• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevinmakeme View Post
    Would like the real source

Comment

• An insider announced that when the album dropped so we been knew

I guess this is the end for this thread as the album isn't charting anywhere.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
        An insider announced that when the album dropped so we been knew

I guess this is the end for this thread as the album isn't charting anywhere.
        Well I mean did anyone really expect another official single to come from Smile at this point? The NTEOTW video was clearly the last thing Katy wanted to do for the era.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well I mean did anyone really expect another official single to come from Smile at this point? The NTEOTW video was clearly the last thing Katy wanted to do for the era.
          I'm glad that we have a brilliant pop album.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

I'm glad that we have a brilliant pop album.
            Defo. I have to admit thought I would love to have heard what Dr Luke would have done with the tracks production wize. The songs are good and the material is there, I just think the production could have been harder, fresher, better.

Comment

Defo. I have to admit thought I would love to have heard what Dr Luke would have done with the tracks production wize. The songs are good and the material is there, I just think the production could have been harder, fresher, better.
              Dr.Luke will give her hits, just look at Doja Cat.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Do you still want her to go back to work with a man accused of raping Ke$ha, and who would also have raped Katy, according to Ke$ha—even though Katy denies this—just for quick hits? Are u sick?!

Comment

• nympho
                  nympho commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Informal warning. You don’t need to call “sick” any other user to express your bad opinion about Dr. Luke. And please, stay on topic.

• Anyone should have a bad opinion about this nefarious man, especially after everything he did for Ke$ha and after she revealed other rotten things about him. Doja only worked with him under an old contract when she was younger, and she has already said that she doesn't intend to work with him again, and Katy has said that too. It should be forbidden for anyone to wish this monster to work with their fave just for quick hits, there are several other ways to achieve this without having to get into the dirt. Besides, I didn't say that someone here's sick, I only asked a question in a scolding tone. And I'm on the topic, because I'm just giving my opinion on the topic that these other users brought to the topic before me.

Comment

• They were talking about Dr. Luke as a producer and about the music.
                  Your opinion about him as a person has NOTHING to do with “Smile” charts or sales.
                  So, once again, MOVE ON.
                  If you all want to talk about Dr. Luke there are other threads, not this one.

Comment

• guettamala airplay
                    4- not the end of the world

Comment

Couldn’t agree more!
                      Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• According to Billboard, the album “Smile” sold 402,000 total units in United States.

Comment

• Smile - 402K (67K pure sales)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...resorts-world/
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                            Not bad. Coming to Gold this year

Comment

• That’s not bad actually. Obvs NRO helped it so much but it’s still a very solid album.

Comment

• Why is this topic still open

Comment

• Really not bad! Thank you masterpiece NRO

Comment

• Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                    That’s not bad actually. Obvs NRO helped it so much but it’s still a very solid album.
                                    Great to see it at 400k ! Anyway many albums have that one big song carrying it so I dont see that as a big deal. I mean its a solo song that did great and she had every right to put it on her album, i mean why wouldnt she !?

Comment

Great to see it at 400k ! Anyway many albums have that one big song carrying it so I dont see that as a big deal. I mean its a solo song that did great and she had every right to put it on her album, i mean why wouldnt she !?
                                      I totally agree. It fits the sound of the album, it was a huge hit and so many other artists have 1 or 2 songs that have killer streams that help an underperforming album. Ellie Goulding with LMLYD and Outside on Delerium for example.

Comment

I totally agree. It fits the sound of the album, it was a huge hit and so many other artists have 1 or 2 songs that have killer streams that help an underperforming album. Ellie Goulding with LMLYD and Outside on Delerium for example.
                                        Personally I think when NRO happened there genuinely was not a plan for an album. Then things changed due to the pandemic. All the songs were in the same release cycle, it was obvious she was going to include them once she decided to make an album!

Comment

• When Katy released NRO, she herself said in a BBC interview that she had no plans for an album, which proves that Never Really Over and the orphan singles she released later had nothing to do with Smile:

In addition, Never Really Over was released literally 15 months before Smile, which artist waits 15 months to release an album after a first single? Name one, I'll wait... As several people have said, she only included NRO (and Harleys) on the album to inflate its streams, after these songs accumulated streams for more than a year, which inflated the album's pre-SPS and consequently, its units. Without this maneuver, the performance of this album would have been even worse and this album would never hit gold, and even then it will still take time to reach that mark considering its current bad streams (897,193 streams on Spotify yesterday, precisely).

Comment

Such a brilliant song! I wonder can the album somehow go gold someday ;) Capitol need to certify Witness yet! And I mean loads of artists have put earlier songs onto albums released later very common in the streaming age!!
                                            Last edited by InFamous; Sat March 20, 2021, 05:14.

Comment

• According to Katy's Spotify bio SMILE has sold 1.25 Million adjusted albums with almost 2 billion streams to date!

She is currently 44th in the world with almost 35.5 million listeners

Comment

• Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
                                                Why is this topic still open
                                                I agree, this album disappeared from almost every chart in the world after 3/4 weeks, its last appearance on a chart was in Australia in the middle of October, it has been 5 months that this album and its singles are not on any chart and this topic remains open... Can anyone lock it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Divo97 View Post
                                                  According to Billboard, the album “Smile” sold 402,000 total units in United States.
                                                  Excellent to see it cross 400k in the US. The album has almost 2 billion streams and 1.25 million track adjusted sales!!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X