Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spice Girls :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spice Girls :: Charts & Sales History

    AUSTRALIA

    SINGLES

    Spice Girls - SPICE UP YOUR LIFE
    Charted: 26/10/1997 - 8/3/1998 (20 weeks)
    Peak: #8 (for 2 weeks)
    Positions: 17 13 8 8 12 10 10 11 11 10 11 13 19 16 19 21 26 28 36 38

    Spice Girls - TOO MUCH
    Charted: 25/1/1998 - 10/5/1998 (15 weeks)
    Peak: #9 (for 1 week)
    Positions: 29 13 12 11 14 9 12 15 17 23 25 27 28 29 40

    Spice Girls - STOP
    Charted: 10/5/1998 - 27/9/1998 (21 weeks)
    Peak: #5 (for 2 weeks)
    Positions: 11 9 8 7 5 5 9 12 14 14 17 21 23 18 23 22 20 30 35 45 48

    Spice Girls - VIVA FOREVER
    Charted: 6/9/1998 - 24/1/1999 (21 weeks)
    Peak: #2 (for 2 weeks)
    Positions: 8 6 2 2 3 4 4 6 9 9 9 11 12 15 12 16 16 24 31 35 47

    Spice Girls - GOODBYE
    Charted: 20/12/1998 - 4/4/1999 (16 weeks)
    Peak: #3 (for 2 weeks)
    Positions: 5 8 4 4 3 3 5 9 10 17 21 25 35 39 46 48

    Spice Girls - HOLLER / LET LOVE LEAD THE WAY
    Charted: 5/11/2000 - 11/2/2001 (15 weeks)
    Peak: #2 (for 1 week)
    Positions: 2 6 5 7 7 8 11 14 16 16 20 22 36 36 49

    CERTIFICATIONS
    SINGLES Total: 595,000
    Wannabe, Platinum x2, (140,000), 1996
    2 become 1, platinum, (70,000), 1997
    Say you'll Be There, Gold, (35,000), 1997
    Spice Up Your Life, Platinum, (70,000), 1997
    Stop, Gold, (35,000), 1998
    Viva Forever, Platinum, (70,000), 1998
    Goodbye, Platinum, (70,000), 1999
    Too Much, Gold, (35,000), 1998
    Let Love Lead The Way/Holler, Platinum, (70,000), 2000

  • #2
    BELGIUM

    SINGLES
    24.08.1996 #1(6) (15) Wannabe
    02.11.1996 #3 (12) Say You'll Be There
    04.01.1997 #9 (14) 2 Become 1
    22.03.1997 #8 (15) Mama/Who Do You Think You Are
    11.10.1997 #4 (15) Spice Up Your Life
    20.12.1997 #12 (8) Too Much
    07.03.1998 #11 (9) Stop
    01.08.1998 #16 (10) Viva Forever
    19.12.1998 #19 (7) Goodbye

    Comment


    • #3
      ITALY

      SINGLES
      17.09.1996 #4 (15) Wannabe
      17.12.1996 #9 (7) 2 Become 1
      04.03.1997 #23 (2) Say You'll Be There
      18.03.1997 #12 (7) Mama
      14.10.1997 #3 (13) Spice Up Your Life
      30.12.1997 #16 (3) Too Much
      24.03.1998 #22 (2) Stop
      28.07.1998 #2 (15) Viva Forever
      08.12.1998 #2 (12) Goodbye

      ALBUMS
      12.11.1996 #4 (7) Spice

      Comment


      • #4
        NEW ZEALAND

        SINGLES
        08.30.1996 #1(1) (32) Wannabe [Platinum, 10,000]
        11.08.1996 #2 (23) Say You'll Be There [Platinum, 10,000]
        12.20.1996 #3 (18) 2 Become 1 [Gold, 5,000]

        ALBUMS
        12.06.1996 #1(1) (46) Spice [Platinum, 15,000]
        11.21.1997 #1(1) (54) Spiceworld [Platinum, 10,000]
        12.01.2000 #25 (3) Forever [Gold, 7,500]

        Comment


        • #5
          GERMANY

          SINGLES
          12.08.1996 #1(4) (23) Wannabe
          28.10.1996 #16 (15) Say You'll Be There
          23.12.1996 #13 (18) 2 Become 1
          17.03.1997 #4 (17) Mama/Who Do You Think You Are
          27.10.1997 #14 (13) Spice Up Your Life
          22.12.1997 #21 (13) Too Much
          23.03.1998 #35 (9) Stop
          03.08.1998 #4 (23) Viva Forever
          21.12.1998 #17 (11) Goodbye

          ALBUMS
          18.11.1996 #6 (46) Spice
          17.11.1997 #4 (45) Spiceworld
          20.11.2000 #6 (9) Forever

          CERTIFICATIONS
          SINGLES Total: 750,000
          Mama/Who Do You Think You Are, Gold, (250,000)
          Viva Forever, Gold, (250,000)
          Wannabe, Gold, (250,000)
          ALBUMS Total: 1,150,000
          Spice, Platinum, (500,000)
          Spiceworld, Platinum, (500,000)
          Forever, Gold, (150,000)

          Comment


          • #7
            AUSTRALIA continued

            Here's year-end chart from ARIA

            TOP 100 SINGLES 1996
            YE Title HP (Top 100)
            #5 Wannabe #1(9) (19 weeks+)

            TOP 100 SINGLES 1997
            YE Title HP (Top 100)
            #32 2 Become 1 #2 (21 weeks)
            #36 Spice Up Your Life #8 (10 weeks)
            #45 Say You'll Be There #12 (26 weeks)
            #61 Wannabe #1(2) (17 weeks)
            #95 Mama/Who Do You Think You Are #13 (19 weeks)

            TOP 100 ALBUMS 1997
            YE Title HP (Top 100)
            #4 Spice #3 (52 weeks)
            #15 Spiceworld #2 (7 weeks)

            TOP 100 SINGLES 1998
            YE Title HP (Top 100)
            #23 Viva Forever #2 (17 weeks)
            #39 Stop #5 (21 weeks)
            #75 Too Much #9 (15 weeks)

            TOP 100 ALBUMS 1998
            YE Title HP (Top 100)
            #9 Spiceworld #3 (52 weeks)
            #48 Spice #9 (52 weeks)

            TOP 100 SINGLES 1999
            YE Title HP (Top 100)
            #45 Goodbye #3 (16 weeks)

            TOP 100 SINGLES 2000
            YE Title HP (Top 100)
            361 Holler/Let Love Lead The Way #2 (9 weeks)

            CERTIFICATIONS
            ALBUMS Total: 840,000
            Spice, Platinum x6, (420,000), 1998
            Spiceworld, Platinum x6, (420,000), 1998

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by nelson
              NEW ZEALAND

              SINGLES
              08.30.1996 #1(1) (32) Wannabe [Platinum, 10,000]
              11.08.1996 #2 (23) Say You'll Be There [Platinum, 10,000]
              12.20.1996 #3 (18) 2 Become 1 [Gold, 5,000]

              ALBUMS
              12.06.1996 #1(1) (46) Spice [Platinum, 15,000]
              11.21.1997 #1(1) (54) Spiceworld [Platinum, 10,000]
              12.01.2000 #25 (3) Forever [Gold, 7,500]
              Are you sure "2 Become 1" wasn't a number one? Im sure I read it in a big-ass book of NZ #1 singles.

              Mama/Who Do You Think You Are? got to #6.
              Spice Up Your Life got to #2.
              Too Much got to #9.
              Stop got to #9.
              Viva Forever got to #1 (for 2 weeks) and went gold.
              Goodbye got to #1 (for 2, possibly 3 weeks) and went gold.
              Holler/Let Love Lead The Way got to #2.
              Baaaaad relationship??
              The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

              ♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

              Comment


              • #9
                WHY all these "worldwide charts & sales" in separate threads ?
                This forum is losing its attractiveness very quickly if you keep flooding it with the same subject.

                Mind you, the content of your posts is interesting, but you should put it in one thread.

                Comment


                • #10
                  OK, your opinion is welcome.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Muzikritik
                    Are you sure "2 Become 1" wasn't a number one? Im sure I read it in a big-ass book of NZ #1 singles.

                    Mama/Who Do You Think You Are? got to #6.
                    Spice Up Your Life got to #2.
                    Too Much got to #9.
                    Stop got to #9.
                    Viva Forever got to #1 (for 2 weeks) and went gold.
                    Goodbye got to #1 (for 2, possibly 3 weeks) and went gold.
                    Holler/Let Love Lead The Way got to #2.
                    Only 'Wannabe', 'Viva Forever' and 'Goodbye' went to #1 in NZ, as far as I know, and 'Goodbye' went platinum (I don't know about the others).
                    They build you up so they can tear you down
                    Trust the ocean, you'll never drown

                    - Northern Star by Melanie C

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Great info, nelson, thanks! I have most of these, but it's great to have a bit more!

                      BTW, nelson, if you look at the 4th week of 1999 on the NZ albums chart archives at Rianz.org.nz (when Spiceworld was still charting), it had 3xPlatinum certification.

                      Also, do you have the chart runs for 'Spice' and 'Spice Up Your Life' in Italy and all the singles and albums (except 'Forever') in New Zealand?

                      Thanks again!
                      They build you up so they can tear you down
                      Trust the ocean, you'll never drown

                      - Northern Star by Melanie C

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by nelson
                        BELGIUM

                        SINGLES
                        24.08.1996 #1(6) (15) Wannabe
                        02.11.1996 #3 (12) Say You'll Be There
                        04.01.1997 #9 (14) 2 Become 1
                        22.03.1997 #8 (15) Mama/Who Do You Think You Are
                        11.10.1997 #4 (15) Spice Up Your Life
                        20.12.1997 #12 (8) Too Much
                        07.03.1998 #11 (9) Stop
                        01.08.1998 #16 (10) Viva Forever
                        19.12.1998 #19 (7) Goodbye
                        Were these data from the Walloon (French-speaking part of Belgium) charts, nelson?

                        In my records, here are the correct peaks for the Spice Girls singles in Flanders // Wallony:
                        Wannabe #1(5 weeks) // #1 (? weeks)
                        Say You'll Be There #8 // #?
                        2 Become 1 #11 // #?
                        Mama/WDYTYA #10 // #?
                        Spice Up Your Life #4 // #?
                        Too Much #12 // #?
                        Stop #14 // #?
                        Viva Forever #13 // #10
                        Goodbye #14 // #12
                        Holler/LLLTW #35 // #15
                        They build you up so they can tear you down
                        Trust the ocean, you'll never drown

                        - Northern Star by Melanie C

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by jayspice
                          Great info, nelson, thanks! I have most of these, but it's great to have a bit more!

                          BTW, nelson, if you look at the 4th week of 1999 on the NZ albums chart archives at Rianz.org.nz (when Spiceworld was still charting), it had 3xPlatinum certification.

                          Also, do you have the chart runs for 'Spice' and 'Spice Up Your Life' in Italy and all the singles and albums (except 'Forever') in New Zealand?

                          Thanks again!
                          That's all I've got at the moment, maybe sometime in the future, I will post as much as I've got.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by jayspice
                            Originally posted by nelson
                            BELGIUM

                            SINGLES
                            24.08.1996 #1(6) (15) Wannabe
                            02.11.1996 #3 (12) Say You'll Be There
                            04.01.1997 #9 (14) 2 Become 1
                            22.03.1997 #8 (15) Mama/Who Do You Think You Are
                            11.10.1997 #4 (15) Spice Up Your Life
                            20.12.1997 #12 (8) Too Much
                            07.03.1998 #11 (9) Stop
                            01.08.1998 #16 (10) Viva Forever
                            19.12.1998 #19 (7) Goodbye
                            Were these data from the Walloon (French-speaking part of Belgium) charts, nelson?

                            In my records, here are the correct peaks for the Spice Girls singles in Flanders // Wallony:
                            Wannabe #1(5 weeks) // #1 (? weeks)
                            Say You'll Be There #8 // #?
                            2 Become 1 #11 // #?
                            Mama/WDYTYA #10 // #?
                            Spice Up Your Life #4 // #?
                            Too Much #12 // #?
                            Stop #14 // #?
                            Viva Forever #13 // #10
                            Goodbye #14 // #12
                            Holler/LLLTW #35 // #15
                            Yes, your chart is correct, it's BRT chart, right, my chart is a combination of all charts in Beigium, chart book called "Het Belgisch Hit Boek 1954-1999". Could you tell me where did you get your chart from, I would interest in another artists in your chart data.

                            Here's another Belgum chart.
                            Humo
                            Wannabe #1
                            Say You'll Be There #1
                            2 Become 1 #8
                            Mama/Who Do You Think You Are #7

                            VTM/Joepie
                            Wannabe #1
                            Say You'll Be There #3
                            2 Become 1 #6
                            Mama/Who Do You Think You Are #4
                            Spice Up Your Life #3
                            Too Much #10
                            Stop #11
                            Viva Forever #20
                            Goodbye #20

                            Comment


                            • #16
                              Originally posted by jayspice
                              Great info, nelson, thanks! I have most of these, but it's great to have a bit more!

                              BTW, nelson, if you look at the 4th week of 1999 on the NZ albums chart archives at Rianz.org.nz (when Spiceworld was still charting), it had 3xPlatinum certification.

                              Also, do you have the chart runs for 'Spice' and 'Spice Up Your Life' in Italy and all the singles and albums (except 'Forever') in New Zealand?

                              Thanks again!
                              I don't have the New Zealand chart run, the data just from the chart book, singles up to 1996, albums up to 2000.

                              ITALY Albums chart run
                              Spice
                              22-20-15-11-6-6-4-4-5-4-4-3-4-4-3-2-4-5-7-7-7-7-8-8-9-10-14-12-10-13-12-14-14-18-19
                              Spiceworld
                              2-2-2-2-4-3-7-6-6-6-6-6-8-15-16-13-20-23-24-22-19-24
                              Forever
                              14-21-20-38-28-38-46-49-45

                              Comment


                              • #17
                                Thanks Nelson!

                                Info on Spice Girls are very welcome here lol but I dont want to be rude, but sometimes it seems that your certifications are a little bit low :-? like, I saw in inumerous magazines that Mariah's MUSIC BOX has sold more than a million in Australia, I saw that in videos too, everywhere! It was also released a special GOLD edition there when the album hitted the 1 million mark! But you said it only is 11x Platinum...
                                Me Facebook | Me LastFM

                                Comment


                                • #18
                                  Spain:

                                  Spice: 1.000.000 (10 platinum & diamond) #1(11)
                                  Spiceworld: 200.000 #2
                                  Forever: ??.??? #26
                                  http://antoonio.blogspot.com/
                                  http://www.lastfm.es/user/antoonio

                                  Comment


                                  • #19
                                    Originally posted by nelson
                                    Yes, your chart is correct, it's BRT chart, right, my chart is a combination of all charts in Beigium, chart book called "Het Belgisch Hit Boek 1954-1999". Could you tell me where did you get your chart from, I would interest in another artists in your chart data.

                                    Here's another Belgum chart.
                                    Humo
                                    Wannabe #1
                                    Say You'll Be There #1
                                    2 Become 1 #8
                                    Mama/Who Do You Think You Are #7

                                    VTM/Joepie
                                    Wannabe #1
                                    Say You'll Be There #3
                                    2 Become 1 #6
                                    Mama/Who Do You Think You Are #4
                                    Spice Up Your Life #3
                                    Too Much #10
                                    Stop #11
                                    Viva Forever #20
                                    Goodbye #20
                                    Thanks for these! I got all my chart peaks for songs before 1999 through another member in this forum (Andries was his name, I think). All the other info on the Flemish and Walloon charts are from Ultratop.
                                    They build you up so they can tear you down
                                    Trust the ocean, you'll never drown

                                    - Northern Star by Melanie C

                                    Comment


                                    • #20
                                      Originally posted by Euterpe
                                      Spain:

                                      Spice: 1.000.000 (10 platinum & diamond) #1(11)
                                      Spiceworld: 200.000 #2
                                      Forever: ??.??? #26
                                      Forever was certified gold and Spiceworld was 3xPlatinum, as from what I saw on a AFYVE certifications site made by Mangaka. I also got from that site the information that "Spice" was #1 for 16 weeks, though I have to count the weeks yet properly.
                                      They build you up so they can tear you down
                                      Trust the ocean, you'll never drown

                                      - Northern Star by Melanie C

                                      Comment


                                      • #21
                                        Originally posted by nelson
                                        I don't have the New Zealand chart run, the data just from the chart book, singles up to 1996, albums up to 2000.

                                        ITALY Albums chart run
                                        Spice
                                        22-20-15-11-6-6-4-4-5-4-4-3-4-4-3-2-4-5-7-7-7-7-8-8-9-10-14-12-10-13-12-14-14-18-19
                                        Spiceworld
                                        2-2-2-2-4-3-7-6-6-6-6-6-8-15-16-13-20-23-24-22-19-24
                                        Forever
                                        14-21-20-38-28-38-46-49-45
                                        Thanks for these again. Do you have the entry dates for these albums? And also, do you have the chart run for 'Spice Up Your Life' in the singles chart? Thanks again!
                                        They build you up so they can tear you down
                                        Trust the ocean, you'll never drown

                                        - Northern Star by Melanie C

                                        Comment


                                        • #22
                                          Originally posted by jayspice
                                          Originally posted by nelson
                                          I don't have the New Zealand chart run, the data just from the chart book, singles up to 1996, albums up to 2000.

                                          ITALY Albums chart run
                                          Spice
                                          22-20-15-11-6-6-4-4-5-4-4-3-4-4-3-2-4-5-7-7-7-7-8-8-9-10-14-12-10-13-12-14-14-18-19
                                          Spiceworld
                                          2-2-2-2-4-3-7-6-6-6-6-6-8-15-16-13-20-23-24-22-19-24
                                          Forever
                                          14-21-20-38-28-38-46-49-45
                                          Thanks for these again. Do you have the entry dates for these albums? And also, do you have the chart run for 'Spice Up Your Life' in the singles chart? Thanks again!
                                          Unfortunately, I don't have entry date.

                                          SINGLES
                                          Wannabe
                                          23-6-4-7-6-12-11-5-14-12-10-17-15-19-25
                                          2 Become 1
                                          15-9-10-17-23-25-24
                                          Say You'll Be There
                                          23-24
                                          Mama/Who You Do Think You Are
                                          21-12-19-25-22-21-16
                                          Spice Up Your Life
                                          11-9-3-4-3-5-4-7-7-12-11-13-19
                                          Too Much
                                          20-16-20
                                          Stop
                                          22-22
                                          Viva Forever
                                          19-16-12-6-2-3-5-3-2-5-5-10-22-22-23
                                          Goodbye
                                          21-4-3-3-2-2-3-4-7-13-20-25
                                          Holler/Let Love Lead The Way
                                          12-5-10-10-8-11-18-19-19-47-49-45

                                          Comment


                                          • #23
                                            Originally posted by nelson
                                            ITALY Albums chart run
                                            Spice
                                            22-20-15-11-6-6-4-4-5-4-4-3-4-4-3-2-4-5-7-7-7-7-8-8-9-10-14-12-10-13-12-14-14-18-19
                                            Spiceworld
                                            2-2-2-2-4-3-7-6-6-6-6-6-8-15-16-13-20-23-24-22-19-24
                                            Forever
                                            14-21-20-38-28-38-46-49-45
                                            Hi again nelson! Did you use the AFI charts for these? Because in the FIMI chart archives, the chart runs for 'Forever' and 'Holler/LLLTW' were different.

                                            And also, I'd very much appreciate it if you also post chart info on the solo members of the Spice Girls [Melanie/Mel C, Emma Bunton, Victoria Beckham, Melanie/Mel B (known for a short period as Melanie/Mel G), and Geri Halliwell]. Thanks very much again!
                                            They build you up so they can tear you down
                                            Trust the ocean, you'll never drown

                                            - Northern Star by Melanie C

                                            Comment


                                            • #24
                                              Originally posted by jayspice
                                              Originally posted by nelson
                                              ITALY Albums chart run
                                              Spice
                                              22-20-15-11-6-6-4-4-5-4-4-3-4-4-3-2-4-5-7-7-7-7-8-8-9-10-14-12-10-13-12-14-14-18-19
                                              Spiceworld
                                              2-2-2-2-4-3-7-6-6-6-6-6-8-15-16-13-20-23-24-22-19-24
                                              Forever
                                              14-21-20-38-28-38-46-49-45
                                              Hi again nelson! Did you use the AFI charts for these? Because in the FIMI chart archives, the chart runs for 'Forever' and 'Holler/LLLTW' were different.

                                              And also, I'd very much appreciate it if you also post chart info on the solo members of the Spice Girls [Melanie/Mel C, Emma Bunton, Victoria Beckham, Melanie/Mel B (known for a short period as Melanie/Mel G), and Geri Halliwell]. Thanks very much again!
                                              Singles
                                              Emma Bunton
                                              What took you so long
                                              14-7-7-13-14-11-13-16-12-16-23-26-41-42-39-45-43

                                              Take My breath away
                                              38-28

                                              Maybe
                                              18

                                              Geri Halliwell
                                              Look at me
                                              19-7-8-6-8-5-8-8-10-24-36-35

                                              Mi chico latino
                                              32-15-18-10-7-5-5-6-5-9-14-13-19-39

                                              Life me up
                                              37-47-36-35-34-38-46-48

                                              Bag it up
                                              29-24-33-43

                                              It's raining men
                                              6-5-1-3-2-1-2-1-1-1-2-3-3-6-14-27-32-35-40

                                              Scream if you wanna go faster
                                              37-18-10-9-17-28-30-36

                                              Calling
                                              18-31-40-35-39-38-37-49

                                              Melanic C
                                              When You're Gone
                                              20-21

                                              World up
                                              34

                                              Going down
                                              37-37-48

                                              Here it comes again
                                              15-22-47


                                              ALBUMS
                                              Geri Halliwell

                                              Schizophonic
                                              25-16-22-26-29-34-36-38-46-31-28-43-40

                                              Scream if you wanna go faster
                                              33-24-23-26-32-28-30-36-44-29-41-36-40-47-38-42

                                              Comment


                                              • #25
                                                Are these from the AFI charts? Are the AFI charts based purely on sales?
                                                They build you up so they can tear you down
                                                Trust the ocean, you'll never drown

                                                - Northern Star by Melanie C

                                                Comment

                                                Working...
                                                X