago (Marquess). But... For someone like Madonna, the first single is usually an indicator of how the people will react towards the era as a whole. And 'Medellin' was not quite a 'Hung Up' in that regard.
          Don't need hindsight
          I'll make my emotions clear
          And then disappear
          With one strike
          (All Saints)

Comment

• Medellin is eligible for 2 or 3 Latin Platinum Certification in The USA and Faz Gostoso is eligible for Platinum in Brazil, but i don't understand her record label doesn't care or what?
            Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              Madame X would've opened around 150k if she toured arenas with ticket bundle thing.
              This can still happen with a second leg of the tour. I really think it's likely, Madame X is so unpredictable.

Comment

• Daily Spotify Streams for Sept. 9, 2019

1.Medellín 36.287.766 +83.492
                2. Dark Ballet 3.844.227 +10.077
                3. God Control 3.988.105 +14.771
                4. Future 6.875.216 +14.506
                5. Batuka 2.243.787 +7.600
                6. Killers Who Are Partying 2.072.347 +6.542
                7. Crave 7.588.724 +17.890
                8. Crazy 3.136.910 +9.783
                9. Come Alive 1.999.843 +6.771
                10. Extreme Occident 1.773.620 +5.948
                11. Faz Gostoso 18.907.405 +85.532
                12. Bitch I'm Loca 3.075.714 +11.097
                13. I Don't Search I Find 2.288.311 +7.302
                14. Looking For Mercy 1.837.651 +5.960
                15. I Rise 5.024.591 +7.684

Daily Streams: 294.955
                Total Spotify streams: 100.944.217

God Control should hit 4 Million today and Come Alive should hit 2 million today.

Whoever thinks streams are bad for any of the tracks should really look at Rebel Heart, as that album has tracks that haven’t hit 2 million after 4 years.

Comment

• Is Spotify the only measure of commercial success now? Radio plays are irrelevant and nobody cares about those charts anymore?

Comment

• Comparing MX to RH streams is just wrong. First of all, it was 4 years ago and streams weren't this important. Second, we're talking about an album leaked months ago. Ofc, streams would be low. Just look at Future, a song performed at Eurovision and it still haven't reached 7m streams. If it isn't terrible, then i don't know what is.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• A performance that was universally panned was supposed to do what? Make the song a streaming hit? And the song is also hated among her fan base a lot. Yawn...
                      I have received many gifts from God,
                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungAndReckless View Post
                        Well, I'm from Greece and I have to say that even though there's a lot of truth in that I noticed that these past few years things have changed and is hard for veteran acts to get new hits now. Anna Vissi, one of Greece's biggest stars, managed to have hits up until a few years ago but now that she's over 60 her new work isn't played on the radio. She still manages to fill up concert halls but her new albums go somewhat unnoticed. And she is just one example, I just mentioned her in particular because she seemed unstoppable up until recently.
                        Well in all honesty she hasn't made a half-decent song in ages. But other than that I think other veterans are doing pretty well when they do release music (because most of them simply don't nowadays because there is no money in releasing music anymore)
                        jio CHARTS NOW:13/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10430510

Comment

• SPAIN(Sales)
                          59 (37) 12 Madame X

Comment

Comparing MX to RH streams is just wrong. First of all, it was 4 years ago and streams weren't this important. Second, we're talking about an album leaked months ago. Ofc, streams would be low. Just look at Future, a song performed at Eurovision and it still haven't reached 7m streams. If it isn't terrible, then i don't know what is.
                            I knew you or someone would say this about streaming 4 years ago. That's a ridiculous statement that I keep hearing. The songs with barely 2 million from Rebel Heart were not leaked. Yes more people are streaming and if they wanted to seek out older songs they would.

Comment

• Remove Medellin and Faz Gostoso and the album has 45 million streams for 13 tracks. If you wanna be happy with those figures, go on be happy. But i find those numbers terrible, it'll be a while for her to have another 10m streamed song from Madame X.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I based my comment on the individual tracks, not it's overall total. They should all be at 2 million or more by the end of the year.

Comment

• Madame X +100Million Streams in less than 6 months is very good for Madonna, that matters the streaming is not distributed in all the songs, then remove BIM from RH and compare the results in the its first 6 months.

Comment

Remove Medellin and Faz Gostoso and the album has 45 million streams for 13 tracks. If you wanna be happy with those figures, go on be happy. But i find those numbers terrible, it'll be a while for her to have another 10m streamed song from Madame X.
                                    What does this supposed to mean? If you remove the singles from Most of the albums, of course their streamings are poor. Look at Maluma’s numbers, or Anitta’s album numbers. Only singles did well for Maluma. None of the Anitta’s songs did awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                      I knew you or someone would say this about streaming 4 years ago. That's a ridiculous statement that I keep hearing. The songs with barely 2 million from Rebel Heart were not leaked. Yes more people are streaming and if they wanted to seek out older songs they would.
                                      There s only one with song less than 2m, it's at 1,956,715, and it did leak. Stop lying. And the only song that didn't leak was Ghosttown, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally posted by flotando View Post
                                      What does this supposed to mean? If you remove the singles from Most of the albums, of course their streamings are poor. Look at Maluma’s numbers, or Anitta’s album numbers. Only singles did well for Maluma. None of the Anitta’s songs did awesome.
                                      Because in this case streaming numbers are boosted only by those 2 songs, the rest of the songs have poor streaming, and she's not even close to getting next 10m streamed song, let alone it being solo song.

Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                                      Madame X +100Million Streams in less than 6 months is very good for Madonna, that matters the streaming is not distributed in all the songs, then remove BIM from RH and compare the results in the its first 6 months.
                                      1. Streaming wasn't as big in 2015.
                                      2. RH would've still won.

I see that this type of conversation will happen every few days...

Comment

• I Rise 12” maxi single will be released on Record Store Day - Black Friday on November 29th, 2019. Black vinyl will include 6 remixes on one record:
                                        Side One:
                                        1.Tracy Young Pride Extended Remix 6:32
                                        2.Kue Drops The Funk Remix 5:56
                                        3.Daybreakers Remix 5:24
                                        Side Two:
                                        1.Thomas Gold Remix 3:17
                                        2.DJLW Remix 4:36
                                        3.Offer Nissim Remix 6:56

Source: @drownedmadonnacom

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                          There s only one with song less than 2m, it's at 1,956,715, and it did leak. Stop lying. And the only song that didn't leak was Ghosttown, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Because in this case streaming numbers are boosted only by those 2 songs, the rest of the songs have poor streaming, and she's not even close to getting next 10m streamed song, let alone it being solo song.

1. Streaming wasn't as big in 2015.
                                          2. RH would've still won.

I see that this type of conversation will happen every few days...
                                          Dont you dare talk to me this way!!

And this comment about "streaming wasn't strong 4 year ago" means that her older hits would have no streaming. It's a ridiculous comment each time it's written.
                                          Last edited by music126; Tue September 10th, 2019, 19:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                                            Madame X +100Million Streams in less than 6 months is very good for Madonna
                                            Yeah! Go M-dolla

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                              Dont you dare talk to me this way!!

And this comment about "streaming wasn't strong 4 year ago" means that her older hits would have no streaming. It's a ridiculous comment each time it's written.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                We all wish.

Comment

• May I please remind you all that any kind of personal abuse will not be tolerated on UKMiX!
                                                  trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                                  trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• COMMENTS, in this thread or any other thread for that matter, on ANY user previously or currently banned or going through a banning period will get an instant infraction.
                                                    trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                                    trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Crave falls off the 9/14 Billboard AC chart after 14 weeks on.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                                        Crave falls off the 9/14 Billboard AC chart after 14 weeks on.
                                                        I'm amazed by the fact that it even charted tbh.
                                                        Originally posted by WhatTheHell
                                                        Voice of the truth here!! :(

Comment

• It would've been great if it had more support to push it into top 10 of AC format.
                                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Madame X Spotify
                                                            Sept. 10, 2019
                                                            +302,403

Comment

• ^^^Thx

Comment

Working...
                                                              X