• Show
Clear All

• Swiss Charts

38 (NEW) 1 We're Good
    46 (47) 16 Fever
    65 (70) 20 Levitating

9 (56) 42 Future Nostalgia

Comment

• Now imagine the effect of the Moonlight-Edition would it be the quality that is the standard, combined with a smash single leading it It would probably be #1 everywhere.
      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
        Now imagine the effect of the Moonlight-Edition would it be the quality that is the standard, combined with a smash single leading it It would probably be #1 everywhere.
        WG is a smash single. You and the GP just don't know it yet.
        BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
        98 - OUT

Comment

• France :

#1 (+1) Fever
          #37 (-5) Levitating
          #95 (NE) We're Good
          #155 (+15) Physical
          #174 (-1) Don't Start Now

#9 (+5) Future Nostalgia total: 124,300 units

Comment

• still top 4 in UK mids this week. Have some chances to score #2 I think!
            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
              still top 4 in UK mids this week. Have some chances to score #2 I think!
              and...

#18 Prisoner
              #29 We're Good
              #34 Levitating
              #91 Don't Start Now

Comment

• Comment

• Spain :

#52 (+3) One Day
                  #54 (NE) We're Good
                  #74 (+1) Prisoner
                  #88 (+4) Physical
                  #91 (RE) Don't Start Now

#1 (+8) Future Nostalgia *new peak*

Comment

• US Dance Chart:

21 NEW 1 That Kind Of Woman (Jacques Lu Cont Remix) - Dua Lipa + The Blessed Madonna ( 21 ) Warner

KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Canada :

#4 (=) Levitating
                      #29 (NE) We're Good

#3 (+4) Future Nostalgia

Comment

• Future Nostalgia to remain #7 on BB220 according to HDD prediction.

HITS Daily Double : Rumor Mill - TOP 20: LIKE A PLAYLIST OF NUMBERS

Comment

• Future Nostalgia should be certified Platinum in UK this Friday, it currently has 296,3k units and it should do 4-5k this week.

Comment

• Great re-release effect, especially in Spain and Canada !
                            You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
                            I should walk away.
                            Oh, I should walk away.
                            But I think I'll stay.
                            (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Originally posted by PopFan View Post
                              Future Nostalgia should be certified Platinum in UK this Friday, it currently has 296,3k units and it should do 4-5k this week.
                              Incredible to think it will only reach that level after nearly a year and a re-release. A huge era in the UK yet it will probably never reach 2x Plat because of a flawed system...
                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Incredible to think it will only reach that level after nearly a year and a re-release. A huge era in the UK yet it will probably never reach 2x Plat because of a flawed system...
                                Which 'flawed system'? It had the bad luck to get released in the middle of a pandemic. Its chart run is great and that's what matters.
                                You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
                                I should walk away.
                                Oh, I should walk away.
                                But I think I'll stay.
                                (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Getting released during the pandemic had zero negative effect on Duas sales what so ever.
                                  Last edited by InFamous; Yesterday, 20:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Which 'flawed system'? It had the bad luck to get released in the middle of a pandemic. Its chart run is great and that's what matters.
                                    LOL it's not the pandemic. it's dying physical sales and their ratio from streaming to album units is off so the market shrank dramatically to the point its a fraction of what it used to be. They need to adjust. Removing high streams of individual singles is great but fewer album streams already need to be a unit sold. Had this been released in early 10s this would already closing in on 3x Plat. You can't have your market change like this in such a short period without noticing something is off.
                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

It will reach 2x Plat by spending a million weeks on chart like DL1 did
                                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• I agree with BeeBoy. The difference in success between an album selling 100,000 (Gold) and another album selling 295,000 (still Gold) is much bigger than it used to be, and this difference should be reflected better in certifications and chart sales.

Definitely not an issue limited to the pandemic either. For example, we all know how massive Ariana Grande was with thank u next in 2019 before the pandemic. It was the 7th best selling album in the UK in 2019 but was only Gold with 293,000 chart sales. Same problem with Future Nostalgia.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt9210 View Post
                                          I agree with BeeBoy. The difference in success between an album selling 100,000 (Gold) and another album selling 295,000 (still Gold) is much bigger than it used to be, and this difference should be reflected better in certifications and chart sales.

Definitely not an issue limited to the pandemic either. For example, we all know how massive Ariana Grande was with thank u next in 2019 before the pandemic. It was the 7th best selling album in the UK in 2019 but was only Gold with 293,000 chart sales. Same problem with Future Nostalgia.
                                          They need to drop platinum to 200k.

Comment

• ^
                                            I agree.

But they probably won’t... One of the few countries along with US to maintain their certification levels for singles and albums for decades despite the market changes.

It’s the opposite situation for singles, though. And people don’t complain.
                                            Some years ago there were only a bunch of million sellers in UK. Songs that were really massive hits. Now, there are literally hundreds of million ““sellers””. Songs with an average chart run end up with a higher certification than songs that stayed weeks and weeks at #1 back then.

So just like an album that could have been 3xPlatinum
                                            some years ago it’s barely Platinum in UK now, a single that would have been just Gold some years ago can reach 2xPlatinum now...

And that’s why comparing different decades/ different market periods’ songs and albums it’s always a tricky tactic...

Either the certification level or the streaming ratio should be adjusted for both singles and albums.

Comment

• Yeah it's kinda tricky for singles, since sales basically are the same or a little lower than what they used to be per week but they are "selling" units longer since people ofc still listen to track xy when back in the day you hit the peak of people who want to buy your song and then only a few more sales came in over time. But I feel like the diffeence between iTunes hey-day and today isn't so big. Ofc pre 2007 hits are being inhaled though
                                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Working...
                                              X