Madonna :: The "Madame X" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @flotando
    As usual with you, CHILL. And stop posting in such agressive way if you don't want to get an infraction.
    I've clearly stated: "(two months in this case as it’s a monthly chart)", even if you prefer not to bold that part.

Originally posted by flotando View Post
    This is the classic way you manipulate things, and you are a moderator. Charting two weeks is not the same as charting two months... and then the song was playlisted "for months" in plural. Please tell us, how many months the song was playlisted and if this song is the first song playlisted somewhere in the whole world.
    Yes, the song was (and it's) playlisted for months (in plural) and it only charted in two monthly charts.

And, aswering your question:

Spotify Brazil editorial playlists where it's already removed:

Removed on First added Days in Followers
    Top Brasil
    2019-09-06 2019-06-18 74 4,739,626 (2 and a half months playlisted)
    Pop Up
    2019-11-08 2019-06-14 150 3,008,376 (5 months playlisted)

Spotify Brazil editorial playlists where it's still featured:

Added on Position Days in Followers
    Cantando no Chuveiro
    2019-10-25 RE 35 / 51 180 695,859 (6 months)
    Verão Forever
    2019-06-21 32 / 76 213 592,534 (6 months)
    Funk Pop
    2019-06-14 26 / 56 184 373,699 (6 months)

There are as well lots of other Digster and Filtr playlists where it was/is included.

Comment

• What a GREAT success MX has done in Brazil with only 3.000 pure sales. And it needs 20.000 to be certified. Some people here said that it is elegible for gold here. Don't exaggerate. We love Madonna, but we cannot keep preteding MX is a success.

Well... From now, I promess that I will not post anything again.

My last post.

Comment

• Originally posted by GabrielLula View Post
        What a GREAT success MX has done in Brazil with only 3.000 pure sales. And it needs 20.000 to be certified. Some people here said that it is elegible for gold here. Don't exaggerate. We love Madonna, but we cannot keep preteding MX is a success.

My last post.
        That's what you've been saying for a long time now…

We get what you mean, this last post wasn't really needed.
        Quit it, or you'll really be considered to be trolling and you'll get an infraction.

Comment

What a GREAT success MX has done in Brazil with only 3.000 pure sales. And it needs 20.000 to be certified. Some people here said that it is elegible for gold here. Don't exaggerate. We love Madonna, but we cannot keep preteding MX is a success.

My last post.
          Who said MX was a GREAT success in Brazil?
          Nobody said that.... so don’t twist things up , doing that is what makes u a “troll”
          Some people were just asking if it could eventually be eligible for Gold certification thanks to FG streaming points, that’s all.

And yes album sold poorly, but it was available in Brazil almost two months after its official release and with a very expensive edition only...... a mess of a strategy and promotion..... I agree with you about that.
          “Madonna fans are the worst !!”

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
            How many shows?
            She was at $15.15 M with the boxscores published so far (NY and Chicago). I guess that includes the three San Francisco shows as well ($1.15 M) but obviously not Las Vegas and Los Angeles shows.
            Hope they release complete boxscore of USA dates after Miami shows.....
            “Madonna fans are the worst !!”

Comment

My last post.
              Digital media certification

From November 2008, digital media sales were also certified by APBD with the following certification levels:

Gold: 50,000
              Platinum: 100,000
              Diamond: 500,000

Digital certifications were active for both albums (digital álbum, or DAL) and singles (digital música or DMS), using the same certification levels. Physical CD sales continued to be certified separately. The last digital certification for singles was awarded by APBD in 2013 while the last digital album was thus certified in 2015.

Starting in 2017, the certifications for digital sales were united with those of actual sales with the following rules. For the sake of album certifications, paid digital downloads of full albums are equal to a physical album sale. Paid digital downloads of singles from the album are also counted for album certification, where ten singles downloads are equivalent to one album sale. For audio and video streams of one or more tracks in the album, 5,000 streams are equivalent to one album. Single certifications are based on digital download. For audio and video streaming, 500 streams are equal to one download. The thresholds for both album and single certifications are the ones previously assigned to CDs
              Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

My last post.
                If 20k is the number to get the first certification, then it will reach it with streaming, just cause of Faz Gostoso. Many streams in the album are coming from Brazil, especially on Spotify.
                Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Spotify 13.12.2019
                  Madame X (Deluxe) 123.505.663 +202.845

Medellín (with Maluma) 42,629,647
                  Dark Ballet 4,720,559
                  God Control 5,241,471
                  Future (with Quavo) 8,082,379
                  Batuka 2,864,512
                  Killers Who Are Partying 2,623,594
                  Crave (with Swae Lee) 8,902,695
                  Crazy 3,984,532
                  Come Alive 2,573,184
                  Extreme Occident 2,252,833
                  Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 24,686,408
                  Bitch I’m Loca (feat. Maluma) 4,020,177
                  I Don’t Search I Find 2,931,787
                  Looking For Mercy 2,320,526
                  I Rise 5,671,359

06.12.2019 +252.796
                  07.12.2019 +231.334
                  08.12.2019 +194.662
                  09.12.2019 +204.035
                  10.12.2019 +206.592
                  11.12.2019 +201.499
                  12.12.2019 +202.289

13.12.2019 +202.845

Comment

• Still above 200k a day 👏👏👏👏

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilPray View Post
                      If 20k is the number to get the first certification, then it will reach it with streaming, just cause of Faz Gostoso. Many streams in the album are coming from Brazil, especially on Spotify.
                      Some maths analysis.

According to that rule above, 5,000 streams = 1 album.
                      If the album has 3k copies shipped, that means it’ll need 17k from streaming. (Digital albums sales are dead)
                      17,000 x 5,000= 85,000,000 streams from Brazil alone.

Faz Gostoso has 24.7 million on Spotify right now
                      Up to Sept 5, streams from Brazil were 14.35 million out of 18.54 million total. (77.5%).

https://kworb.net/spotify/track/2SC1...yLg9Wupa0.html

So ~19.06 million right now of Faz Gostoso Spotify streams are coming from Brazil. = 3.8k units more.
                      3k + 3.8k= 6.8k
                      13.2k units more needed for Gold.

Assuming that just because the vast majority of streams of Faz Gostoso came from Brazil (for obvious reasons) means that the vast majority of the other album tracks come from Brazil as well, it’s definitely wrong.
                      For example, Medellin was only Top 200 on Spotify Brazil for one week only (while it stayed many more weeks in other territories).
                      No other song on the album ever made the weekly Spotify top 200 in Brazil.

If we remove FG, the album has 98,819,255 streams on Spotify.
                      Let’s say 30% of that total is coming from Brazil (I think it might be less than that) = 29,645,776 = 6k units.

6k + 6.8k = 12.8k

Apple Music is not that big in Brazil to add another 7k copies (or 35 million streams).

And that’s counting Medellin streams (42.6 M out of 98.8 M) into that supposed 30%... when we’ve seen how little impact it had on Brazil... So it might definitely be less than 29 M from Brazil, but anyway...

With this analysis, I doubt it’s already Gold eligible in Brazil thanks to FG as many are claiming here.
                      Adding Apple Music, maybe around 5-6k units left yet, which means 25-30 million streams left in Brazil alone.

Comment

Just Anittas's fans listened to it. Faz Gostoso is not being played on radios or TV shows. If you are not Anitta's fan, probably you have no idea she has recorded a song with Madonna.

47° at streaming chart is not popular. That is the big truth and I'm really sad for that, because the music is very good!
                        I mean, it wasn't even a single, so of course its number were not as big as other singles by Anitta, but it was all over the news. And it peaked at 47º because it's a monthly chart. Madame X was released in the mid of June.
                        Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

How many shows?
                          She was at $15.15 M with the boxscores published so far (NY and Chicago). I guess that includes the three San Francisco shows as well ($1.15 M) but obviously not Las Vegas and Los Angeles shows.
                          It's 36 shows counting it must be a glitch.

There is no new boxscores yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by flotando View Post

This is the classic way you manipulate things, and you are a moderator. Charting two weeks is not the same as charting two months... and then the song was playlisted "for months" in plural. Please tell us, how many months the song was playlisted and if this song is the first song playlisted somewhere in the whole world.

Probably Faz gostoso was not a hit in Brazil, but did really well considering it was never a single nowhere. Definitely it is one of the most successful Madonna non-singles ever.

Nobody cares about how a particular person feels about a song in his/her own country. I live in Spain and the Spanish top 10 is full of reggaeton songs I've never heard of and never will. And who cares in a chart analysis thread? Nobody.

Some hits don't make it on the radio, some of them don't make it on the clubs, things are complicated in 2019. Sometimes I go out and songs like China get played in a club and my friends are like "What is this?", and I'm like "this has been the #1 in Spain for months", and they are like "really?". Alocao is not playlisted on Spanish radio cause it's a really dirty song, so it won't reach a certain audience, but that doesnt mean it is not a monster hit. It is a hit even though some people never heard of it.

Here you have Anitta’s streaming numbers for 2019:

Kisses:
                            Atención 10 million
                            Banana, ft Becky G 22 million
                            Onda diferente ft Snoop Dogg 64 million
                            Sin miedo, ft DJ Luian Mambo Kingz 9 million
                            Poquito, ft Swae Lee 20 million
                            Tú y yo, ft Chris Marshall 8 million
                            Get to Know Me, ft Alesso 8 million
                            Rosa, ft Prince Royce 12 million
                            Juego 7 million
                            Você mentiu, ft Caetano Veloso 8 million

All these songs had a video, but Faz Gostoso, at 25 million, did better than 9 of those 10.

Outside of the album, Anitta had a couple of things that did well, such as Muito Calor with Ozuna (43 million) and lots of flops, such as a song with Black Eyed Peas with 2 million streamings, or Ugly, a song in 3 different languages and 2,5 million streamings with the 3 languages together. A song with Major Lazer did 21 million.

So Faz gostoso did really well for Anitta in 2019 and it looks like this was not her best year.
                            What a great post [MENTION=10898]flotando[/MENTION]. I didn't know about a lot of the things you posted and you made excellent points here, also looking at those stats of songs that were singles and had music videos I'll have nothing more to say "Faz Gostoso" did ok for what it was (a non-single track).
                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Assuming that just because the vast majority of streams of Faz Gostoso came from Brazil (for obvious reasons) means that the vast majority of the other album tracks come from Brazil as well, it’s definitely wrong.
                              For example, Medellin was only Top 200 on Spotify Brazil for one week only (while it stayed many more weeks in other territories).
                              I didn't say majority. Madonna always had success in Brazil, and in 2019 i think it may be the country with her most fans. The few tracks that managed to chart on Spotify charts (even for a day) were into the brazilian top 200. Even God Control. Faz Gostoso helped the album a bit there.

Originally posted by nympho View Post
                              6k + 6.8k = 12.8k

Apple Music is not that big in Brazil to add another 7k copies (or 35 million streams).

And that’s counting Medellin streams (42.6 M out of 98.8 M) into that supposed 30%... when we’ve seen how little impact it had on Brazil... So it might definitely be less than 29 M from Brazil, but anyway...

With this analysis, I doubt it’s already Gold eligible in Brazil thanks to FG as many are claiming here.
                              Adding Apple Music, maybe around 5-6k units left yet, which means 25-30 million streams left in Brazil alone.
                              There's Youtube also that gives it at least 3k more streaming copies too, 14.730.000 (from 3 tracks only) / 5.000 = 2.950. There are also the rest Youtube streams from the album that we don't know, the remixes, Apple Music numbers etc.
                              Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                              Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

Some maths analysis.

According to that rule above, 5,000 streams = 1 album.
                                If the album has 3k copies shipped, that means it’ll need 17k from streaming. (Digital albums sales are dead)
                                17,000 x 5,000= 85,000,000 streams from Brazil alone.

Faz Gostoso has 24.7 million on Spotify right now
                                Up to Sept 5, streams from Brazil were 14.35 million out of 18.54 million total. (77.5%).

https://kworb.net/spotify/track/2SC1...yLg9Wupa0.html

So ~19.06 million right now of Faz Gostoso Spotify streams are coming from Brazil. = 3.8k units more.
                                3k + 3.8k= 6.8k
                                13.2k units more needed for Gold.

If we remove FG, the album has 98,819,255 streams on Spotify.
                                Let’s say 30% of that total is coming from Brazil (I think it might be less than that) = 29,645,776 = 6k units.

6k + 6.8k = 12.8k

It is the best post I have seen in this thread during the last 3 days.

Comment

It is the best post I have seen in this thread during the last 3 days.
                                  This is your last post ?

Comment

• Spotify 14.12.2019
                                    Madame X (Deluxe) 123.702.194 +196.531

Medellín (with Maluma) 42,687,568
                                    Dark Ballet 4,728,629
                                    God Control 5,252,938
                                    Future (with Quavo) 8,093,306
                                    Batuka 2,869,839
                                    Killers Who Are Partying 2,628,140
                                    Crave (with Swae Lee) 8,914,034
                                    Crazy 3,992,353
                                    Come Alive 2,578,045
                                    Extreme Occident 2,256,744
                                    Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 24,732,438
                                    Bitch I’m Loca (feat. Maluma) 4,028,716
                                    I Don’t Search I Find 2,937,616
                                    Looking For Mercy 2,324,648
                                    I Rise 5,677,180

Recent days:
                                    06.12.2019 +252.796
                                    07.12.2019 +231.334
                                    08.12.2019 +194.662
                                    09.12.2019 +204.035
                                    10.12.2019 +206.592
                                    11.12.2019 +201.499
                                    12.12.2019 +202.289

13.12.2019 +202.845
                                    14.12.2019 +196.531

Comment

• Spotify 15.12.2019
                                      Madame X (Deluxe) 123.870.390 +168.196

Medellín (with Maluma) 42,735,662
                                      Dark Ballet 4,735,800
                                      God Control 5,263,131
                                      Future (with Quavo) 8,102,867
                                      Batuka 2,874,537
                                      Killers Who Are Partying 2,632,213
                                      Crave (with Swae Lee) 8,924,138
                                      Crazy 3,999,046
                                      Come Alive 2,582,282
                                      Extreme Occident 2,260,195
                                      Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 24,770,824
                                      Bitch I’m Loca (feat. Maluma) 4,036,429
                                      I Don’t Search I Find 2,942,601
                                      Looking For Mercy 2,328,403
                                      I Rise 5,682,262

Recent days:
                                      06.12.2019 +252.796
                                      07.12.2019 +231.334
                                      08.12.2019 +194.662
                                      09.12.2019 +204.035
                                      10.12.2019 +206.592
                                      11.12.2019 +201.499
                                      12.12.2019 +202.289

13.12.2019 +202.845
                                      14.12.2019 +196.531
                                      15.12.2019 +168.196

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                                        This is your last post ?
                                        Hahah you won!
                                        "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Spotify 16.12.2019
                                          Madame X (Deluxe) 124.051.317 +180.927

Medellín (with Maluma) 42,787,180
                                          Dark Ballet 4,743,274
                                          God Control 5,273,944
                                          Future (with Quavo) 8,113,626
                                          Batuka 2,879,503
                                          Killers Who Are Partying 2,636,542
                                          Crave (with Swae Lee) 8,934,981
                                          Crazy 4,006,023
                                          Come Alive 2,586,802
                                          Extreme Occident 2,263,977
                                          Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 24,812,782
                                          Bitch I’m Loca (feat. Maluma) 4,044,559
                                          I Don’t Search I Find 2,947,908
                                          Looking For Mercy 2,332,335
                                          I Rise 5,687,881

Recent days:
                                          06.12.2019 +252.796
                                          07.12.2019 +231.334
                                          08.12.2019 +194.662
                                          09.12.2019 +204.035
                                          10.12.2019 +206.592
                                          11.12.2019 +201.499
                                          12.12.2019 +202.289

13.12.2019 +202.845
                                          14.12.2019 +196.531
                                          15.12.2019 +168.196
                                          16.12.2019 +180.927

Comment

• Faz Gostoso 8.9 Million Views!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                                              Faz Gostoso 8.9 Million Views!

Comment

• It is a shame that she did not record this music video. Because this song had a lot of potential. And Madonna would again break the barriers that a person over 60 can have hits.
                                                Xtina/GoldLink/Slayer/Mobb Deep/KAYTRANADA/2Pac/Snoh ​​Aalegra

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                                                  It is a shame that she did not record this music video. Because this song had a lot of potential. And Madonna would again break the barriers that a person over 60 can have hits.
                                                  In a select few countries maybe. Most countries wouldnt care about FG at all.

Comment

• tbh, Brazil was all she needed. It's currently one of the biggest streaming markets (I think the 2nd biggest, only behind US). It would be great for Madame X's streams and the song could even hit top 100 in global charts.
                                                    Last edited by Artsy; Wed December 18th, 2019, 19:48.
                                                    Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

Working...
                                                    X