• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Nas X :: The "7" Era

reserved for "7"

Comment

reserved for "Old Town Road" & other singles

Comment

I think Lil Nas X deserves a topic to post his chart updates here as well, especially considering how huge "Old Town Road" is.

He just dropped his debut EP "7" today.

7 - EP on iTunes
        #13 United States
        #26 Canada
        #113 Belgium
        #126 Australia
        #151 United Kingdom
        #242 Switzerland
        #403 France

Comment

Now we see if he is a one hit wonder or an artist
          Forever Young

Comment

USA

BB Dance Club Songs

Issue 06/29

#39 lw#34 Old town road

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

How many weeks does he have on billboard hot 100 as a number 1 thus far
                Forever Young

Comment

^11 weeks
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                    It's on ACR now, so nice that it's still in the Top10!

Comment

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=3...-AIMS-FOR-%231

Saturday, June 22, 20197

AIMS FOR #1

Based on early projections, Lil Nas X's debut project, 7 EP (Columbia), is in a horse-race with Billie Eilish for #1 on next week's chart.

Along with both versions of the viral smash "Old Town Road" included in the EP, Nas' "Panini" hit #1 on Spotify this morning, while two tracks entered the top five at Apple Music.

Adding to the possible #1 bow, 7 EP will have earned an RTD of over 500k (counting previously released singles) in activity in its opening week. Not too shabby.

Here's what the biggest debuts are headed for:

Lil Nas X (Columbia) ∼70k total activity, 4-7k album
                      The Raconteurs (Third Man) 33-43k, 32-40k
                      Gucci Mane (Atlantic) 27-30k, 1-2k

Comment

Laughable how someone can go to #1 with 4k pure sales thanks to streaming. Billboard is a joke.
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I wonder when people will stop the talk with pure sales. They are dead and consumption changed. Pls get used to it. How are these new big artists supposed to shift copies when their demographic doesn't even know what CDs are. Millions of people play their songs it's not like it is something artificial. I agree that the formula is much better in Germany or UK where big singles don't overly contribute to album sales but albums can be successful everywhere without selling many hard copies and will so in the future. Just because they don't sell on an old format anymore like digital or CDs doesn't mean they are less successful.
                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Laughable how someone can go to #1 with 4k pure sales thanks to streaming. Billboard is a joke.
                            They should counts only premium streams.

Comment

Originally posted by floria View Post
                              They should counts only premium streams.
                              They already have different ratios. Free streams are worth only a third of paid streams.
                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                They already have different ratios. Free streams are worth only a third of paid streams.
                                I know, but I think they should remove the "free" streams.
                                I agree with you, we are in 2019 streaming is the present and the future.

Comment

That is the way music is consumed nowadays though
                                  Forever Young

Comment

Literally all of these songs are a million times better. Someone has to kill the monster.
                                    Last edited by JeremySpears; Mon June 24, 2019, 17:49.

Comment

^ I disagree about all songs being better except for "Bad Guy", but everyone has their own tastes and that's good

I'm happy this is smashing. I'm not even loving it that much but there's something that makes it very likable. Four more weeks to go!

Comment

Literally all of these songs are a million times better. Someone has to kill the monster.
                                        In 10 years no one will remember the Taylor songs (I barely remember them now, other than SPELLING IS FUN!) , the Sheeran song or the Mendes song but this song will be one of those songs people remember forever because it was everywhere!

The fact this kid has blocked Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran and Justin Beiber to #1 is pretty amazing when you think of it.

Comment

In my opinion this is a Gangnam Style / The Fox / Harlem Shake situation. It’s just a meme that people love right now and that makes it look like it’s one of the most successful singles of all time. It will be just as forgotten as the others in a year from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                            ^ I disagree about all songs being better except for "Bad Guy", but everyone has their own tastes and that's good

I'm happy this is smashing. I'm not even loving it that much but there's something that makes it very likable. Four more weeks to go!
                                            Hate or love this song but it at least has tried to be different
                                            Forever Young

Comment

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=316951

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

TOP 20: TOO CLOSE TO CALL

Driven by a large ticket bundle and strong indie sales, The Raconteurs have dramatically entered the race for #1. The Jack White-fronted act is battling the debut EP from Lil Nas X.

1. *The Raconteurs (Third Man) 70-80k total activity. 68-78k album
                                              2. *Lil Nas X (Columbia) 70-80k, 3-4k
                                              3. Billie Eilish (Darkroom/Interscope) 55-60k, 11-13k
                                              4. Jonas Brothers (Republic) 40-45k, 11-13k
                                              5. Khalid (Right Hand Music/RCA) 30-35k, 2-4k
                                              6. *Gucci Mane (Atlantic) 30-35k, 1-2k
                                              7. Lizzo (Atlantic) 25-28k, 2-4k
                                              8. DaBaby (Interscope) 24-27k, <1k
                                              9. Ariana Grande (Republic) 24-27k, 1-3k
                                              10. Drake (YMCMB/Republic) 21-24k, <1k

*DEBUTS

Comment

out might debut number 2 and to think he was considered comp for madge

also where is madge
                                                Forever Young

Comment

New Zealand Charts

1 (1) 14 Old Town Road <2xP>
                                                  22 (NEW) 1 Panini

6 (NEW) 1 7

Slightly surprised he hasn't more entries, especially "Rodeo"

Comment

Working...
                                                  X