Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK
    25 (5) 2 Smile

Compared to the other mega tragic drops, the UK one doesn't look that bad.
    #24 sold 2,452 and #27 sold 2,393 so 2.4k for Katy this week in UK.
    Total: 11,000 copies

85 (73) 5 Smile

Comment

• Also Metallica and Disclosure had biggest drops than Katy in the UK, in spite of being top 5 last week, above her

That's the thing of album charts nowadays.

Comment

• Originally posted by flotando View Post
        Also Metallica and Disclosure had biggest drops than Katy in the UK, in spite of being top 5 last week, above her

That's the thing of album charts nowadays.
        Let's not act that it's something THAT common tho. Regarding Metallica, it's expected since it's a live album

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisGaga View Post

Let's not act that it's something THAT common tho. Regarding Metallica, it's expected since it's a live album
          It's actually very common for female artists lately. Unless you have good streaming power. If you dont big second week drops are the norm.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
            PORTUGAL
            3 (New) Smile

HUNGARY
            24 (New) Smile
            Of course this would become her highest charting album in Portugal
            “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• Rolling Stone Album Chart

88 (3) Smile 2 weeks - 7.4K

1k sales only
              2.6k song sales
              7.6 million streams

top songs
              Daisies
              Cry About it Later
              Smile

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikerocha View Post

Of course this would become her highest charting album in Portugal
                why's that?

Comment

Rolling Stone Album Chart

88 (3) Smile 2 weeks - 7.4K

1k sales only
                  2.6k song sales
                  7.6 million streams

top songs
                  Daisies
                  Cry About it Later
                  Smile
                  That’s not their final chart. They post the final chart on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It's actually very common for female artists lately. Unless you have good streaming power. If you dont big second week drops are the norm.
                    What "female artists"?

Even Madonna or Celine Dion albums were Top 15 on 2nd week in UK. And their streaming is way worse than Katy's.

Also, it's funny that you're making it look like she's one of those 80s or 90s mature divas pre-digital era Madonna, Celine, Mariah, Janet type... It's not an excuse she's making that bad because her streaming numbers are bad... There are many female artists from her generation having good streaming numbers. It's not a "norm" for her peers.

Don't want to go on and on with this, but while there's no need to rub salt in the wound... no need to make it look like a new Katy Perry album dropping out of chart or out of Top 40 in most markets on week 2 is "the norm" for female acts lately either.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

What "female artists"?

Even Madonna or Celine Dion albums were Top 15 on 2nd week in UK. And their streaming is way worse than Katy's.

Also, it's funny that you're making it look like she's one of those 80s or 90s mature divas pre-digital era Madonna, Celine, Mariah, Janet type... It's not an excuse she's making that bad because her streaming numbers are bad... There are many female artists from her generation having good streaming numbers. It's not a "norm" for her peers.

Don't want to go on and on with this, but while there's no need to rub salt in the wound... no need to make it look like a new Katy Perry album dropping out of chart or out of Top 40 in most markets on week 2 is "the norm" for female acts lately either.
                      I didn't know the conversation was specific to the UK my mistake. And again, no one is making excuses for her numbers. Her numbers are terrible. Because she has no streaming or sales to compensate. I guess Madonna and Celine had enough sales to keep them in Top 15. Katy has no sales either. I'm not making it look like she is a 90's type either so stop putting words into my mouth. Ellie Goulding and Jessie Ware also had huge drops with recent albums in the UK if i remember correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

why's that?
                        It happens sometimes in Portugal when albums underperform anywhere else, it charts higher in Portugal.

Comment

• Over and out from the Smile era for me! No point checking on these numbers, the era is done.

Comment

It happens sometimes in Portugal when albums underperform anywhere else, it charts higher in Portugal.
                            Yeah, Portugal is an unconventional market ;) . But yeah, those couple of hundred copies sold there are a nice bonus.
                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                            and everything you stand for?
                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• As expected, Smile did not make the HITS Top 50 chart, so less than 12.8k units sold this week. Probably less than 10k.

Comment

Ellie Goulding and Jessie Ware also had huge drops with recent albums in the UK if i remember correctly.
                                Ellie had a couple of hits, but Jessie was never big on charts. Don't be too desperate with comparisons.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                  As expected, Smile did not make the HITS Top 50 chart, so less than 12.8k units sold this week. Probably less than 10k.
                                  Expected and no surprise at all. Predicted it before the first weeks numbers were even out. Pretty much standard drop for major pop girls that had lots of bundle help first week.
                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• In happier news..

Australian Album Charts:

7 (2) Smile

Witness also debuted at #2 and dropped to #6 in its second week, so she seems to be showing some consistency here. We'll have to see what the third week entails though.

Comment

• NEW ZEALAND
                                      21 (4) 2 Smile

Comment

• Stan Australia!

I'm happy with the results, maybe this album will become a cult fan favorite like Bionic in the future who knows?
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Sorry but the fact that some of you try to make it seem like falling out of top 50 in USA in the 2nd week is something common is ridiculous It's in fact a very bad result! She is Katy Perry not Ellie Goulding. And NO! No major pop girl had this kind of fall recently. Tell me one! Taylor? Gaga? Ariana? Dua? Selena? Halsey? Camila? Even Beyonce's The Gift had much better hold! Don't try to find excuses to make you feel better. And she had much more promo than Taylor or Gaga for example this past months!
                                          Anyway, great hold at least in Australia! They should try a new single there and maybe some promo since it's the only country where the album it seems that has some legs
                                          Last edited by HarrisGaga; Sat September 12, 2020, 13:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisGaga View Post
                                            Sorry but the fact that some of you try to make it seem like falling out of top 50 in USA in the 2nd week is something common is ridiculous It's in fact a very bad result! She is Katy Perry not Ellie Goulding. And NO! No major pop girl had this kind of fall recently. Tell me one! Taylor? Gaga? Ariana? Dua? Selena? Halsey? Camila? Even Beyonce's The Gift had much better hold! Don't try to find excuses to make you feel better. And she had much more promo than Taylor or Gaga for example this past months!
                                            Anyway, great hold at least in Australia! They should try a new single there and maybe some promo since it's the only country where the album it seems that has some legs
                                            Ummmm Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Madonna, Christina Aguilera all had massive drops too way out of the top 50? why not include them??? its a well known fact pop females over 30 have it way harder in this youth dominated industry. dont compare her to Ariana or Selena its dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeverReallyOver View Post
                                              Ummmm Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Madonna, Christina Aguilera all had massive drops too way out of the top 50? why not include them??? its a well known fact pop females over 30 have it way harder in this youth dominated industry. dont compare her to Ariana or Selena its dumb.
                                              Britney’s last album dropped to #12 in its second week...just for the record.
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by NeverReallyOver View Post
                                                Well. Britney Spears’ “Glory” debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 and fell to #12 on it’s second week. In fact it charted at #37 on it’s 3rd week.

So , not her case.
                                                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncι . Soda Stereo

Comment

Not really tbh. The real first single of this album was Smile. Everyone knows the songs from the year before were only added to boost SPS. And the other songs after that weren't proper singles.
                                                  Smile was not a single in the USA.

Comment

• Not only did glory sell more it stayed longer on billboard 200

Comment

Working...
                                                    X