Taylor Swift :: The "Lover" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nympho View Post
    So the other day, when Medellin had different numbers as well on the desktop/app version and Spotifycharts (at least 20%, we don’t know how much more as it was out of Top 200) and I posted what Spotify says about it on their web, you said it didn’t make sense and that it was because of the time zones differences... but here it’s because “Taylor is buying streams”? Not even because some fans are streaming like crazy or faking streams but because she’s paying it?
    Madonna didn't have 30% of her streams removed from YT also. And this is something I would very much like to discuss.

You already said she’s buying views on YouTube and that it’s embarrassing and all that in pages 1 and 2 as well.
    I see a little bit of trolling and baiting... So cut it out, please.
    What you see isn't necessarily what's happening.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

^
      You already said (thrice) what you think about the YouTube numbers. We got it.
      But it’s the Spotify numbers what we’re talking about now. And you should make up your mind... It can’t be time zones for one artist but buying streams for another.

And my view, as a moderator, is that all your comments in this thread so far, all of them, went in the same direction. So, again, cut it out, please.

Comment

^
        You already said (thrice) what you think about the YouTube numbers. We got it.
        But it’s the Spotify numbers what we’re talking about now. And you should make up your mind... It can’t be time zones for one artist but buying streams for another.
        100k isn't the same as 3m streams, right? What are the other big discrepancies before? Is this normal or unusual? You have noted in another thread that Charts numbers are always smaller than the ones on the counter and gave reasons. I didn't follow Spotify numbers closely before and that was an interesting thing. What got me bothered then and what I said was that it doesn't make sense for them to have a set of two various numbers and that it's possible that part of the difference comes from the time zones, which you personally agreed with that a part of it.

I do think time zones have something to do as well, though.
        But time zones or not this is a really big discrepancy.

And my view, as a moderator, is that all your comments in this thread so far, all of them, went in the same direction. So, again, cut it out, please.
        Thank you for being on my back. You don't like me, I don't like you. That's fine. Next time I hope you vigorously step into the thread you yourself read and warn when other users actually wreak havoc instead of staying silent for days.

Comment

I never said I didn’t like you... thanks for making it clear you don’t like me. I’m being patient and asking you politely to please stop that behavior you clearly had in all your posts in this thread. Not giving you an infraction or asking for your ban. If you think there are other occasions when mods should have done something and they didn’t, report it or contact the admins.
          If you want to keep on discussing about this, do it via PM.

Regarding the streams on Spotify, it was mentioned on the previous page 7 Rings had 12,214,337 on Spotify and then 8,554,577 on Spotifycharts.com. 30% less.
          You read that. But you didn’t say she was buying streams left she right.
          You read that. So you know it’s a common discrepancy when it comes to these huge figures.

And 100k (it was actually more, but ok) and 3M are the same when it comes to the difference of % to the total.

Comment

^I actually don't remember reading those Ariana numbers .

Thanks for pointing it out. Well cool then. Guess 20-30% off on Spotify is normal after all. You could've just point that out (again) from the start without the drama TBH.

Comment

Spotify Charts WW
              #2(-1) 5.2m

US
              #1 2m

(OTR 3.1m combined)
              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                Spotify Charts WW
                #2(-1) 5.2m

US
                #1 2m

(OTR 3.1m combined)
                So:

Spotify Charts

26/04/2019 #1 7,945,784
                27/04/2019 #2 5,226,868 (-34,22%)

Comment

streams seem low but decent but the You Tube numbers are astronomic just over 91 million in 60 Hours it's definitely going to be the biggest streamed you tube Video in one week in the history of the service
                  Last edited by marcsgirl85; Sun April 28th, 2019, 17:09.
                  "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

USA Mediabase

POP:
                    -- 24 TAYLOR SWIFT ME! f/Brendon Urie 4239 0 +4239 25.815

+1247 Spins
                    +1247 Bullet
                    +6.953 Audience

HOT AC:
                    -- 19 TAYLOR SWIFT ME! f/Brendon Urie 1610 0 +1610 11.953

+529 Spins
                    +529 Bullet
                    +3.893 Audience

AC:
                    -- 27 TAYLOR SWIFT ME! f/Brendon Urie 136 0 +136 1.240

+39 Spins
                    +39 Bullet
                    +0.258 Audience

Comment

Wow at those airplay updates.

Comment

^Radio deal.

Same with Jonas Brother's Sucker.

Comment

So without that deal, US radio stations wouldn't play the song although it's the highly anticipated lead single of Taylor Swift's upcoming album?
                          When the bones are good, the rest don't matter
                          Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter
                          (Maren Morris)

Comment

According to hits me sold 67k in the first 24 hours, it might sell more than 100k first week

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                              So without that deal, US radio stations wouldn't play the song although it's the highly anticipated lead single of Taylor Swift's upcoming album?
                              They just wouldn't play it every hour on the hour which is what they do with a radio deal.

Comment

I'm thinking Me is more likely from the soundtrack of the Secret Life Of Pets 2 but also doubles as the first single from Taylor's 7th studio album which is likely due to be released August 30th

Comment

Spotify update
                                  21,782,716 (+5,291,940)

Comment

looks like Me overtook 4th place for fastest music video to surpass 100,000,000 views on You Tube 3.39 days 100.053.885 looks as though it maybe the fastest to reach 200,000,000 views in just over a week of release

Comment

Spotify Charts

26/04/2019 #1 7,945,784
                                      28/04/2019 #2 4,358,852 (-16,61%)

Comment

Debuts at #100 on the new Billboard Hot 100.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...ongs-ac-charts

Taylor Swift & Brendon Urie's 'Me!' Blasts Onto Pop Songs, Adult Pop Songs & AC Charts
                                        4/29/2019 by Gary Trust

The song launches after its first three days of airplay tracking.

Taylor Swift's new single, "Me!," featuring Brendon Urie of Panic! at the Disco, vaults onto three Billboard airplay charts after its first three days of tracking following its release at midnight ET Friday (April 26).

The collaboration launches at No. 14 on Adult Pop Songs, No. 20 on Pop Songs and No. 23 on Adult Contemporary (all dated May 4).

"Me!" marks Swift's first single since "Delicate" (from her most recent album, 2017's Reputation), which became her seventh Adult Pop Songs No. 1 last July. She makes her second-highest entrance on the survey, after "Shake It Off" started at a chart-record No. 9 in September 2014. "Me!" is just the third song to debut in the list's top 15; before "Shake," Alanis Morissette's "Thank U" began at No. 13 in 1998.

On Pop Songs, "Me!" makes the highest arrival since The Weeknd's "Can't Feel My Face" bowed at No. 19 in June 2015. Swift scores her fourth top 20 Pop Songs debut; she tied the record for the best start when "Shake" soared in at No. 12 in 2014, matching Mariah Carey's entrance with "Dreamlover" in 1993.

As on Adult Pop Songs, Swift makes her first Pop Songs visit since "Delicate," which became her ninth No. 1. On AC, "Delicate" marked Swift's seventh leader.

Helping its start, participating iHeartMedia-owned pop and adult pop stations played "Me!" hourly in the song's first day of release. Among all genres, the song's plays in its first three days translated to 36.9 million in airplay audience.

"Me!" is set to make a major impact on next week's all-genre airplay- streaming- and sales-based Billboard Hot 100 chart (dated May 11), following its first full week of airplay tracking (April 29-May 5) and its first week of streaming and sales measurement (April 26-May 2). As previously reported, the song broke the record for the most YouTube streams by a female artist in its first 24 hours.

Swift and Urie are set to give "Me!" its worldwide premiere performance as the opener of the 2019 Billboard Music Awards Wednesday (May 1).

All charts dated May 4 will update tomorrow (April 30) on Billboard.com.

Comment

Kworb predicts 148k first week (pure) not too shabby LWYMMD did 350k back in 2017

Comment

Early predictions confirm what I suspected.

Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Spotify update
                                              27,409,275 (+5,626,559)

Comment

Spotify Charts

GLOBAL
                                                26/04/2019 #1 7,945,784
                                                28/04/2019 #2 4,358,852 (-16,61%)
                                                28/04/2019 #2 4,637,839 (+6,40%)

US
                                                26/04/2019 #1 3,578,756
                                                27/04/2019 #1 2,031,493 (-43,23%)
                                                28/04/2019 #2 1,457,044 (-28,28%)
                                                28/04/2019 #1 1,529,929 (+5,00%)

Comment

Even airplay is not that strong as before. I remember LWYMMD debuted at #77. This time only at #100. It will be #2 next for sure. At least if that happens it will beat the record for biggest leap inside the Hot 100. Previous record is from Kelly Clarkson MLWSWY (98-1)
                                                  My daddy Alabama, momma Louisiana

Comment

I found funny how some people think that debuting at #2 is considered a flop. For someone who weekly watches the Billboard Charts, we’ll that it’s a big accomplishment. Stop the hate, stop discriminating the song’s chart sucess. I can see why some people could see the song as a little bit simple. But it’s a great song after all. Any other artist has sold 200M records in a such short period of time (except Drake). By the way, i’m not a Taylor fan, i’m a music fan.

I believe in that song potential & also is back at #1 on US Spotify. The song will do great. Please, don’t come here to criticize...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinmakeme View Post
                                                      I found funny how some people think that debuting at #2 is considered a flop...
                                                      No one has called this a flop LOL. At least not in this thread.
                                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                        No one has called this a flop LOL. At least not in this thread.
                                                        Some people will call. There's a pressed person who is calling Reputation a flop.
                                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Billboard Radio Songs Estimates (30/04/2019)

20 (+8) - Me!

Total Audience: 61,670,000 (+10,08M)

Spotify Desktop

27,409,275 streams
                                                          Last edited by Kevinmakeme; Wed May 1st, 2019, 09:44.

Comment

30/04/2019
                                                            Last edited by Kevinmakeme; Wed May 1st, 2019, 15:00.

Comment

So this will rise 100-2 on the Hot100 next... would have been quite epic when it would rise 100-1

Comment

Working...
                                                              X