No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift :: The "Lover" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her 7th multi platinum album in a row - what an achievement!

Dos anyone know how far it is from going triple plat? I.e. sps sales?
    "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemo View Post
      Her 7th multi platinum album in a row - what an achievement!

Dos anyone know how far it is from going triple plat? I.e. sps sales?
      2019 SPS - 2,191,000 (official, from Nielsen's year-end report)
      2020 SPS - 260,000 (very close estimate, from HITS numbers, includes most recent chart released Friday 3/13)
      Total SPS - 2,431,000

Triple platinum looks like it will be a certainty, just a question of when. With 42 weeks left in the year, Lover would need an average of 13,547 SPS per week to reach 3m by the end of 2020. The album is falling on the charts due to The Man flopping and no upcoming promo, but it should still get decent weekly numbers for a long time thanks to obsessive fan streaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by CorneliaStreet View Post

I wouldn't say she's struggling. She was #1 on the IFPI and is the 2nd most streamed female artist of the year

The Man is a fourth single
        I get what candyman is saying. All singles of "Lovers" didn't do as well as singles by her used to do, same for the album. But so many seem to have the same problems (Gaga, Katy, Ellie...) so while Taylor is decreasing, the others are as well, so Taylor is still ahead of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

I get what candyman is saying. All singles of "Lovers" didn't do as well as singles by her used to do, same for the album. But so many seem to have the same problems (Gaga, Katy, Ellie...) so while Taylor is decreasing, the others are as well, so Taylor is still ahead of them.
          Honestly this isn't entirely true. It's hard to compare Taylor's pop and country singles, but if we look at overall success domestically, Lover singles are roughly on par with Speak Now's singles, none of which reached the top 10 on pop radio. Speak Now has 3 multiplatinum singles, Mine and Mean are 3x platinum and Back to December is 2x platinum. By the time Lover is as old as Speak Now (almost 10 years), Lover will easily have the same (YNTCD and Me being 3x platinum or higher, Lover 2x platinum). Worldwide Lover singles have done much better than Speak Now singles which did very little worldwide.

Lover singles have also done about as well as reputation singles domestically and worldwide. LWYMD was clearly more successful than anything on Lover, but outside of that there's not a lot of difference. The Man is flopping similar to End Game. YNTCD, Me, and Lover are all moderate hits along the lines of Ready for It and Delicate.

I know fans were hoping for bigger smash hits from Taylor this era, but honestly it had 3 decent hits which is a rarity for pop stars these days. I think we also still need to not discount success in Asia so much. From my understanding if we include China and other Asian countries, songs like Me and YNTCD were actually pretty big worldwide.

Comment

• She IS the music industry
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Japan (Oricon)

Physical Albums
              203 (206) 30 Lover (216/59,474)

Comment

• UK

#31 (-7) Lover
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The album has surpassed 2 billion streams on Spotify, becoming her second and fastest album to do so.

Comment

• US

#28 (-2) Lover (17.8k units)

Comment

• "ME!" has now surpassed 400 million streams on Spotify.

Comment

• UK

#35 (-4) Lover

Comment

• "Cruel Summer" has surpassed 100 million streams on Spotify.

Comment

• ^ Sorry, didn’t saw your post above

Comment

• Japan (Oricon)

Physical Albums
                              231 (203) 31 Lover (201/59,675)

Comment

• Cruel Summer should've been a single. I knew The Man wouldn't make an impact.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                  Cruel Summer should've been a single. I knew The Man wouldn't make an impact.
                                  It would’ve made an impact if they wouldn’t have waited to release it 6 months after the third single. It peaked at #23 after the album was released and should’ve been the third single instead of the title track. She could‘ve released a remix featuring Madonna, Britney, Beyoncι, Gaga and Jesus and it would’ve tanked after 6 months.

Comment

• No. The Man just isn't a good song and gets tiring very soon.
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• The only single she should not have released is ME!
                                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Well I believe they’ll finish this era with “Cruel Summer”, somehow. Will it do anything on charts, remains to be seen. Sadly, even though I love the album, it looked like the least eventful album by Taylor so far. “Me!” was dreadful, “You Need Yo Calm Down” started decent and then disappeared. “Lover” struggled to have that one week in top 10 with all the possible pushes including Shawn Mendes remix, and “The Man” didn’t do anything in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Washingtonian25 View Post
                                          Well I believe they’ll finish this era with “Cruel Summer”, somehow. Will it do anything on charts, remains to be seen. Sadly, even though I love the album, it looked like the least eventful album by Taylor so far. “Me!” was dreadful, “You Need Yo Calm Down” started decent and then disappeared. “Lover” struggled to have that one week in top 10 with all the possible pushes including Shawn Mendes remix, and “The Man” didn’t do anything in the end.
                                          Her third longest charting album Top 10 in all of her main markets is her most uneventful?
                                          Discuss the entire charts and sales history worldwide of your favourite artists and album eras.

Comment

• US

#30 (-2) Lover (16.7k units)

Comment

• "I Forgot That You Existed" has surpassed 100 million streams on Spotify.

Comment

• I wonder did this album pass 2 million pure sales globally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Washingtonian25 View Post
                                                  I wonder did this album pass 2 million pure sales globally.
                                                  Sure.

3.2 million pure copies (shipped) officially in 2019 according to IFPI.

Comment

• Japan (Oricon)

Physical Albums
                                                    294 (231) 32 Lover (180/59,855)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X