No announcement yet.

Lil Nas X :: The "7" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

7/6/19 Billboard 200:

The Raconteurs Land First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Help Us Stranger'
        by Keith Caulfield 6/30/2019

Plus: Lil Nas X & Gucci Mane debut in top 10.

At No. 2 on the new Billboard 200, Lil Nas X arrives with his debut effort, 7. The eight-track effort boasts his phenomenally successful single “Old Town Road,” both in its original form and its Billy Ray Cyrus-assisted remix version.

7 starts with 77,000 equivalent album units earned, of which 4,000 were in album sales (all from digital downloads, as the set was not available in any physical format).

The release was driven largely by streaming activity, having collected 8,000 in TEA units and a sizable 66,000 SEA units. The latter sum equates to 90.4 million on-demand audio streams of its songs during the tracking frame, which makes the effort the most-streamed album of the week.

“Old Town Road” has spent the last 12 weeks at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard Hot 100 chart (as of the most recently published list, dated June 29). It’s just the 20th single to spend at least 12 weeks at No. 1 since the chart launched in 1958.

Comment

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317023

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

YOUR TOP 20 FIRECRACKERS

1. *Chris Brown (RCA) 110-120k total activity, 35-40k album
          2. *The Black Keys (Nonesuch) 50-55k, 40-45k
          3. Billie Eilish (Darkroom/Interscope) 50-55k, 11-13k
          4. Lil Nas X (Columbia) 50-55k, 1-2k
          5. Lizzo (Atlantic) 35-40k, 4-6k
          6. *J Balvin & Bad Bunny (Universal Music Latino) 30-35k, 4-6k
          7. Khalid (Right Hand Music/RCA) 30-35k, 4-6k
          8. Jonas Brothers (Republic) 30-35k, 7-10k
          9. *Mustard (10 Summers/Interscope) 28-32k, 1-2k
          10. DaBaby (Interscope) 24-27k, <1k

*DEBUTS

Comment

Comment

Great second week for the EP overall, though I have to admit I'm disappointed in the pure sales of "7"...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                  Great second week for the EP overall, though I have to admit I'm disappointed in the pure sales of "7"...
                  I mean, it's just digital downloads from iTunes and the such. There's no physical release(and I doubt they'll do one for an EP). Whenever he releases his debut album, that'll probably get physical copies.

Comment

Comment

7/13/19 Billboard 200

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...oard-200-chart

Chris Brown Earns Third No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Indigo'
                      7/8/2019 by Keith Caulfield

At No. 2 on the new Billboard 200, Lil Nas X’s 7 holds steady in the runner-up slot for a second week, as the set earned 62,000 equivalent album units (down 20%). Of that sum, it sold 2,000 copies (down 52%). The album is driven mostly by streaming activity, led by its ubiquitous smash single “Old Town Road.”

Comment

Comment

What will dethrone this song off #1? Nobody did it. Taylor, Ed, Justin, Post Malone, Billie, Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello

Comment

He did 1.9x more than the #2 streaming wise so it ain’t going anywhere yet.

Comment

Comment

so this will definitely break the record for longest #1. the song still had 600+ points in the predictions, double the amount of the second place.

I'm fine with that tbh, I think it's deserved.
                                Last edited by Artsy; Tue July 9th, 2019, 12:42.
                                Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

Nah, I don't think it's deserved but to each their own. This song doesn't seem to be as big as the charts show. It's just a viral fad, unfortunately it'll break record in a couple of weeks.

Comment

USA

BB Dance Club Songs

Issue 07/20

#42 lw#35 Old town road

Comment

Calling it a viral fad when it's No.1 for 15 weeks. Sure And I don't think his pure sales are surprising it is digital only and he has a fan base/listeners full of people who are too young to care about CDs or don't buy them anymore/never have. Pure copies is a thing a the past and is only still important for older acts with a different fan base and for soundtracks which also appeal to the older GP
                                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by jpguy View Post
                                        Nah, I don't think it's deserved but to each their own. This song doesn't seem to be as big as the charts show. It's just a viral fad, unfortunately it'll break record in a couple of weeks.
                                        Where do you live?
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

the record was going to be broken sometime though record sales in general are down sharply for example Carrie Underwood's debut album some hearts is the bet selling in the history of American Idol 8x platinum in US and 9 million copies Worldwide while her 2015 album Storyteller sold 750 K in the US and 1 million worldwide while Taylor Swift's Best seller is 2008's Fearless shipping 10 million in the US and 12 million worldwide while for example her lowest seller is 2017's Reputation 3 million in the US and 4.5 million worldwide mind you Taylor's sold 43+ million albums worldwide while Carrie's sold about 20 million albums worldwide
                                          "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

Originally posted by marcsgirl85 View Post
                                            the record was going to be broken sometime though record sales in general are down sharply for example Carrie Underwood's debut album some hearts is the bet selling in the history of American Idol 8x platinum in US and 9 million copies Worldwide while her 2015 album Storyteller sold 750 K in the US and 1 million worldwide while Taylor Swift's Best seller is 2008's Fearless shipping 10 million in the US and 12 million worldwide while for example her lowest seller is 2017's Reputation 3 million in the US and 4.5 million worldwide mind you Taylor's sold 43+ million albums worldwide while Carrie's sold about 20 million albums worldwide
                                            Seriously, what does all that have to do with this song???

I’ve noticed you usually post chart info that, while interesting, it’s always really really off topic.

Comment

[MENTION=19930]nympho[/MENTION] Is Old Time Road so really not popular in Spain?
                                              When I look at the charts peaks #62 peak just snap in my eyes.
                                              I know there are two versions, but I don't think there will be a dramatic difference if they were combined.

Comment

Originally posted by floria View Post
                                                @nympho Is Old Time Road so really not popular in Spain?
                                                When I look at the charts peaks #62 peak just snap in my eyes.
                                                I know there are two versions, but I don't think there will be a dramatic difference if they were combined.
                                                Yep... So far, pretty much a non event. Not viral at all.

Although today (!!!) it’s a candidate to enter Los 40 Principales chart, so it’ll start receiving more airplay from now on.

But regarding charts... This week there are only 10 songs in English in our Top 100, so it’s more difficult for English songs to peak high.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                    oh he missed out on the number 1 spot
                                                    Forever Young

Comment

Mariah sweetie..

Comment

OSD never had a remix that late into its run. so that's that on that.
                                                        My Chart

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                            OSD never had a remix that late into its run. so that's that on that.
                                                            No offence intended, but that’s absolute rubbish as an excuse. This song is annihilating the competition with or without that Young Thug remix. One Sweet Day only had radio and physical to conquer, so that’s that? You can’t compare the circumstance, only the achievements.
                                                            If I should die this very day

Comment

Originally posted by VoReason View Post
                                                              No offence intended, but that’s absolute rubbish as an excuse. This song is annihilating the competition with or without that Young Thug remix. One Sweet Day only had radio and physical to conquer, so that’s that? You can’t compare the circumstance, only the achievements.
                                                              That is not true, we have seen it many times over the past few years how already popular songs get last minute remixes. Even Mariah did that because it has become the norm today, but wasn't in the past. OSD had a physical single with all the remixes (an acapella version of the song) on it.... and that's all that the song has received. OTR already had a remix and now has a new one which gets a lot of traction. Billie Eilish would have surpassed OTR - I am convinced of it looking at the statistics - after OTR had spent its 16th week at #1. Now, OTR is once again ahead on streaming BECAUSE of this remix. That's a fact.
                                                              My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                              X