This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mariah Carey:: 'GTFO' Era

Its doing well but getting number 1 now days takes barely any sales .

Comment

I honestly didn't expect #1 WW, even for this brief moment. I will drink to that!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForgottenHero
        Its doing well but getting number 1 now days takes barely any sales .
        #1 worldwide is something else than being #1 in a single country tho.

Plus a song which would hold that #1 worldwide could sell beyond 100,000 worldwide (on itunes alone).

not too shabby. The song is probably selling 280 copies per hour now. It should finish day 1 on US itunes with around 5,000 copies sold.
        My Chart

Comment

Looking forward to this Era - Fantastic first single.

Hoping for top10 in both Aus and the UK.

Hoping she scores another #B.
          Originally posted by SummerPeur
          Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
          Originally posted by Goldmoney
          So does her microphone

Comment

Originally posted by bm08
            I honestly didn't expect #1 WW, even for this brief moment. I will drink to that!!
            seeiously, im crying tbh
            Mariah makes me so happy and proud to stan for her

Comment

I expect this to have similar results to the new single of Janet Jackson - good first week sales that will be enough for GTFO to chart around the #80s on Hot 100 but will struggle on Spotify/Apple Music. After the first week and video impact is gone, sales will plummet and the song will disappear from the charts. But this will do better worldwide that Janet's single 'cause Mariah has a strong fan base outside of the United States, Janet is very local.

Comment

I hope this song spurs on the rest of her catalog in the streaming world, besides Merry Christmas, she's not really the best catalog seller.

The song needs a few listens to be liked I think.
                Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow

Comment

I think that the song will chart in like 3-4 countries in Europe... and hopefully makes it into the H100...

The real focus should be on the first single tho. It is nice to get 2 songs from the album within a month from each other.
                  My Chart

Comment

Ugh, I guess it won’t reach #1 on US iTunes now...
                    A pitty it missed it by such a narrow margin.
                    Anyway, I don’t think anyone expected to reach as high as #2 in the first place...

Placed at #14 on Spotify’s New Music Friday playlist. Could have been better, could have been worse.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by nympho
                        Ugh, I guess it won’t reach #1 on US iTunes now...
                        A pitty it missed it by such a narrow margin.
                        Anyway, I don’t think anyone expected to reach as high as #2 in the first place...

Placed at #14 on Spotify’s New Music Friday playlist. Could have been better, could have been worse.

It's coming back up

Comment

Originally posted by nympho
                          So confirmed this is a "buzz" and the "real" 1st single "With You" to be released next 5 October.

Today, incomparable, multi-platinum, multiple Grammy award winning global superstar Mariah Carey (the best-selling female artist of all time with 18 Hot 100 #1 hits) returns with the first taste of her new music, "GTFO," available worldwide now.

The new song is a tempting first helping from her upcoming new album, due out later this year, whetting fans' appetites for the album's stunning kickoff single, "With You," scheduled for an October 5 release. Both tracks are from her upcoming 15th studio album, her first studio album since 2014. "GTFO" is produced by Grammy nominated/multiple ASCAP award winner Nineteen85, who has worked with Drake and Jordan Manswell (Daniel Caesar), among others. An early treat for fans, atmospheric beats abound on the new track, with Mariah finding even more nuance in her seamlessly-spun vocal repertoire, her velvety, middle-range virtuosity once again dazzling in breathy hues. The sultry track is the first serving of new music from the acclaimed singer/songwriter/producer since inking an exclusive partnership with her imprint Butterfly MC Records and Epic in the spring of 2017. Mariah will share the music video for the new song tomorrow, September 14. The clip is directed by Sarah McColgan (Kelly Clarkson, Charli XCX). Her official single, "With You," which arrives on October 5, seductively sets the stage for Mariah's eagerly anticipated album coming later in 2018.

The announcement of the new songs, coming on the heels of her much-heralded Las Vegas Residency, ‘The Butterfly Returns,' marks the impassioned return of one of the most revered and identifiable voices in pop history. She's also putting the finishing touches on her forthcoming album. The flurry of creative activity has turned up the buzz with her enormous social media following, heightening the unbreakable rapport between the personable star and her avid fan base which she affectionately refers to as her ‘lambily.' "I wanted to give my fans and everyone a first listen that wasn't so serious," says Mariah. "I've had so much fun making this album, and I wanted the first moment to reflect that light-hearted spirit."

Mariah's enthusiasm extends to her recent live endeavors. The multitalented star finished up her Caesar's Palace residency on September 10 to rave reviews, and will be performing at the eighth annual iHeartRadio Music Festival at Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena on September 21. A range of unique promotional ventures are in the works for fall, surrounding the October 5 "With You" release and subsequent video, with more surprises in store for fans to close out the year. Mariah has also announced plans to continue ‘The Butterfly Returns' headlining show at the Colosseum in Caesar's Palace in February of 2019.

Exhibiting a transcendent vocal ability, irrepressible staying power and unparalleled body of work that only a handful of artists in the modern era have achieved, Mariah Carey is poised to deliver via Epic Records/Butterfly MC Records one of the most accomplished albums of her incredible career.
                          https://www.mariahcarey.com/news/title/ ... song-gtfo/
                          The new term we have learned is kickoff single.

Comment

I think the positions on Spotify playlists (100K+) are quite low.

Playlist - Position - (Followers)

Novidades da Semana - 16 / 58 - (1,180,865)
                            --
                            Now Hear This - 33 / 60 - (779,825)
                            New Music Friday UK - 73 / 85 - (638,505)
                            New Music Friday Philippines - 8 / 88 - (525,430)
                            --
                            New Music Friday Deutschland - 56 / 58 - (446,183)
                            New Hits (Germany) - 24 / 92 - (431,022)
                            Internacionais 2018 (Músicas Mais Tocadas) - 22 / 106 (428,088)
                            On Fleek - 29 / 60 - (403,168)
                            New Music Friday France - 47 / 69 - (210,193)
                            --
                            New Music Friday NL - 36 / 68 - (168,502)
                            New Music Friday Italia - 39 / 50 - (163,469)
                            New Music Friday Sweden - 8 / 81 - (143,156)
                            R&B Movement - ?8 / 60 - (132,685)
                            New Music Friday Norway - 18 / 79 - (123,705)
                            Novedades Viernes España - 42 / 59 - (115,616)
                            Pop Incoming - 7 / 87 - (111,292)
                            New Music Friday Indonesia - 10 / 64 - (105,879)
                            New Music Friday - 30 / 49 - (104,176)
                            Mariah Carey - Top Tracks - 1 / 24 - (103,397)
                            --
                            Fresh R&B - 4/82 - (90,226)

Comment

GTFO

iTunes Positions

1 (=) - Brazil
                              1 (=) - Greece
                              1 (=) - Hong Kong
                              1 (=) - Hungary
                              1 (=) - Israel
                              1 (=) - Malasya
                              2 (=) - US
                              2 (=) - Indonesia
                              5 (-1) - Ireland
                              8 (=) - France
                              9 (-2) - Australia
                              11 (-1) - Czech Republic
                              11 (=) - UK
                              13 (+4) - Canada
                              14 (-3) - Italy
                              23 (+50) - Denmark
                              26 (-5) - Belgium
                              45 (+7) - Germany
                              75 (+26) - Austria
                              159 (+109) - Japan

Comment

Originally posted by bm08
                                I think the positions on Spotify playlists (100K+) are quite low.

Playlist - Position - (Followers)

Novidades da Semana - 16 / 58 - (1,180,865)
                                --
                                Now Hear This - 33 / 60 - (779,825)
                                New Music Friday UK - 73 / 85 - (638,505)
                                New Music Friday Philippines - 8 / 88 - (525,430)
                                --
                                New Music Friday Deutschland - 56 / 58 - (446,183)
                                New Hits (Germany) - 24 / 92 - (431,022)
                                Internacionais 2018 (Músicas Mais Tocadas) - 22 / 106 (428,088)
                                On Fleek - 29 / 60 - (403,168)
                                New Music Friday France - 47 / 69 - (210,193)
                                --
                                New Music Friday NL - 36 / 68 - (168,502)
                                New Music Friday Italia - 39 / 50 - (163,469)
                                New Music Friday Sweden - 8 / 81 - (143,156)
                                R&B Movement - ?8 / 60 - (132,685)
                                New Music Friday Norway - 18 / 79 - (123,705)
                                Novedades Viernes España - 42 / 59 - (115,616)
                                Pop Incoming - 7 / 87 - (111,292)
                                New Music Friday Indonesia - 10 / 64 - (105,879)
                                New Music Friday - 30 / 49 - (104,176)
                                Mariah Carey - Top Tracks - 1 / 24 - (103,397)
                                --
                                Fresh R&B - 4/82 - (90,226)
                                It’s also on

New Music Friday - 14/90 - (2,861,870)
                                New Music Friday Canada - 19/90 - (224,845)

Comment

I can't at waking up to this still being at #2 on US iTunes.
                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                                    I can't at waking up to this still being at #2 on US iTunes.
                                    me neither... Triumphant at this point was already on the move out of the top 40. It debuted with 29,000 copies sold after its first week in 2012 - during the peak of digital sales.

I wonder what a #2 in 2018 is worth... as I was saying... maybe 250 copies sold per hour for a total of 6,000 copies sold in the US so far.
                                    My Chart

Comment

I guess first week sales of 10k to 15k is within reach?

Comment

Russian Music Chart
                                        25. GTFO (Hot Shot Debut)

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy
                                          I wonder what a #2 in 2018 is worth....
                                          Its quite worthless these days if its not backed up by Spotify and Radio .... songs can hit #1 on itunes these days and not chart at all on the Hot 100 or any other chart in the world.
                                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

I read somewhere smth about this having sold 7k+ already in the USA.
                                            If she keeps pulling like 5k per day, that'd be an achievement and could end up selling like 35k or 40k, which is more than she did w/T, TAOLG, YM, Infinity, I don't...

Problem is radio ain't touching this and streaming has been low.
                                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

275,234 streams on spotify so far... OMG... 400,000 would be low... Success level starts at 1 million after 1 day.
                                              My Chart

Comment

275,234 streams on spotify so far... OMG... 400,000 would be low... Success level starts at 1 million after 1 day.
                                                Considering that she was not put on any playlists yesterday, I think she is off to a decent start. The real prediction will be after today. If this is no real traction after the song is added to playlists on Spotify, then I will start to worry.

Comment

As I told you yesterday on the other thread, expecting 1 million was simply unrealistic. Really really unrealistic.

She had less than half a day in some territories and, as it was a Thursday release, it was not added to any playlist.

We'll see tomorrow if the playlists where she was added today had any impact (although the placings in most of them were average or bad). I expect it to reach 700k at best tomorrow.

Views on Youtube are bad as well... Less than 300k in 12 hours. It won't reach 1 million on 1st day.
                                                  I wasn't expecting the video to explode either... It's a simple video with basically just her for 3.30 minutes... Fan-only material.

I guess most fans are still with a decade ago way of thiking and iTunes positions make us think that a song is a bigger hit than it really is... Cause streaming, so far, it's bad.
                                                  It will need to hold really well on sales during the week to be able to chart at the very low region of Hot 100.

Comment

GTFO's streaming numbers are normal for an older female artist waaaay past their commercial prime... since this won't be pushed on radio'cause it's a buzz single I expect this to be a non event in terms of streaming, the video is very boring and will not help at all either.

Comment

Spotify Charts (13/09/2018)

We Belong Together
                                                      200 (NE) - Philippines

:x

Comment

"I dont" and "infinity (lyric)" videos both surpassed over 1million views in 24 hours

GTFO is tracking 600k in 24 hours. Disappointing considering its #1 worldwide iTunes

Comment

Any news about US radio audience?

She needs a radio deal and pay to be on Spotify's playlists like 'Today's Top Hits'. It's unbelievable the way Spotify already put Khalid's new song on that playlist. Her streaming numbers are quite low unfortunely...

Comment

Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy
                                                            "I dont" and "infinity (lyric)" videos both surpassed over 1million views in 24 hours

GTFO is tracking 600k in 24 hours. Disappointing considering its #1 worldwide iTunes
                                                            It's too early for disappointment. I think that videos are usually getting more views during the second half of the day, so 1 million is not impossible.

They already reported it?
                                                            Gone.

Comment

UK Downloads Chart
                                                              86 (New) GTFO

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/si ... ads-chart/

11 hours of sales.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X