Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    The fact you're even comparing the two is hilarious

Smile era
    1. Never Really Over
    2. Harleys in Hawaii
    3. Daisies
    4. Smile
    5. Not the End of the World

Five singles, plus videos for Cry About It Later, Tucked, Champagne Problems, Resilient, and What Makes a Woman. Keep in mind some of those had multiple versions AND remixes... Glory had two singles with two videos and that was it. The era lasted four months while Smile is still going after nearly two years. So if you're going to bring up tracklist length, make sure you also take the amount of singles + videos into consideration which is WAY more important than some bonus tracks.

Now, back to Smile and its latest single. Not the End of the World failed to make any charts, right? I don't think it even made the iTunes Top 100.
    Neither Smile nor Not the end of the world are singles
    . Unless you want to call Do you want to come over, Matches or Swimming in the stars as singles. Also the Glory era has lasted for four years at this point with TWO reissues and extra tracks added each time . None of the remixes are on Katys album so don't add any numbers to it so it's clear you are just trolling at this point, especially trying to claim NTEOTW is a single lol.
    Last edited by InFamous; Sat December 26, 2020, 00:43.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

In terms of units it is even though Glory has twice as many tracks and was released four years earlier lol. Pre release SPS counts for everyone
    ​​​​​​ so yes the album Smile is at approx 350k SPS whether you like it or not. Plus Smile is certified gold in Norway. Maybe she should add 12 more tracks and she would go gold in 2024.
    The fact you're even comparing the two is hilarious

Smile era
    1. Never Really Over
    2. Harleys in Hawaii
    3. Daisies
    4. Smile
    5. Not the End of the World

Five singles, plus videos for Cry About It Later, Tucked, Champagne Problems, Resilient, and What Makes a Woman. Keep in mind some of those had multiple versions AND remixes... Glory had two singles with two videos and that was it. The era lasted four months while Smile is still going after nearly two years. So if you're going to bring up tracklist length, make sure you also take the amount of singles + videos into consideration which is WAY more important than some bonus tracks.

Now, back to Smile and its latest single. Not the End of the World failed to make any charts, right? I don't think it even made the iTunes Top 100.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    Those people never struggled like this, though. There's underperforming and then there's Smile.
    Cher and Tina were definitely classed as totally over and came back. Before Tina Turner released Mariah was classed as over after glitter and charm bracelet time but came back. I honestly think Katy will. For years after leaving Ike & before releasing private dancer Tina was thought to be over by everyone. Cher has seemed like she was over many times. When Kylie released impossible princess after the lukewarm success of self titled 94 she was probably seen as being over. That’s why comebacks are such a thing.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

I don't think she's talented tbh. She's not a good vocalist, she is not a good dancer, she doesn't have songwriting or composing talents. She relies heavily on her producers. Her career went downhill after Dr.Luke and never recovered. And i love Katy but i can admit that my fave isn't talented, just like Madame X.
    Youre totally wrong about her songwriting skills and her vocal skills but hey I'm not going to waste my time trying to change your mind! I also disagree with you that Madonna has no talent.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

What are you rambling on about? Katy has more talent than any of those other pop girls and can sing live and perform. Listen to her sing Unconditionally acoustic and dare to say Katy has no talent. Please.

In terms of the album it would have done far better if it was ready to release after or around the time of NRO but she wasn't even thinking about an album then. The album just happened really due to Covid and while I do love most of it I definitely feel the production could have gone harder. And it does sound a bit dated.
    I don't think she's talented tbh. She's not a good vocalist, she is not a good dancer, she doesn't have songwriting or composing talents. She relies heavily on her producers. Her career went downhill after Dr.Luke and never recovered. And i love Katy but i can admit that my fave isn't talented, just like Madame X.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

They had actually talent
    What are you rambling on about? Katy has more talent than any of those other pop girls and can sing live and perform. Listen to her sing Unconditionally acoustic and dare to say Katy has no talent. Please.

In terms of the album it would have done far better if it was ready to release after or around the time of NRO but she wasn't even thinking about an album then. The album just happened really due to Covid and while I do love most of it I definitely feel the production could have gone harder. And it does sound a bit dated.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post

I’m pretty sure people were saying that about Mariah, Kylie, Cher, Tina Turner & many many others at certain points. She will be back but now’s not the right time.
    Nope, Katy is done. She doesn't even have a solid fanbase and GP doesn't care about her. Pop music is a fickle world, you need to be talented like Gaga to survive or comeback.
    Last edited by spiritboy; Fri December 25, 2020, 17:02.

Leave a comment:

• PopFan
    replied
    Smile is a flop, at least the music was good. I personally played it some times but it feels kinda not current with the times. Also, without a hit to carry the album, the era was DOA since August.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Yes and we all know why. In reality this has barely moved 80K since its release and charted for a mere 4 weeks without a single re-entry (not even on the sales chart).

And no, it's not on par with Glory. That album charted for twice as many weeks.
    In terms of units it is even though Glory has twice as many tracks and was released four years earlier lol. Pre release SPS counts for everyone
    ​​​​​​ so yes the album Smile is at approx 350k SPS whether you like it or not. Plus Smile is certified gold in Norway. Maybe she should add 12 more tracks and she would go gold in 2024.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied

Cher had countless albums that completely flopped actually. And I'm sure Smile sold more than Kylie's last albums in the US. Smile is around 350k SPS in the US. There are plenty of artists who have done less. Smile is on par with Glory in the US.
    Yes and we all know why. In reality this has barely moved 80K since its release and charted for a mere 4 weeks without a single re-entry (not even on the sales chart).

And no, it's not on par with Glory. That album charted for twice as many weeks.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Those people never struggled like this, though. There's underperforming and then there's Smile.
    Cher had countless albums that completely flopped actually. And I'm sure Smile sold more than Kylie's last albums in the US. Smile is around 350k SPS in the US. There are plenty of artists who have done less. Smile is on par with Glory in the US.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post

I’m pretty sure people were saying that about Mariah, Kylie, Cher, Tina Turner & many many others at certain points. She will be back but now’s not the right time.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied

Exactly, we knew nothing would work. Katy Perry's pop career is over, nothing will revive it and she knows it yet she shows some effort.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    We literally told you that no one cared about this project back in August or whenever it was released, because that was super obvious even then.
    Exactly, we knew nothing would work. Katy Perry's pop career is over, nothing will revive it and she knows it yet she shows some effort.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Nostalgiee View Post
    it's sad these sales between prism and today, even Kat Deluna sells more
    Blatant lies.

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgiee
    replied

it's sad these sales between prism and today, even Kat Deluna sells more

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    We literally told you that no one cared about this project back in August or whenever it was released, because that was super obvious even then.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Well... it was obvious the video won't make the song to chart or the album to come back to charts...

But on the other hand, it is indeed shocking to see that NOTHING, absolutely nothing, of the countless promo she has done this era has worked.

She has performed everywhere possible... from GMA, to American Idol finale, from Unicef Gala to the American Music Awards...

Acoustic videos, animated videos for most of the songs on the album, 8 music videos...

And nothing worked. I'm not talking about BB200 or Hot 100, but not even the album returning to BB Top Album sales for a week or some of the songs performed making Hot Digital songs after a big TV performance...

I mean, despite the flop, this is probably one of the best eras for the fans... She's doing an amazing job, that's for sure. If only others cared so much to promote their music...

But this is clearly not a case of "people don't even know she has a new album out". People simply don't care.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Are some people trolling here or did you really expect the video to have some kind of effect? The album was DOA and nothing can revive it so at least she's making some effort for the fans.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Nostalgiee View Post
    Not the End of the World

iTunes:
    #593 UK
    #900 USA

flop...
    I mean she just released a video for the fans. No one expected an album track to suddenly top itunes out of nowhere. It's not a single.

Leave a comment:

• ViviLittleM
    replied
    She doesn't deserve to flop like this. She's giving us so much.

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgiee
    replied
    Not the End of the World

iTunes:
    #593 UK
    #900 USA

flop...

Leave a comment:

• gorgonzola
    replied
    Radio Charts- czech republic
    New 7 (121) peak: 7 Smile Perry, Katy 1

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    She should DEEPLY discount this in the new year and snatch up as many bargain bin sales as she can. I really do admire her commitment to the project. She’s given us like 8 music videos for the deluxe edition of the album which is not far off it being a visual album really

Leave a comment:

• HellaGood
    replied

Album: Smile
    iTunes:
    #151 Japan (-8)
    #249 Australia (NE)
    #395 France (+77)
    #748 United States (NE)

Apple Music:
    #46 Brazil (+80)
    #82 Mexico (+100)