Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyoncé :: "The Lion King: The Gift" era

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

    Comment


    • "Brown Skin Girl" is finally top 50 on Urban AC.

      Comment


      • Netherlands

        13 (13) 05 The Gift

        92 (81) 05 Spirit

        Comment


        • U.S. Billboard 200

          124 (79) 05 The Gift

          Comment


          • ...........

            Comment


            • DOA

              B really paid this dust.
              Rest In Peace Lilly!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                DOA

                B really paid this dust.
                One of the song is featured in a 1,5B grossing movie, it's the biggest promo it could have

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
                  One of the song is featured in a 1,5B grossing movie, it's the biggest promo it could have
                  That's the thing. "Sprite" was supposed to be a part of the soundtrack (and unfortunately it's not a good song), while this album is actually a different thing - I think people expect this album to be full of soundtrack-sounding songs while in reality it's full of bops and they're being overlooked, she should've picked another lead single for this one.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
                    One of the song is featured in a 1,5B grossing movie, it's the biggest promo it could have
                    That's the thing. "Sprite" was supposed to be a part of the soundtrack (and unfortunately it's not a good song), while this album is actually a different thing - I think people expect this album to be full of soundtrack-sounding songs while in reality it's full of bops and they're being overlooked, she should've picked another lead single for this one.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
                      One of the song is featured in a 1,5B grossing movie, it's the biggest promo it could have
                      Actual promo is the biggest promo it could have. A snippet of a cheesy ballad in the background of a family film wouldn't really drive sales.
                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                        Actual promo is the biggest promo it could have. A snippet of a cheesy ballad in the background of a family film wouldn't really drive sales.
                        What's actual promo? Because promo on TV has no impact in streaming era.

                        Comment


                        • ^Not choosing "Sprite" as the lead single and push the song on the radio & Spotify.

                          She had the nerve to send a cheesy Pop ballad to Urban radio which is very Hip-Hop oriented these days instead of Pop and HAC. I just, don't know what to think anymore.

                          Comment


                          • Aren't the ones pushing the 1,5billion grossing movie narrative also the ones who say people never went to the cinema because of her and she isn't even heard in most countries (including the song) so what's the truth?

                            That said, Spirit had more than enough exposure to take off but it isn't the right material in 2019 to be successful and their rollout of the whole "era" was just bad. They went for one of the few songs on The Gift wich was likely to flop and then didn't even use the material on there.
                            Last edited by BeeBoy; Tue August 27th, 2019, 22:33.
                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                            Comment


                            • [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet’s updates were the most iconik thing about this era.
                              Originally posted by beredy
                              When people see your post this is what they see:

                              GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                              Comment


                              • I can't believe that she didn't even bother with the visuals. Family home videos, really?

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                  What's actual promo? Because promo on TV has no impact in streaming era.
                                  A music video or radio deal for a song that could be a hit in this day and age, social media ads, even a physical release would have made people more aware.
                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

                                  Comment


                                  • This was a success in the hives hearts
                                    COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

                                    Comment


                                    • It's still toppin my personal chart What is a Billboard?
                                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                      Comment


                                      • MediaTraffic

                                        The Lion King: The Gift' by Beyoncé 14,000 / 160,000 in total WW
                                        Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                        Comment


                                        • Netherlands

                                          16 (13) 06 The Gift

                                          Comment


                                          • 160K SPS units worldwide is a very small amount for a Beyoncé release, this will have a hard time reaching 500K units worldwide.

                                            Beyoncé needs to step her game up for her next album, she passed from being the only girl from her generation that had never flopped with an album before to pull the biggest flop out of all of her main female peers.

                                            I checked all of the LP albums (all kind, studio albums, soundtracks, compilations, greatest hits, side releases, etc) that were promoted with at least 1 single from each of her main peers: P!nk, Britney, J.Lo and Xtina . . . . And Beyonc'e "The Gift" is literally the ultimate lowest performer (so far).
                                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                            Comment


                                            • MediaTraffic only estimates for Homecoming 388k worldwide while the US album is already over 300k. In the case of The Gift, sales that may have more make no difference, but this site is not fair to her sales anyway.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                160K SPS units worldwide is a very small amount for a Beyoncé release, this will have a hard time reaching 500K units worldwide.

                                                Beyoncé needs to step her game up for her next album, she passed from being the only girl from her generation that had never flopped with an album before to pull the biggest flop out of all of her main female peers.

                                                I checked all of the LP albums (all kind, studio albums, soundtracks, compilations, greatest hits, side releases, etc) that were promoted with at least 1 single from each of her main peers: P!nk, Britney, J.Lo and Xtina . . . . And Beyonc'e "The Gift" is literally the ultimate lowest performer (so far).
                                                The thing is, it isn't HER album. It was never marketed as *HER* album. It was pushed as some offshoot of the Lion King curated by Beyoncé. Most people don't even know what the word curated means. The lack of actual specific promotion for what the album was is the downfall. It really isn't the same as saying 'Oh Beyoncé's solo album flopped' which is what you are trying to do by comparing her to her peers who 'only had one single'. It is a completely different thing and you know it.
                                                "What goes around comes back around my baby"

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
                                                  The thing is, it isn't HER album. It was never marketed as *HER* album. It was pushed as some offshoot of the Lion King curated by Beyoncé. Most people don't even know what the word curated means. The lack of actual specific promotion for what the album was is the downfall. It really isn't the same as saying 'Oh Beyoncé's solo album flopped' which is what you are trying to do by comparing her to her peers who 'only had one single'. It is a completely different thing and you know it.
                                                  Black Panther being curated by Kendrick certainly floated on his name alone. Maybe, just maybe, people need to realize her name doesn't bring instant huge success. The Carters and now this point to mainstream becoming indifferent to what she does.
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                                  .

                                                  Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                                  Comment


                                                  • When the Black Panther soundtrack was released Pray For Me and All The Stars were in the top 50 of the radios (18 and 48, respectively); other song had already been released and most of the album's feats are from well-known artists.

                                                    It's not like The Gift, which had no promo, no movie trailer contained any song on the album. The songs had no airplay. And most of the appearances are from unknown artists.

                                                    So no, it's very different situations.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Brown Skin Girl is the most added song Urban AC format with 12 adds.
                                                      Cha Cha Instructor

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                        160K SPS units worldwide is a very small amount for a Beyoncé release, this will have a hard time reaching 500K units worldwide.

                                                        Beyoncé needs to step her game up for her next album, she passed from being the only girl from her generation that had never flopped with an album before to pull the biggest flop out of all of her main female peers.

                                                        I checked all of the LP albums (all kind, studio albums, soundtracks, compilations, greatest hits, side releases, etc) that were promoted with at least 1 single from each of her main peers: P!nk, Britney, J.Lo and Xtina . . . . And Beyonc'e "The Gift" is literally the ultimate lowest performer (so far).
                                                        At the same time, her Homecoming release got an Urban hit and actually general moderate hit, off a song which wasn't even pushed as a single and was a bonus track (I think).

                                                        And Lemonade release to Spotify garnered massive streams. This album just flew over the radar because of its terrible release and lack of an actual single (Spirit was mostly a single for TLK soundtrack I guess, for her to get the Oscar).
                                                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by Hayes View Post
                                                          When the Black Panther soundtrack was released Pray For Me and All The Stars were in the top 50 of the radios (18 and 48, respectively); other song had already been released and most of the album's feats are from well-known artists.

                                                          It's not like The Gift, which had no promo, no movie trailer contained any song on the album. The songs had no airplay. And most of the appearances are from unknown artists.

                                                          So no, it's very different situations.

                                                          EXACTLY.

                                                          Also, I've said it before. The Black Panther was a cultural movement for Black people in general. The Lion King is a kids movie about Lions. It doesn't have the same pull for Africa or even Black People in general (even though they tried it with a black cast).

                                                          these aren't excuses by the way they are reasons it differs from the comparisons others have made
                                                          "What goes around comes back around my baby"

                                                          Comment


                                                          • what's the US total so far

                                                            Comment


                                                            • ABC will air 'Beyoncé Presents: Making The Gift.' 10 PM on Monday, September 16th!

                                                              Some promo at least!
                                                              BEYONCE 120.000.000 Records Worldwide

                                                              Beyoncé is Billboard Female Artist of the Decade!

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X