No announcement yet.

Kylie Minogue :: The "Step Back In Time / Definitive Collection " Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Yes, but as Thriller pointed out, majority of Kylie's demo these days are just not the casual Spotify listeners.

Spotify has continued the trend set by radio of ensuring that both ageism and sexism exists within the music industry, so Kylie is battling on 2 fronts that she will never win.

No matter how people want to spin it, Golden was a SUCCESS without the help from radio (bar Radio 2), and Spotify / streaming. Kylie herself once again proved that she can outsell (with majority of sales coming from physicals) artists's which have started in the 'streaming' era.

Kylie has gone through so many industry changes. Cassettes, Vinyl's, CD, Digital, Streaming, that honestly I don't care if she doesn't give us huge streaming numbers. The girl is a bloody legend.

Kylie will sell physical's for this GH. We know she will. Will Kylie have a 'single' which will achieve success due to streaming? No. (Again, unless somehow some streaming giant (such as Ed featuring Kylie) song is released). Which will never happen.

Let's just appreciate that Kylie once again has a strong campaign ready for this, and her looks have been serving.
    Originally posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Originally posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

Comment

Originally posted by Bellus View Post
      ^ Yes, but as Thriller pointed out, majority of Kylie's demo these days are just not the casual Spotify listeners.

Spotify has continued the trend set by radio of ensuring that both ageism and sexism exists within the music industry, so Kylie is battling on 2 fronts that she will never win.

No matter how people want to spin it, Golden was a SUCCESS without the help from radio (bar Radio 2), and Spotify / streaming. Kylie herself once again proved that she can outsell (with majority of sales coming from physicals) artists's which have started in the 'streaming' era.

Kylie has gone through so many industry changes. Cassettes, Vinyl's, CD, Digital, Streaming, that honestly I don't care if she doesn't give us huge streaming numbers. The girl is a bloody legend.

Kylie will sell physical's for this GH. We know she will. Will Kylie have a 'single' which will achieve success due to streaming? No. (Again, unless somehow some streaming giant (such as Ed featuring Kylie) song is released). Which will never happen.

Let's just appreciate that Kylie once again has a strong campaign ready for this, and her looks have been serving.

Well said! and sensible, getting very excited for this new era! GO Kylie

Comment

Great post @Bellus!

And again, I'm not saying it in a negative way, I just wish she had at least mild streaming success because I love Kylie

EDIT: I wrote the wrong mention. Can't get used to the new vanity name ex-SummerPeur has.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
          Spotify

03/05/2019 91,598
          04/05/2019 144,997 (+53,399)

Ugh. Why can't she gain some decent foothold on streaming.
          With two countries in the world supporting you (UK/Aus) is quite hard to get big numbers on the streaming platforms.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
            With two countries in the world supporting you (UK/Aus) is quite hard to get big numbers on the streaming platforms.
            It’s not even in Australian NMF. So basically all streams would come from UK.

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post
              It’s not even in Australian NMF. So basically all streams would come from UK.
              The first day app showed 91.5k, but it had less than 54,696 streams in UK as that was the last placement on May 3rd. Even with inflated numbers from the app vs charts, it got a bit of streams from everywhere it seems, but not enough to chart even at 200. UK didn't make up for majority it seems.

Comment

Poll is up on the OP for opening sales predictions in the UK (sales only not position).
                So does her microphone

Comment

Does the free digital download for every Vinyl / Bundle sold for Kylie through her website or Warner's get included as a single sale?
                  So does her microphone

Comment

Spotify

03/05/2019 91,598
                    05/05/2019 178,107 (+33,110)

Comment

^ thanks for the update [MENTION=28072]beredy[/MENTION]

It's been about 4/5 days since announcement, and Kylie is holding strong on the pre-orders still.

Amazon UK (Pre-orders):

#1 Vinyl Definitive Collection - Limited
                      #3 Audio CD (Booklet)
                      #4 Audio CD (Standard)

Amazon UK (Overall Best Seller - Including pre-orders)

#5 Step Back In Time - Limited Vinyl
                      #9 Audio CD (Booklet)
                      #13 Audio CD (Standard)

UK iTunes

#2 Step Back In Time - Definitive Collection

Aus iTunes

#2 Step Back In Time - Definitive Collection
                      So does her microphone

Comment

Glad to do these [MENTION=34626]Bellus[/MENTION]! I only wish I was writing down bigger numbers

Spotify

03/05/2019 91,598
                        06/05/2019 209,750 (+31,643)

Comment

'New York City' is going very bad on streams platforms. Kylie have to promote it. At the time, 'Dancing' was going very good on streaming platforms for her standards and on iTunes too

Comment

In other hand, 'New York City' still on big playlists on Spotify like New Music Friday UK but in low positions. The fans need listen the song inside this playlists to the song rise up

Comment

it's not even a single anyway, just a bonus track.
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Just a small question, will the Picture disc version be available in HMV? or just on Kylie.com?

Comment

At least it's stable for now.

Spotify

03/05/2019 91,598
                                  07/05/2019 241,192 (+31,442)

Comment

Spotify

03/05/2019 91,598
                                    08/05/2019 270,745 (+29,553)
                                    Last edited by beredy; Fri May 10, 2019, 07:47.

Comment

Thanks again [MENTION=28072]beredy[/MENTION] - it is interesting to watch how a Kylie song does in minimal playlists (just in a general sense).

28-31k seems to be the stable point for Kylie.

I was hoping we would have heard more news re promotion prior to June (I do want a performance of New York). I’m holding out for that small glimmer of hope they are saving it closer to release date (with. Sneaky physical - a sis can dream).
                                      So does her microphone

Comment

Spotify

03/05/2019 91,598
                                        09/05/2019 301,187 (+30,442)

Comment

UK Singles Downloads
                                          26 (New) New York City

Comment

UK Singles Downloads
                                            26 (New) New York City
                                            Good to see 'NYC' chart on downloads

Comment

Originally posted by ian001 View Post
                                              Good to see 'NYC' chart on downloads
                                              Well it's better then nothing - judging by the position I assume any of the automatic downloads which came with a Vinyl purchase didn't count towards the charts. There has been reports (just pop rumors within the Kylie sites) that the Vinyl's sold over 6.3k within the first week of pre-order in the UK, so Kylie would have charted if they were counted. Shame.
                                              So does her microphone

Comment

Well it's better then nothing - judging by the position I assume any of the automatic downloads which came with a Vinyl purchase didn't count towards the charts. There has been reports (just pop rumors within the Kylie sites) that the Vinyl's sold over 6.3k within the first week of pre-order in the UK, so Kylie would have charted if they were counted. Shame.

Hey, Bellus! WoW on the first week pre-orders of vinyl, in U.K good going so far

Comment

Spotify

03/05/2019 91,598

10/05/2019 342,303 (+41,116)

Comment

AUSTRALIA (Downloads)
                                                    36 (New) New York City

Comment

AUSTRALIA (Downloads)
                                                      36 (New) New York City
                                                      Excellent with australia

Comment

Spotify

03/05/2019 91,598

10/05/2019 342,303 (+41,116)
                                                        11/05/2019 371,184 (+28,881)

Comment

Interesting however people would have to choose the redeem the download, right? I only ask as I bought bundles etc and don't recall even seeing the DL link, so I must have missed it and wonder if I'm not alone...

Also this is me putting my hands up And confirming I didn't dl it but I have been streaming lol

Edit: just checked and I was never sent a DL link - was I suppose to do something to DL it?
                                                          Last edited by Jimshakes; Sun May 12, 2019, 09:28.

Comment

Amazon U.K Update Pre-Order

Vinyl chart:

#3 Mint green vinyl.

Hot new releases Cd's and Vinyl:

#6 Deluxe 2x Cd Album.
                                                            #7 Mint green vinyl
                                                            #15 Standard 2x Cd album.

Comment

Won’t these vinyl sales count towards her first week sales when it’s released? Or are you talking about the downloads?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X