No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift :: The "Lover" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by JeremySpears; Mon August 19th, 2019, 21:26.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I'm so confused. For any artist If I song was top 20 for 9 weeks, it would be considered a hit. Why is it a flop when it's Taylor?
      Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
        I'm so confused. For any artist If I song was top 20 for 9 weeks, it would be considered a hit. Why is it a flop when it's Taylor?
        It's because they want her to fail. Two consecutive #2 debuts in the Hot 100 would be a hit for Beyoncι and Adele considering everything in this day and age, but with Taylor, people look at it as a failure to achieve a big impact because it's not a 1989. She is at the stage where so many are ready to write her off, it started during the reputation era.

Comment

• She'll pull every possible stunt to sell any copy possible in order to get to that 1 million mark. She's bundled and lowered the prices of her magazines during the final days of the "Reputation" release week. I don't blame her for that. At least she's moving pure sales and resurrecting a dead market.

Comment

• 250k pure digital sales is already a VERY respectful prediction. She'll do fine. I'm more curious for her second week.

Comment

• It makes me wonder now how Adele will do with her fourth album! I mean, Adele is coming off a 3 million plus debut week of pure sales, right?!

Comment

• Regarding Adele: Everything is possible and depends on how she'll introduce the next era with promo and lead single. The way she introduced the '25' era with 'Hello' was brilliant. But then again, she could also mess it up like Emeli Sandι with album No. 2 or Dido with album No. 3, so who knows...
                Don't need hindsight
                I'll make my emotions clear
                And then disappear
                With one strike
                (All Saints)

Comment

• Again, I'm sure she'll fight for the million. I don't know how the pre-orders are doing but I think there's a little possibility even with the dead market. Same for Adele. But if she doesn't do it in the end, that's great anyway. I love the way she still moves physicals, as some music lovers prefer that format ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                    Regarding Adele: Everything is possible and depends on how she'll introduce the next era with promo and lead single. The way she introduced the '25' era with 'Hello' was brilliant. But then again, she could also mess it up like Emeli Sandι with album No. 2 or Dido with album No. 3, so who knows...
                    It won't be HUGEEEE though
                    Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loverboy View Post
                      250k pure digital sales is already a VERY respectful prediction. She'll do fine. I'm more curious for her second week.
                      Wait we are expecting her to sell THAT much ... jesus
                      Forever Young

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Great! I wish we could know how much comes from the US!

By the way, US iTunes:

#3 Lover
                          #8 YNTCM
                          #28 ME!
                          #89 The archer

Comment

• Great for 1 million pre-order copies including mine!
                            I think she’ll fine with pure sales how many copies will be sold on debut week.
                            She would not sell 1 million copies US alone but it’s clear that Lover is the best-selling album of the year.

Comment

• If 50% of the amount comes from the US that's already a pretty impressive number.

Comment

• It's crazy that she still able to sell albums in this market. Kudos to her, her team & the loyal fans!

Comment

• Spotify - 450m
                                  Youtube - 400m
                                  Others - 650m

Wow!

Comment

• People really want to see her flopping and it’s just not happening. Her power!
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317607

Industry insiders are predicting a minimum of 600k. Optimistic predictions point to 1M
                                      Personally I point to 750-800k
                                      My daddy Alabama, momma Louisiana

Comment

• We all know there is almost no chance Lover will open with reputation level numbers, but do people think it could potentially have better longevity due to streaming? I was thinking that if a fan purchases the album and then never streams it, their purchase only goes towards the album in that one week. A devoted fan who doesn't buy the album but streams it week after week will be contributing to its chart life for a much longer time.

Comment

• I'm not an expert predicting but if she's already sold 1M worldwide, and we think that 40% may come from the US (Am I being too optimistic?) that'd be 400k already. Then, many people will also buy the album in stores and digitally and then we have the streams scenario. I don't think 1M is too far to be reached.

Comment

• Wrong topic

Comment

• Originally posted by oye_up View Post
                                              I'm not an expert predicting but if she's already sold 1M worldwide, and we think that 40% may come from the US (Am I being too optimistic?) that'd be 400k already. Then, many people will also buy the album in stores and digitally and then we have the streams scenario. I don't think 1M is too far to be reached.
                                              Yeah exactly, I don’t think she can sell 1M pure first week, but she’ll still sell an impressive amount of copies and maybe she could get there with streaming

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                Wrong topic
                                                can you explain why?
                                                My daddy Alabama, momma Louisiana

Comment

• Originally posted by thass_hot View Post
                                                  can you explain why?
                                                  He was probably posting something but edited it It wasn't mean for the discussion about the opening numbers I'd guess.

Comment

• Ugh. I just found out Helene Fischer is releasing a live album this week plus Loredana (a female rapper being incredibly successful in GSA for reasons that are still unknown to me) is releasing her debut as well, so Taylor most likely won't have the same debuts as with "Reputation" in the German speaking countries

Comment

• "Lover" is predicted to debut at #18 on the Hot 100.

Comment

• Not bad at all for a buzz track.

Comment

• So your 4 copies will only can as 1 copy sold if it's on one transaction? Damn. I had no idea that's how it works.
                                                          Last edited by Soundwave1989; Thu August 22nd, 2019, 03:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soundwave1989 View Post

So your 4 copies will only can as 1 copy sold if it's on one transaction? Damn. I had no idea that's how it works.
                                                            Yeah I heard that before... I know it’s out of topic but I’m wondering if I buy two different albums on one transaction how does that work?

Comment

• Originally posted by scootermcgee27 View Post
                                                              I was thinking that if a fan purchases the album and then never streams it, their purchase only goes towards the album in that one week. A devoted fan who doesn't buy the album but streams it week after week will be contributing to its chart life for a much longer time.
                                                              That is the dilemma of artists who have solid physical/digital purchase supporters. Since streaming has such weight, and continuous streaming contributes to longevity, she has to cater to the market of casual fans as well.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X