This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
    This album isn’t even 9 digits after a year on the shelves, surely it’s time to put it out to pasture. It’s the only album I’ve even seen get daily updates this far in.
    It’s getting daily updates because people are willing to post them. It shouldn’t be a concern to you if you’re not interested in the album.

Why don’t you post daily updates in other album topics if you want things to be fair and equal.

Comment

• I find it amazing that an album with 0 singles success... even below commercial flop level... can get 100k streams daily 1 year in. I love the concept of that. Now it's time for the Grammy boost. Can't wait.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        I find it amazing that an album with 0 singles success... even below commercial flop level... can get 100k streams daily 1 year in. I love the concept of that. Now it's time for the Grammy boost. Can't wait.
        Only a day to go before nominations announced! Hoping for some well-deserved recognition!

Comment

This album isn’t even 9 digits after a year on the shelves, surely it’s time to put it out to pasture. It’s the only album I’ve even seen get daily updates this far in.
          Several people want the updates & are interested in the album still, so why is it a problem for you that the daily streams are still being tracked?

Comment

• Two stan camps are really pressed with this thread. Wow!
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
              Two stan camps are really pressed with this thread. Wow!
              I noticed the same, it must be upsetting for them that nobody is checking for the threads for certain others latest albums.

Anyways, I look forward to the Grammy noms! I really hope she isn't snubbed again

Comment

Why don't you just walk away?

MOD EDIT: No gifs allowed in this subforum
                Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                Forever and always!

Comment

I find it amazing that an album with 0 singles success... even below commercial flop level... can get 100k streams daily 1 year in. I love the concept of that. Now it's time for the Grammy boost. Can't wait.
                  The Grammys need to give Mimi her reparations for all the years they did her dirty.

Expecting 3 nominations at the very least. If they'll give her one, then Best R&B album should be it. This is her highest rated album 30 years into her career. She did THAT!!

If she actually wins it, I'm sure it'll give MC the fire to create another masterpiece. Anything close to Caution is acceptable.

Comment

And?

Comment

• I really enjoy this thread, even tho I‘m not posting that much here. It‘s nice to see the daily updates Hopefully Mariah gets a Grammy nomination.

Comment

• It's heartwarming to see lambs unite whenever certain "others" begin to question the existence/continuity of this thread.

(Free reputation points for all supporters)
                        She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Threads are closed when that artist has a new era or when the era has long ended and the activity on that thread as well, so that someone doesn’t post in a thread that was inactive for 8 months to post that the album is #1435 on iTunes Bahrain.

“Caution” is not charting anywhere right now, and the album is already 1 year old.
                          In those cases aforementioned, this thread would be locked already.

But, as this thread has current activity (and not by just one user in a monologue) it won’t be locked by now.
                          Forums are for discussions. No need to lock one thread where people regularly post.

However, as the album is already one year old and the Spotify updates are the only chart realated info discussed here, and “in return” for not locking the thread, from now on I will ask you to please post WEEKLY Spotify updates for the album instead of daily updates.
                          I think weekly updates are more than enough for a 1 year old album with those figures.

Thanks

Comment

• Caution on the Billboard Charts

R&B Album Sales

#21 (RE) - 45 weeks
                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                              However, as the album is already one year old and the Spotify updates are the only chart realated info discussed here, and “in return” for not locking the thread, from now on I will ask you to please post WEEKLY Spotify updates for the album instead of daily updates. I think weekly updates are more than enough for a 1 year old album with those figures.
                              Okay then at least let me finish the daily updates until this Thursday. From Friday onwards, only weekly updates will be shared.

She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• It's hard to fathom why a thread on a discussion forum would ever be closed. If some thread keeps getting bumped by one or two tortured souls, everyone would just ignore it.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                  Caution on the Billboard Charts

R&B Album Sales

#21 (RE) - 45 weeks
                                  And the album is still charting here, so why can't we continue discussing this . Its unfair
                                  Mariah Carey
                                  Billboard's Top Solo Female of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by crybaby26 View Post
                                    And the album is still charting here, so why can't we continue discussing this . Its unfair
                                    ?

The thread isn’t closed.
                                    You can discuss it.
                                    So stop complaining.

Comment

• It's nice we can continue to keep the thread open but everyone who currently reads and contributes to this thread wants to see the daily updates, so I don't see why we can't have them anymore but anyways, it will be a shame to see them go.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                        Caution on the Billboard Charts

R&B Album Sales

#21 (RE) - 45 weeks
                                        I am also glad to see it charting again here, that means even after a year and months of no promo it got:

- 100k+ Spotify streams on the anniversary
                                        - 2.5-3 days charting on Apple Music US
                                        - Return to the R&B sales charts

Comment

• I love to read these daily updates, this is the reason why I go into UKMix every day!

It must be really annoying to some singers fans that even their peers don’t care for them enough to make a daily update on their latest albums, let alone the general public... I really don’t get why someone who is clearly not a fan of Mariah can be bothered by this thread, it’s totally nonsense!

Now, let’s hope she gets some Grammy nods tomorrow, it would be really cool to see this “flop” get another life
                                          Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

• I'm with [MENTION=92057]myworld[/MENTION] on this. WHY only weekly updated? pepole here are willing to spend their time & energy to keep track of the album's performance + it's rather active here. I DON'T GET IT. let us have our lil' fun with it.
                                            #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I'm with @myworld on this. WHY only weekly updates? pepole here are willing to spend their time & energy to keep track of the album's performance + it's rather active here. I DON'T GET IT. let us have our lil' fun with it.
                                              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I also love seeing these daily updates, i don't see the harm in them, especially now we are into Christmas season, it would've been great to see if Mariah's dominance during Christmas will have an effect on Caution streams. So i'm asking [MENTION=19930]nympho[/MENTION] to give us more time if possible to post daily updates.

For other artists' stans, go and find a hobby. If you don't like reading daily updates, then avoid this thread, simple as that.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Please,
                                                  DON’T FEED THE TROLLS

Report.

Comment

• This rule of how and what to post in this thread is quite frankly ridiculous. I would gladly take the discussion to a different forum where users can engage in these kinds of discussions and list, however, there is none... so ...

I want to add (as a former moderator of this very section) that UKMIX is actually renowned for this section - the charts section. The analysis in this section for all acts - Carey included - are often cited on other forums and across the internet.

It is because of people like @MrDash that the Mariah threads are always up to date and don't vanish.

I think that @nympho s latest rule was a rash decision and idk why.

What does make UKMIX unique? The dedication of its members... I don't see any harm by anyone in this thread... we do our thing and the goal was to do those updates until it hits 100 million anyway.

Spotify is THE go to platform these days (worldwide) for music consumption and I think that tracking this consumption is an integral part of an artists commercial music career these days.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Spotify is THE go to platform these days (worldwide) for music consumption and I think that tracking this consumption is an integral part of an artists commercial music career these days.
                                                      I agree. I find it funny that people even bother with daily iTunes updates these days, but realistically Spotify updates are more telling of current music consumption.
                                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• I check this thread every day to see daily gains....why are the moderators taking thay away from us? A 5K jump in streaming can be seen as 4 extra physical copies...still it is a sign that it went up and it could keep raising....Now we have grammy nominations and Christmas season ahead of us, yet all of the sudden moderators have decided to prohibit daily updates after one user who never checks this thread complained about it? Not fair....why are moderators trying to shake their supporters off?
                                                        IG Account:
                                                        https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• @stevyy

It was not a “rule” and I won’t give infractions if anyone keeps posting daily updates...
                                                          I was just asking you to please post weekly updates instead of daily ones now the album is more than a year old.
                                                          I think it’s reasonable. The thread is not closed as people are still interested and discussing, but no need for daily updates either, imo.

Anyway, keep posting daily updates if you want to... I’ll discuss it with the rest of the moderation team to make a decision.

Comment

• I check this thread daily as well.
                                                            Why the change if everyone, who reads and posts here, is actually happy about it?

Comment

• I dont have a problem with nympho’s decision despite reading every day as well.

Perhaps, when the time becomes appropriate, updates may be suited to her General Chart and Sales thread? It may be nice to have all her catalog updated in one place.
                                                              https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php?109979-Mariah-Carey-Charts-amp-Sales-History&p=7180575#post7180575
                                                              See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                              See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

Working...
                                                              X