No announcement yet.

Kylie Minogue :: The "Step Back In Time / Definitive Collection " Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I (and probably BMG/Kylie co too) have honestly no idea how she could improve those streaming numbers.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

NYC isn't a song that can start project "make Kylie happen on Spotify" TBH, but for the next era they could not put all the eggs into 5436732 physical editions for a start. They had 16 (+1 Gente Mi Zona track added on streaming) tracks for Golden. They could have done 12 track standard, then mix it up with deluxe physical (12 + Lost Without You+ Every Little Part of Me) and stream version (12 + Low Blow + Rollin'). At least fans could be forced to go more for streaming for a start.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Spotify playlists support is minimal, though.

Only included in a few NMF playlists and with bad placement.

Comment

How do you get those [MENTION=19930]nympho[/MENTION] ?
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
            How do you get those @nympho ?
            https://www.spotontrack.com/

You need to create an account. First month is free.
            Look for an artist or song and you can see info on streams, peaks, playlist where it’s included, etc.

Comment

Ok thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post
                First month is free.
                Says first 14 days for me? What's the price after free period? Can't seem to find that info on that page. Hate when they do that. Makes the site seem shady.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                  Says first 14 days for me? What's the price after free period? Can't seem to find that info on that page. Hate when they do that. Makes the site seem shady.
                  Yep. Maybe two weeks. I said 1 month without checking.
                  I don’t know how much it costs. I’ve used different email accounts once expired.

Comment

Guys, Kylie isn’t ever going to have a streaming hit. She’s never going to end up on Hots Hits UK for a start - she’s just not an artist for the Spotify demographic, like most other females over 40 in the industry. The fact NYC was 8th on New Music Friday is a relative achievement in itself! Her music doesn’t appeal to the bulk of Spotify’s listeners and it never will.

Comment

I don't think she can have 4m+ daily streaming hit, but 50k on a second day for a new song is... Terrible. Even if the song leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

^ Yes, but as Thriller pointed out, majority of Kylie's demo these days are just not the casual Spotify listeners.

Spotify has continued the trend set by radio of ensuring that both ageism and sexism exists within the music industry, so Kylie is battling on 2 fronts that she will never win.

No matter how people want to spin it, Golden was a SUCCESS without the help from radio (bar Radio 2), and Spotify / streaming. Kylie herself once again proved that she can outsell (with majority of sales coming from physicals) artists's which have started in the 'streaming' era.

Kylie has gone through so many industry changes. Cassettes, Vinyl's, CD, Digital, Streaming, that honestly I don't care if she doesn't give us huge streaming numbers. The girl is a bloody legend.

Kylie will sell physical's for this GH. We know she will. Will Kylie have a 'single' which will achieve success due to streaming? No. (Again, unless somehow some streaming giant (such as Ed featuring Kylie) song is released). Which will never happen.

Let's just appreciate that Kylie once again has a strong campaign ready for this, and her looks have been serving.
                        Originally posted by SummerPeur
                        Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                        Originally posted by Goldmoney
                        So does her microphone

Comment

Originally posted by Bellus View Post
                          ^ Yes, but as Thriller pointed out, majority of Kylie's demo these days are just not the casual Spotify listeners.

Spotify has continued the trend set by radio of ensuring that both ageism and sexism exists within the music industry, so Kylie is battling on 2 fronts that she will never win.

No matter how people want to spin it, Golden was a SUCCESS without the help from radio (bar Radio 2), and Spotify / streaming. Kylie herself once again proved that she can outsell (with majority of sales coming from physicals) artists's which have started in the 'streaming' era.

Kylie has gone through so many industry changes. Cassettes, Vinyl's, CD, Digital, Streaming, that honestly I don't care if she doesn't give us huge streaming numbers. The girl is a bloody legend.

Kylie will sell physical's for this GH. We know she will. Will Kylie have a 'single' which will achieve success due to streaming? No. (Again, unless somehow some streaming giant (such as Ed featuring Kylie) song is released). Which will never happen.

Let's just appreciate that Kylie once again has a strong campaign ready for this, and her looks have been serving.

Well said! and sensible, getting very excited for this new era! GO Kylie

Comment

Great post @Bellus!

And again, I'm not saying it in a negative way, I just wish she had at least mild streaming success because I love Kylie

EDIT: I wrote the wrong mention. Can't get used to the new vanity name ex-SummerPeur has.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                              Spotify

03/05/2019 91,598
                              04/05/2019 144,997 (+53,399)

Ugh. Why can't she gain some decent foothold on streaming.
                              With two countries in the world supporting you (UK/Aus) is quite hard to get big numbers on the streaming platforms.
                              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                With two countries in the world supporting you (UK/Aus) is quite hard to get big numbers on the streaming platforms.
                                It’s not even in Australian NMF. So basically all streams would come from UK.

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                  It’s not even in Australian NMF. So basically all streams would come from UK.
                                  The first day app showed 91.5k, but it had less than 54,696 streams in UK as that was the last placement on May 3rd. Even with inflated numbers from the app vs charts, it got a bit of streams from everywhere it seems, but not enough to chart even at 200. UK didn't make up for majority it seems.

Comment

Poll is up on the OP for opening sales predictions in the UK (sales only not position).
                                    So does her microphone

Comment

Does the free digital download for every Vinyl / Bundle sold for Kylie through her website or Warner's get included as a single sale?
                                      So does her microphone

Comment

Spotify

03/05/2019 91,598
                                        05/05/2019 178,107 (+33,110)

Comment

^ thanks for the update [MENTION=28072]beredy[/MENTION]

It's been about 4/5 days since announcement, and Kylie is holding strong on the pre-orders still.

Amazon UK (Pre-orders):

#1 Vinyl Definitive Collection - Limited
                                          #3 Audio CD (Booklet)
                                          #4 Audio CD (Standard)

Amazon UK (Overall Best Seller - Including pre-orders)

#5 Step Back In Time - Limited Vinyl
                                          #9 Audio CD (Booklet)
                                          #13 Audio CD (Standard)

UK iTunes

#2 Step Back In Time - Definitive Collection

Aus iTunes

#2 Step Back In Time - Definitive Collection
                                          So does her microphone

Comment

Glad to do these [MENTION=34626]Bellus[/MENTION]! I only wish I was writing down bigger numbers

Spotify

03/05/2019 91,598
                                            05/05/2019 178,107 (+33,110)
                                            06/05/2019 209,750 (+31,643)

Comment

'New York City' is going very bad on streams platforms. Kylie have to promote it. At the time, 'Dancing' was going very good on streaming platforms for her standards and on iTunes too

Comment

In other hand, 'New York City' still on big playlists on Spotify like New Music Friday UK but in low positions. The fans need listen the song inside this playlists to the song rise up

Comment

it's not even a single anyway, just a bonus track.

Comment

Just a small question, will the Picture disc version be available in HMV? or just on Kylie.com?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X