Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avril Lavigne :: The "Head Above Water" Era

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MikeInverse View Post
    I saw these two somewhere, anyone knows if it's true?

    “Avril Lavigne” (album) is now silver in the UK, selling over 60,000 copies in the country. Congrats
    @AvrilLavigne
    ! ��
    Yes! You can search in here: https://www.bpi.co.uk/brit-certified/
    You got me feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancin...

    Comment


    • Yes!



      Source: https://pro-musicabr.org.br/home/certificados/

      Comment


      • Billboard Independent Albums Year End 2019
        21 Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water

        Billboard Top Current Albums Year End 2019
        153 Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water

        Comment


        • Billboard Hot Christian Songs Year End 2019
          23 Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water

          Billboard Christian Streaming Songs Year End 2019
          24 Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water

          Comment


          • Aw I'm glad it made some end-year lists tbh, I am still so in love with this album! Does anyone have a sales update?

            Comment


            • 12/14/19 Billboard charts:

              Pure album sales estimate by oldbloke:

              TITLE - Artist ( Estimated Total Sales )

              HEAD ABOVE WATER - Avril Lavigne ( 50,000 )

              Comment


              • Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                12/14/19 Billboard charts:

                Pure album sales estimate by oldbloke:

                TITLE - Artist ( Estimated Total Sales )

                HEAD ABOVE WATER - Avril Lavigne ( 50,000 )
                Well
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                Comment


                • Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                  12/14/19 Billboard charts:

                  Pure album sales estimate by oldbloke:

                  TITLE - Artist ( Estimated Total Sales )

                  HEAD ABOVE WATER - Avril Lavigne ( 50,000 )
                  Those are beyond terrible for an artist from her time. I thought she would be at, at least 80k

                  Comment


                  • She didn't have tour bundles to inflate her sales like other artists. Plus, the US is not her biggest market.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                      She didn't have tour bundles to inflate her sales like other artists. Plus, the US is not her biggest market.
                      Pretty sure she did.

                      Comment


                      • Didn’t she do okay in Asia?
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                          Didn’t she do okay in Asia?
                          Yep. Asia still supports her. She sold around 55-60K units in Japan and 165,000 digital downloads in China (the equivalent of 75,000 digital copies sold at $9,99). The album has amassed 21.3M streams through the small Chinese platform (Xiami Music).
                          Btw, the album will reach 200M streams on Spotify in around 8-10 days, it might slow down a bit tough due to Christmas music.

                          Comment


                          • Japan (Oricon 2019 Year-End Chart)

                            Digital Albums
                            #94 Head Above Water

                            Physical Albums
                            #105 Head Above Water (42,424)

                            Foreign Physical Albums
                            #17 Head Above Water (42,424)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                              Pretty sure she did.
                              She did not have bundles, the tour was not announced until June and the album came out in Feb.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by thebestdamnfan View Post
                                Yep. Asia still supports her. She sold around 55-60K units in Japan and 165,000 digital downloads in China (the equivalent of 75,000 digital copies sold at $9,99). The album has amassed 21.3M streams through the small Chinese platform (Xiami Music).
                                Btw, the album will reach 200M streams on Spotify in around 8-10 days, it might slow down a bit tough due to Christmas music.
                                Do you have an estimate of Global sales? (SPS)

                                The album did do alright on streaming platforms tbh

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by myworld View Post
                                  Do you have an estimate of Global sales? (SPS)

                                  The album did do alright on streaming platforms tbh
                                  I'll post a detailed breakdown of sales estimations in the next few days.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by thebestdamnfan View Post
                                    I'll post a detailed breakdown of sales estimations in the next few days.
                                    Looking forward to it

                                    Comment


                                    • 50Κ pure sales in US,
                                      That means without pre-sale,
                                      Without streaming, without iTunes and apple music downloads, right?

                                      Comment


                                      • I'm just so happy she is back again! I'm going to see her next year. Can't wait!

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by MikeInverse View Post
                                          50Κ pure sales in US,
                                          That means without pre-sale,
                                          Without streaming, without iTunes and apple music downloads, right?
                                          Pure sales (physical + digital) from the release date. I have it at around 52K.
                                          The album is currently at #390 on US iTunes and #200 in Canada. Glad it's moving some copies during this time of the year.
                                          It's probably selling like 3K per week WW (sales + SPS).

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by MikeInverse View Post
                                            50Κ pure sales in US,
                                            That means without pre-sale,
                                            Without streaming, without iTunes and apple music downloads, right?
                                            Pure sales (physical + digital) from the release date. I have it at around 52K.
                                            The album is currently at #390 on US iTunes and #200 in Canada. Glad it's moving some copies during this time of the year.
                                            It's probably selling like 3K per week WW (sales + SPS).

                                            Comment


                                            • Head Above Water era streaming stats as of Dec. 27th:

                                              Spotify: 200,783,893

                                              Youtube (from kworb):
                                              HAW (official video): 90,039,008
                                              HAW (lyric video): 16,134,949
                                              HAW (live from Honda): 4,194,244
                                              Dumb Blonde (lyric video): 19,555,116 + DB (live from Honda): 1,418,612
                                              I Fell In Love With The Devil (official video): 14,347,730
                                              Tell Me It's Over (official video): 9,624,463
                                              It Was in Me (audio): 3,231,056
                                              I Fell In Love With The Devil (audio): 2,858,437
                                              Birdie (audio): 2,066,369
                                              Warrior (audio): 1,879,622
                                              Crush (audio): 1,624,882
                                              Goddess (audio): 1,329,766
                                              Souvenir (audio): 1,069,700
                                              Bigger Wow (audio): 963,302
                                              Love Me Insane (audio): 873,110

                                              Total from Youtube: 171,210,366

                                              Sales estimations (Pure + SPS) per country:
                                              China: 168,000 digital downloads (132K on Netease + 35K on Xiami) = 67,200 equivalent downloads sold at $9,99 + 10,000 physical copies (estimated) + 21.3M streams on Xiami Music
                                              Japan: 56,000 units
                                              Taiwan: 15,000 units
                                              Hong Kong: 8,000 units
                                              Rest of Asia: 8,000 units
                                              USA: 52,000 (pure sales)/78,000 SPS
                                              Pre-album release TEAs/SPS:
                                              ~ 18,000 TEAs + ~ 20.000 SPS + SPS from video streams (for RIAA purposes): ~ 19,150
                                              Total to date: 136,000 units
                                              Germany: 28,000 units
                                              Canada: 16,000 units
                                              UK: 16,000 units
                                              Italy: 7,000 units
                                              France: 5,500 units
                                              Rest of Europe: 9,500 units
                                              Brazil: 15,000 units
                                              Mexico: 6,000 units
                                              Argentina: 3,000 units
                                              Rest of Latin America: 3,000 units
                                              Australia: 5,000
                                              Rest of the world: 6,000 units

                                              Total WW including pre-album release TEAs/SPS:
                                              475,000 units (the album is moving around 3K units per week).
                                              Last edited by thebestdamnfan; Sat December 28th, 2019, 12:11.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by thebestdamnfan View Post
                                                Head Above Water era streaming stats as of Dec. 27th:

                                                Spotify: 200,783,893

                                                Youtube (from kworb):
                                                HAW (official video): 90,039,008
                                                HAW (lyric video): 16,134,949
                                                HAW (live from Honda): 4,194,244
                                                Dumb Blonde (lyric video): 19,555,116 + DB (live from Honda): 1,418,612
                                                I Fell In Love With The Devil (official video): 14,347,730
                                                Tell Me It's Over (official video): 9,624,463
                                                It Was in Me (audio): 3,231,056
                                                I Fell In Love With The Devil (audio): 2,858,437
                                                Birdie (audio): 2,066,369
                                                Warrior (audio): 1,879,622
                                                Crush (audio): 1,624,882
                                                Goddess (audio): 1,329,766
                                                Souvenir (audio): 1,069,700
                                                Bigger Wow (audio): 963,302
                                                Love Me Insane (audio): 873,110

                                                Total from Youtube: 171,210,366

                                                Sales estimations (Pure + SPS) per country:
                                                China: 168,000 digital downloads (132K on Netease + 35K on Xiami) = 67,200 equivalent downloads sold at $9,99 + 10,000 physical copies (estimated) + 21.3M streams on Xiami Music
                                                Japan: 56,000 units
                                                Taiwan: 15,000 units
                                                Hong Kong: 8,000 units
                                                Rest of Asia: 8,000 units
                                                USA: 52,000 (pure sales)/78,000 SPS
                                                Pre-album release TEAs/SPS:
                                                ~ 18,000 TEAs + ~ 20.000 SPS + SPS from video streams (for RIAA purposes): ~ 19,150
                                                Total to date: 136,000 units
                                                Germany: 28,000 units
                                                Canada: 16,000 units
                                                UK: 16,000 units
                                                Italy: 7,000 units
                                                France: 5,500 units
                                                Rest of Europe: 9,500 units
                                                Brazil: 15,000 units
                                                Mexico: 6,000 units
                                                Argentina: 3,000 units
                                                Rest of Latin America: 3,000 units
                                                Australia: 5,000
                                                Rest of the world: 6,000 units

                                                Total WW including pre-album release TEAs/SPS:
                                                475,000 units (the album is moving around 3K units per week).
                                                370m streams just from Spotify and Youtube is actually pretty good! As for the sales, she is definitely more of an international artist and I am so glad that she still has such a big following in Asia, the tour will also do really well there I think. Thanks for your effort to put all this info together

                                                Comment


                                                • Thank you for the estimations Next year HAW hopefully reaches 100 mio. on YouTube.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Album: Head Above Water

                                                    iTunes:
                                                    #167 Canada
                                                    #373 United States
                                                    #428 Japan

                                                    Apple Music:
                                                    #127 China
                                                    #279 Philippines
                                                    #1202 United Kingdom

                                                    The album is at #198 (CD) and #390 on Amazon UK. At least it's still moving something in pure sales.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X