X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smile 2,232,076 Streams on Spotify WW
    Daisies 52,809,132
    Never Really Over 393,999,946
    Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
      Your predictions for the album first week?
      knowing the fact that she doesn’t have tour bundles yet like for Witness, 130-145k SPS would be really good
      I would suggest a third of Witness' opening, which would be ~ 60k.
      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
      and everything you stand for?
      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Opening week I think 50k is realistic. Sadly there seems to be no hype or buzz for the album at all. Good to hear she has 260k SPS to be added on to the numbers. Maybe she can go gold eventually.

Comment

• I'd be happy with anything above 50/60k but im a bit nervous if I'm honest....
          Love you like a love song!

Comment

• I really want to know where the rumor came from that 'Smile' has moved 260,000 pre-release units in the US, because here's the real data:

Never Really Over — 1.4kk SPS
            Harleys in Hawaii — 200k SPS
            Daisies — 280k SPS

Total: ~190,000 SPS units from pre-release singles.

Where did the other 700,000 units come from? Saturn?
            Last edited by Million; Mon July 13, 2020, 05:21.

Comment

• ^
              I guess you meant 70k, not 700k.

Small Talk and Never Worn White are also included on the deluxe Target edition.
              So their SPS are also counted for the album.
              So, yes, with the 6 songs released so far, it could be around 250k by the time of the album release.

Regarding her opening numbers... 1/3rd of Witness numbers? That would be a big big drop...
              I know she doesn’t have a hit this time, but she has two CDs, two vinyls, cassette and -so far- 24 different merch bundles on her website...
              I don’t expect longevity, but she still has a fanbase.

Considering Witness opened with 180k, I think she should open with at least 80k (56% drop).

Comment

• Covenant
                Covenant commented
                Editing a comment
                Katy said in an interview that Never Worn White would not be part of the album

• Covenant Million
              ​​​​​​​
              ​​​​​​​You are both receiving an infraction.

No more stupid Katy-Gaga stan wars in 2020. No more shady comments. No personal attacks will be tolerated.
              And, please, stop misusing the “comment” feature.
              Quote instead.

Comment

• Covenant
                Covenant commented
                Editing a comment
                meh

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
              Covenant Million

​​​​​​​You are both receiving an infraction.

No more stupid Katy-Gaga stan wars in 2020. No more shady comments. No personal attacks will be tolerated.
              And, please, stop misusing the “comment” feature.
              Quote instead.
              He started it by telling lies about Gaga, which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic (and you know that this is not the first time he has done it on this same topic). I have the right to reply, since his comment was directed at me. And I didn't attack him personally, I just posted figures that correspond to facts and told the truth. But if you still think that we should both receive the same punishment (even though he was the pivotal person of the problem in this situation), fine, you're moderator, not me, but don't expect me to agree with this injustice.

Comment

^
                I guess you meant 70k, not 700k.

Small Talk and Never Worn White are also included on the deluxe Target edition.
                So their SPS are also counted for the album.
                So, yes, with the 6 songs released so far, it could be around 250k by the time of the album release.
                Obviously I was referring to 70k, as it is the same as 700k/10.

Are you sure Small Talk and Never Worn White are in the Target deluxe version? It says here that this version has two additional tracks: a new song and a voice memo.

And even if she put ST & NWW on some version of the album, they sold only 300k SPS combined on US (Small Talk 200k+NWW 100k), which would add only 30k to the album before release, reaching 210-220k. It's impossible for her to move 400-300k units with the songs that are currently available on the album with only one month to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post
                  Obviously I was referring to 70k, as it is the same as 700k/10.

Are you sure Small Talk and Never Worn White are in the Target deluxe version? It says here that this version has two additional tracks: a new song and a voice memo.

And even if she put ST & NWW on some version of the album, they sold only 300k SPS combined on US (Small Talk 200k+NWW 100k), which would add only 30k to the album before release, reaching 210-220k. It's impossible for her to move 400-300k units with the songs that are currently available on the album with only one month to go.
                  Well, if the estimation is 210-220k, I meant in case some of your figures were a bit low and with the units she’ll move in a month.
                  Either way, 210, 220 or 250k makes no difference.

Regarding ST and NWW on Target edition, that’s the tracklist I saw on the album’s thread.

Comment

• POP:
                    26 26 KATY PERRY Daisies 2654 2393 261 8.735

+50 Spins
                    +13 Bullet
                    +0.099 Audience

HOT AC:
                    10 11 KATY PERRY Daisies 3340 3317 23 15.367

+21 Spins
                    -10 Bullet
                    +0.178 Audience

AC:
                    11 11 KATY PERRY Daisies 227 211 16 1.256

-10 Spins
                    -6 Bullet
                    +0.016 Audience
                    You got me feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancin...

Comment

• SMILE is just a promo track so i won't be posting any iTunes/streams updates of it for now.

Comment

• Katy recently said in an interview (In an interview with @958capitalfm) that she had recorded a video for "Smile" but did not confirm a release date.
                        https://twitter.com/katyperryshub/st...40468493430785
                        Another one in the casket

Comment

Well, if the estimation is 210-220k, I meant in case some of your figures were a bit low and with the units she’ll move in a month.
                          Either way, 210, 220 or 250k makes no difference.

Regarding ST and NWW on Target edition, that’s the tracklist I saw on the album’s thread.
                          Like I said long time ago before we knew details of the album, the best she could do is adding those old singles to the tracklist so she could boost some SPS units which she smartly ended up doing it.

This was for the best, without those past-singles units counting towards the album’s total the numbers for this would’ve been simply tragic!

As for the album itself, I think it’ll inevitably bomb.
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Even 75-60k seems optimistic at this point. How much did Witness do without the tour bundle? Wasn’t it like 50k?

Comment

• Katy has ever right to add her SOLO top 20 hit to her upcoming album. Numbers would be tragic for a lot of albums without pre-release songs being put onto them lets be honest. It's something a lot of people have done in recent years. Also NRO is a great track and deserves its place.
                              Regarding this albums performance, I can't see it staying long on the charts at all. I assume she will sell enough to debut in the top 10 for one week at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                Even 75-60k seems optimistic at this point. How much did Witness do without the tour bundle? Wasn’t it like 50k?
                                Is her situation that bad that some people are doubting this could pass 70K on debut week? :/

I know “Witness” had a tour bundle but still I think she could do 70K-80K on first week with this, anything lower to 70K would be like Hilary Duff numbers or something.
                                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
                                  Well, judging by almost non-existent streaming, song dropping on iTunes, I doubt this will even debut on Bubbling under. I don’t know what’s the plan, but I have a feeling they’ll call it a promo single soon.
                                  It's always been labeled as a promo single. They are still pushing Daisies at radio.

Comment

• I am not sure if I like the new single. It sounds more "Katy Perry" than anything else she released lately but there is still something missing
                                    jio CHARTS NOW: 19/1/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10543721

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post

It's always been labeled as a promo single. They are still pushing Daisies at radio.
                                      Exactly, it's clearly a promo single, no video, not been sent to radio.

Does Daisies show any potential for growth on radio/ pop going forward ?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Is her situation that bad that some people are doubting this could pass 70K on debut week? :/

I know “Witness” had a tour bundle but still I think she could do 70K-80K on first week with this, anything lower to 70K would be like Hilary Duff numbers or something.
                                        Well, no shade to Katy or anything but she has really fallen. She's coming off four failed singles in a row (two of them didn't even chart). If she released the album a year ago while Never Really Over was doing well, she would've hit 70K easily but I have my doubts now. Physical sales are lower than ever due to COVID-19 and her streaming numbers are disastrous. She has merch bundles but I don't think they'll make a huge difference. We'll see...

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Smile is clearly a single, her label has already sent it to the Australian radio (which they've done with literally every single that she released to date):

https://themusicnetwork.com/charts/singles-to-radio/

Also, she confirmed that the video has already been recorded, she just hasn't released it yet:

And she said in her Instagram that 'Smile' is a single, here's the proof:
                                          ​​​​https://www.instagram.com/p/CCbIbvYHvY2/ (SMILE: THE SINGLE — OUT NOW)

Her label just didn't set a date to send this new single to US radios due to Daisies' awful performance.

Y'all can repeat a thousand times that it's not a single (for the
                                          obvious reason, no one is here for this song), but facts are facts. If this song had made any noise, nobody here would be calling it "just a promotional single", don't be hypocritical.
                                          Last edited by Million; Mon July 13, 2020, 15:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I expected the album pre-order to boost the song on streaming/sales but it had not that much effect on it however Daisies has been really stable in growing slowly but steady.

Comment

• ^^ From your "receipts"

"In an interview with @958capitalfm, Katy Perry confirmed she recorded a music video for her new promotional single ‘Smile’"

Smile is a promo single.

Comment

• Being sent to radio in Australia does not make a single in the USA.

Daisies is peaking at radio.

Comment

Working...
                                                X