This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mimicarey View Post
    [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION] you’re the expert on this!
    Must be around 110k at this point, if I'm not mistaken (pure sales only)
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Proceed with caution.
      Last edited by MrDash; Wed October 23rd, 2019, 10:49.
      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
        Caution worldwide streaming : SPOTIFY

Tuesday (10/22/2019)

# Title Plays Daily increase
        1. GTFO 16,157,345 +14,653
        2. With You 12,652,973 +13,703
        3. Caution 9,858,806 +9,221
        4. A No No 14,504,247 +15,190
        5. The Distance 8,324,319 +8,029
        6. Giving Me Life 4,500,812 +6,959
        7. One Mo' Gen 3,430,022 +5,222
        8. 8th Grade 3,800,997 +5,886
        9. Stay Long Love You 3,498,359 +4,775
        10. Portrait 2,946,364 +4,243
        TOTAL 79,674,244 +87,881
        With the 365,115 streams from Runway, Caution has now surpassed 80m!

Comment

• Originally posted by myworld View Post
          With the 365,115 streams from Runway, Caution has now surpassed 80m!
          The standard version hasn't.

Not yettt ...

Comment

The standard version hasn't.

Not yettt ...
            I really wish that Runway was available for every country on Spotify, it would definitely add 3-4m streams to the album!

Comment

Must be around 110k at this point, if I'm not mistaken (pure sales only)
              The fact that it’s sold close to what MIAM did in the USA is amazing, especially considering the amount of public scrutiny she’s went through for the 4 years after that, and especially considering the fact that R&B Album sales are effectively dead in today’s musical climate.

Not many albums across all genres, especially R&B albums, cross 100k pure units in the USA these days, and not many R&B albums show that much stability charting unless they’re powered by label-backed heavily-promoted hits (see Caution’s 43 week stint (and counting) stint on the R&B Album Sales Chart)

PS: She’s coming for Best R&B Album at the Grammys this year and collecting dem reparations!!

Comment

• imagine how much more this album could have sold if she just picked the right singles *sighs*

Comment

imagine how much more this album could have sold if she just picked the right singles *sighs*
                  1. Caution
                  2. One Mo' Gen
                  3. The Distance
                  4. Gtfo
                  5. Giving Me Life

= 20,000,000 copies sold

But we been knew
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Caution should've been a single, it is the hit that got away.. Also, I really wish GTFO and With You would've been released on Fridays, it could have been 2 more Hot 100 entries to her name

Comment

Caution should've been a single, it is the hit that got away.. Also, I really wish GTFO and With You would've been released on Fridays, it could have been 2 more Hot 100 entries to her name
                      "GTFO" and "With You" missed the Bubbling Under chart entirely, so even if she released them on a Friday she wouldn't have made the Billboard Hot 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by JanetsServant View Post
                        "GTFO" and "With You" missed the Bubbling Under chart entirely, so even if she released them on a Friday she wouldn't have made the Billboard Hot 100.
                        YIKES

Comment

It's still an Itunes #1 song in the US. And the album also sold 110,000 copies (and counting) in the US (pure).

That sounds great in my books. Especially since her sales decline from 2014 is minimal at this point.
                          My Chart

Comment

Why are you so concerned with this thread? You wanted it locked the other day.

Comment

• MOD EDIT

Gifs are not allowed on this subforum.

Comment

You must not understand how the charts work then. First day sales for GTFO a long with the rest of the tracking week were good enough to enter the 80-100 region of the Hot 100, that 1st day of sales is crucial for older artists because this is when all the fans will buy the song.

Anyway, you're clearly a troll so this discussion is over, stop spamming the thread with these pointless posts and replies
                                Last edited by myworld; Wed October 23rd, 2019, 23:11.

Comment

• Caution worldwide streaming : SPOTIFY

Wednesday (10/23/2019)

1. GTFO 16,172,141 +14,796
                                  2. With You 12,666,900 +13,927
                                  3. Caution 9,867,950 +9,144
                                  4. A No No 14,520,116 +15,869
                                  5. The Distance 8,332,462 +8,143
                                  6. Giving Me Life 4,507,828 +7,016
                                  7. One Mo' Gen 3,435,262 +5,240
                                  8. 8th Grade 3,806,800 +5,803
                                  9. Stay Long Love You 3,503,167 +4,808
                                  10. Portrait 2,950,654 +4,290
                                  TOTAL 79,763,280 +89,036

Comment

• ^ This would be my last update for this month. I'm going on a holiday and will only be back around early November.

If anyone's interested in keeping track of the updates, feel free to post them here on my behalf. Thank you.

Comment

You must not understand how the charts work then. First day sales for GTFO a long with the rest of the tracking week were good enough to enter the 80-100 region of the Hot 100, that 1st day of sales is crucial for older artists because this is when all the fans will buy the song.

Anyway, you're clearly a troll so this discussion is over, stop spamming the thread with these pointless posts and replies
                                      well... she lost around 6k in sales for GTFO... (However the song was still #1 in the 2nd day - on Friday). But maybe those extra 6k could have made the difference??
                                      My Chart

Comment

• ^
                                        Regarding GTFO, I defended back then that, with those digital sales (adding that first day lost sales), and similar audio and video streaming points other songs made the lower part of the Hot 100 other weeks.
                                        However, it can vary a lot from week to week (for example, when there are like 10 entries on Hot 100 from some rapper vs. a quiet week).

We’ll never know.

I’m sure, though, With You was really far from debuting, even adding that 1st day’s digital sales.

Comment

• I feel like the 6k could've made a difference even if she charted at #100 or something haha, but you guys are right because we'll never know for sure. I really hope that she does get another chart entry again, I don't like that her last entry was with something from the St*lla era when the new music is so much more deserving of it

Comment

Thursday (10/24/2019)

1. GTFO 16,186,971 +14,830
                                            2. With You 12,680,789 +13,889
                                            3. Caution 9,877,157 +9,207
                                            4. A No No 14,535,774 +15,658
                                            5. The Distance 8,340,681 +8,219
                                            6. Giving Me Life 4,514,689 +6,861
                                            7. One Mo' Gen 3,440,382 +5,120
                                            8. 8th Grade 3,812,645 +5,845
                                            9. Stay Long Love You 3,507,927 +4,760
                                            10. Portrait 2,954,936 +4,282
                                            TOTAL 79,851,951 +88,671
                                            Last edited by myworld; Sat October 26th, 2019, 00:18.

Comment

• Thanx [MENTION=92057]myworld[/MENTION]!
                                              You had the total right, but didn't update the plays of each song from the previous update:

GTFO - 16,186,971
                                              With You- 12,680,789
                                              Caution - 9,877,157
                                              A No No - 14,535,774
                                              The Distance - 8,340,681
                                              Giving Me Life - 4,514,689
                                              One Mo Gen - 3,440,382
                                              8th Grade - 3,812,645
                                              Stay Long Love You - 3,507,927
                                              Portrait - 2,954,936
                                              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                                Thanx @myworld!
                                                You had the total right, but didn't update the plays of each song from the previous update:

GTFO - 16,186,971
                                                With You- 12,680,789
                                                Caution - 9,877,157
                                                A No No - 14,535,774
                                                The Distance - 8,340,681
                                                Giving Me Life - 4,514,689
                                                One Mo Gen - 3,440,382
                                                8th Grade - 3,812,645
                                                Stay Long Love You - 3,507,927
                                                Portrait - 2,954,936
                                                Sorry about that! I've updated my post with the correct totals as well just to avoid any confusion
                                                Last edited by myworld; Sat October 26th, 2019, 00:18.

Comment

Caution worldwide streaming : SPOTIFY

Thursday (10/24/2019)

1. GTFO 16,186,971 +14,830
                                                  2. With You 12,680,789 +13,889
                                                  3. Caution 9,877,157 +9,207
                                                  4. A No No 14,535,774 +15,658
                                                  5. The Distance 8,340,681 +8,219
                                                  6. Giving Me Life 4,514,689 +6,861
                                                  7. One Mo' Gen 3,440,382 +5,120
                                                  8. 8th Grade 3,812,645 +5,845
                                                  9. Stay Long Love You 3,507,927 +4,760
                                                  10. Portrait 2,954,936 +4,282
                                                  TOTAL 79,851,951 +88,671
                                                  Title track inching closer to 10m mark! I think it’ll cross the mark on Caution’s 1 year anniversary!

Comment

Title track inching closer to 10m mark! I think it’ll cross the mark on Caution’s 1 year anniversary!
                                                    Yep it definitely should do in about 2 weeks! Our next goal should be to get The Distance to 10m as well so we can have half the album at 10m+ streams

Comment

Friday (10/25/2019)

1. GTFO 16,202,282 +15,311
                                                      2. With You 12,694,613 +13,824
                                                      3. Caution 9,886,565 +9,408
                                                      4. A No No 14,551,053 +15,279
                                                      5. The Distance 8,348,732 +8,051
                                                      6. Giving Me Life 4,521,424 +6,735
                                                      7. One Mo' Gen 3,445,597 +5,215
                                                      8. 8th Grade 3,818,218 +5,573
                                                      9. Stay Long Love You 3,512,823 +4,896
                                                      10. Portrait 2,959,220 +4,284
                                                      TOTAL 79,940,527 +88,576

Comment

• Also Portrait approaching 3m and 8th grade 4m is good too.
                                                        #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

Yep it definitely should do in about 2 weeks! Our next goal should be to get The Distance to 10m as well so we can have half the album at 10m+ streams
                                                          The numbers are so minuscule, Caution numbers do not matter. The 10 million Distance mark will get there when it gets there. We can't push this song more than we have.

Comment

• I think we can say, given the state of the current overall sales climate and the overall sales climate for R&B when compared to 2014, that Caution was a much bigger album than MIAM. Given it’s consistency, I wouldn’t be surprised if it outsold it by the end of next year - an achievement considering everything that Mariah’s been through since then (Rockefeller, the whole Stella Era, Mariah’s World, New Years Eve 2016 and the fat-shaming/ viral hate posts in 2017).

The only way from here is up at this point!

Comment

I think we can say, given the state of the current overall sales climate and the overall sales climate for R&B when compared to 2014, that Caution was a much bigger album than MIAM. Given it’s consistency, I wouldn’t be surprised if it outsold it by the end of next year - an achievement considering everything that Mariah’s been through since then (Rockefeller, the whole Stella Era, Mariah’s World, New Years Eve 2016 and the fat-shaming/ viral hate posts in 2017).

The only way from here is up at this point!
                                                              No. By October 18, "Caution" sold 128,583 copies while "Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse" sold 366,938. In fact, this album sold 64.5% less than its predecessor.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X