No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift :: The "Lover" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4,941,923 streams on spotify counter for Lover first day. That's massive! It's also holding steady at #30 on Apple Music US with 18 new Young Thug tracks above it.

Comment

• Can you say legendaric?
      Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• WW Spotify

4. Lover 3,635,889

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• the stats for "lover" are actually impressive! let's see if it will keep get a lot of streams

Comment

• Originally posted by oye_up View Post
              There's still a lot to say by Tay and this can be her 5th opening million seller if she plays her cards well.
              I think she's decided that the album will be put on streaming services right away, so it's unlikely that it will hit 1 million in pure album sales. With 'reputation' she waited, I believe, three weeks before putting the album on streaming services.

Comment

• There was never any chance this did 1 milion SPS first week, let alone sales. You need to calm down.
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• I think this will get CRAZY streams if instantly available... I don't know if she can score another million opening if not.... but I don't think she has to do this anyway, she has nothing left to prove, she is a legend already. Which doesn't mean she has nothing g left to offer, I am super hyped for her...
                  Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                    There was never any chance this did 1 milion SPS first week, let alone sales. You need to calm down.
                    Never any chance?

2010 - Speak Now: 1.047 million
                    2012 - Red: 1.208 million
                    2014 - 1989: 1.287 million
                    2017 - reputation: 1.216 million

In those three years between 1989 and reputation where streaming continued to grow and sales continued to decline, there was only a 71,000 drop. So now in 2 years between reputation and Lover, she would need to drop more than 216,000 to fall below a million.

I know times-a-changing, but there was always a chance considering Taylor's rabid fanbase who has proven that they are willing to buy albums in that first week. If you force those fans to buy the album, they will. They won't have to this era.

Comment

• Lover (album) went top 5 again (#4) on Apple Music US, it's the only album to go top 5 twice before release. Ed's album went #5 a day before his album release. Lover went #5 after The Archer's release and #4 after Lover (song)'s release. I think it will be interesting to see if it can break Ariana's first week streams or end up between Ariana and Billie's albums

Also breaking records in China! -

Last edited by marsblyr; Sun August 18th, 2019, 12:03.

Comment

• Wow, it's astonishing to see what she can achieve, especially after a low profile era which gave her, nevertheless, such a monster and record-breaking tour!

Comment

• This is her first album where streaming is already way bigger than sales. She's still banking on the push of physical sales, this is Taylor Swift the only artist other than Adele who can sell past 2 million in pure sales since streaming dominated.

Comment

• Does anyone will risk prediction?
                            I would say she has nothing left to prove. She had 4 1M+ debuts, she's the only artist with that record in US.
                            I personally doubt she will hit 1M but no one knows.
                            My daddy Alabama, momma Louisiana

Comment

Comment

• US iTunes
                                1 Taylor Swift - Lover 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000
                                2 Miley Cyrus - Slide Away 0.7124 0.7133 0.7122
                                3 Blanco Brown - The Git Up 0.6991 0.7043 0.7024

Still at #1 and even with such a big lead (and Miley is a new song as well).

Comment

• Yeah no one can deny that her opening numbers are unique among all acts. But we should also consider that reputation was the follow up of 1989 which was one of the biggest eras in music and hence the higher opening numbers for singles and the album itself (just compare LWYMMD's first week streams to that of Me!. even though it was released two years ago it was still capable of pulling higher streaming numbers than Me because of the hype produced by the 1989 era).

Comment

• Considering the 50% decline in sales i would say it might debut with something around 600-700k pure sales and 150m streams making a total SPS of 700-800k which is still more than enough to make her the biggest debut of the year.

Comment

• But in the long run I don't think this will do much lower than reputation and hopefully will be able to reach multiplatinum in a few months.

Comment

• Lover

iTunes (4x #1):
                                        #1 United States (=)
                                        #1 Singapore (=)
                                        #4 Australia (-1)
                                        #4 Brazil (-1)
                                        #4 Canada (-3)
                                        #4 Indonesia (-1)
                                        #4 Mexico (-3)
                                        #4 New Zealand (-3)
                                        #4 South Africa (+5)
                                        #4 Thailand (=)
                                        #6 Hong Kong (-1)
                                        #6 Turkey (-2)
                                        #7 Ireland (-5)
                                        #8 United Kingdom (-5)
                                        #8 India (-3)
                                        #8 Taiwan (-6)
                                        #18 Spain (-7)
                                        #21 Norway (-10)
                                        #39 Germany (-13)
                                        #42 Austria (-13)
                                        #47 Belgium (-13)
                                        #49 France (-24)
                                        #50 Denmark (-22)
                                        #51 Russia (-10)
                                        #53 Switzerland (-8)
                                        #58 Italy (-29)
                                        #59 Netherlands (-28)

Spotify:
                                        #2 United States (-1)
                                        #5 Canada (-1)
                                        #9 Philippines (+2)
                                        #13 Worldwide (-9)
                                        #26 Australia (=)
                                        #43 United Kingdom (-16)
                                        #53 Norway (-7)
                                        #96 Brazil (-47)
                                        #109 Sweden (-52)
                                        #124 Finland (-29)
                                        #125 Netherlands (-22)
                                        #145 Mexico (-56)
                                        #163 Germany (-53)
                                        #180 Argentina (-74)
                                        #191 Denmark (-69)

Apple Music:
                                        #4 New Zealand (+5)
                                        #14 Brazil (-3)
                                        #14 Ireland (-1)
                                        #19 Australia (+4)
                                        #20 India (=)
                                        #24 Thailand (+1)
                                        #28 Canada (-9)
                                        #31 Indonesia (+5)
                                        #32 South Africa (+7)
                                        #34 United States (-6)
                                        #36 Denmark (+4)
                                        #40 Norway (=)
                                        #42 United Kingdom (+3)
                                        #44 Mexico (-13)
                                        #45 Netherlands (=)
                                        #52 Austria (+6)
                                        #52 Germany (+5)
                                        #72 Turkey (-11)
                                        #81 Belgium (+16)
                                        #106 Spain (-9)
                                        #111 Switzerland (+10)
                                        #119 Russia (+11)
                                        #143 Italy (-11)
                                        #420 France (+16)
                                        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The lyric video has 8,725,395 views on YouTube.

Comment

• If I risk, I'd say she will pull that 1M+ again. She'll try hard with different cd editions and trying to make her fans crazy to buy the album during first week. Maybe a 1.01M seller. But if she does 800k I'll be more than happy!

Comment

• My predictions: If the album is put on streaming services right away, 300,000 on the low end and 600,000 on the high end for pure album sales. If not, 1.1 million for pure sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soundwave1989 View Post
                                                My predictions: If the album is put on streaming services right away, 300,000 on the low end and 600,000 on the high end for pure album sales. If not, 1.1 million for pure sales.
                                                There's literally 0 chance (with or without streaming) for the album to do 1m pure sales OW. You all seem to fail the state of pure sales in 2019 (no matter if an artist has a rabid fanbase that buys multiple copies or not). She will not risk not releasing Lover on streaming from the first day. That would backfire so bad.

Taylor didn't sell all of her physicals to fans only, a lot of mainstream, casual fans were buying also. But in 2019 a huge part of those WON'T buy any physical or digital because they have moved on and even if they like an artist they will wait for the streaming. What she probably will get is a Platinum certification as she probably already has over 200k album sold in streams in the US so far. Those won't count for first week sales, but will for certification purposes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soundwave1989 View Post
                                                  My predictions: If the album is put on streaming services right away, 300,000 on the low end and 600,000 on the high end for pure album sales. If not, 1.1 million for pure sales.
                                                  There's literally 0 chance (with or without streaming) for the album to do 1m pure sales OW. You all seem to fail the state of pure sales in 2019 (no matter if an artist has a rabid fanbase that buys multiple copies or not). She will not risk not releasing Lover on streaming from the first day. That would backfire so bad.

Taylor didn't sell all of her physicals to fans only, a lot of mainstream, casual fans were buying also. But in 2019 a huge part of those WON'T buy any physical or digital because they have moved on and even if they like an artist they will wait for the streaming. What she probably will get is a Platinum certification as she probably already has over 200k album sold in streams in the US so far. Those won't count for first week sales, but will for certification purposes.

Comment

• She can't pull these 1 million figures for the rest of her life. With SPS she might get there, though. Her brand and fanbase is still strong enough to blow the entire Billboard Hot 200 combined out of the gate. If she wants to achieve a "Reputation" level of success she'll need hit singles a la "Delicate" to give the album legs.

Comment

• I expect 500k at most this time.
                                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I think it has a huge chance of making 500k+ pure sales. She sells a lot physical and she will partner again with Target. If she puts available at streaming right away it might reach 1M depending on how strong pure sales are.

Comment

• http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317585

The first article analyzing predictions

Comment

• But listen, even if she didn't reach 1M is not the end of the world! As the previous article says, she's THE ONLY artist who has FOUR 1M week

Comment

• Anything over 500k pure is amazing

Comment

Working...
                                                              X