• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy
    Gospel?
    i hope its some very commercial r'n'b/pop
    Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black

Comment

• "I Look To You" sounds promissing, quite simple but no-fringes i think it will be urban/pop/dance album in the same direction as "Just Whitney..." and "My Love Is Your Love", i mean take the best from the both the albums : 2 = great comeback record

Comment

• For those who are not familiar with "I Look to You", it's a song that R.Kelly wrote for Whitney. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32pKUftFBu8

This album will be classic Whitney! i'm so happy because by choosing this song as the album title, it shows that Whitney isn't going into the horrible direction that Mariah is taking in order to compete with Lady Gaga or whoever. Whitney is a legend and she's returning as the greatest singer of all-time, nothing less.

Btw I just saw Mariah's album cover, and the album title should have been "Slutty, Sluttier and Sluttiest".

Comment

• Not a fan of the title, but whateva, hopefully this will go at least Platinum in the US and 2M+ worldwide
          Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

• Doesn anyone know how much her tours have grossed. I know she was a huge concert seller.
            Diva!!!

Comment

• Whitney Houston Tour Grosses:

The Greatest Love World Tour: $20,000,000
              Moment Of Truth World Tour: $40,000,000
              I'm Your Baby Tonight World Tour: $40,000,000
              Whitney Houston World Tour: $75,000,000
              My Love Is Your Love World Tour: $65,000,000

= $240,000,000
              Thats from what I found with sources. Her first two could both be bigger than I've stated - I only went on what the press said, and my own estimations. For what its worth, she isn't that big with her tours. Cher, Tina Turner, Britney Spears, Madonna & of course Celine Dion have all made more money "on the road" than Whitney

Comment

• Here you go again starting stuff. She still performaed many concerts that sold out and she set records on her tours. back when Whitney was touring, tours grossed less. Thats why Michael;s tours werent in the 300 million area like Madonna. We all know he could have out grossed anyone which he did at the time. Her first two tours sold out mostly and both had tons of shows. I did not mention any of those other females names so what was the point of bringing them up.
                Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                  Here you go again starting stuff. She still performaed many concerts that sold out and she set records on her tours. back when Whitney was touring, tours grossed less. Thats why Michael;s tours werent in the 300 million area like Madonna. We all know he could have out grossed anyone which he did at the time. Her first two tours sold out mostly and both had tons of shows. I did not mention any of those other females names so what was the point of bringing them up.
                  WTF? I am seriously considering reporting you to the moderators. Your behaviour is so trollish sometimes. I merely put MY estimations into a context so that they could weigh up how successful her tours were. Next time, I'll be more inclined to post my estimations elsewhere. The source of the arguments stems from those like you that create one out of nowhere

Comment

• You bring up other artist which you should know by now not to mention others to make someones success look like their achievments are nothing. Every time I complement Whitney, you have something to say to make her fans retaliate.
                    Diva!!!

Comment

• This was your statement:

Originally posted by TIfan
                      Doesn anyone know how much her tours have grossed. I know she was a huge concert seller
                      Whitney's concert totals gross isn't 'huge' - not for someone who toured as often as she did. But thats because her average ticket prices were always well below the top tier - she treated her fans well. I gave you the reason why Whitney's concert total gross isn't huge, contextually

Comment

• Its not about her gross, IDC about that, it was the fact that you had to bring others in the conversation... an yes she gave her fans a show, Beyonce is the same way (not charging much but performing better than most).
                        Diva!!!

Comment

Its not about her gross, IDC about that, it was the fact that you had to bring others in the conversation... an yes she gave her fans a show, Beyonce is the same way (not charging much but performing better than most).
                          Thats your problem. Learn to deal with it. I've not once taken anything away from Whitney, I've just said that comparatively, there are bigger earners

Comment

• You need to learn that others might be get mad and a huge arguement will start because your comparing Whitney to others for no reasons. I simply asked how much has Whitney tours grossed (which I thank you for giving me), but then you named other females for no reason at all. I didn't ask is she one of the top grossing females, Ive asked how much did Whitney gross. I didnt care that you said she wasn't a huge grossing tour artist. Its the fact that you named other artist for nothing which some will be mad about.
                            Diva!!!

Comment

• It was your decision to include the word 'huge' which simply isn't true. Thats why I included some comparisons

Comment

• When I said huge, I said specifically she was a huge seller meaning she sold out tons of shows. I said nothing about her gross.
                                Diva!!!

Comment

Doesn anyone know how much her tours have grossed. I know she was a huge concert seller.
                                  At the end of the day, I provided you with some figures. Choose whether you want to believe them or not. I won't be providing you with anything else in the future.

Back to topic - Whitney is God!

Comment

• First I said thank you for the firgures and I never said I did not believe them. I was talking about the comparison you did which I thought was for o reason and it would end up just like it is now, an argument.
                                    Diva!!!

Comment

• I give up! You've done your job well

Comment

• Does anyone have her single sales for Europe (I know UK is like 7million)
                                        Diva!!!

Comment

• I think it would be a great Idea if she did a tour with Prince or Celine.
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

I think it would be a great Idea if she did a tour with Prince or Celine.
                                            Celine lipsynchs all the time, and her voice sounds nasal, please no. Prince? He's really irrelevant today. Whitney's comeback will be huge, Prince has tried many times but failed. It's too different things, Whitney has been relevant way past the 80's, Prince is more of a 80's act... As for touring Whitney was in the 80's one of the biggest touring females, probably only after Madonna, if you adjust those numbers with inflation, they'd be huge... I think they are wrong anyway, they were bigger than that... Comparing her with Celine or whoever who's tours were recent and when ticket prices & money value is much bigger is pointless. In 10 years, when you look at Celine's tour grossing they will look very small because of inflation, etc. That's what happens with box office movie grosses, the new ones always have the advantage... In the past, a movie surpassing 100 million was HUGE. Today you have movies grossing 100 million dollars on opening weekends... so it's really pointless to compare things like that...

Comment

• Originally posted by user_3939
                                              Originally posted by TIfan
                                              I think it would be a great Idea if she did a tour with Prince or Celine.
                                              Celine lipsynchs all the time, and her voice sounds nasal, please no. Prince? He's really irrelevant today. Whitney's comeback will be huge, Prince has tried many times but failed. It's too different things, Whitney has been relevant way past the 80's, Prince is more of a 80's act... As for touring Whitney was in the 80's one of the biggest touring females, probably only after Madonna, if you adjust those numbers with inflation, they'd be huge... I think they are wrong anyway, they were bigger than that... Comparing her with Celine or whoever who's tours were recent and when ticket prices & money value is much bigger is pointless. In 10 years, when you look at Celine's tour grossing they will look very small because of inflation, etc. That's what happens with box office movie grosses, the new ones always have the advantage... In the past, a movie surpassing 100 million was HUGE. Today you have movies grossing 100 million dollars on opening weekends... so it's really pointless to compare things like that...
                                              I think the point is that Celine is, along with Madonna, the biggest female concert draw in the world, with nearly 2.5m tickets sold. Touring with her would do something for Whitney's career. And Celine nasally/lipsynch? Funny

Comment

You bring up other artist which you should know by now not to mention others to make someones success look like their achievments are nothing. Every time I complement Whitney, you have something to say to make her fans retaliate.
                                                I AGREE
                                                and my heart just melts
                                                Ice Cream Truck

Comment

• Whitney can sell out a show, she doesn't need Celine I just thought it would be good if they did a show together. But her and Prince in one show would be the best tour ever.
                                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• I never really liked Prince... I find his songs to have no melody... Although I love the song he wrote for Celine called "With this Tear"... But overall I don't like Prince's music or his voice...

I don't know if Whitney & Celine will ever sing together, it's hard to imagine that they won't, but Aretha & Barbra never sang together, Janet & Madonna never sang together, etc. So just because it's logical that they should sing together, it's not a garantee... We'll see...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X