8. Jonas Brothers (Republic) 30-35k, 7-10k
    9. *Mustard (10 Summers/Interscope) 28-32k, 1-2k
    10. DaBaby (Interscope) 24-27k, <1k

*DEBUTS

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    7/6/19 Billboard 200:

The Raconteurs Land First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Help Us Stranger'
    by Keith Caulfield 6/30/2019

Plus: Lil Nas X & Gucci Mane debut in top 10.

At No. 2 on the new Billboard 200, Lil Nas X arrives with his debut effort, 7. The eight-track effort boasts his phenomenally successful single “Old Town Road,” both in its original form and its Billy Ray Cyrus-assisted remix version.

7 starts with 77,000 equivalent album units earned, of which 4,000 were in album sales (all from digital downloads, as the set was not available in any physical format).

The release was driven largely by streaming activity, having collected 8,000 in TEA units and a sizable 66,000 SEA units. The latter sum equates to 90.4 million on-demand audio streams of its songs during the tracking frame, which makes the effort the most-streamed album of the week.

“Old Town Road” has spent the last 12 weeks at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard Hot 100 chart (as of the most recently published list, dated June 29). It’s just the 20th single to spend at least 12 weeks at No. 1 since the chart launched in 1958.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Loveguru
    replied
    solid start with panini

Leave a comment:

• Mugen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    USA

BB Dance Club Songs

Issue 07/13

#35 lw#34 Old town road

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    USA

BB Dance Club Songs

Issue 07/06

#34 lw#39 Old town road

Leave a comment:

• Loveguru
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
    In my opinion this is a Gangnam Style / The Fox / Harlem Shake situation. It’s just a meme that people love right now and that makes it look like it’s one of the most successful singles of all time. It will be just as forgotten as the others in a year from now.
    This has a bit of a melody though

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    New Zealand Charts

1 (1) 14 Old Town Road <2xP>
    22 (NEW) 1 Panini

6 (NEW) 1 7

Slightly surprised he hasn't more entries, especially "Rodeo"

Leave a comment:

• Loveguru
    replied
    out might debut number 2 and to think he was considered comp for madge

also where is madge

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=316951

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

TOP 20: TOO CLOSE TO CALL

Driven by a large ticket bundle and strong indie sales, The Raconteurs have dramatically entered the race for #1. The Jack White-fronted act is battling the debut EP from Lil Nas X.

1. *The Raconteurs (Third Man) 70-80k total activity. 68-78k album
    2. *Lil Nas X (Columbia) 70-80k, 3-4k
    3. Billie Eilish (Darkroom/Interscope) 55-60k, 11-13k
    4. Jonas Brothers (Republic) 40-45k, 11-13k
    5. Khalid (Right Hand Music/RCA) 30-35k, 2-4k
    6. *Gucci Mane (Atlantic) 30-35k, 1-2k
    7. Lizzo (Atlantic) 25-28k, 2-4k
    8. DaBaby (Interscope) 24-27k, <1k
    9. Ariana Grande (Republic) 24-27k, 1-3k
    10. Drake (YMCMB/Republic) 21-24k, <1k

*DEBUTS

Leave a comment:

• Loveguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    ^ I disagree about all songs being better except for "Bad Guy", but everyone has their own tastes and that's good

I'm happy this is smashing. I'm not even loving it that much but there's something that makes it very likable. Four more weeks to go!
    Hate or love this song but it at least has tried to be different

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    In my opinion this is a Gangnam Style / The Fox / Harlem Shake situation. Itís just a meme that people love right now and that makes it look like itís one of the most successful singles of all time. It will be just as forgotten as the others in a year from now.

Leave a comment:

• Ewokguy15
    replied

Literally all of these songs are a million times better. Someone has to kill the monster.
    In 10 years no one will remember the Taylor songs (I barely remember them now, other than SPELLING IS FUN!) , the Sheeran song or the Mendes song but this song will be one of those songs people remember forever because it was everywhere!

The fact this kid has blocked Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran and Justin Beiber to #1 is pretty amazing when you think of it.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    ^ I disagree about all songs being better except for "Bad Guy", but everyone has their own tastes and that's good

I'm happy this is smashing. I'm not even loving it that much but there's something that makes it very likable. Four more weeks to go!

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Literally all of these songs are a million times better. Someone has to kill the monster.
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Mon June 24, 2019, 17:49.

Leave a comment:

• Loveguru
    replied
    Laughable how someone can go to #1 with 4k pure sales thanks to streaming. Billboard is a joke.
    That is the way music is consumed nowadays though

Leave a comment:

• floria
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    They already have different ratios. Free streams are worth only a third of paid streams.
    I know, but I think they should remove the "free" streams.
    I agree with you, we are in 2019 streaming is the present and the future.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by floria View Post
    They should counts only premium streams.
    They already have different ratios. Free streams are worth only a third of paid streams.

Leave a comment:

• floria
    replied
    Laughable how someone can go to #1 with 4k pure sales thanks to streaming. Billboard is a joke.
    They should counts only premium streams.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    I wonder when people will stop the talk with pure sales. They are dead and consumption changed. Pls get used to it. How are these new big artists supposed to shift copies when their demographic doesn't even know what CDs are. Millions of people play their songs it's not like it is something artificial. I agree that the formula is much better in Germany or UK where big singles don't overly contribute to album sales but albums can be successful everywhere without selling many hard copies and will so in the future. Just because they don't sell on an old format anymore like digital or CDs doesn't mean they are less successful.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=3...-AIMS-FOR-%231

Saturday, June 22, 20197

AIMS FOR #1

Based on early projections, Lil Nas X's debut project, 7 EP (Columbia), is in a horse-race with Billie Eilish for #1 on next week's chart.

Along with both versions of the viral smash "Old Town Road" included in the EP, Nas' "Panini" hit #1 on Spotify this morning, while two tracks entered the top five at Apple Music.

Adding to the possible #1 bow, 7 EP will have earned an RTD of over 500k (counting previously released singles) in activity in its opening week. Not too shabby.

Here's what the biggest debuts are headed for:

Lil Nas X (Columbia) ∼70k total activity, 4-7k album
    The Raconteurs (Third Man) 33-43k, 32-40k
    Gucci Mane (Atlantic) 27-30k, 1-2k

Leave a comment:

Working...
X