Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna :: The "Madame X" Era

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Worldwide iTunes Album Chart - 2019/11/15

    18 (NEW) Crave Remix Pt 2
    Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

    Comment


    • @ Moroon u Can strongly protest as u want, that doesn’t change the fact, that since its release MX was almost abandoned promo wise.

      Tv performance were equal to none
      Interviews are irrilevant to sell albums
      A theatre tour : that doesn’t the album as well!!

      MX promo was messed up after Eurovision!!

      Comment


      • Anyway rh wasn't promoted as well. Rebel heart was a none single, many other songs were ignored. We have only a couple of TV appearance. MX has more video and this is another kind of promotion. Rh wasn't so cohesive, but it was more commercial. Even the leak scandal was a sort of promotion, everyone were talking about It. I think madame X Is more appreciate from critics and rh had good reviews too. MX deserves grammy nominees but its sound is less commercial. Or It has some commercial tracks that are not enough promoted (fg)

        Comment


        • Spotify 15.11.2019

          Madame X (Deluxe) 117.910.462 +216.331

          Medellín (with Maluma) 41.046.721 +61.977
          Dark Ballet 4.491.211 +8.757
          God Control 4.906.529 +12.452
          Future (with Quavo) 7.763.650 11.836
          Batuka 2.709.229 +5.980
          Killers Who Are Partying 2.488.786 +5.410
          Crave (with Swae Lee) 8.563.053 +12.378
          Crazy 3.763.811 +8.437
          Come Alive 2.429.683 +5.686
          Extreme Occident 2.136.679 +4.599
          Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 23.374.125 +51.833
          Bitch I’m Loca (feat. Maluma) 3.767.813 +9.684
          I Don’t Search I Find 2.764.296 +9.684
          Looking For Mercy 2.201.987 +4.496
          I Rise 5,502,889 +6.377

          Recent days:

          02.11.2019 +227.931
          03.11.2019 +191.048
          04.11.2019 +205.877
          05.11.2019 +215.483
          06.11.2019 +224.626
          07.11.2019 +226.723
          08.11.2019 +231.684

          09.11.2019 +220.493
          10.11.2019 +180.061
          11.11.2019 +193.656
          12.11.2019 +202.568
          13.11.2019 +206.320
          14.11.2019 +215.670
          15.11.2019 +216.331

          Comment


          • Originally posted by paperinobz View Post
            Anyway rh wasn't promoted as well. Rebel heart was a none single, many other songs were ignored. We have only a couple of TV appearance. MX has more video and this is another kind of promotion. Rh wasn't so cohesive, but it was more commercial. Even the leak scandal was a sort of promotion, everyone were talking about It. I think madame X Is more appreciate from critics and rh had good reviews too. MX deserves grammy nominees but its sound is less commercial. Or It has some commercial tracks that are not enough promoted (fg)
            LOL, what? She did Grammy Awards, Brit Awards and a couple of European TV performances for RH album and you say it wasn't promoted well?
            Cha Cha Instructor

            Comment


            • It was not enough. She did a good job only for hung up

              Comment


              • Album: Crave

                iTunes:

                #1 Argentina
                #16 Italy
                #27 France
                #35 Brunei Darussalam
                #38 Austria
                #55 Canada
                #58 New Zealand
                #82 United States
                #105 United Kingdom

                #126 Germany
                Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  LOL, what? She did Grammy Awards, Brit Awards and a couple of European TV performances for RH album and you say it wasn't promoted well?
                  Agree with you here.

                  RH had a very solid promo schedule!!

                  Comment


                  • MadameX hit 118M Streams on Spotify today!
                    Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                      @ Moroon u Can strongly protest as u want, that doesn’t change the fact, that since its release MX was almost abandoned promo wise.

                      Tv performance were equal to none
                      Interviews are irrilevant to sell albums
                      A theatre tour : that doesn’t the album as well!!

                      MX promo was messed up after Eurovision!!
                      Think what you want about how "messed up" or "abandoned" it was, MX still remains the first album since ROL with 5 proper music videos. And saying this tour is not selling the album is just pure negligence considering that for over 50 dates (out of 90 or so) the album is literally added in the bundle.

                      Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      LOL, what? She did Grammy Awards, Brit Awards and a couple of European TV performances for RH album and you say it wasn't promoted well?
                      Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                      RH had a very solid promo schedule!!
                      Alright and how exactly did these performances (almost all of them ended by April 2015 by the way, since when the album was "abandoned" as you like to describe it) translate into sales or longevity of RH? Charts-wise the record did almost the same as "non-promoted" (according to your standards) MDNA, selling obviously much less due to the general sales decline, but in many countries even the chart trajectory was much weaker with no stability at all. All these TV appearances were pretty much responsible for little spikes in sales only the week when they were broadcasted and in that particular country (even Brit Awards and Grammy did practically nothing outside of UK and USA in those respective weeks). Is that what's supposed to be "efficient promo" that "sells records"? I'll go for 5 videos anytime.

                      Comment


                      • So how many #1 in the bb club dance chart with crave?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by paperinobz View Post
                          So how many #1 in the bb club dance chart with crave?
                          49
                          I have received many gifts from God,
                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                          .

                          Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                          Comment


                          • [MENTION=3221]maroon[/MENTION] I never said promo equals sales. So don’t twist my words.
                            The fact RH was well promoted didn’t guarantees big sales and success.

                            MX was abandoned promo wise since its release.
                            Had it been promoted properly, this could give a boost in sales or maybe it couldn’t you’d never know....... !!
                            Last edited by CandyShop; Sat November 16, 2019, 16:59.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                              Worldwide iTunes Album Chart - 2019/11/15

                              18 (NEW) Crave Remix Pt 2
                              Already posted.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                Think what you want about how "messed up" or "abandoned" it was, MX still remains the first album since ROL with 5 proper music videos. And saying this tour is not selling the album is just pure negligence considering that for over 50 dates (out of 90 or so) the album is literally added in the bundle.
                                That doesn't make any difference because three out of the five music videos weren't created as a promo for the album, but cause she wanted to express her political, social etc. views. Only Medellin and Crave had "mainstream" music videos, and they were the only songs with music videos that got released as singles. Videos aren't that important for older acts anyway, at charting and selling records at least, they don't have streaming power to help them.


                                Originally posted by upushme View Post
                                Spotify 15.11.2019
                                Extreme Occident 2.136.679 +4.599
                                Looking For Mercy 2.201.987 +4.496
                                At least Extreme Occident isn't the least streamed song of the album anymore.. my fave song.
                                Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

                                Comment


                                • Any info on Spotify numbers for the new Crave Remixes?

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                    Any info on Spotify numbers for the new Crave Remixes?
                                    Bad. All below 1000 plays besides the first remix, the Thomas Gold, which is at 1440 plays
                                    Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                    Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

                                    Comment


                                    • I don't think this was posted:

                                      https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...ub-songs-chart

                                      Madonna Adds 49th No. 1 on Dance Club Songs Chart With Swae Lee Collab 'Crave'
                                      11/8/2019 by Gordon Murray

                                      The song is Madonna's third topper from her "Madame X" LP.

                                      Madonna earns her record-extending 49th No. 1 on Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart, as "Crave," with Swae Lee, ascends 2-1 on the Nov. 16-dated list.

                                      The chart, and all rankings dated Nov. 16, will refresh on Billboard.com Tuesday, Nov. 12.

                                      "Crave," which marks Lee's first No. 1 on the ranking, was remixed for clubs by Tracy Young, Benny Benassi and DJLW, among a host of others.

                                      With 49 toppers on Dance Club Songs, which measures reports submitted by a national sample of club DJs and which launched as a national survey in the Billboard issue dated Aug. 28, 1976, Madonna outpaces runner-up Rihanna (33 No. 1s), while Beyoncé and Janet Jackson follow with 22 and 20, respectively.

                                      "Crave" is Madonna's third leader, all this year, from her album Madame X, following "Medellín," with Maluma (June 29), and "I Rise" (Aug. 31). Madonna adds her ninth No. 1 this decade and has earned three each from her last three studio albums, with each triple tallied in a single year. Madonna also scored three No. 1s each from 2015's Rebel Heart ("Living for Love," "Ghosttown" and "B**** I'm Madonna," featuring Nicki Minaj) and 2012's MDNA ("Give Me All Your Luvin'," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., "Girl Gone Wild" and "Turn Up the Radio").

                                      "Crave" additionally marks Madonna's ninth consecutive Dance Club Songs No. 1, her longest such streak. (Katy Perry holds the record with 18 straight No. 1s in 2009-17.) Twice before, Madonna managed seven straight No. 1s, first with "Causing a Commotion," from the Who's That Girl soundtrack (1987), through "Justify My Love," from her first greatest hits set, The Immaculate Collection (1991), and then with Ray of Light's "Nothing Really Matters" (1999) through Music's "Impressive Instant" (2001). Madonna's current run began with "Luvin' " in 2012.

                                      In celebration of Madonna's newest No. 1, here's an updated look at her Dance Club Songs leaders. (Of note, at various points before Feb. 23, 1991, full albums were eligible to chart, which allowed for a full remix album of Madonna's You Can Dance to reign. Plus, for titles that spent multiple weeks at No. 1, total frames in the lead are noted in parentheses.)

                                      Madonna's 49 Dance Club Songs No. 1s

                                      1983, "Holiday"/"Lucky Star" (five weeks at No. 1)
                                      1984, "Like a Virgin" (four)
                                      1985, "Material Girl"
                                      1985, "Angel"/"Into the Groove"
                                      1987, "Open Your Heart"
                                      1987, "Causing a Commotion (Remix)"
                                      1988, You Can Dance (LP Cuts)
                                      1989, "Like a Prayer" (two)
                                      1989, "Express Yourself" (three)

                                      1990, "Keep It Together"
                                      1990, "Vogue" (two)
                                      1991, "Justify My Love" (two)
                                      1992, "Erotica"
                                      1993, "Deeper and Deeper"
                                      1993, "Fever"
                                      1994, "Secret" (two)
                                      1995, "Bedtime Story"
                                      1997, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"
                                      1998, "Frozen" (two)
                                      1998, "Ray of Light" (four)
                                      1999, "Nothing Really Matters" (two)
                                      1999, "Beautiful Stranger" (two)

                                      2000, "American Pie"
                                      2000, "Music" (five)
                                      2001, "Don't Tell Me"
                                      2001, "What It Feels Like for a Girl"
                                      2001, "Impressive Instant" (two)
                                      2002, "Die Another Day" (two)
                                      2003, "American Life"
                                      2003, "Hollywood"
                                      2003, "Me Against the Music," Britney Spears feat. Madonna (two)
                                      2004, "Nothing Fails"
                                      2004, "Love Profusion"
                                      2005, "Hung Up" (four)
                                      2006, "Sorry" (two)
                                      2006, "Get Together"
                                      2006, "Jump" (two)
                                      2008, "4 Minutes," Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (two)
                                      2008, "Give It 2 Me"
                                      2009, "Celebration"

                                      2012, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
                                      2012, "Girl Gone Wild"
                                      2012, "Turn Up the Radio"
                                      2015, "Living for Love"
                                      2015, "Ghosttown"
                                      2015, "B**** I'm Madonna," Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj
                                      2019, "Medellín," Madonna & Maluma
                                      2019, "I Rise"
                                      2019, "Crave," Madonna & Swae Lee

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                        [MENTION=3221]maroon[/MENTION] I never said promo equals sales. So don’t twist my words.
                                        The fact RH was well promoted didn’t guarantees big sales and success.

                                        MX was abandoned promo wise since its release.
                                        Had it been promoted properly, this could give a boost in sales or maybe it couldn’t you’d never know....... !!
                                        Nothing was abandoned. Promotion continues with the tour and now Crave remixes, it's just different from performances on TV, no promotion guarantees sales so complaining that the album sold poorly because Madonna didn't sing on some TV shows is just lame.

                                        Originally posted by DevilPray View Post
                                        That doesn't make any difference because three out of the five music videos weren't created as a promo for the album, but cause she wanted to express her political, social etc. views. Only Medellin and Crave had "mainstream" music videos, and they were the only songs with music videos that got released as singles. Videos aren't that important for older acts anyway, at charting and selling records at least, they don't have streaming power to help them.
                                        Sure, Like A Prayer or American Life videos were all about expressing political or social views so yes, they were not promoting their parent albums... Hello, logic! Of course that EVERY music video from MX was part of the record's promotional campaign, no matter which message was behind them. Not everything must be mainstream. And singles are a thing from the past. No-one cares what gets the single status nowadays, even charts are all about songs, not singles. Anyway, if music videos, interviews, remixes, concerts, ticket bundles, Eurovision, price discounts, multiple editions don't sell records for older artists, Grammy's and Brit Awards didn't either for RH, what on earth is considered solid promotion for you that would sell Madonna's albums? Hiring a group of individuals knocking on people's doors and begging to buy/stream the album?

                                        Comment


                                        • I’m surprised that Miles Away and Revolver didn’t hit #1 since but had remixes and one for Revolver won a Grammy for Guetta.

                                          120M will be hit by Nov 27th

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                            Nothing was abandoned. Promotion continues with the tour and now Crave remixes, it's just different from performances on TV, no promotion guarantees sales so complaining that the album sold poorly because Madonna didn't sing on some TV shows is just lame.

                                            Album promotion continues with the tour and Crave remixes?
                                            The bundle( has meant a thing only in the very first week, and was reported in a tiny proportion later on ..... bundle means basically close to nothing now)
                                            And wow at Crave remixes: you keep trying...... such a promo..,

                                            And I never said album didn’t sold well because she didn’t promote in some tv show: will u ever stop twisting my words?

                                            I’ m discussing album promotion: which FOR ME: was close to ZERO since the album was released, and I’ll stick to my opinion anyway......

                                            And if u consider ,at this stage , the Tour or the Crave remixes promo for the album .....I might agree about the strictly sense of what the word “promo” means.....
                                            But do I think these kind of “promo” at this stage is useful for the album? Absolutely not. Useless as f... for me , in the same way of those interviews where she briefly mentioned the album...

                                            Promo wise , the project “for me” was abandoned since its release .,,, .... you think otherwise? It’s up to you .

                                            Comment


                                            • Spotify 16.11.2019

                                              Madame X (Deluxe) 118.116.702 +206.240

                                              Medellín (with Maluma) 41.108.186 +61.465
                                              Dark Ballet 4.499.657 +8.446
                                              God Control 4.918.339 +11.810
                                              Future (with Quavo) 7.774.845 +11.195
                                              Batuka 2.715.000 +5.771
                                              Killers Who Are Partying 2.493.692 +4.906
                                              Crave (with Swae Lee) 8.574.655 11.602
                                              Crazy 3.771.737 +7.926
                                              Come Alive 2.434.977 +5.294
                                              Extreme Occident 2.140.729 +4.050
                                              Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 23.422.488 +48.363
                                              Bitch I’m Loca (feat. Maluma) 3.777.394 +9.581
                                              I Don’t Search I Find 2.770.143 +5.847
                                              Looking For Mercy 2.206.198 +4.211
                                              I Rise 5.508.662 +5.773

                                              Recent days:

                                              09.11.2019 +220.493
                                              10.11.2019 +180.061
                                              11.11.2019 +193.656
                                              12.11.2019 +202.568
                                              13.11.2019 +206.320
                                              14.11.2019 +215.670
                                              15.11.2019 +216.331

                                              16.11.2019 +206.240

                                              Comment


                                              • Madame X Remixes on Spotify 16.11.2019

                                                Medellín (Remixes) Medellín - Offer Nissim Madame X In The Sphinx 1,339,554
                                                Medellín (Remixes) Medellín - Offer Nissim Set Me Free Remix 715,421
                                                Medellín (Remixes) 2,054,975
                                                Medellín (Remixes Pt. 2) Medellín - Offer Nissim Madame X in the Sphinx With No Intro 700,928
                                                Medellín (Remixes Pt. 2) Medellín - LA95 Dancefloor Legend X Remix 144,455
                                                Medellín (Remixes Pt. 2) Medellín - John Christian & DJLW Remix 363,392
                                                Medellín (Remixes Pt. 2) Medellín - Sak Noel Remix 172,001
                                                Medellín (Remixes Pt. 2) Medellín - LA95 Remix 136,014
                                                Medellín (Remixes Pt. 2) 1,516,790

                                                I Rise (Tracy Young Remixes) I Rise - Tracy Young's Pride Extended Remix 216,449
                                                I Rise (Tracy Young Remixes) I Rise - Tracy Young's Pride Dub 21,167
                                                I Rise (Tracy Young Remixes) I Rise - Tracy Young's Pride Intro Radio Remix 52,794
                                                I Rise (Tracy Young Remixes) 290,410
                                                I Rise (Remixes) I Rise - DJLW Remix 28,534
                                                I Rise (Remixes) I Rise - Kue Drops The Funk Remix 434,311
                                                I Rise (Remixes) I Rise - Offer Nissim Remix 33,043
                                                I Rise (Remixes) I Rise - Thomas Gold Remix 28,448
                                                I Rise (Remixes) I Rise - Daybreakers Remix 17,436
                                                I Rise (Remixes) I Rise - DJ Irene & The Alliance Remix 18,021
                                                I Rise (Remixes) 559,793

                                                Crave (MNEK Remix) 361,114
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 1) Crave - Tracy Young Dangerous Remix 357,976
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 1) Crave - Tracy Young Dangerous Radio Edit 41,078
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 1) Crave - Benny Benassi & BB Team Extended Remix 21,295
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 1) Crave - Benny Benassi & BB Team Radio Edit 77,092
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 1) Crave - RNG Club Remix 16,681
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 1) Crave - Otto Benson Remix 9,156
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 1) Crave - Twisted Dee & Diego Fernandez Remix 9,873
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 1) Crave - Dan De Leon & Anthony Griego Remix 9,205
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 1) 542,356
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 2) Crave - Thomas Gold Extended Remix 2,529
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 2) Crave - DJLW Remix 1,219
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 2) Crave - Boris Remix 1,029
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 2) Crave - Joe Gauthreaux & Leanh Radio Edit 1,039
                                                Crave (Remixes Pt. 2) 5,816

                                                Total: 5.331.254

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                                  Album promotion continues with the tour and Crave remixes?
                                                  The bundle( has meant a thing only in the very first week, and was reported in a tiny proportion later on ..... bundle means basically close to nothing now)
                                                  And wow at Crave remixes: you keep trying...... such a promo..,
                                                  Trying what? Prove that MX as every major release was promoted? No need to try, it's obvious. It just wasn't promoted the way you wanted it to but that's not my problem. Bundle likely means close to half of MX's US sales so if it's nothing, then be it. And if those remixes accompanied by another dance #1 (on an irrelevant chart but still #1 = headlines) were not promoting the project, why would anyone bother releasing them?

                                                  Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                                  And I never said album didn’t sold well because she didn’t promote in some tv show: will u ever stop twisting my words?
                                                  It's not twisting, it's called deduction. I don't care who claimed that the album didn't sell well because it wasn't promoted (which triggered the whole discussion). When presenting the whole list of promotional tools that were and are still being used, blaming "lack" of promotion is just plain wrong.

                                                  Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                                  I’ m discussing album promotion: which FOR ME: was close to ZERO since the album was released, and I’ll stick to my opinion anyway......

                                                  And if u consider ,at this stage , the Tour or the Crave remixes promo for the album .....I might agree about the strictly sense of what the word “promo” means.....
                                                  But do I think these kind of “promo” at this stage is useful for the album? Absolutely not. Useless as f... for me , in the same way of those interviews where she briefly mentioned the album...

                                                  Promo wise , the project “for me” was abandoned since its release .,,, .... you think otherwise? It’s up to you .
                                                  Will anyone then enlighten me what would be "useful" then?
                                                  This forum seems to have a lot of promotion experts who are wasting their talents here observing how albums flop one after another. ;)

                                                  Comment


                                                  • [MENTION=3221]maroon[/MENTION], [MENTION=41490]CandyShop[/MENTION]

                                                    You better move on now, please.
                                                    Thanks.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X