Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna :: The "Madame X" Era

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MadonnaIcon View Post
    She should've invested more in Crave. Great song.
    Before the tour kicks off, an SNL performance would be nice

    Comment


    • Originally posted by joao View Post
      Actually, her streams will count towards the album charts even if they are not big enough to put any of the tracks in the singles chart. It's not required that a song is a hit for its streams to count towards the album SPS.
      Did all the streams of the individual pre-released tracks count toward the album's 1st week? (If so, the strategy in releasing 5 songs before the album doesn't seem so bizarre of a strategy after all.)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by alexiscolby View Post
        Did all the streams of the individual pre-released tracks count toward the album's 1st week? (If so, the strategy in releasing 5 songs before the album doesn't seem so bizarre of a strategy after all.)
        Obviously not.
        They count for the album total SPS for certification purposes.
        But for 1st week sales only sales and streams of that week are counted.

        Comment


        • Thanks to holidayguy

          USA Mediabase

          AC
          (13) 13 MADONNA Crave 808 709 +99 3.625

          +14 Spins
          -8 Bullet
          +0.048 Audience

          HOT AC
          (35) 35 MADONNA Crave 342 348 -6 0.529

          +8 Spins
          +6 Bullet
          +0.014 Audience 

          Comment


          • Originally posted by nympho View Post
            It hasnít been posted if Iím not wrong.

            Billboard Dance/MixShow Airplay
            37 (New) I Rise

            This chart is solely based in radio airplay of dance radio stations.

            Itís charting thanks to a Dance Remixes EP sent to radios and clubs, being the Tracey Young remix the one getting most spins.
            I did not know some official remixes of I rise were released 😳

            Comment


            • Originally posted by alexiscolby View Post
              Did all the streams of the individual pre-released tracks count toward the album's 1st week? (If so, the strategy in releasing 5 songs before the album doesn't seem so bizarre of a strategy after all.)
              There's nothing bizarre there. Releasing buzz singles is good in the streaming age, it gives fans time to spin the songs and due to the fact that only a handful songs are released they get more streams than they would get if they got released with the rest of the album. And they also potentially see if songs have what it takes to turn them into proper singles (though in MX case it seems they wanted to release songs that had some kind of meaning to Madonna, rather than looking for a mainstream hit). Future and I Rise would probably be around 2m with the rest of the album tracks if they weren't released as buzz singles before the album release...
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
              .

              Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

              Comment


              • Billboard China Airplay Chart (Foreign Language):

                31 (20) 3 Future [PK #20]
                41 (RE) 5 Medellin [PK #12]

                Crave dropped off from #22 after 1 week.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                  SPOTIFY MADAME X 10/07/2018
                  05,465,880 (+039,331) 4. Future
                  This song is so boring. Dark Ballet and God Control would deserve to have over 5M on Spotify.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MadonnaIcon View Post
                    This song is so boring. Dark Ballet and God Control would deserve to have over 5M on Spotify.
                    This is chart analysis.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by alexiscolby View Post
                      Before the tour kicks off, an SNL performance would be nice
                      Live performance? A normal promo of the album? Nope.
                      Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                      Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                        There's nothing bizarre there. Releasing buzz singles is good in the streaming age, it gives fans time to spin the songs and due to the fact that only a handful songs are released they get more streams than they would get if they got released with the rest of the album. And they also potentially see if songs have what it takes to turn them into proper singles (though in MX case it seems they wanted to release songs that had some kind of meaning to Madonna, rather than looking for a mainstream hit). Future and I Rise would probably be around 2m with the rest of the album tracks if they weren't released as buzz singles before the album release...
                        On the other hand, if these songs had been marketed post-album release instead then the resulting streaming could have helped the album position, no?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by alexiscolby View Post
                          On the other hand, if these songs had been marketed post-album release instead then the resulting streaming could have helped the album position, no?
                          They could, along the way, but that would probably result in lower 1st week sales, since not so many people would have been aware of the album and its songs in the week of release. For artists whose album are very frontloaded, like Madonna, that would probably mean an even worse chart run.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by joao View Post
                            They could, along the way, but that would probably result in lower 1st week sales, since not so many people would have been aware of the album and its songs in the week of release. For artists whose album are very frontloaded, like Madonna, that would probably mean an even worse chart run.
                            Oh please, this is a non sense, it's not like anyone other than fans streamed those songs, which is shown in its tragic numbers.

                            Releasing so many tracks week after week only had negative effect since each new song received less hype, less support from Spotify and worse reaction from fans...

                            Not to mention how much they messed up and had no clear plan what actual single was which is why here we are weeks after its release with NO single at all.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by joao View Post
                              They could, along the way, but that would probably result in lower 1st week sales, since not so many people would have been aware of the album and its songs in the week of release. For artists whose album are very frontloaded, like Madonna, that would probably mean an even worse chart run.
                              In that case, I'm glad her team did whatever they needed to...#1 is more noteworthy than weeks on chart.

                              Comment


                              • HUNGARY

                                13 (12) 3 Madame X [PK #3]

                                Comment


                                • ^Very Nice
                                  Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by bitchshesmadonna View Post
                                    UK Mids with sales

                                    21 36 1,451 255 -41.1 MADAME X MADONNA
                                    FINAL WARNING!
                                    You have been requested to credit the source and provide a link!
                                    We wish not to receive another complaint and cease and desist notice from The Official Charts Company
                                    trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                    trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

                                    Comment


                                    • Madonna is 162 on Spotify Top Artists. I think she never was that high

                                      Maybe next week she will fall down cause Madame X is already a month old

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                        This is chart analysis.
                                        MadonnaIcon makes a valid point. He is analysing the performance of those 2 songs compared to Future.
                                        It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                                        But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by flotando View Post
                                          Madonna is 162 on Spotify Top Artists. I think she never was that high

                                          Maybe next week she will fall down cause Madame X is already a month old
                                          Yes, I don't think I've ever seen her with so many Spotify views. It's nice to see.
                                          It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                                          But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                            Oh please, this is a non sense, it's not like anyone other than fans streamed those songs, which is shown in its tragic numbers.

                                            Releasing so many tracks week after week only had negative effect since each new song received less hype, less support from Spotify and worse reaction from fans...

                                            Not to mention how much they messed up and had no clear plan what actual single was which is why here we are weeks after its release with NO single at all.
                                            You talk about their decisions as being bad, and of course everyone can notice they did not work NOW that they had already failed. It's easy to talk from the point of view of now, when we already have the results. But the whole point in releasing singles is to TRY to get a hit. Dozens of artists release singles every week, but only a few of these end up becoming hits. The fact that someone releases a single and it doesn't become a hit doesn't mean they are dumb. Music is not an exact science, where you can determine the results by simply making everything right. In fact, there is not even right or wrong. Some songs end up becoming surprising hits, while others that had everything to suceed end up failing. There is no exact formula for a hit. So chill the f--- up.

                                            Comment


                                            • Mexico Mixup Music Store Top10 No Official Charts

                                              01 (01) Madame X
                                              Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                              Comment


                                              • Album: Madame X


                                                iTunes:

                                                #30 Belgium (NE)
                                                #39 Italy
                                                #112 United Kingdom (+165)
                                                #113 Greece (NE)
                                                #115 Canada (+159)
                                                #145 Germany
                                                #162 Poland (+8)
                                                #168 Hungary
                                                #171 United States (+91)
                                                #207 Russia
                                                #212 France
                                                #324 Australia (NE)
                                                #343 Japan (NE)
                                                Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                                Comment


                                                • Amazon

                                                  USA #59 in Physical

                                                  Italy #39 2CDS & #74 in Physical

                                                  Spain #60 in Physical
                                                  Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by flotando View Post
                                                    Madonna is 162 on Spotify Top Artists. I think she never was that high

                                                    Maybe next week she will fall down cause Madame X is already a month old
                                                    I think that the push for Stranger Things and with FG and Medellin somehow stable, she’s getting those numbers.

                                                    And the only reason why Future has 5M streams is because of Eurovision, Crave did better on its own.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X