This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I said before:

You can keep posting daily updates if you want to... I’ll discuss it with the rest of the moderation team to make a decision for this and all threads.

Now, please move on.

Thanks.

Comment

• I too enjoy the daily updates in this thread.

Comment

• Hello everyone, my name is Alex, I'm from Spain and I have registered to let you know that I have been reading this thread for months without registering, just looking for MrDash daily updates and your discussions on Caution. Thank you so much for your contributions, it's nice to read people who enjoy Mariah's music as much as I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by sm3 View Post
          The Grammys need to give Mimi her reparations for all the years they did her dirty.

Expecting 3 nominations at the very least. If they'll give her one, then Best R&B album should be it. This is her highest rated album 30 years into her career. She did THAT!!

If she actually wins it, I'm sure it'll give MC the fire to create another masterpiece. Anything close to Caution is acceptable.
          Mariah's Caution should be a shoo-in for R&B album nomination. 30 years in the game and still delivered a par excellence record. Make the Grammy's significant again!

Comment

• Then ask yourself why people leave this forum...

Who cares if it's 60M or 80M to keep opened this thread? Some of us enjoy it and that's all that matters. There are other artists threads that I don't follow and I simply ignore their threads.
            We've gone from having a Mariahmix section to this

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
              Then ask yourself why people leave this forum...

Who cares if it's 60M or 80M to keep opened this thread? Some of us enjoy it and that's all that matters. There are other artists threads that I don't follow and I simply ignore their threads.
              We've gone from having a Mariahmix section to this
              Haven’t you read I’ve posted like three times you can keep posting daily updates and that the thread won’t be closed by now and ask you to please move on?

Next post discussing this will be deleted.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                Haven’t you read I’ve posted like three times you can keep posting daily updates and that the thread won’t be closed by now and ask you to please move on?

Next post discussing this will be deleted.
                To move this on and avoid an infraction () and back on to our OTHER favourite topic I will say that this was the list published about how many nominations people got for the 2020 Grammys:

8 – Lizzo
                6 – Billie Eilish
                6 – Lil Nas X
                5 – Ariana Grande
                4 – Beyonce
                3 – Taylor Swift
                3 – Lady Gaga
                3 – Billy Ray Cyrus
                2 – Dolly Parton
                2 – Post Malone
                2 – Cardi B
                2 – Ed Sheeran
                2 – Rosalia
                2 – Lana Del Rey
                2 – Jonas Brothers
                2 – Victoria Monet
                2 – Bad Bunny
                2 – Drake
                2 – DaBaby
                2 – Camila Cabello
                1 – Shawn Mendes
                1 – Maggie Rogers
                1 – Lewis Capaldi
                1 – Tove Lo
                1 – Tyler, the Creator
                1 – Social House
                1 – Chris Brown
                1 – Justin Bieber
                1 – fka twigs
                0 – Solange

If that's correct then Solange also didn't get a nomination in the Best R&B Album category and I find that pretty difficult to believe. We know Mariah isn't a Grammy sweetheart but Solange has a 1 nomination 1 win record and her last album was also incredibly well reviewed.

Point being that I'm still holding out some hope for a nomination despite this "leak". I know Mariah doesn't care about this stuff (at least not publicly) but Caution - in my opinion - deserves recognition from her peers.

Comment

• Just two more hours to go and we will know.
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by sts View Post
                    To move this on and avoid an infraction () and back on to our OTHER favourite topic I will say that this was the list published about how many nominations people got for the 2020 Grammys:

8 – Lizzo
                    6 – Billie Eilish
                    6 – Lil Nas X
                    5 – Ariana Grande
                    4 – Beyonce
                    3 – Taylor Swift
                    3 – Lady Gaga
                    3 – Billy Ray Cyrus
                    2 – Dolly Parton
                    2 – Post Malone
                    2 – Cardi B
                    2 – Ed Sheeran
                    2 – Rosalia
                    2 – Lana Del Rey
                    2 – Jonas Brothers
                    2 – Victoria Monet
                    2 – Bad Bunny
                    2 – Drake
                    2 – DaBaby
                    2 – Camila Cabello
                    1 – Shawn Mendes
                    1 – Maggie Rogers
                    1 – Lewis Capaldi
                    1 – Tove Lo
                    1 – Tyler, the Creator
                    1 – Social House
                    1 – Chris Brown
                    1 – Justin Bieber
                    1 – fka twigs
                    0 – Solange

If that's correct then Solange also didn't get a nomination in the Best R&B Album category and I find that pretty difficult to believe. We know Mariah isn't a Grammy sweetheart but Solange has a 1 nomination 1 win record and her last album was also incredibly well reviewed.

Point being that I'm still holding out some hope for a nomination despite this "leak". I know Mariah doesn't care about this stuff (at least not publicly) but Caution - in my opinion - deserves recognition from her peers.

Not holding out hope for Mariah but I also think HER ( a Grammys Sweetheart), Ari Lennox, Khalid and others in the R&B categories would have appeared in the leaked list

Comment

• They snubbed her again :(

Comment

• So the list is out. Mariah is not on the list. The Grammy dumb awards is lacklustre again. https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/...-nominees-list
                        Last edited by nemospence; Wed November 20, 2019, 15:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                          Caution was released outside the Grammy submission date, so it could not have received any nominations. but an album which made the top 10 year end critics lists will hopefully get some recognition in 2020.
                          This ended up not happening and you can't blame the era's lack of success because last year Christina scored two nominations with The Liberation Era and with 2 singles that didn't reach the Hot 100.

Comment

• Caution worldwide streaming : SPOTIFY

Tuesday (11/19/2019)

# Title Plays Daily increase
                            1. GTFO 16,573,186 +15,720
                            2. With You 13,033,601 +15,166
                            3. Caution 10,114,131 +9,803
                            4. A No No 14,928,804 +16,026
                            5. The Distance 8,546,998 +8,587
                            6. Giving Me Life 4,693,698 +7,571
                            7. One Mo' Gen 3,575,140 +5,623
                            8. 8th Grade 3,959,264 +6,267
                            9. Stay Long Love You 3,632,419 +5,324
                            10. Portrait 3,063,784 +4,647
                            TOTAL 82,121,025 +94,734
                            She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Shania's incredible NOW album, her comeback album in 15 years, wasn't even nominated for Best Country album back in 2018. And to think that all tracks were written by Twain, and the album topping the charts in major markets. This Grammy and me–we are kinda not on the same page.

Comment

• Not a good idea to publicly bash them, ha?

Comment

• Originally posted by babyshower View Post
                                  Not a good idea to publicly bash them, ha?
                                  The Grammy's are supposed to be a non-biased team of music professionals, the fact they take personal opinions into account is highly unprofessional... other artists have bashed the Grammy's and still been nominated though.

At the end of the day, Caution received some of the best reviews and sales for an R&B album in 2018, it was actually more acclaimed and sold more than some of the other R&B album noms, so snubbing her again clearly proves their decades-old bias with her

Comment

• Guys, this is chart analysis.
                                    Wrong thread to discuss the (no) Grammy nominations and their reasons.

Use her General artists thread instead.

Back to topic, please.

Comment

• Well, at least the 1 year anniversary gave this album a slight boost. Hopefully streams will pick up more around Dec.
                                      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• question, how much has GTFO sold with streaming added? and with you?

Comment

• Round of infractions.

You were clearly told to move on and NOT discuss about it on this thread.

Trolling and stan wars not tolerated either.

Comment

• Originally posted by MimisEmancipation View Post
                                            question, how much has GTFO sold with streaming added? and with you?
                                            I'm inclined to say that GTFO didn't sell more than 30k in the US.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• What are the total sales of the album and each single? OP isn't updated...
                                              Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                              Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Caution worldwide streaming : SPOTIFY

Wednesday (11/20/2019)

# Title Plays Daily increase
                                                1. GTFO 16,589,070 +15,884
                                                2. With You 13,049,090 +15,489
                                                3. Caution 10,124,537 +10,406
                                                4. A No No 14,945,350 +16,546
                                                5. The Distance 8,555,878 +8,880
                                                6. Giving Me Life 4,701,337 +7,639
                                                7. One Mo' Gen 3,580,973 +5,833
                                                8. 8th Grade 3,965,700 +6,436
                                                9. Stay Long Love You 3,637,841 +5,422
                                                10. Portrait 3,068,504 +4,720
                                                TOTAL 82,218,280 +97,255

Comment

• in 5 days 8th Grade will reach 4 million streams. yay
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• I'm so excited to see the numbers go up again! I check this forum every day and have been hoping to see this happen during the Christmas season! I hope you can keep posting until the end of the year. After that, I'm OK with weekly posts. I just want to see what December does!

Thank you so much for your work in posting the updates every day!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X