• Originally posted by browlowkid View Post
    Madame X era Youtube update:

Medellin 39,958,404
    I Rise 2,905,471
    Dark Ballet 3,591,083
    Crave 5,038,566
    God Control 5,613,619
    Batuka 2,883,371

Crave is getting only around ~7K views a day, we need to stream this masterpiece more ��
    Faz Gostoso Audio 6.1M
    Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Interscope needs to put the album at a special price if you are really interested in the success of madamex or look for a new commercial strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
        holidayguy:

"Looks like MX drops off the 100-position Top Current Albums chart, after spending 16 weeks on."
        When the Tour visits the new cities, the album will re-enter the Top Current Albums chart, I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
          Interscope needs to put the album at a special price if you are really interested in the success of madamex or look for a new commercial strategy.
          There is nothing left to be done except discount. Too bad they wasted Faz Gostoso, they should've filmed a video for it.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
            Interscope needs to put the album at a special price if you are really interested in the success of madamex or look for a new commercial strategy.
            Indeed they should really discount the album and pur a banner on itunes also discount the physical copies, at least for black friday. I think Faz Gostoso video would still do some help not as much as three months ago, they should have done at least lyric video for it

Comment

• Madame X era Youtube update (all videos including audio uploads)

Medellin 39,958,404
              Medellin (Live) 13,887,700
              Medellin 12,867,274
              Eurovision (Future Live) 9,557,963
              Faz Gostoso 8,121,668
              God Control 5,613,619
              Crave 5,038,566
              Dark Ballet 3,591,083
              I Rise 2,905,471
              Batuka 2,883,371
              Future 2,327,379
              Crave 2,230,054
              Crazy 798,040
              Bitch I'm Loca 723,612
              I Don't Search I Find 639,487
              Killers Who Are Partying 623,961
              Looking For Mercy 571,692
              Extreme Occident 535,758
              Come Alive 500,581

Total: 113,375,683

Its a pity she did not do more live performances, her both live performances gained much more views than her music videos which is weird. Medellin actually did very great if we count together the views of audio, video and live performance it is around 65 million. However the fall to Crave and God Control which are stuck at 5 million views is shocking to me and I dont understand it.

Comment

• I am a hardcore fan and I only watched those videos one or twice.

God Control is interesting, but it is more a short film, where the song is barely heard, than a music video itself. The song has a weird element all over it, with gunshots and a huge choir, and I think it was never meant to be a Youtube hit.

Crave... I love the song but the video has a boring intro and nothing really happens through the whole video. I mean everything is beautiful etc, but I think they didn't work for the "replay value" this time.

Look at Dark Ballet, it's my favorite video this era and Madonna only appears 2 seconds on it.

The general public was never going to eat Dark Ballet or God Control... Maybe if Faz Gostoso had been the second single or the second instant grat... But we will never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by browlowkid View Post
                  Madame X era Youtube update (all videos including audio uploads)

Its a pity she did not do more live performances, her both live performances gained much more views than her music videos which is weird. Medellin actually did very great if we count together the views of audio, video and live performance it is around 65 million. However the fall to Crave and God Control which are stuck at 5 million views is shocking to me and I dont understand it.
                  Cause she didn't promote and she's not 30 years old to have some streaming power even without promo. They prefered to promote the new era through MTV ads, than some Spotify/YouTube adds and promo. I think Medellin and Faz Gostoto could easily be summer hits and boost her views. Crave and Future could chart too. The era got wasted. And i don't believe that the didn't care for charts and success at this era, but just the message. She worked with those pople for a reason, and they didn't take advantage of this.
                  Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                  Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Medellín didn't do "great".... it did horrible for Maluma's standards. Any of his songs featuring a random female latin singer can achieve that in just weeks (days, even). "La respuesta" by Becky G was released days later, has 232 million of views and it still is considered an underperformance
                    Last edited by babyshower; Tue October 15th, 2019, 16:56.

Comment

• Agreed. Most of us accepted the commercial direction Madonna's records are heading into, but calling a song's chart performance great when it didn't reach any certifications or made the charts in some places is a bit of a stretch. Maybe we could summarize the whole situation with the statement 'This time around, her main goal was not to do well on the charts but to forward a certain message, which she might've achieved - or not.'.
                      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                      and everything you stand for?
                      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by babyshower View Post
                        Medellín didn't do "great".... it did horrible for Maluma's standards. Any of his songs featuring a random female latin singer can achieve that in just weeks (days, even). "La respuesta" by Becky G was released days later, has 232 million of views and it still is considered an underperformance
                        How many songs Maluma did with "a random female latin singer"? I don't think Becky G is a random singer. She is exactly the 130th most streamed artist in the whole world right now, higher than Mariah Carey, U2 or Madonna herself, to name a few.

Medellín did not great, nor "horrible". A lot of Maluma songs from his last album had huge streaming artists such as Ozuna (33th most played artist nowadays), Zion & Lennox or Nicky Jam, and none of those tracks did absolutely nothing on Youtube nor on Spotify.

Comment

• I Rise is the new radio single in Italy

Comment

• Spotify 14.10.2019

Madame X (Deluxe) 110.711.153 +231.708

Medellín (with Maluma) 38,999,868
                            Dark Ballet 4,210,552
                            God Control 4,508,844
                            Future (with Quavo) 7,378,970
                            Batuka 2,511,579
                            Killers Who Are Partying 2,310,616
                            Crave (with Swae Lee) 8,150,389
                            Crazy 3,494,289
                            Come Alive 2,247,123
                            Extreme Occident 1,985,508
                            Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 21,548,107
                            Bitch I’m Loca (feat. Maluma) 3,456,270
                            I Don’t Search I Find 2,561,896
                            Looking For Mercy 2,049,429
                            I Rise 5,297,713

Recent days:

04.10.2019 +288.523
                            05.10.2019 +273.701
                            06.10.2019 +225.442
                            07.10.2019 +245.744
                            08.10.2019 +257.058
                            09.10.2019 +258.462
                            10.10.2019 +264.158

11.10.2019 +277.930
                            12.10.2019 +261.307
                            13.10.2019 +217.796
                            14.10.2019 +231.708

Comment

• Originally posted by flotando View Post

Medellín did not great, nor "horrible". A lot of Maluma songs from his last album had huge streaming artists such as Ozuna (33th most played artist nowadays), Zion & Lennox or Nicky Jam, and none of those tracks did absolutely nothing on Youtube nor on Spotify.
                              Those weren’t singles, and thus, weren’t included in Spotify playlists, unlike Medellín. (Not to mention airplay, music video, live performances...)
                              You cannot compare album tracks’ streams to singles streams.
                              Those songs you mention, though, have 26, 13 and 8 million streams respectively so far... They’re far from his singles streams (304M HP, 223M 11 PM...) but I won’t call that “absolutely nothing”.

Comment

• Medellín music video has done good with almost 40M on YouTube.

Comment

• Yes, we can say it did "good"... if we ignore the fact that all of Maluma's MV can EASILY reach 200 million at worst. We have to go ALL THE WAY BACK to 2012 to find another one of his videos with similar amount of views (the forgotten "Miss Independent" is the only one I could find...).

If this was a solo effort, you could say it did just as "good" as her other ones (like Girl Gone Wild, Living For Love and Ghosttown) but if we add Maluma into the mix, the results can only be considered disastrous.
                                  Last edited by babyshower; Wed October 16th, 2019, 03:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                    Those weren’t singles, and thus, weren’t included in Spotify playlists, unlike Medellín. (Not to mention airplay, music video, live performances...)
                                    You cannot compare album tracks’ streams to singles streams.
                                    Those songs you mention, though, have 26, 13 and 8 million streams respectively so far... They’re far from his singles streams (304M HP, 223M 11 PM...) but I won’t call that “absolutely nothing”.
                                    You are the one who mentioned lots of times that Faz gostoso was featured on huge playlists. Nowadays, a song doesn't have to be a single to be a hit or playlisted.

Someone was referring to "any Maluma song", not "any Maluma single", so it made me think, for instance, about that Nicky Jam and Maluma song that still has to reach what Faz gostoso got, without being a single. Shakira's Perro Fiel ft Nicky Jam was a success before it was released as a single.

The thing is that people are still pretending that everything Maluma does is a huge success except Medellín, and that is simply not true.

About Medellín video, if you look at Maluma's profile on Youtube you will see most of his videos are 3-5 minutes long, and this a too long song with a too long video with a long intro with Madonna praying, no Maluma fan is gonna care about.

Comment

• When it comes to music videos, you're gonna have to spend some time to find another one that did worse than Medellín. Maybe his 2011 debut single?

Comment

• Do any of them feature a 60 year old white woman who is a media pariah most of the time? Either way Medellin could have done better and its a shame but we take what we can get. This era is all about the Dance Club Play anyway irrelevant as it may be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                          Do any of them feature a 60 year old white woman who is a media pariah most of the time? Either way Medellin could have done better and its a shame but we take what we can get. This era is all about the Dance Club Play anyway irrelevant as it may be.
                                          Getting another #1 album placement in USA isn’t something to overlook either......

Comment

• Medellin Vídeo has +40Million Views.

Comment

• Spotify 15.10.2019

Madame X (Deluxe) 110.952.181 +241.028

Medellín (with Maluma) 39,066,921
                                              Dark Ballet 4,219,803
                                              God Control 4,522,187
                                              Future (with Quavo) 7,391,644
                                              Batuka 2,518,352
                                              Killers Who Are Partying 2,316,754
                                              Crave (with Swae Lee) 8,164,148
                                              Crazy 3,503,455
                                              Come Alive 2,253,569
                                              Extreme Occident 1,990,934
                                              Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 21,609,426
                                              Bitch I’m Loca (feat. Maluma) 3,466,259
                                              I Don’t Search I Find 2,568,801
                                              Looking For Mercy 2,054,898
                                              I Rise 5,305,030

Recent days:

04.10.2019 +288.523
                                              05.10.2019 +273.701
                                              06.10.2019 +225.442
                                              07.10.2019 +245.744
                                              08.10.2019 +257.058
                                              09.10.2019 +258.462
                                              10.10.2019 +264.158

11.10.2019 +277.930
                                              12.10.2019 +261.307
                                              13.10.2019 +217.796
                                              14.10.2019 +231.708
                                              15.10.2019 +241.028

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                                Getting another #1 album placement in USA isn’t something to overlook either......
                                                Oh yeah of course. I forgot lol. She got a number 1 in the US and will probably hit 50 number 1 dance hits this era. Thats great for her.0

Comment

• The fact that Medellin has 40M views and 42M streams (with remixes), oh wow the timing, we love an organic Italian hit.

Comment

• Spotify 16.10.2019

Madame X (Deluxe) 111.199.707 +247.526

Medellín (with Maluma) 39,136,319
                                                    Dark Ballet 4,229,436
                                                    God Control 4,535,619
                                                    Future (with Quavo) 7,404,690
                                                    Batuka 2,525,310
                                                    Killers Who Are Partying 2,322,952
                                                    Crave (with Swae Lee) 8,178,353
                                                    Crazy 3,512,455
                                                    Come Alive 2,259,730
                                                    Extreme Occident 1,996,278
                                                    Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 21,673,246
                                                    Bitch I’m Loca (feat. Maluma) 3,476,514
                                                    I Don’t Search I Find 2,575,916
                                                    Looking For Mercy 2,060,502
                                                    I Rise 5,312,387

Recent days:

04.10.2019 +288.523
                                                    05.10.2019 +273.701
                                                    06.10.2019 +225.442
                                                    07.10.2019 +245.744
                                                    08.10.2019 +257.058
                                                    09.10.2019 +258.462
                                                    10.10.2019 +264.158

11.10.2019 +277.930
                                                    12.10.2019 +261.307
                                                    13.10.2019 +217.796
                                                    14.10.2019 +231.708
                                                    15.10.2019 +241.028
                                                    16.10.2019 +247.526

Comment

• Madame X is #12 on iTunes Spain. What is going on?

Comment

• ^ Probably 2 people bought it
                                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                                          This era is all about the Dance Club Play anyway irrelevant as it may be.
                                                          I agree, her team should focus on releasing as many remixes as possible, so she can extend her Dance/Club record, because even that one is threatened by Rihanna

Comment

• MediaTraffic

Madame X 3,000 = 478,000 copies WW

Comment

• Imagine if Madonna cared about numbers and charts as much as some here do? The best selling female artist of all time can't be bothered anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X