Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper :: The "A Star Is Born" OST Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Million View Post
    ASIB has now entered Australia's all-time Top 100 at #99 (2133 points).
    Do you have a link for this? I can´t find it. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
      Isn’t +400k for the RIAA a bit high?
      Considering Shallow was released only one week before the album, it won’t add much to pre-album release streams, so the vast majority of those 400k extra would come from YouTube.
      400k copies are 600M vídeo streams, if I’m not wrong.

How much the ASIB videos add on YouTube and how much of that total comes from US?
      Breakdown from Youtube Insights (ww):

Shallow: 1,22B
      INLA: 405M
      ARUTW: 253M
      Is That Alright?: 82.4M
      Look What I Found: 71.2M
      Shallow (Live in Vegas): 23.3M

Total: 2,054,900,000 views from only 5 songs.

Keep in mind some facts:

This number is smaller than the real and is not up to date, for example, "Shallow (Live in Vegas)" appears with 23.3M views on Youtube Insight, when on Youtube it has 30.1M views.

The ARUTW views aren't correct (like all the others) because, as an example, the fan made lyric with 127M views didn't enter into the sum since the sum of the views of the official video (163,3M) + official audio (45,6M) and with these (127.2M) of video fan made a total of 336.1M views, almost 100M more views than reported by Youtube Insights.

And yes, for video views to be counted toward RIAA certifications, it only needs to be in the "Music" category, and this 127 million view fan made video is in that category, it just wasn't detected by Youtube Insights.

So, let's say these 5 songs have around 2.7B of views, which is probably true:

Shallow: ~1,42B
      INLA: ~525M
      ARUTW: ~500M
      Is That Alright: ~150M
      Look What I Found: ~100M

Total: ~2,7B views

There are still 13 songs left to enter in the sum of the views, since soundtrack has 18/19 songs.

Let's say "Maybe It's Time" has something like 100M views counting audio + lyrics fan made (42M in the official audio only)

Total: ~2,8B views

And suppose the remaining 12 tracks have each ~25M views, which is not impossible, given that some are popular, like "Black Eyes" and "Music To My Eyes", generating a total of ~300M views.

Total sum arrives at 3.1B views, and being modest, and assuming only 20% of that came from the US, we got a total of 620M views that came from the US, generating ~415,000 units from video streams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cherry123 View Post
        Do you have a link for this? I can´t find it. Thanks.
        https://australian-charts.com/bestall_a.asp

You're welcome.

Comment

Breakdown from Youtube Insights (ww):

Shallow: 1,22B
          INLA: 405M
          ARUTW: 253M
          Is That Alright?: 82.4M
          Look What I Found: 71.2M
          Shallow (Live in Vegas): 23.3M

Total: 2,054,900,000 views from only 5 songs.

Keep in mind some facts:

This number is smaller than the real and is not up to date, for example, "Shallow (Live in Vegas)" appears with 23.3M views on Youtube Insight, when on Youtube it has 30.1M views.

The ARUTW views aren't correct (like all the others) because, as an example, the fan made lyric with 127M views didn't enter into the sum since the sum of the views of the official video (163,3M) + official audio (45,6M) and with these (127.2M) of video fan made a total of 336.1M views, almost 100M more views than reported by Youtube Insights.

And yes, for video views to be counted toward RIAA certifications, it only needs to be in the "Music" category, and this 127 million view fan made video is in that category, it just wasn't detected by Youtube Insights.

So, let's say these 5 songs have around 2.7B of views, which is probably true:

Shallow: ~1,42B
          INLA: ~525M
          ARUTW: ~500M
          Is That Alright: ~150M
          Look What I Found: ~100M

Total: ~2,7B views

There are still 13 songs left to enter in the sum of the views, since soundtrack has 18/19 songs.

Let's say "Maybe It's Time" has something like 100M views counting audio + lyrics fan made (42M in the official audio only)

Total: ~2,8B views

And suppose the remaining 12 tracks have each ~25M views, which is not impossible, given that some are popular, like "Black Eyes" and "Music To My Eyes", generating a total of ~300M views.

Total sum arrives at 3.1B views, and being modest, and assuming only 20% of that came from the US, we got a total of 620M views that came from the US, generating ~415,000 units from video streams.

RIAA AND GR&F CERTIFICATION AUDIT REQUIREMENTS RIAA ALBUM AWARD

Only official video streams (i.e. not user generated content) are eligible.

Only official label/company videos count towards certification, User Generated Videos do not.

http://www.riaa.com/wp-content/uploa...QUIREMENTS.pdf

Comment

RIAA AND GR&F CERTIFICATION AUDIT REQUIREMENTS RIAA ALBUM AWARD

Only official video streams (i.e. not user generated content) are eligible.

Only official label/company videos count towards certification, User Generated Videos do not.

http://www.riaa.com/wp-content/uploa...QUIREMENTS.pdf
            Yes I know that but we know that the RIAA is full of exceptions, I'm not so sure if they really follow their own rules. Anyway, it should have those 400k with Shallow pre-album release SPS (70k only in pure sales) and video streams.

Besides that you agree with my estimates (2,5 million)...

Originally posted by nympho View Post
            ^
            Don’t know their source, but no.
            Even adding video streams, the RIAA total is not 850k higher than Billboard’s.
            Maybe 2.5 million or so.
            Last edited by Million; Tue September 17th, 2019, 08:00.

Comment

• @Million

70k is what Shallow sold pre-album release (12k+58k).
              For albums certifications is 1/10, so 7k units. Not 70k.

I don’t think RIAA is making exceptions with user generated videos...

I think YouTube official videos and audios of the ASIB add around 1.7 billion.
              20% of that coming from US = 340 million views = 226k units. Plus pre-album sales and streams, 250k max, imo.

2,192,000 + 250,000 = 2,442,000

When I said 2.5M I was making a rough, rounded estimation. (And your number, 2,592,000, is almost 100k higher anyway).

Comment

Hello was released in mid-October 2015 and was #6 on the Swiss year-end list, so it's not guaranteed, apart from the fact that it's almost impossible for her to repeat a Hello sized smash again.
                Same could have been said for Shallow/Poker Face last year, so never underestimate big acts.
                "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

@Million

70k is what Shallow sold pre-album release (12k+58k).
                  For albums certifications is 1/10, so 7k units. Not 70k.

I don’t think RIAA is making exceptions with user generated videos...

I think YouTube official videos and audios of the ASIB add around 1.7 billion.
                  20% of that coming from US = 340 million views = 226k units. Plus pre-album sales and streams, 250k max, imo.

2,192,000 + 250,000 = 2,442,000

When I said 2.5M I was making a rough, rounded estimation. (And your number, 2,592,000, is almost 100k higher anyway).
                  You have your estimates and I have mine, nobody knows the correct number, because we don't know if really only official views count for the certificates (it's in the rules, but we know how the industry works), and also, we don't know if only 20% of total views come from the US.

I didn't just talk about Shallow's pure sales first week (70k) but its SPS, which encompasses the first week's pure sales + audio and video streams. Estimates are estimates, the only exact number I provided is Billboard units.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
                    Same could have been said for Shallow/Poker Face last year, so never underestimate big acts.
                    And what about it? Your comparison was meaningless, because my point was that when she released Hello, Adele came from 21 and had all that hype around her back in the day, now she comes from 25, an album that was inferior in both sales and impact compared to 21, and she has huge and real chances of not repeating a big hit like Hello was. The situation between her and Gaga is also not comparable as Gaga had a big successful movie to promote Shallow, although that's not the real reason why Shallow became so huge. I'm not underestimating Adele's power, i'm just saying the truth.
                    Last edited by Million; Tue September 17th, 2019, 12:28.

Comment

• Still, she sold more than 20m copies with that "inferior" album, with a good lead single, it will outsell Shallow and other big hits in 2-3 weeks.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        Still, she sold more than 20m copies with that "inferior" album, with a good lead single, it will outsell Shallow and other big hits in 2-3 weeks.
                        This is just an unsupported assumption, by the way, we're in a topic about Lady Gaga's A Star Is Born era, not about something related to Adele, can you stay on topic? Thanks.
                        Last edited by Million; Tue September 17th, 2019, 16:46.

Comment

This is just an unsupported assumption, by the way, we're in a topic about Lady Gaga's A Star Is Born era, not about something related to Adele, can you stay on topic? Thanks.
                          It was actually about Shallow's chances of being #1 on Swiss Year End Charts. Nothing is guaranteed at this point.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• It's easier to sell a lot if you have a period of a whole year instead of just a few months or weeks, but yes, technically, a song could become the No. 1 seller of the year with just one week. Think of something like 'Candle In The Wind', 'Only Time' or 'Time To Say Goodbye': Tragedies can help a single selling a lot of copies in a very short time. Or a very big and unexpected comeback...
                            When the bones are good, the rest don't matter
                            Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter
                            (Maren Morris)

Comment

• Spain
                              30 (27) 49 ASIB

78 (78) 50 Shallow

Iceland
                              28 (29) 48 ASIB

Comment

• Canada
                                27 (22) 49 ASIB

41 (28) 50 Shallow (10 Post Malone songs debuted above ��) * needs 3 more weeks and it will become her longest charting song there surpassing Poker Face*

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                  It was actually about Shallow's chances of being #1 on Swiss Year End Charts. Nothing is guaranteed at this point.
                                  You tried to use Adele, but you failed because even Hello wasn't #1 at Switzerland's year-end, besides the fact that she's not guaranteed to comeback this year. Shallow has big chances to get the #1. Let's stay on topic now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moella View Post
                                    Canada
                                    27 (22) 49 ASIB

41 (28) 50 Shallow (10 Post Malone songs debuted above ��) * needs 3 more weeks and it will become her longest charting song there surpassing Poker Face*
                                    Do you know if Sweet But Psycho became recurrent? I guess so.

Comment

Do you know if Sweet But Psycho became recurrent? I guess so.
                                      Yes it’s gone

+

Portugal[2 weeks]
                                      31 (26) 49 ASIB

55 (45) 50 Shallow

Comment

Canada
                                        27 (22) 49 ASIB

Unfortunately it will leave the chart with 52 weeks, as it has no strength to return to the top 25. A whole year on the chart just like Poker Face, absolutely amazing.

Comment

SWITZERLAND

20 (23) 50 Shallow

38 (45) 49 ARUTW
                                          +
                                          Swiss Album Charts

29 (24) 49 A Star Is Born

Comment

• Will she start a new era while ASIB is still going strong or will she let this one die out before new music? I'd say ASIB will do great during Christmas period.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ^ I think she will release the lead single later this year with the album coming early 2020, probably around February. So the new album could still benefit from ASIB's success (Grammys hype; she'll be nominated and has something new out = perfect timing for promo) and ASIB has still room to 'breathe' during Christmas.

Comment

• Shallow is now certified Platinum in Germany.

Comment

• Originally posted by CRYPTIQUE View Post
                                                  Shallow is now certified Platinum in Germany.
                                                  Nothing for the album, though?

Comment

Nothing for the album, though?
                                                    No but the August report is not out yet so maybe it will include other certifications for her

Comment

• Hello everybody.

I need your help!

It worked last time for ARUTW (And Shallow)

I just tweeted Spotify France for them to add INLA in the playlist "Hits du moment"

It's the third single here in France.

Can you all please RT this tweet?

https://twitter.com/ViviLittleM/stat...76102006743040

Comment

• Poland ASIB 4x Platinum today - 80k

Comment

• Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
                                                          Poland ASIB 4x Platinum today - 80k
                                                          Wow 20k away from Diamond will be her second Diamond album in the country ��

Comment

• Austria
                                                            41 (39) 48 ASIB

67 (69) 49 Shallow

Denmark
                                                            14 (10) 44 ASIB

OUT (35) 39 Shallow *her second longest running song in Denmark after Just Dance (44 weeks)*

Comment

Wow 20k away from Diamond will be her second Diamond album in the country ��
                                                              She will be the third female artist to have two diamond albums in Poland.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X