No announcement yet.

Katy Perry :: The "Smile" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My country probably is the most supportive in the world when it comes to pop girls. And I LOVE that !
    Spotify Brazil:

​​​​Cry About It Later - 213,593 (#58)
    Teary Eyes - 151,718 (#83)
    Not The End Of The World - 151,313 (#84)
    Daisies - 137,042 (#101)
    Smile - 135,980 (#102)
    Never Really Over - 132,889 (#109)
    Champagne Problems - 125,774 (#123)
    Resilient - 120,515 (#128)
    Harleys In Hawaii - 111,367 (#147)
    Only Love - 103,490 (#165)
    What Makes A Woman - 99,144 (#181)

Total plays : 1,482.985 (without "Tucked" numbers as it was the only song not to chart within the top 200 .

Comment

• I cant believe ppl are so quick to write this off as a flop!! the numbers are solid and most of the songs have been out for a while so obviously she was not gonna score a huge debut. duh! Daisies is 3 months old and Smile hasnt blown up just yet.

Katy is not focused on charts right now. she just gave birth and that's more important than any promo slot. besides she has has done well with this record and its only the beginning. this album is full of hit potential. want to know what a TRUE flop looks like? the latest eras by Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Madonna and Miley Cyrus make Smile look like Teenage Dream, just saying...

Comment

• Originally posted by NeverReallyOver View Post
        and Smile hasnt blown up just yet.
        ... It’s not like it’s going to blow up in the future either ..

Originally posted by NeverReallyOver View Post
        the latest eras by Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Madonna and Miley Cyrus make Smile look like Teenage Dream, just saying...
        Britney’s last era opened with 111K units on the billboard 200 without web merchandises, bundles or any of that
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
          The 12 years into her career isn't exactly a "good excuse" for these terrible numbers, as a lot of artists with more or the same years of career are doing better. She really deserves better... there are sme good songs on the album, it's really sad to see she lost that amount of fans, where are they?

Every artist has a different trajectory of highs and lows, I mean Katy, Taylor, Rihanna, Adele, Gaga all debuted between 2005-2008, but Katy’s career took a downturn with Witness in 2017 and she can’t be held up to her old power. It is okay, I think she released the record for fan service, because Capitol was considering postponing and relaunching the era after Diasies did bad. I really like the record and as she said in her interview her standards of success today are managed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

... It’s not like it’s going to blow up in the future either ..

Britney’s last era opened with 111K units on the billboard 200 without web merchandises, bundles or any of that
            You dont know that. she could easily book some promo slots later this year after recovering from giving birth. the era is far from over. And dude.... that Britney album isn't even gold. definition of front loaded and 111k isn't good for 2016. Never Really Over has more streams than it I'm pretty sure lol 1 song vs full album. there are many artists doing worse than Katy trust me. She's fine.

Comment

• Cry About it later should have been included in Today Top Hits. Not having any songs on the album over there is a mistake
              Another one in the casket

Comment

• Originally posted by NeverReallyOver View Post
                You dont know that. she could easily book some promo slots later this year after recovering from giving birth. the era is far from over. And dude.... that Britney album isn't even gold. definition of front loaded and 111k isn't good for 2016. Never Really Over has more streams than it I'm pretty sure lol 1 song vs full album. there are many artists doing worse than Katy trust me. She's fine.
                Well remember that Britney only released 2 singles (not 8 like Katy) and that her streams and performance are an indication / reflection of a normally released album that pulled organic streams. Had Britney started to add a bunch of past singles she released before her album like “Scream & Shout” , “Pretty Girls”, “Ooh La La”, etc like Katy did ... then the album would have 800million streams by now and would be Gold already long time ago. But that wasn’t it’s case.

I’m not saying Katy did wrong by doing that, I’m just saying Katy used a different strategy and way to release her music. Had she not added those old songs to her album and had just started with “Daisies” her album surely wouldn’t have those streams now.

Also “Smile” will likely be frontloaded, it’s not like Katy has a collection of hit songs right now to keep selling the album for weeks and weeks. So I wouldn’t call out frontloaded albums.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• There are a couple of eras, which seem like doomed from the start. I think we all know them and 'Smile' may get added to the list. But as mentioned before, almost every act will have them sooner or later and Katy Perry's priorities are different at the moment. She's still seemed very dedicated this era, which is a good thing.
                  Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                  and everything you stand for?
                  Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                  just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• This album will spend 5 weeks on billboard I imagine and I predict 70k first week and total around 300k with pre released streams included, it will probably reach gold eventually

Comment

• I keep my prediction of 80K-100K opening for the album.

Comment

• Katy Perry's Smile (Capitol) and Metallica's S&M2 (Blackened) will land the top debuts on next week's HITS Top 50. Internet Money and Lil Wayne enter as well.

With none of the new releases competing for #1, it looks like the top spot will once again go to Republic, in another tight race between Taylor Swift and Pop Smoke.

New Release projections:
                        Katy Perry (Capitol) 50-60k total activity, 40-45k albums
                        Metallica (Blackened) 50-55k, 45-50k
                        Internet Money (Internet Money/10K Projects) 27-32k, <1k
                        Lil Wayne (Cash Money/Republic) 24-27k, 2-3k

Comment

• Tragic debut.
                          Another one in the casket

Comment

• I hope she can at least get to the 60k but since this is below 70k it's really tragic tbh. Pure sales is OK but streaming is really bad
                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                              I hope she can at least get to the 60k but since this is below 70k it's really tragic tbh. Pure sales is OK but streaming is really bad
                              Pure sales are tragic. She has merch bundles with like 10 different covers and and still couldn't crack 50k.

Comment

• Tragic debut indeed. People are literally eating her alive on social media and other websites at the moment so good for her that she’s focussed on her personal life right now instead because this is definitely a bad moment career-wise.

Kesha’s last album which singles didn’t even chart on the Hot 100 opened with 45K units, so I never thought a Katy new album would do just a few more units than that. I’m legit shocked.

Comment

• Her private life is more important now. I can imagine this is her last album before she is doing a longer break.

People love comeback stories, so I can imagine she is coming back stronger in the next years.

Comment

• I don’t think she will make top 5 considering Taylor pop smoke etc

Comment

• Very low debut numbers as expected.

Comment

• Honestly, none of the recent singles made any major impact, no one I know is talking about the album, only regular fans. There is no promo, the biggest hit from the album was released 15 months ago... if she ends up making 60k, lucky her. I just don't want to see the second week numbers to be honest...
                                        “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikerocha View Post
                                          Honestly, none of the recent singles made any major impact, no one I know is talking about the album, only regular fans. There is no promo, the biggest hit from the album was released 15 months ago... if she ends up making 60k, lucky her. I just don't want to see the second week numbers to be honest...
                                          I agree with some of the points you made, they seemed reasonable.

But no promo? This is literally the most promoted and marketed female album of the last 2 years in the music industry.

Comment

• Tragic result as expected. There's no way she can recover from this disaster. At least she made an album her fans enjoy.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

I agree with some of the points you made, they seemed reasonable.

But no promo? This is literally the most promoted and marketed female album of the last 2 years in the music industry.
                                              Exactly. In fact, she has been promoting this non stop for the past year, even in the middle of a pandemic.... we WISH our faves had half the push.

Comment

• Yeah, no one can say there was no promo for this album. She did her best, gave great visuals and good performances, still the music didn't connect with people. I think the era ends here, she should take a couple of years to enjoy motherhood, plan a comeback era, record great music and see if she can have success again.

Btw, based on US performance, i wouldn't be surprised if this don't debut in top 10 in UK.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• My GOD - never thought I’d see her pull those numbers.

Comment

• Tragic numbers. I was sure she would pull at least 80k sps. I think that if this album was pushed during the NRO release last year, it will certainly do better.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X