#180(+3) A Star Is Born [109 weeks]

Comment

• New peak for both

Billboard Global 200 Excl. U.S

52. Shallow

Billboard Global 200

59. Shallow

Comment

• I messaged Universal Music Switzerland about Gaga’s certifications and Shallow’s record! They replied telling me that they will update them soon Tansike

Comment

• Originally posted by Moella View Post
          I messaged Universal Music Switzerland about Gaga’s certifications and Shallow’s record! They replied telling me that they will update them soon Tansike
          The company for certifications in Switzerland is a big mess, so it would be amazing if they actually updated her catalogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

The company for certifications in Switzerland is a big mess, so it would be amazing if they actually updated her catalogue.
            She said they made the arrangement! But idk which records will be updated! I noticed they certified Driver’s License last week so why not awarding their other artists their due certs!

Comment

I messaged Universal Music Switzerland about Gaga’s certifications and Shallow’s record! They replied telling me that they will update them soon Tansike
              OMG thank you!

I keep checking the database several times daily because... well, it's long overdue and I'm too excited to see what certification it will have.

But somehow I feel like we will be disappointed. It's surely at least 6x-8x Platinum eligible...

Comment

• Austria

4 (RE) 85 ASIB

38 (RE) 56 Shallow

Comment

• Huge! And it's even better than in Switzerland, the place where 'A Star Is Born' has performed best among all GAS countries thus far .

Comment

Austria

4 (RE) 85 ASIB

38 (RE) 56 Shallow

Best position for the album in 22 months! 31 weeks in the top 10.
                    Best position for Shallow in 20 months!

Comment

• Poland

45 (RE) 101 ASIB

Germany

90 (53) 58 ASIB

OUT (70) 58 Shallow

Hungary

23 (RE) 81 Shallow

Denmark

18 (17) 111 ASIB

CANADA
                      57 (55) 124 ASIB

US
                      180 (183) 109 ASIB

Czech Republic

27 (35) 119 ASIB

80 (RE) 102 Shallow

France

73 (69) 124 ASIB

167 (199) 122 Shallow

SPAIN
                      73 (63) 121 ASIB

87 (88) 87 Shallow

Italy

32 (41) 113 ASIB

48 (76) 75 Shallow

Belgium

Flanders
                      68 (22) 124 ASIB

Wallonia
                      81 (57) 124 ASIB

Norway

27 (26) 121 ASIB

Netherlands

34 (32) 95 ASIB

83 (79) 81 Shallow

Ireland

5 (5) 61 ASIB (Compilations chart)

68 (58) 118 Shallow

UK

13 (15) 61 ASIB (compilations chart)

71 (64) 97 Shallow

Portugal

107 (123) 124 Shallow

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post

Shallow's UK sales updated: 1,990,300

2M this week!
                        Update?

Comment

• How unusual to see the album have a major rise in Austria and Switzerland but not in Germany...

Comment

How unusual to see the album have a major rise in Austria and Switzerland but not in Germany...
                            What exactly is unusual? The era was a huge smash in Switzerland! Shallow never left the charts there and the album was out for a few weeks only! Austria is a smaller market so it was easier for the album to get that high! But also the fact that the album managed to chart for 2 more weeks on the German charts thanks to the TV debut of the film , is impressive!

Comment

How unusual to see the album have a major rise in Austria and Switzerland but not in Germany...
                              No surprises here. While Switzerland and Austria are more pop-driven, Germany is dominated by rap/hip-hop and old rock acts, so I already expect ASIB to have better results in the other two markets than in Germany

Originally posted by Million View Post
                              Great! I think the boost in Austria and Switzerland will be even better.
                              But anyway, this has no influence on the massive success that ASIB had in Germany, as it's the only soundtrack to feature in the Top 50 in two YEC in the past decade in the country.

Comment

• Plus the German charts are revenue based and I think the TV boost was mainly a digital one, so a „cheaper“ one. I feel like people buy less physical albums these days, especially with in store purchases still being impossible due to lockdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  Plus the German charts are revenue based and I think the TV boost was mainly a digital one, so a „cheaper“ one. I feel like people buy less physical albums these days, especially with in store purchases still being impossible due to lockdown.
                                  Yes, half of ASIB's sales came from pure sales, in particular, in physical format, which for an album released in late 2018 is something really massive, considering that most of the albums at the top of the charts these days are basically supported on streaming alone (not that ASIB fails on that metric, this album is a monster in all metrics).
                                  Last edited by Million; Sun February 28, 2021, 08:44.

Comment

• Chile they updated switz certs and I don’t want to post them because it’s so messy. I truly hate her team

Comment

• Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
                                      Chile they updated switz certs and I don’t want to post them because it’s so messy. I truly hate her team
                                      I'm sure those certificates represent pure sales only.

Comment

• 'A Star Is Born's certification seems too low compared to 'Artpop' or 'Chromatica' with regard to all of these albums' chart runs.

Comment

But somehow I feel like we will be disappointed. It's surely at least 6x-8x Platinum eligible...
                                          Damn, I saw it coming. A mess

Comment

The fact that Zoe Wees' 'Control' got one more platinum disc than 'Shallow' despite not even having reached the top 10. Well, if they had decided to troll, they could've gone hardcore and only award the single with gold like Helene Fischer's 'Best Of' despite having charted for 200+ weeks ^^ !
                                            Last edited by theMathematician; Sun February 28, 2021, 15:13.

Comment

The fact that Zoe Wees' 'Control' got one more platinum disc than 'Shallow' despite not even having reached the top 10. Well, if they decided to troll, they could've gone hardcore and only award the single with gold like Helene Fischer's 'Best Of' despite having charted for 200+ weeks ^^ !
                                              It‘s interesting how those „weird“ certifications always come from Universal...

Comment

• @ladygaga´s new certifications in Switzerland

Always Remember Us This Way - Gold [10.000]
                                                Shallow - 2x Platinum [40.000]
                                                A Star Is Born Soundtrack - Platinum [20.000]
                                                Last edited by rocknrollallnit; Sun February 28, 2021, 18:29.

Comment

​​​​​​Drivers license: certified Platinum in Switzerland in just one month when it only had 1.7M streams on Switzerland's Spotify

Shallow: 12.4M streams on Switzerland's Spotify and only 2x P? lmaoooo

Comment

• Swiss Charts

41 (27) 125 Shallow <2xP>
                                                    Out (71) 76 Always Remember Us This Way <G>

37 (12) 109 A Star Is Born <P>

Comment

Working...
                                                    X