Taylor Swift :: The "Lover" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimJim View Post
    Unless the radio play is really strong upfront (for the US), I think this will debut at #2 in most countries. 'Old Town Road' is still doing crazy numbers on Spotify, so even with huge YouTube videos it'll be hard to topple it.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
    Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [125-121]

Comment

Isn't #1 guaranteed in the US?
      Old town road (2 versions combined) did 2.8 million in 1 day on US spotify during the last update. ME! did a bit under 10 million on 1st day, even if we take a conservative estimate of 35% thats approx 3.5 million. It will obviously decrease but still... ME! is outselling it by more than twice the amount on itunes and is obliterating on youtube. The only advantage it has is radio, where ME! is a third of the audiance of OTR. Doesn't seem like enough to block #1.

Comment

Spotify Charts

26/04/2019 #1 7,945,784

They shaved off 25% of the streams. Taylor buying streams and views left and right.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

spotify
          16,490,776(+6,297,696)

Comment

Which one is the correct one?
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              spotify
              16,490,776(+6,297,696)

this is based on unofficial numbers

Comment

Originally posted by britneylovesme View Post
                spotify
                16,490,776(+6,297,696)

this is based on unofficial numbers
                Thanks
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  The one from Spotify Charts. It takes manipulation into account like people playing it on repeat for the whole day probably it debuted with 3.5m in the US and 2.9 m were the total streams for Old Town Road. If its new total gain is 6.2m (-4m) for today it will probably be 5.Xm for the global charts and already less than Old Town Road in the US. As I said I see this falling further as the week goes on, so it really needs amazing sales as well to go #1
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                    Spotify Charts

26/04/2019 #1 7,945,784

They shaved off 25% of the streams. Taylor buying streams and views left and right.
                    So the other day, when Medellin had different numbers as well on the desktop/app version and Spotifycharts (at least 20%, we don’t know how much more as it was out of Top 200) and I posted what Spotify says about it on their web, you said it didn’t make sense and that it was because of the time zones differences... but here it’s because “Taylor is buying streams”? Not even because some fans are streaming like crazy or faking streams but because she’s paying it?

You already said she’s buying views on YouTube and that it’s embarrassing and all that in pages 1 and 2 as well.
                    I see a little bit of trolling and baiting... So cut it out, please.

Comment

The song is also down to #3 AM US while OTR is still #1.
                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post
                        So the other day, when Medellin had different numbers as well on the desktop/app version and Spotifycharts (at least 20%, we don’t know how much more as it was out of Top 200) and I posted what Spotify says about it on their web, you said it didn’t make sense and that it was because of the time zones differences... but here it’s because “Taylor is buying streams”? Not even because some fans are streaming like crazy or faking streams but because she’s paying it?
                        Madonna didn't have 30% of her streams removed from YT also. And this is something I would very much like to discuss.

You already said she’s buying views on YouTube and that it’s embarrassing and all that in pages 1 and 2 as well.
                        I see a little bit of trolling and baiting... So cut it out, please.
                        What you see isn't necessarily what's happening.

Comment

^
                          You already said (thrice) what you think about the YouTube numbers. We got it.
                          But it’s the Spotify numbers what we’re talking about now. And you should make up your mind... It can’t be time zones for one artist but buying streams for another.

And my view, as a moderator, is that all your comments in this thread so far, all of them, went in the same direction. So, again, cut it out, please.

Comment

^
                            You already said (thrice) what you think about the YouTube numbers. We got it.
                            But it’s the Spotify numbers what we’re talking about now. And you should make up your mind... It can’t be time zones for one artist but buying streams for another.
                            100k isn't the same as 3m streams, right? What are the other big discrepancies before? Is this normal or unusual? You have noted in another thread that Charts numbers are always smaller than the ones on the counter and gave reasons. I didn't follow Spotify numbers closely before and that was an interesting thing. What got me bothered then and what I said was that it doesn't make sense for them to have a set of two various numbers and that it's possible that part of the difference comes from the time zones, which you personally agreed with that a part of it.

I do think time zones have something to do as well, though.
                            But time zones or not this is a really big discrepancy.

And my view, as a moderator, is that all your comments in this thread so far, all of them, went in the same direction. So, again, cut it out, please.
                            Thank you for being on my back. You don't like me, I don't like you. That's fine. Next time I hope you vigorously step into the thread you yourself read and warn when other users actually wreak havoc instead of staying silent for days.

Comment

I never said I didn’t like you... thanks for making it clear you don’t like me. I’m being patient and asking you politely to please stop that behavior you clearly had in all your posts in this thread. Not giving you an infraction or asking for your ban. If you think there are other occasions when mods should have done something and they didn’t, report it or contact the admins.
                              If you want to keep on discussing about this, do it via PM.

Regarding the streams on Spotify, it was mentioned on the previous page 7 Rings had 12,214,337 on Spotify and then 8,554,577 on Spotifycharts.com. 30% less.
                              You read that. But you didn’t say she was buying streams left she right.
                              You read that. So you know it’s a common discrepancy when it comes to these huge figures.

And 100k (it was actually more, but ok) and 3M are the same when it comes to the difference of % to the total.

Comment

^I actually don't remember reading those Ariana numbers .

Thanks for pointing it out. Well cool then. Guess 20-30% off on Spotify is normal after all. You could've just point that out (again) from the start without the drama TBH.

Comment

Spotify Charts WW
                                  #2(-1) 5.2m

US
                                  #1 2m

(OTR 3.1m combined)
                                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                    Spotify Charts WW
                                    #2(-1) 5.2m

US
                                    #1 2m

(OTR 3.1m combined)
                                    So:

Spotify Charts

26/04/2019 #1 7,945,784
                                    27/04/2019 #2 5,226,868 (-34,22%)

Comment

streams seem low but decent but the You Tube numbers are astronomic just over 91 million in 60 Hours it's definitely going to be the biggest streamed you tube Video in one week in the history of the service
                                      Last edited by marcsgirl85; Sun April 28th, 2019, 17:09.
                                      "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

USA Mediabase

POP:
                                        -- 24 TAYLOR SWIFT ME! f/Brendon Urie 4239 0 +4239 25.815

+1247 Spins
                                        +1247 Bullet
                                        +6.953 Audience

HOT AC:
                                        -- 19 TAYLOR SWIFT ME! f/Brendon Urie 1610 0 +1610 11.953

+529 Spins
                                        +529 Bullet
                                        +3.893 Audience

AC:
                                        -- 27 TAYLOR SWIFT ME! f/Brendon Urie 136 0 +136 1.240

+39 Spins
                                        +39 Bullet
                                        +0.258 Audience

Comment

Wow at those airplay updates.

Comment

^Radio deal.

Same with Jonas Brother's Sucker.

Comment

So without that deal, US radio stations wouldn't play the song although it's the highly anticipated lead single of Taylor Swift's upcoming album?
                                              WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

Comment

According to hits me sold 67k in the first 24 hours, it might sell more than 100k first week

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                  So without that deal, US radio stations wouldn't play the song although it's the highly anticipated lead single of Taylor Swift's upcoming album?
                                                  They just wouldn't play it every hour on the hour which is what they do with a radio deal.

Comment

I'm thinking Me is more likely from the soundtrack of the Secret Life Of Pets 2 but also doubles as the first single from Taylor's 7th studio album which is likely due to be released August 30th
                                                    "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

Working...
                                                    X