#31 France
    #38 Turkey
    #57 Ireland
    #71 Mexico
    #76 Canada
    #78 United Kingdom
    #105 Indonesia
    #116 Russia
    Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

Re: Ariana Grande :: The “Thank You, Next” Era

It also reached #1 in Turkey yesterday, saw it with my own eyes.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

WW Spotify

1 (=) thank u, next 8,197,811

US Spotify

1 (=) thank u, next 3,030,813

UK Spotify

1 (=) thank u, next 785,120

the numbers

Comment

Re: Ariana Grande :: The “thank u, next” Era

^ woah, big increase in the UK! She‘s coming for the #1 debut

But these are the exact same numbers as yesterday in the US, how come?

Comment

^

US
            #1 - 4,190,968

Comment

I got this from Atrl, if it's true, it's huge. It's second day worldwide numbers.

Spotify Update

Total: 18,876,344

Today: 10,699,754
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

It is!! I just checked Spotify
                BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Comment

Wow! And she released this without any teasing or anything like she did for previous records.
                  You got me feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancin...

Comment

Damn, this is insane

Comment

Predicted to smash in at #1 in the Hot 100 with 25% more points than Girls Like You! Everyone must be having it on repeat (because it’s amazing)!

(Have we ever had #1 debuts purely from audio streaming?)
                      Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                      Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

Originally posted by Cactuar
                        Predicted to smash in at #1 in the Hot 100 with 25% more points than Girls Like You! Everyone must be having it on repeat (because it’s amazing)!

How would it be purely from audio streaming? It’s available to download, it’s on YouTube and I guess it’s getting some radio spins as well.

Comment

Originally posted by nympho
                          Originally posted by Cactuar

How would it be purely from audio streaming? It’s available to download, it’s on YouTube and I guess it’s getting some radio spins as well.
                          I think download, YT and radio cover way less than those 25% more points so it might as well be all streaming.
                          I have received many gifts from God,
                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I get Nympho's point though.
                            He means that even if streaming makes up for almost all of the Song's future points,it's also available for download and on YT ,so it doesn't qualify as a 'streaming only' single.

Regardless of what may happen,I'm so happy for her success!

Comment

Of course he's right, but it would be very cool if only streaming would make for enough points for #1 debut.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy
                                Of course he's right, but it would be very cool if only streaming would make for enough points for #1 debut.
                                Yes,absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by beredy
                                  But we’ll never know as Billboard doesn’t ever mention how many “points” come from every source or even their precise methodology.

I’m sure, though, that even in that case, this wouldn’t be the 1st time streaming points were enough for a #1.

Comment

I don't think this will be #1 but top 3 debut is on lock.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

UK Mid-Week Tuesday

Singles

1 Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (22.6k)
                                      2 Little Mix feat. Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me (18.2k)
                                      3 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises (17.7k)
                                      4 Ariana Grande - thank u, next (17.3k) *
                                      5 Rita Ora - Let You Love Me (17.0k)

Albums

10 Ariana Grande - Sweetener
                                      Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

Yep, going #1. Congrats Ari!

Comment

#1 in the US iTunes!!!

Comment

Streaming from Monday is actually missing in that UK Midweek Update

And yasss at US iTunes!

Comment

I love how her first US #1 is her most nonchalant single campaign ever
                                              *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

Wait, are we seriously on a new era? Like an entirely new album by the end of 2018?

Comment

Originally posted by byzantium
                                                  Wait, are we seriously on a new era? Like an entirely new album by the end of 2018?
                                                  Well, as a Rihanna fan, it doesn’t surprise me we had like 38 albums in 38 years

Maybe Ari needs to write and record new music to explain her feelings during the current situation. Her past 18 months have been SO intense... Poor girl, I totally understand her, music is her way to deal with emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike
                                                    Streaming from Monday is actually missing in that UK Midweek Update

And yasss at US iTunes!
                                                    Updates in UK always miss a day or two of streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by JeyBeMust
                                                      Well, as a Rihanna fan, it doesn’t surprise me we had like 38 albums in 38 years

Maybe Ari needs to write and record new music to explain her feelings during the current situation. Her past 18 months have been SO intense... Poor girl, I totally understand her, music is her way to deal with emotions.
                                                      I am all for it, just completely surprised! I miss the days of an annual rihanna album. R9 is taking too long.

Comment

I am all for it, just completely surprised! I miss the days of an annual rihanna album. R9 is taking too long.
                                                        I miss those days too. Do you imagine Ari and Rihanna releasing an album soon? And some other pop girls like Little Mix, Adele, Madonna or Zara Larsson. Pop queens coming back to reign the charts and throwing rap acts outside the Top 20

Comment

[center:2owjztpe]Ariana Grande's brand-new single, "thank u, next" (Republic), which dropped over the weekend, is blowing up on the streaming platforms, having hit #1 at Apple Music, Spotify U.S. and Global and iTunes. She's already approaching a 135k song equivalent, and it's only Tuesday.

Grande's 2 billion+ total streams as an artist put her in rare company: she joins Taylor Swift and Rihanna among the most streamed female artists on Apple's platform. "thank u" is also the first pop tune to hit #1 on Apple Music's Global Top 100.[/center:2owjztpe]
                                                          http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=314067&title=ARIANA

Comment

So the single has 135k units in US so far. How many units had 'Girls Like You' last week?

Comment

Originally posted by JeyBeMust

I miss those days too. Do you imagine Ari and Rihanna releasing an album soon? And some other pop girls like Little Mix, Adele, Madonna or Zara Larsson. Pop queens coming back to reign the charts and throwing rap acts outside the Top 20
                                                              The industry goes through periods. The pop girls had a good run in 2008-2014 with Gaga, Perry, Rihanna, Taylor, and Beyonce. It is fair to let hip hop have its moment.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X