Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Katy Perry :: The "Smile" Era

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comment


    • Comment


      • Spotify Brazil

        #92. (NE) Cry About It Later - Katy Perry (feat. Luísa Sonza & Bruno Martini)


        The only country where this remix debuted.

        Comment


        • It wasn't on New Music Friday lists in many countries i guess (at least it wasn't in Turkey or UK), even if it was nobody cares. A very pointless release in my opinion.
          Cha Cha Instructor

          Comment


          • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            It wasn't on New Music Friday lists in many countries i guess (at least it wasn't in Turkey or UK), even if it was nobody cares. A very pointless release in my opinion.
            Katy didn't even mention it herself. It was just a cute remix for the Brazilian fans, not as if she was pushing a new single or something. It was actually the head of universal that organized the whole thing, Katy had nothing to do with it !
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

            Comment


            • Cry about it Later remix

              Youtube

              Lyric video - 538K
              Audio - 57K

              Cry About It Later
              iTunes:
              #3 Brazil
              #6 Chile
              #13 Mexico
              #75 Spain
              #95 Turkey
              #182 Italy
              #213 Netherlands
              #496 Switzerland
              #514 United Kingdom

              Apple Music:
              #41 Brazil
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

              Comment


              • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                It wasn't on New Music Friday lists in many countries i guess (at least it wasn't in Turkey or UK), even if it was nobody cares. A very pointless release in my opinion.
                Well, the song had a fixed banner on the home of all Spotify users accounts in Brazil and was promoted by Luisa, Bruno and Katy yesterday in the social media:



                And taking into account that Luisa is very popular in the country and comes from two hits #1 on Spotify Brasil, these numbers are terrible.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Million View Post

                  Well, the song had a fixed banner on the home of all Spotify users accounts in Brazil and was promoted by Luisa, Bruno and Katy yesterday in the social media:



                  And taking into account that Luisa is very popular in the country and comes from two hits #1 on Spotify Brasil, these numbers are terrible.
                  It’s just a remix, the original song debuted at number 58 in the country. You should worry about Gaga’s lack of success and leave this topic.

                  nympho

                  Comment


                  • Spotify Brazil: Chart Entries

                    #16. “Never Really Over”
                    #46. “Daisies”
                    #55. “Smile”
                    #58. ”Cry About It Later”
                    #69. “Small Talk”
                    #83. “Teary Eyes
                    #84. “Not The End of the World”
                    #92. “Cry About It Later (Remix)”
                    #101. “Harleys in Hawaii”
                    #123. “Champagne Problems”
                    #127. “Tucked”
                    #128. “Resilient”
                    #165. “Only Love”
                    #181. “What Makes A Woman”

                    Comment


                    • Katy had nothing to do with this remix except give her approval when it was done !

                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                      Pronouns: He / Him

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                        Katy had nothing to do with this remix except give her approval when it was done !

                        Yes, she revealed to Popline that Katy Perry took a while to reply to the email because she was on vacation

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                          Katy had nothing to do with this remix except give her approval when it was done !

                          Well, if Katy approved the release and promoted the song with the other artists then it has to do with her, it's her song, literally.

                          Last edited by Million; Sat April 24, 2021, 23:29.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Piethro View Post
                            It’s just a remix, the original song debuted at number 58 in the country. You should worry about Gaga’s lack of success and leave this topic.

                            nympho
                            Reported as off topic

                            Comment


                            • I’m sad people aren’t there for her new music. I love this album so much. I hope she’ll find a way to finally bounce back.

                              Comment


                              • Infractions issued to Million, which resulted in a 7 days ban, and to Piethro.

                                Move on, please.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
                                  I’m sad people aren’t there for her new music. I love this album so much. I hope she’ll find a way to finally bounce back.
                                  It’s nice that she keeps giving us these remixes though and I think she should put high on your supply on streaming as a gift for the fans.

                                  speaking of which do people know how it works with exclusive target bonus tracks? Do they pay the label to have the exclusive right to it for a certain amount of time after which it can be put onto streaming services or other physical editions that aren’t target exclusive?
                                  Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post

                                    It’s nice that she keeps giving us these remixes though and I think she should put high on your supply on streaming as a gift for the fans.

                                    speaking of which do people know how it works with exclusive target bonus tracks? Do they pay the label to have the exclusive right to it for a certain amount of time after which it can be put onto streaming services or other physical editions that aren’t target exclusive?
                                    Justin Bieber said something about this when Justice dropped. Some fans were complaining about the tracks on deluxes not being available on streaming and he said that certain places demand exclusive tracks on their editions - it is really to try and drive sales as pure sales are just dead these days and they bank on fans being dedicated enough to buy physical copies to get an extra track. To me it seems silly and pointless in the internet age, because everything leaks eventually once it is out there somewhere. Artists are as well to just put all the tracks on streaming services and get those plays!
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                    Comment


                                    • Time for a little "certification summary" on the SMILE era !

                                      Album -

                                      Smile
                                      Gold - Norway

                                      Singles -
                                      1. Never Really Over
                                      2*Platinum - Australia
                                      Platinum - Norway, Poland. US
                                      Gold - Canada, Italy, Portugal, UK

                                      2. Small Talk
                                      Gold - Australia

                                      3. Harleys in Hawaii
                                      Gold - Mexico

                                      4. Daisies
                                      Gold - Canada, Australia

                                      So the era has in total 5*platinum certs and 8* gold certs for the singles and a gold cert for the album.


                                      * Updated to include Never Really Over being certified Platinum in the US
                                      Last edited by InFamous; Tue April 27, 2021, 22:22.
                                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                      Pronouns: He / Him

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                        Time for a little "certification summary" on the SMILE era !

                                        Album -

                                        Smile
                                        Gold - Norway

                                        Singles -
                                        1. Never Really Over
                                        2*Platinum - Australia
                                        Platinum - Norway, Poland
                                        Gold - Canada, Italy, Portugal, UK, US

                                        2. Small Talk
                                        Gold - Australia

                                        3. Harleys in Hawaii
                                        Gold - Mexico

                                        4. Daisies
                                        Gold - Canada, Australia

                                        So the era has in total 4*platinum certs and 9* gold certs for the singles and a gold cert for the album.


                                        * If I have missed anything please let me know and I will update. Thanks

                                        Do we know total US sales for Never really over and Daisies? I am sure NRO would be platinum in the US & Daisies good as it was a top 40 with decent exposure.
                                        Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post


                                          Do we know total US sales for Never really over and Daisies? I am sure NRO would be platinum in the US & Daisies good as it was a top 40 with decent exposure.
                                          According to chartdata Daisies has been elegible for Gold in the US since Sept 1st.



                                          And Never Really over was around 1.5 million ages ago so could even be close to double platinum by now but definitely elegible for platinum.

                                          Found it - On Sept 5th last year it was already at 1.5 million



                                          But I based my update on actual certs I will wait for her record company to update !
                                          Last edited by InFamous; Sun April 25, 2021, 21:20.
                                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                          Pronouns: He / Him

                                          Comment


                                          • Cry about it Later remix

                                            Youtube -
                                            Lyric video 828k
                                            Audio 70k

                                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                            Pronouns: He / Him

                                            Comment


                                            • USA Certification:

                                              Never Really Over (Platinum) 1,000,000

                                              RIAA
                                              Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                                                USA Certification:

                                                Never Really Over (Platinum) 1,000,000

                                                RIAA
                                                YES ! Excellent NRO !!
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                                                  USA Certification:

                                                  Never Really Over (Platinum) 1,000,000

                                                  RIAA
                                                  Wasn't it eligible for 2x Platinum? Great song anyway, so deserved.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                                    Wasn't it eligible for 2x Platinum? Great song anyway, so deserved.
                                                    Those chartdata tweets from last September regarding NRO and Daisies were wrong, it seems.

                                                    Not the first time they post tweets with wrong info just based on what they read from fans accounts...

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X